DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE, SECURITY AND OPERATIONS
- Strong Managerially - Cutting-edge Technologically
- Fifteen Years Deep Broad Management and Full Technical Level Expertise Directing IT Planning Strategy, Infrastructure/Network Operations, IT Data Security CISSP 92592 2006/9 , SOX, HIPAA, PCI DSS, ISO compliancy , Cloud Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity/Risk Mitigation and Change Management/Control and Database Systems.
- Broad Operational and Large-Scale Project Management Experience at both Enterprise >1yr / Organization-wide Departmental Application Development levels. ERP/CRM implementations, MS SQL Database/Reporting/Analysis.
- Strong Mentorship In Creating Well-Rounded IT Staff Capable of Cross-Backup on all Major Functions. Sets Aggressive Individual and Team Goals.
- Extensive Vendor and Budget Management Experience including full Salary, Capx, Expense, Allocations and IT Procurement Responsibility. Large, SMB, Non-Profit experience.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
| || |
| || |
Director - IT / Infrastructure, Operations IT Security
Major accomplishments include:
- Development and implementation of the company's first top-to-bottom IT Strategic Plan/Roadmap.
- Initiated and directed all business requirements gathering, RFP and negotiation of contracts to implement Tableau Business Intelligence and Analysis data warehouse.
- Planned, Developed and Fully Implemented Company's first Change Management Process. Audit of company's IT security posture implementing mitigating controls to achieve gap reduction.
- Full Direction over large, secure Datacenter serving three divisions running 24x7 operations: IT LAN/WAN Infrastructure, Cisco Routers incl.multiple VLANs w/ DSCP-QoS , HP Dell FC iSCSI SAN, vmWare 5, Virtualized Servers IT Security full Checkpoint firewall/management, SSL VPN, ipSec S2S VPN over T1, Fiber and cable, Nessus, Wireshark, Tufin Securetrack, Websense , Windows 2008/2008R2 2012 Server management including full AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO's, Powershell. MS Exchange 2013, Citrix over MS RDP
Directed all Application Development and systems integration for large Warehouse Management System WMS
Director IT Operations, Infrastructure, IT Security Databases
Department head and member of the Executive Staff responsible for organization-wide information strategy during a time of fast expansion including all IT SQL-based data architecture, reporting and business analysis, flexible IT infrastructure across a disparate workforce, IT security/disaster recovery to auditable standards and IT-business/financial systems integration and reporting across multiple internal and external stakeholders. Strong Mentoring of Technical Staff To Create Cross-Functional Backup.
Major accomplishments include:
- Full development, implementation and technical management of new organizational IT infrastructure encompassing NY headquarters, six regional remote offices along and additional staff working including five SOX-compliant datacenters over secure VPN connections T1, Fiber, Cable including full vmVare 5 4 virtualization of systems, Windows 2012/2008 2003, Full AD, GPO's, DNS, DHCP, PowerShell, MS Exchange 2007/2013 email smartphone/tablet devices, MS SQL Server 2008, SAN Dell/EMC , Fully switched Cisco/Dell infrastructure switches, routers , regularly audited Cisco ASA firewalls. Achieved 99.9 uptime.
- Implemented secure, audited IT Security infrastructure Cisco ASA Firewall, Nessus, Barracuda, MS System Center , Websense . Directed extensive SOX compliance remediation, change control/management policies, procedures and reporting resulting in over 6 years of SOX audit opinion with no material weaknesses.
- Complete start-to-finish implementation of new Cloud-based VoIP telephone and videoconference system resulting in 250K/yr. direct savings through elimination of former contracted services
- Complete and successful strategic implementation of a comprehensive fund accounting/GL/CRM-development system and MS SQL-based data warehouse combining strategic information from multiple sources bringing all areas of the organization's data and reporting under one unified umbrella financial, development/constituent, outreach, fundraising, social and web resulting in over 12mil. of funding discovered over a 2 year period by allowing previously hidden revenue opportunities to be uncovered.
- Strategic direction of technologies to be kept on premise, outsourced or moved to the Cloud. Full Cloud-based secure replication backup for Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity resulting in a maximum 1 hour RPO.
- Directed implementation of disaster recovery/business continuity and security policies resulting in external SOX-level audit opinion of no material weaknesses.
- Managed 5 IT Staff direct staff / offshore contractor India , vendor and 1.5M budget including capital, expense, allocations and procurement. Managed IT education program training staff on at least two secondary backup functions
- Global IT Infrastructure Operations Manager Moved up through the ranks from technical specialist to technical management in 2001
- Complete Managerial and Technical Direction over Global IT Infrastructure Security Operations for 3 companies on two continents including four large manufacturing/warehousing facilities.
- Major accomplishments included:
- Directed development and full deployment of 24 x 7 SOX, FDA-compliant, Secure Network and Datacenter Operations of multiple large-scale datacenters with Intel/Windows 2000/2003/XP, Solaris, Dell, HP, Unix/Linux, Cisco, Lotus Domino, MS Exchange, EMC SAN, Citrix, MS SQL/Oracle, VPN, Active Directory, Firewalls, Web and eCommerce servers, Load Balancers, Redundant Failover, TCP/IP etc. to 99.7 uptime.
- Wrote and implemented over 30 Security Audit Policies, Procedures and Processes to SOX and HIPAA compliance levels based on CobiT, ITIL and ISO 17779 standards including the following areas:
- Electronic Communications and Use Policies Security Responsibility for Company Personnel
- Firewall Standards and Procedures Change Control Policy
- Data Backup and Recovery Procedures Disaster Recovery Process Control Matrix
- IT Systems Audit Testing and Remediation Policy Remote Security VPN, SSL, IPSec for Mobile Employees
- Directed and successfully implemented multiple large-scale IT Projects such as Secure Wireless Technology, Sales Force Automation/CRM system deployment and Global WAN across US and EU operations .
- Re-engineered IT Client Services organization from a reactive, technically-focused group to one based on excellence-in-service focusing on the business needs of the client base as its top priority. Developed and implemented training and mentor programs for both technology staff and clients.
- Managed 12 IT Staff direct staff / dotted line application developers / contractors . Budget Accountability for over 5 million in technology capital and expense including capital/expense budgeting and allocations.