As a strong leader with a broad information technology background, I would like to further expand my experiences with data movement, solution architecture and data analytics. I possess a strong desire to continue to face challenges in the Data Warehousing and analytics areas that would benefit from my spirit of innovation and continuous intellectual growth. An ideal position would be with a company that would challenge me to find my true potential and foster personal growth in the process.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Director of Data Services providing leadership and product ownership to multinational teams in support of the creation and delivery of Fitch's bond, equity, insurance, financial and sovereign ratings. Lead the architecture, design, development and implementation of multiple projects that improved Fitch's ability to support top tier client needs.
- Created new products that transformed the data services group from a reactive reporting function to a data provider for internal and external use.
- Consolidated the disparate financial, rating, sovereign, insurance and other indicator data sets into a data structure conducive for rapid extraction and creation of custom, combined data feeds.
- Built up the Data Services team from three to 15 internal and near-shore employees.
- Implemented the use of MongoDB and ETL tools at Fitch Ratings to speed the development and delivery of data services to internal and external clients.
- Improved the use of Oracle OBIEE at Fitch to implement development standards, performance and re-usability
- Program owner of the projects to create a new platform for client data delivery and self-service data feed customization. The new platform included the creation of a Java based front-end, Hadoop, MongoDB database, Talend ETL and Cybermation scheduling tools.
- Senior Manager of the ETL development team and product owner of the TransUnion EDH Enterprise Data Hub , an 8 Terabyte operational data store and 200 Terabyte data warehouse of daily refreshed consumer credit information. Responsible for the design, development and deployment of the EDH with its internal/customer facing data marts, application data feeds, credit data stores and hundreds of data views for reporting/analytics needs. Managed the ETL development team of 9 FTE's, 5-10 on-shore consultants and 5-10 off-shore developers. Accountable for the management of all EDH ETL, analytics, database and hardware vendors. Responsible for the successful design and deployment of numerous projects to create new or enhanced product offerings while maintaining a cost-effective, highly scalable, open systems grid platform.
- Reduced yearly expenditures of mainframe support by over 8 million by re-platforming existing applications to use the EDH and data marts as data repositories
- Created a platform that exceeds the full mainframe capacity by 40 with one-time and recurring maintenance costs of less than 10 of the mainframe
- Implemented the first non-mainframe platforms at TransUnion to start the trend of low cost, scalable open systems computing solutions
- Created and gained acceptance of a BI Roadmap to define the future state and strategy for TransUnion's data analysis, modeling and archiving methods
- Performed proof of concept projects to evaluate Hadoop architectures as a viable platform for Big Data at TransUnion
- Implemented a culture of data governance and data strategy around TranUnion's credit data assets thus building the foundation for future data management initiatives around lineage, metadata management and Data Governance
- Developed a scalable hardware/software/data architecture that has grown from handling 1 billion transactions per day to over 5 billion transactions per day
- Built high performance project teams from sales, product owners, operations, IT, data analytics and marketing personnel to create strong working relationships and deliver forward looking results to enhance or create saleable products.
Senior Consultant providing consulting services and assistance in project management, information systems software design, and development with specific focus on business intelligence, data warehousing, client reporting solutions and business data analysis.
Managed the extract/transform/load ETL project phase of a data warehouse project and logical/physical data modeling efforts for this automobile industry corporation. Worked directly with business users to gather reporting requirements and define analytics needs from the data warehouse. Translated the analytics needs into business requirements and system requirements to help define the data model and Business Objects universe. Utilized SQL Server and DTS to extract from custom databases and Great Plains applications for delivery to the data warehouse. Assisted with the creation of the ODS relational data model and data mart dimensional model required to support daily data loads, KPI rules and Business Objects reporting.
Responsible for managing the data model creation, design, development and implementation of a daily refreshed operational data store and data mart in support of information analytics for the banking industry. Gathered reporting requirements for the incorporation of 33 daily data feeds from sources such as Demand Deposit, Trust, Savings, Mortgage Banking, etc. into a daily single account and single household view of the data. Utilized Informatica ETL tools to transform the data into a data mart for use by analysts and external systems for event detection to trigger attrition reduction techniques. Defined the internal and external reporting needs for a large financial business unit.
- Walgreens Health Initiatives, Deerfield, IL: Implemented the RUP methodology during the project inception and elaboration phases of a multi-million dollar project. Created multiple use cases and the associated use case model diagrams and use case activity diagrams while gathering business requirements.
- RR Donnelley, Downers Grove, IL: Supported the Information Systems department by providing business analysis and project management skills to multiple projects. Managed all project phases of multiple analytics projects to provide previous and future cost analyses to multiple lines of business. Managed customer expectations and project timelines to deliver full solutions analytics and reporting solutions on-time and within budget. Completed source to target mappings and implemented DTS packages in support of ETL applications for a data warehouse. Applied waterfall and RUP project management methodologies for the management of multiple projects.
- Responsible for the project management and product management of several client-server based software releases, enhancement projects and production support at a major telecommunications customer site. Actively managed a staff of 20 developers, support staff, DBA's and operations personnel at the customer site and a team of 20-30 developers in the St. Louis development center.
- Delivered each project on time and within the budget allocated by both client and Amdocs
- Enhanced the Amdocs project methodology and project responsibility structure
- Developed and implemented numerous development lifecycle improvements resulting in a 70 decrease in code defects identified by testing.
- Began the planning and design of a new initiative in the company to build a data warehouse for the media broadcast and advertising industry. Served as a liaison for the IT community and business areas in determining business needs, architecture requirements and business requirements. This project and all new projects were cancelled due to market economic conditions.
- Established communication between the business and IT owners to learn and understand the business processes involved in the advertising industry.
- Created a conceptual model of the spot data, sales data and broadcast log information to be used in conjunction with existing legacy system data feeds.
- Created budget and planning documentation to be used at a future date if the project were re-initiated.