Senior IT Project Manager
Top Secret clearance. PMP, CISSP and ITIL v3 Foundations certified. Retired military officer with a proven track record of directing projects, obtaining and maintaining certification and accreditation, analyzing requirements, project scheduling, earned value management, budgeting, forecasting, problem solving, time management and reporting.
Sr. Project Manager, Confidential
- Directed the deployment and operation of the USMC's identity management solution, comprised of the Sun/Oracle Identity Suite. Led the transition from Sun hardware to a virtualized solution utilizing Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Executed delivery of the MCEITS Tactical Collaborative Work Suite TCWS task order and provided oversight of cost, schedule and scope. Delivery included the integration of a virtualized tactical collaborative system, with scripted automatic deployments of virtualized Microsoft Windows 2008 Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Connect, Jabber XCP, Mcafee ePO, Symantec Backup Exec, Microsoft Exchange 2010, SQL Server, and HP Sitescope.
- Served as primary customer liaison, attended customer meetings, and interacted with vendors, other agencies and customer staff. Commanded resources, schedule, scope, and budget for assigned task orders.
- Coordinated and managed the development of deliverables, project and engineering/technical documentation including project plans, schedules, reports, requirements traceability matrix, and test plans.
- Developed technical proposals and associated statements of work.
- Managed geographically disbursed project staff, including supporting subcontractors, system engineers, software engineers and developers, subject matter experts, information assurance specialists, and technical writers to successfully deliver services, products and deliverables to the customer.
- Principal Data Analyst IUID Program Support
- Provides analytical support for the USMC's Item Unique Identification IUID program. Investigates data discrepancies related to IUID marking efforts. Analyzes user needs to develop and refine functional requirements for the e-Sync proof of concept - an system that collects data from handheld scanners and provides data export/synchronization capability with the USMC's Temporary Data Storage TDS and the DoD IUID Registry.
- Information Assurance Analyst USMC OCIO, Quantico, VA
- Performed vulnerability scanning for the Marine Corps Systems Command OCIO server farm. Reported vulnerabilities to customers and ensured appropriate patches and remediation activities were completed. Developed a local database in Microsoft Access to track the environment's security status and to facilitate reporting of IAV compliance to the MCNOSC.
- Directed the corporate implementation of Capability Maturity Model Integration CMMI best practices. Communicated implementation schedule status and risks/issues to senior management and stakeholders. Successfully ushered company through Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement SCAMPI appraisal for maturity level 2.
- Assessed project adherence to corporate policy. Conducted product and process quality assurance audits for projects.
- Established and maintained the configuration management system for PMO and projects in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Reviewed, maintained, and published corporate project policies, plans, and organizational templates.
Project Officer Active Duty, Confidential
- Managed the system development life cycle SDLC for 3 enterprise-level IT systems with a combined annual operating budget of 5M and 4200 users, serving as a single point of contact for these projects.
- Directed software development projects including COTS software upgrades and associated infrastructure enhancements. Analyzed and implemented a variety of customer system requirements. Defined scope, developed schedules, project plans, tracked risks and managed allocation of resources.
- Directed and supported 30 contract personnel in a matrix organizational structure, including functional area managers, system and database administrators, software developers, system analysts/testers and documentation specialists.
- Maintained certification and accreditation status and Plan of Action Milestones POA M . Ensured that DoD INFOCON requirements were met and aligned systems with both DHS DoD security postures and controls. Reviewed and approved system technical, managerial, and security documentation.
- Facilitated software change management. Tracked and reported changes requests and trouble tickets with Rational Clearquest. Stood up and facilitated the CE L Configuration Control Board CCB for both the civil and facility engineering communities who often have diverse positions and competing requirements. Heightened accomplishments and synergy gained consensus in quarterly business system work lists and more systematic approach to change management.
- Managed cost controls and constructed annual budgets. Reviewed and approved contractor labor charges and other direct costs, approved project purchases, and briefed program management on monthly project estimates. Presented budgets to program office, gaining approval and funding resulting in continuity of work and system resources.
- Reported cost, schedule and performance to upper level management and stakeholders. Briefed program office, civil facility engineering community, technical teams and other key stakeholders during business and technical meetings.
Contract Manager Active Duty, Confidential
- Administered technical execution of up to 250M in multiple large-scale IT operations support O S contracts and provided program oversight of cost, schedule and scope, including vessel SIPRNET connectivity, encryption communications equipment, and software development/deployment. Saved 50k/year in contract admin costs and gave the contractor more flexibility for the prioritization of maintenance efforts by negotiating the consolidation of similar requirements from six smaller task orders into one large task order.
- Designated Certifying Authority CA . Conducted Information Assurance IA risk analysis and identified areas needing safeguards. Prepared an IA evaluation report on the status of certification and recommended to the Designated Approving Authority DAA , whether or not to accredit the system based on documented residual risks.