SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Seasoned IT leader with a progressive career into senior roles. Specializing in building and managing high performance teams in Internet technology environments and the successful, agile delivery of high quality, high availability, customer facing systems. Energetic and customer-focused, with extensive international experience and an excellent ability to execute . Consistent track record of initiating action and driving teams towards achieving results. Areas of expertise include:
- Cross Platform Mobile Application Development International eCommerce
- Large Scale System Integration / Migration Project Management / EPMO
- Service Oriented Architecture/ Web Services Software Product Development
- Agile/SCRUM/SAFe Data Mart/Warehouse Construction
- User Interface Design/Usability Design Business Intelligence / Analytics
- Infra/OS: Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Windows, Linux, UNIX
- Software/Tools: Rally, Clarity, Microsoft Project Server 2010, .NET, SharePoint 2010, Visual Studio, Business Objects, Perforce SCM, Cisco Tidal EJS, Crystal Reports, MS Project, StarTeam, TOAD, ERwin, Cognos, Putty, Sun Grid Engine, Pervasive ETL , Citrix, Sitecore, SDL Tridion, Subversion, JIRA, Alterian, First Logic, SCOM, Unicenter Service Management,
- Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Methodologies: Agile/SCRUM/User Stories, SAFe, Lean Six Sigma SIPOC, RACI, CTQ's , UML, Hybrid SDLC's
eCommerce/mCommerce Program Director
- Mobile Led the project to deliver the first mobile version of the ecommerce side of Comcast.com Within 8 months the mobile site is delivering 30 of all online sales.
- Agile Led program and delivery team transition to Agile 6 teams incorporating some aspects of Scaled Agile Framework.
- Daily PMO reporting and responsibilities Daily use of Clarity for executive dashboard reporting, milestone and dependency tracking Rally for agile planning and execution, MSProject program plans, Salesforce for forecasting.
- Comcast.com won CableFax Best Overall Cable Operator Web-Site Award 2014 and 2012
- In 2013, Comcast.com delivered over 2.2 million connects 111 of target , and grew by over 550k connects.
- For December 2013, Comcast.com had over 22M unique visitors to the site, representing a 19 YoY increase and a new record for traffic. Total visits were over 35M an increase of 20 over December 2012.
- 20 of all new sales come from online channel Jan 2014
- Comcast.com won the silver Stevie award in Jan 2014 for online sales team of the year
IT Program Manager
- Led program to improve Merck's current IT environment to enable collaboration with Research and Scientific Partners. Program focused on the following areas: privacy risk assessment, access provisioning, identity management, document and information exchange, collaboration, and network/platform performance.
- Leading the effort to virtualize and externalize Merck applications to clinical research partners through a single Partner Portal. Key project deliverables:
- Infrastructure purchase and build out servers, remote access devices, software to support 100 growth in concurrent users.
- Externalize 25 applications through CITRIX reduced sign-on challenges from 3 to 2.
- Completed training and required to follow Merck's SDLC Daily PMO reporting and responsibilities Daily use of Microsoft Project Server 2010 MSPS , SAP financial modules
General Manager Internet Technologies
- Mobile Application Development: search InternationalSOS on App Store or Android Market
- Reporting to Executive VP of IT of a 1.2B multi-national. Responsible for running the technical side of the Internet business operations for a global company. Led a large team in the design, development and maintenance of high transaction, high availability, customer-facing, online products for the organization
- World's leading provider of medical assistance security services. With over 10,000 employees operating from over 700 sites in 76 countries, International SOS helps organizations manage the health and safety risks facing their travelers, global workforce and customers
- Delivered 4 cross-platform Android, iOS/iPhone releases in 6 months utilizing the Pyxis/Verivo MEAP platform. Targeted user base was external and international. Team consisted of internal developers and Pyxis/Verivo professional services resources.
- Developed solutions to major challenges in delivering a truly global, cross platform mobile application, specifically around testing, GPS, offline mode, data synching, caching and performance. Utilized 3rd party vendors and software, Utopia, uTest, Perfecto Mobile to improve the quality of each delivery
- Working in a highly dynamic environment with rapid change, improved the mission critical systems and operations, supporting a rapidly growing product line 12 products, 28 annual revenue growth.
- Staff size 40 people, 20 Offshore Direct Reports 6 Managers Added 15 team members in 15 months Creation of a DB and Architecture team. International travel to Singapore, London, Prague, Paris, India
- Over 700 customers, 87 of Fortune 500. Regularly supporting 20 in-flight projects at any given time Major, minor product releases, monthly maintenance, technology upgrades, code re-factoring and system re-architecture
- Effectively established budget and managed a monthly rolling P L and capex forecast vs. actuals by project. Managed cost center and capital allocations in excess of 5MM.
- Developed and maintained effective relationships with product managers to understand product strategy and customer needs. Jointly developed a 2-year IT and product delivery roadmap.
- Acted as a consultant to the product management teams concerning the use of technology, capabilities, and risks
- Technology/Process Operations
- Reduced code complexity, improved maintainability and extensibility of software code base
- Planned application infrastructure, staffing and operating policies. Aligned technical processes between maintenance and support teams, shared service infrastructure teams, and vendors
- Ensured technical delivery teams take into account best case security practices coordinated regular external security testing by third parties
- Developed first generation framework of in-house self-service web tools to improve data quality and customer service turnaround times
- Service Quality
- Responsible for 99.9 uptime of websites, web services, data processing/delivery to customers
- Developed a series of KPI's/Metrics that were reviewed each month to measure improvement
- o Responsible for measuring and improving PARC Performance, Availability, Reliability and Capacity Planning. Utilized Neustar Webmetrics and SCOM for application health monitoring and alerting
- Developed processes to continuously improve service quality and productivity in software development and support. Outages were tracked, solutions put in place and outages measurably reduced
- Developed and effectively implemented a problem management process and stabilization roadmap Well versed in ITIL terminology and processes
- Responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and execution
- Implemented a more rigorous program and project management discipline and methodologies, mitigating key risks around people, schedule, and budgets, and ensuring total transparency to stakeholders
- SDLC/Process Implemented separate QA team which reduced the UAT defect rate 50 drove the adoption of agile development and scrum project management methodology
- Implemented a successful model for managing development vs maintenance and support activities within the same resource pool. Improved team morale reducing attrition 50 .
- Vendor Management
- Led the selection and integration of a new off shore vendor to replace the existing 6 year incumbent. Improved service delivery levels and software quality
- Engaged and manage external and internal service providers. Established SLAs and OLAs regarding availability and turnaround times for customer related issues
- Vendor List: Rackspace, French Telecom, Hexaware, Verivo/Pyxis, Perfecto Mobile, Utopia, Varolii, MIR3,
IT Program Manager Web Channel
- Engaged with VP and Director level resources to drive Merck's Global Web Marketing vision into reality. Coordinated with business and IT delivery services teams to prepare the organization for the implementation of a standard web development platform and web content management system. Focus areas Enterprise Web Governance, Information Architecture, Meta-data Taxonomy, Usability, Social Networking, User Generated Content.
- Multi-year, multi-phase program encompassing Merck's portfolio of 500 websites physician / consumer portals, products/disease, corporate , 70 countries, 7 platforms, 15 languages, 15 key stakeholder areas, 50 products.
- Reduced total cost and deployment cycle times for website launch and maintenance by 50
- Reduced cost and complexity of content localization and translation by 100 .
- Provided business resources the ability to make minor/simple content changes
- Standard website delivery process Developed a common, lean, more responsive, global framework for launching and maintaining Internet websites through modular capabilities and adaptable reference sites.
- Web Operations and Governance global standards/guidelines for managing Merck websites
- Site Migration Strategy developed a value capture-oriented plan for migrating all sites to the new, single platform.
- Managed the proof of concept POC phase used to deliver 6 early adopter web sites onto the new platform.
- Developed a two year delivery roadmap, integrating the business capabilities plan with the architecture roadmap for core, foundational services
- Drove the global requirements to support standardization of foundational services for all web properties registration, authentication, personalization, widgets, search, metrics/reporting, SEO, content authoring model
- Personally developed the first consolidated website inventory database for the Human Health division, a consolidated repository of support metrics across the portfolio and a Risk Matrix for the Site Migration Plan.
- Program/Project Management funding estimates and approvals, status, progress/issue reporting, action item and risk management, change control, project schedule development, requirements gathering and analysis
Director, Application Development
Lead an organization of technical managers, architects, analysts and developers in the development of database-driven, web-based solutions for large direct marketing clients AIG, Novartis, American Express, US Army and Ameriquest Mortgage. Led the design, construction and implementation of various systems Relationship Marketing, Lead/Response Management, Workflow Management and Fulfillment.
- Web Services Led the design and implementation of .NET based web services to capture leads for a client's multi-channel marketing efforts. Increased quality of leads by 115 and reduced processing costs by 500K/year
- Core Module Development Led the development, use and growth of reusable, core software assets/modules, which reduced new client implementation from 9 months to 3 months.
- Data warehouse Led the technical design to build a consolidated view of all recruiting efforts and responders. Solely responsible for the planning, design and implementation of the client's first data warehouse.
- Offshore Outsourcing Effectively planned, coordinated and executed the transition of 80 of core technical operations and application development responsibilities to an offshore vendor.
- Automation/Process Improvement
- Defined application development standards and selected the strategic technologies and tools that defined the standard footprint deployed for all new and existing client systems.
- Led the optimization and consolidation of hardware assets and associated s/w applications reducing IT support and developer maintenance costs by 225
- Implemented automated job execution tools, which improved quality by reducing data processing errors 130 and reduced operating costs 150K/yr.
- Developed pricing models, led procurement of software and hardware, management of vendors, participation in RFP's, client visits and presentations.
Manager, Database Development
- Manager of 40 direct reports, promoted to Director within 12 months restructured team to 7 direct reports
- Led the technical team in the planning, design and execution of a application migration from the mainframe onto Windows/Linux platforms, saving the division 1.7 MM/year.
- Provided general managerial functions for entire technical team, including budgeting, hiring, coaching and mentoring.
eBusiness Project Manager
- International e-commerce Led highly visible, strategic project to develop a web platform to sell health insurance. Site featured online application and quotation, credit card payments and a web-based, secure customer self-service center. Solution employed a 3-tiered architecture using web services and XML. Delivered 4 releases in 12 months
- Customer Service Desktop Implemented e.piphany's call center product as part of a Global Service Strategy. Project included installation and configuration of the platform, integration of back end data stores and developing customized components within the vendor framework. First phase supported 100 users in 2 service centers US/ UK .
- eBusiness Part of team tasked with developing global application development standards and defining the strategic technologies and tools for all local county operations.
Senior Project Manager/Technical Lead
- Technical project manager in an organization specializing in on-line marketing products. Managed, or actively participating in, all aspects of the software development lifecycle including delivery of documentation artifacts
- Managed the design, development, implementation and operation of a Targeted Banner Advertising system. Initial version released in 5 months. Launched 2 additional releases, including a broad re-architecture, within next 6 months
- Led the launch of an e-mail campaign management and delivery system which delivered 140 of its targeted revenue. Application featured a web selection interface against a very large email database, list extraction and campaign fulfillment services, and a secure campaign response reporting site for customers. Four major releases delivered in 10 months including architecture redesign to improve throughput from 500K emails/day to 7MM/day.
Business Systems Director
- Director in the systems area of a Direct Marketing company specializing in custom database development, and hosting, system integration and direct mail systems for external clients
- Successfully led the development and operations of a CRM data warehouse for a 24 billion communications company. Data warehouse profile: multidimensional design, 200 million records, over a terabyte of data, 68 remote users. Project team consisted of 9 members with various disciplines: Oracle DBA, Unix Admin and Oracle Developers.