Job Objective: Middle level positions in Project Management, Core Planning Management, Operation Maintenance Management, UMTS network with leading organisations in the Telecom sector.
Plan, dimension engineer the design specifications of the entities and services in the area responsible for and typically work on more complex, larger and higher importance projects and also deliver highly optimal results.
- Over 14 years' experience in various areas of Operation Maintenance, such as Network Operations Control Center Core Network Planning. Different Projects execution, Site Management, Maintenance Management, GSM UMTS Network Implementation and testing of various services including GPRS, Edge, HSPA LTE in the Telecom sector in Kuwait.
- Served in Core Network Planning Design as Senior Core Technical Specialist and well versed with the Network Management Center and expertise in Core Network Planning.
- Holds the distinction of successfully planning, executing managing various O M activities in order to provide the Company with an operationally effective support for maintaining and upgrading current and future services and features of the Company's GSM network. Monitoring the entire GSM Network 24 hours and taking action accordingly also providing switching and transmission support. Nokia Siemens 2G 3G, Ericsson 2G 3G, Huawei 2G 3G .
- Enterprising personnel with excellent analytical, organisational and interpersonal skills to create resilient, robust network design plan ensuring the KPI's are met. Including adequate capacity planning, utilization and redundancies for achieving Network availability minimizing outages as dictated by the business
Areas of Expertise
PLANNING Site Management
- Provide all relevant plans for NSN E/// 2G 3G site integration RXI cross connect plan, ATM/IP plan, ATND, XML scripts etc .
- Optimization Management
- Analyze Performance Counters and identify congestion on various interfaces such as ABIS, GB links, IuB, IuPS, IuR, other PLMN trunk load optimize based on business needs.
- IuB dimensioning
- PSTN ISCX expansion Design expansion based on current traffic and projected expected growth.
- Report Management
- Generate Monthly Network utilization report for all Core Network elements.
- Various N/W element reports subject to requirement
- Roles responsibilities handled during the execution of the below mentioned crucial projects in Wataniya Telecom, Kuwait
- Overall Project planning
- Project Management co-ordination within the project team, other departments upper management
- Financial Documentation control
- o Ensuring that the project requirements objectives are met, the project is completed within the time frame and the allocated budget. Also preparing and presenting technical reports and project presentations.
- o Identifying, tracking, monitoring and communicating project-related risks issues on a timely basis. And mitigation of any variances and contingencies that could possibly affect the project schedule, and accordingly facilitating amicable solutions for any change of scope.
Confidential Site Management
- Supervise all activities including providing technical inputs as well as supervising installation, testing, acceptance commissioning of Nokia and Ericsson UMTS network, Nokia BSS, Ericsson BSS and Siemens BSS GSM networks from NOC.
- Assist in providing procedures for network parameter modifications and execute Network changes requested by network engineering and planning.
- Maintenance Management
- Support the development of the Company's GSM network swaps and upgrades, and develop the required knowledge.
- Regular monitoring of the engineering component of contractor performance ensuring compliance with all contractual terms and conditions.
- Support and assist NOC BSS maintenance personnel in solving hardware and software problems.
- Handle maintenance of the Nokia and Ericsson UMTS network, Ericsson BSS, Nokia BSS and Siemens BSS network. Use the following applications for Maintenance:
- Nokia Application Launcher for maintenance, alarm reporting, creating new sites, report generation and software management for Nokia UMTS network.
- OSS for Ericsson BSS maintenance, alarm reporting, creating new sites, report generation and software upgrades of BSS networks.
- Siemens EMOS applications for maintenance, alarm reporting, creating new sites, report generation, scripts implementation and software management.
- Siemens EMOS and Ericsson Minilink Manager for the maintenance, alarm reporting trouble shooting for the transmission network.
- Monitor all network elements using TMN take the necessary actions and escalate when necessary.
- Handle System Administration of NMC-BSS by effectively performing user administration, systems back up, software upgrades and updates.
- Render on job training to fresh engineers project handlers streamline Operation Maintenance processes and procedures.
- Track all Telecom network activities ensure successful execution and completion.
- Support Filed Service implementation personnel in integration and acceptance testing activities.
- Analyze Traffic Management, network performance statistics take immediate actions accordingly.
- Ensure that all services and network elements are up and healthy for achieving high availability rates.
- Ensure System Service Performance, and handle emergency circumstances and provide solutions for quick recovery from emergency situations.
- Coordinate for major hardware and software upgrades / changeovers etc. in the network.
- Customer Complaints Trouble Tickets Management
- Devised the Customer Complaints procedure for Wataniya Telecom, starting workflow from CC Helpdesk to Technical Division.
- Keeping track of all customer complaints and trouble tickets and ensure proper TT escalation in the predefined timelines.
- Procedure Implementation
- Design execute various procedures, finalising the flow scope thorough meetings discussions held with concerned department staffs including:
- Operational Procedures to be followed by NOC.
- TMN Alarm monitoring escalation procedure.
- Hardware Upgrade Software Implementation procedure.
- Schedule Management
- Manage NOC staff with proper guidance and providing a very congenial shift schedule. Managing the staffs at 24/7 3 shift pattern.
- Report Management
- Generation of various reports based on alarms, network performance, trouble tickets, customer complaints etc.
- Major Projects Handled Involved in
- Developed implemented the Customer Complaints procedure for Wataniya Telecom, starting workflow from CC Helpdesk to Technical Division.
- Main only point of contact from Technical Division for Asset Management implementation.
- Deployment of new trouble ticket system for Wataniya Telecom, Service Desk Plus.
- Swap of Siemens BSS network to Ericsson BSS.
- Swap from Siemens BSS to Nokia BSS.
- Network expansion from 650K to 900K in 6 months.
- 3G network roll out with Nokia and Ericsson UMTS.