- 15 years of extensive experience in IT strategy/governance, program/project management, IT service management, and system integration/SDLC
- Certified PMP, Scrum Master, and ITIL Expert who managed/mentored various complex IT programs 100 staff with national presence and budget over 65 million
- Proven track record of advising, managing, and transitioning IT system development, infrastructure, and operations using industry best practice. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A visionary in delivering enterprise technical solutions Web Services/SOA, Cloud, Data Analytics/BI, COTS using effective IT methodology Agile/Scrum, CMMi/RUP Waterfall to meet business needs
- Demonstrated strategic leadership in building corporate service offering/CoE, teaming/managing vendors, establishing acquisition PMO BPA/IDIQ , and developing proposals/business initiatives
- Communicate/present well with various organizational levels from C-suite executive, program offices, business branches, to external customers/vendors
- Project Management Portfolio/Budget Management, Earned Value Management EVM , Quality Management, Microsoft Project, Business Process Reengineering
- IT Methodologies SDLC/RUP, Agile Scrum/XP , ITIL/IT Service Management ITSM , CMMi
- Tools Agile Rally/JIRA , RUP Rational/Jazz , ITSM tools BMC, CA, Axios, HP , Microsoft Office Project, Word, Excel, Visio , Team Foundation Server TFS , various IDEs Visual Studio, Eclipse
Program Manager Confidential
- Managed a multi-year capital program to upgrade Amtrak station technology and infrastructure nationwide to improve customer experience. This original scope includes adapting mobile technologies, developing Payment Card Industry PCI compliant wireless network, and acquiring/deploying kiosks hardware/software with enhanced functionality/payment platform for 1000 stations across the States.
- Planned the program roadmap for steering committee, defined program governance structure/process, established the mobile strategy, and designed the transition approach. Led the communication and outreach to collaborate with business stakeholders Executive Committee, Finance, Policies, Marketing and Sales , and field operational groups Northeast Corridor, Mid Atlantic, Pacific Northwest, Central, Southwest, Southern , and 8 states support group.
Program Manager Confidential
- Managed a multi-year mission-critical IT program with an annual budget of 18M. This enterprise-scale software program comprises of more than 20related system development, data analytics, and maintenance O M projects concurrently to support OCC's core business function bank examination, and interface with existing systems.
- Oversaw a team of 100 technical staff with 6 project managers. Responsible for the overall contract FFP, T M budgeting, resource planning, task performance, and financial management cost estimation, tracking, and forecasting . Implemented program-wide reporting Portfolio Dashboard, Project, Operations/SLA for contract COR reviews with government directors/executives, and participated monthly/quarterly meetings with firm's executives to communicate program status, justify, defend, and persuade acceptance of the program budget.
- Defined the process improvements initiatives to address customer's pain points. Managed process asset library PAL and enforced pertaining projects to use the standard operation procedures SOPs /guidelines including Agile project planning/estimating, SDLC gate reviews, Change Control/management CCB ,risk management, project scheduling/control MS project , requirements analysis Requisite Pro and quality assurance ClearQuest .
- Maintained a positive relationship with government customer by collaborating with IT department and business units to balance priorities, resolve resource/schedule conflicts among multiple projects.
- Analyzed program requirements and identify staffing needs, areas for improvement, and strategies for future program growth to define/manage the staffing and recruiting plan. Interview, hire, and train employees.
Project Manager/Agile Scrum Master Confidential
- Led the planning and implementation of the Agile/Scrum project, coordinated with USPTO product owners and team resources to define project scope, short-term and long-term goals, deliverables, and release plan/schedule. Tracked team velocity, reported sprint/release progress, and facilitated the issues/blocks resolution. Conducted lessons learned and/or retrospective to evaluate project effectiveness. Responsible for project budgeting, cost analysis, report, and forecast.
- Managed cross-organization project teams and matrixed resources business analysts, developers, architects, user experience SMEs, testers, and tech writers . The technologies used including Java Apache/Tomcat , web services SOAP, Amazon , web framework Sprint MVC, Struts, JSON/Restlet, AngularJS , Content Management System Cassandra , and Role-based Single-Sign-On SSO .
- Led the requirements task to translate business requirements into a complex and mission-critical solution for PTAB. Document new Business Process Model and vision to retire the legacy PTAB applications PRCP, ACTS , building new capabilities/functionalities, and integrating other existing PALM, RAM, IFW, EFS-WEB or future systems PE2E, FPNG, MyUSPTO, EDW .
- Conducted project meetings such as project kick-off, status meeting, risk and quality review meetings.
Manager Advisory Confidential
- Implemented PwC's business strategy by building the CIO advisory capabilities Governance/EA, Cloud, ITSM, Data Management in public sector. Demonstrate to GSA on cloud strategy/transition by building the business prototype using salesforce.com platform. Contributed to achieve platinum partnership with Salesforce.com. Trained and certified as SFDC.
- Managed/built a team of 60 staff with 5 work stream leads to establish firm's Portfolio and Program Management PPM capability network/CoE. Built the enterprise standard PM methodology, process, tools and templates by planning and assigning work to team members and reviewing the completed work for technical adequacy and timeliness. Coached staff to set career goal and improvement plan, and appraised their performance. Conducted team-building activities and on-job training to motivate team member to max their performance.
- Led the Medical Scheduling program office to manage/coordinate Integrated Project Teams IPTs to replace/modernize Veteran's Affair VA 's Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture VistA , one of the most complex enterprise applications in VA which is composed of 134 interfaces, more than 200 deployment sites, and 180,000 users across the country. Defined and documented the COTS acquisition and integration strategy, transition roadmap, and technical requirements/evaluation criteria to shape the statements of work SOW of the Request for Proposal RFP . Provided technical reviews and various reports budget/estimation, cost, staffing, risk, and project performance to senior leadership.
- Led Federal Aviation Agency FAA 's mission-critical safety administration system SAS business analysis and requirements task. Established rapport with FAA leadership and multiple stakeholders through Joint Application Development JAD . Planned and managed the delivery of SDLC requirements/technical documents Con-ops, business and system requirements, user stories/use cases, and RTM and translated the vision into an enterprise-wide software program.
- Led several IT captures to identify/qualify opportunities, stand up program office for BPA/IDIQ capture, establish teaming and staffing plan, and develop/review proposals. Developed and conducted quality management classroom training for PMP bootcamp.
Technical Manager Confidential
- Built a team of 7 technical staff in support of FAA eFAST acquisition program, a contract vehicle with 2billion value for Small Business. Ledand motivate the team to implement an automated system Open Season website from conception to completion on MOSS 2007 platform/C . It automates the complex acquisition functions including vendor registration, document management/approval, technical evaluation, cost analysis, score algorism and business rule application, notification, and public announcement. The site has an annual usage growth of more than 1,000 users.
- Draft the business case for Open Season website and chartered the project through initiation/business requirements project origination . Monitored the project execution/progress, applied risk and financial controls, and closed out the project after the production deployment to transition to operation/maintenance.
- Worked with CO/COTR to re-engineer the acquisition and procurement processes. Assisted CO to develop SOW, technical formula, and evaluation criteria for cost plus proposals to review and select qualified vendors in eFAST contract vehicle.
- Managed the project by defining scope, planning work with priority, and developing schedule and cost baseline, assigning tasks, balancing priorities, and tracking/reviewing team performance to deliver the application on time/on budget with high quality. Briefed program plan/status to FAA Acquisition and Business division manager on monthly basis.
- Speaker on Open Season website on behalf of FAA eFAST acquisition program at the 2011 Pre-proposal conference interfacing with 1000-1500 representatives from more than 500 small business vendors
Associate/Project Manager Confidential
- Representing the DON CIO office, led the effort in developing ITSM policies and framework, facilitating discussion forum including major Naval organizations CNO N2/N6, USMC C4, PEO-EIS, SPAWAR, MCNOSC, NNWC, NAVCYBERFOR and key enterprise programs NGEN, CANES, ONE-NET . Integrated the framework with DON Enterprise Architect EA for the CPIC review, and briefed the strategic roadmap with key initiatives large-scale software development to the head of CIO office.
- Provided quality oversight in the portfolio of highly visible programs, such as Army-SPOT program contract value of 55M , and FBI-SMIS program contract value of 35M . Advised/persuaded program leadership to take corrective actions on identified problems/risk areas through quantitative analysis of correlated data and projection. This effort also ensures the organizational SDLC standard process execution to maintain Booz Allen CMMI Level 3 rating.
- Development manager to direct all facets of RCPR system development as the first Agile/Scrum pilot project for Booz Allen. Planned the iterative releases, broke functionality into smaller modules to fit, automated frequent software builds and testing in sprint, engaged customer for sprint demo, and built a self-motivated team.
- Led a cross-functional project team of 20 matrixed individuals to design, develop and deploy the Net-Centric management dashboard to provide NECC the enterprise capability to implement, report, and manage cost-wise readiness. The successful deployment on the NIPR Net led to the follow-on work of additional functions and expanded deployment to Navy/DoD SIPR Net. The technologies used including ASP.NET/C /HTML/CSS/SQL, web services SOAP , web framework Spring.NET, AJAX .
- Implemented Earned Value Management EVM control account budget/estimate and schedule. Monitored and tracked the project performance by reviewing and analyzing the actual accomplished work assignment and the planned baseline project plan Deltek EVM reporting tools, generated forecast and identified performance trend according to the cost metrics/indicators. Responsible for project initiation, project plans/work breakdown, scope and schedule/milestone setup.
- As part of organizational change/transformation management effort, led analyst team to conduct organizational assessment for Navy's network operations NetOps , provided gap analysis reportto summarize organization data, and recommended/redesigned ITSM processes, metrics/KPIs, and infrastructure requirements for Navy Next-Generation Enterprise Network NGEN to achieve Command and Control C2 /IT governance using DOTMLPF methodology.
- Delivered the NGEN IM/IT tactical transformation plan to communicate benefits and procedures of the complex IT changes single-vendor network operations to multi-vendor network operations to various Naval user groups/ stakeholders to ensure operation continuity during NGEN transition, which led to the follow-on 5M task order.
- Developed the partnership with external ITSM/cloud vendors VMWare, CA, BMC, Axios, HP to build virtual data center operation management capabilities. Conducted market analysis, discussed with each vendor for technical compatibility, negotiated work share, and formed consensus on user scenario. Led the joint effort to coordinate resources and timeline in building the integrated cloud/virtual data center automation case in a multi-vendor setting.
- Presenter of the cloud automation project/business demo at various marketing events USMC industry day, Pink Elephant International conference .
Sr. System Engineer Confidential
- Served as a senior technologist to provide critical advices to CIO and internal customers on IT strategy and methodology. Significantly contributor to define corporate standard waterfall SDLC methodology and COTS/portal implementation, leverage existing information assets, and streamline business processes. A liaison between IT and business departments for product requirements, testing, and production support:
- Upgrade MyProfile application to an enterprise resume management portal C /.NET/AJAX/HTML/CSS/SQL to provide 1,400 users a unified web portal for daily use. Automate recruiting and business process to integrate with different departments HR, Business Development, Finance, and Leadership and applications corporate wide.
- Evaluate and procure ITSM tool BMC Remedy to implement ITIL v2 processes. Interacted with stakeholders and users to define requirements.
- Streamlined document review process for contract department and led the effort in workflow implementation using Team Foundation Server TFS , SharePoint 2007/.NET 3.0 WWF
- Assess business intelligence/enterprise reporting solutions utilizing Microsoft technology SSIS, SSRS and SSAS integrated with MOSS 2007 .
Consultant/Task Lead Confidential
- Managed and implemented many complex distributed systems using Agile/Scrum best practices for various federal clients across civil agencies USDA and DoD agencies DTRA .Reported to senior program manager and provided technical project management for a group of software development professionals.
- As the task lead, responsible for guiding the engineering team in the Enterprise Information System Pilot EITP . Demonstrated a great deal of organizational skill, effective communication and collaborative effort through facilitating and conducting JAD meetings with client, eliciting requirements from the 10-15 stakeholders from sponsor, leadership, operation, and user community, balancing and prioritizing the competing objectives to determine the appropriate services and deliverables.
- Improved the development and testing process through the implementation of a hybrid methodology blending aspects of the SDLC with Scrum/XP practice. Structure from the SDLC in the form of detailed functional requirements and user stories, were incorporated into the development process of XP utilizing small development teams and frequent software builds.
- Design and implement a high-performance web application. Oversaw the design decision and development efforts on enterprise architect using C /VB.NET to meet the customer demands on the product. Applied Design Patterns for a natural next-step extension from the model-view controller MVC architecture to accommodate all of the common management, scalability, fault tolerance, data connectivity, security, auditing, logging, error control, and messaging tasks in one common framework. User Interface: ASP.NET, AJAX/ HTML/CSS/XML Database: Sybase/SQL IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server.
- Manage functional requirements, use cases/test cases or user story with acceptance criteria , through rigorous test-driven development unit test, functional test, system test, regression test, section 508 test to ensure the product quality and functionality throughout the SDLC.
Senior Analyst Confidential
Worked on-site in USDOT to provide IT support to USDOT FOIA and Risk Assessment Program. Lead the effort in project planning, COTS/GOTS evaluation, and system engineering.
System Analyst / Developer Confidential
Rapidly progressed to senior level to lead the system requirements and development effort. Responsible for delivering solutions VB.NET/C to resolve highly complex business problems from scratch, which involved full life cycle/SDLC in Rational Unified Process RUP .Led overall issue resolution and developed web-based marketplace WBM to provide Navy NPRST an accessible job marketplace to migrate from legacy systems and automate distribution proce3ss usingstable-marriage algorithm.
System Analyst Confidential
Identified and developed system requirements for Global Distance Education Network, a J2EE based application using Websphere for the web/application server with EJB back-end tier running on Oracle 9i. Analyzed the Content Management System CMS business process in UML by MS Visio, developed requirements specifications and use cases, and assisted the E-R modeling ERwin and system test. User Interface: Web forms in JSP and Servlet Middleware: WebSphere Database: Oracle 10g IDE: JDeveloper. Framework: Spring and Hibernate
Senior Research Assistant Confidential
Simulated and tested device performance using Matlab software. Participated in the initial proposal, the project planning MS project , team organization/mentoring. Present research findings to sponsors and at IEEE conferences.