Interested in various technical jobs such as Sr. DBA/Data Architect or IT Manager.
Information technology professional with over 23 years of IT and Engineering experience. As a professional DBA and Developer, I have worked for many well respected firms including General Motors, American Express, IBM, and others. I have been hired as a DB2 consultant by IBM on six DB2 projects. Author of technical ebook 'Introduction to DB2 UDB Client/Server' copyright John Kesh.
DB2 UDB 9.7, IMS DB/DC, UDB ESE Database 9.1, VSAM, XPEDITER, VM/CMS, VMS, File-aid, SDF II, Focus, BTS, QMF, MQ Series, BMS, Clist, REXX, RDO, LU6.2, BMC Tools, FrontPage, PowerDesigner, Bachman, MetaData model, Star-Schema Model, Cube Model, Snow-Flake Model, Fact Table, ETL Process, Inmon Methods, Kimball Methods, Referential Integrity Model, ERWin, SPUFI, SQL EXPLAIN, JDBC, Xpediter, Knowledgecraft, ODBC, DB2 Connect, IDCAMS, Oracle 9i, UDB 8.2, UDB 9.0, Changeman, CA-7, CA-AllFusion, CA-11, JCL, ERStudio, MySQL , UML, RUP, Quest
DB2/SQL, UDB, COBOL, COBOL II, COBOL/400, PL/1, Fortran, C, AIX script, Unix script, Korn shell, LISP, Prolog, Visual Basic, HTML, CICS, SQL, JCL, CL, Java, Java Script, VB Script, IMS DB/DC, CSP, Microfocus Cobol, SDF II, OPS5/OPS83, BMS, MFS, CLIST, DDL, REXX, UDB Stored Procedures
- Responsible for coordinating USA Front office and India Back office operations to provide 24X7 DBA
- Services for a multi-national company. Project scheduling and project reporting for several projects.
- Applications project lead for health care system development. Leadership and mentoring of junior level
- DBA and junior level programmer/analysts.
Sr. DBA/Management Consultant
- Subject matter expert for DB2 UDB LUW, Oracle, SQL Server, SAP, and Sybase RDBMS.
- Develop korn shell and perl shell scripts for banking/credit union financial applications.
- Creation of new database backup and restore strategy for a large UDB LINUX financial system. Provide IT management consulting, risk management, leadership consulting for special projects.
- Create Q-replication systems and HADR recovery parameters.
- Korn shell script writing for AIX and LINUX UDB LUW database infrastructure systems.
- TSM Tivoli Storage Manager disk backup and TSM database archival methods. Perl Scripting.
- Performance tuning for a large DB2 LUW/AIX data warehouse system. Evaluation of swap memory,
- System cache, real memory, DB2 configuration parameters, registry variables and other parameters.
- Performed LUW UDB work on version 9.7 and AIX 6.1, Linux, Windows, and Solaris.
- Assisted in the development of a PureScale DB2 application and OPM Optum Performance Manager.
- Created a DB2 Q replication system for bi-directional q replication between two LPARS.
- Created MQ Queues, subscriptions, and Q rep tasks for a large financial application.
- Created Capture and apply started tasks for a db2 q replication system. Created DB2 databases
- including STOGROUPS, TABLESPACES, TABLES, INDEXES, JCL streams, LOAD, UNLOAD,
- IMAGE COPY, RECOVER, and other items for a large Financial application.
- Performance Tuning for a large financial broker data warehouse with DB2 UDB LUW.
- Perform maintenance on 8 node PDF UDB DB2 LUW AIX system. Eight Logical and physical nodes.
- Performed data migration and data replication using DB2LOOK and DB2MOVE utilities.
- Installed fix packs/patches for UDB LUW version 8 upgrades. Installed UDB thin-client configuration.
- Performance tuning for deadlock/lock wait issues for a large UDB WINDOWS system.
- Created Codd data models in 3rd normal form using normalization methods.
Environment: IBM UDB DB2 LUW, PC, AIX, Windows, SQL, UDB DDL, Solaris Server, UDB Run-Time Client, IBM mainframe, JCL, Cobol, Platinum tool kit, VSAM, JCL, Z/OS, Erwin, DB2TOP, DB2 Connect
- Created a b-directional Q replication system for data transfer between two lpars
- For a Z/OS DB2 system.
- Created DB2 databases for a VSAM to DB2 conversion project using IBM VT Tool.
- Performed data migration for data transfer between a two lpar system.
- Resolved various issues for a DB2 application developer group.
- Creation of project plans and estimates for milestone delivery.
- Trained staff in the IBM Q replication technology and its applications.
- Development of AIX SQL scripts for banking financial applications.
- Used the Import, Export, and Load utilities.
- Executed the DB2 unload utility.
- Created AIX Korn shell scripts for running SQL scripts and migrating data with the NDM utility
- Created temporary work tables for data migration
- Installation of DB2 UDB version 8.1 run-time client. Utilized stored procedures and DB2 Connect. Data migration from UDB to Oracle 9i.
- Environment: IBM pSeries Server, DB2 UDB, UDB EEE Database 8.1, SQLJ, AIX, Windows XP, DB2 Connect, UDB 8.2, Oracle 9i
- Provided production support for a mainframe data warehouse accounting system.
- Performed load and unload operation for a DB2 DoD accounting system.
- Resolved copy pending problems for a DoD DB2 database.
- Use of Start Force commands. Resolved production problems for a DoD accounting database.
- Instructed other team members on the fundamentals of the AIX operating system
- Performed runstats and reorg on DB2 objects.
- Used the QMF query tool for data manipulation.
- Solved problems in Cobol II programs.
- Environment: IBM Z/OS, IBM PC, AIX, Windows, IBM Mainframe, QMF COBOL II, SQL, Abend-Aid, JCL, File-Aid, SPUFI, DB2 Utilities, JCL
- Performed production problem solving on DB2 UDB 7 and IMS system for large automotive engineering parts release system
- Solved various production problems for a large DB2/IMS/COBOL database system using the Xpediter debugging system
- Provided physical DB2 database analysis and DB2 database modifications
- Conducted performance tuning and SQL EXPLAIN statement
- Handled various on-line IMS MFS-related problems
- Instituted new data definitions for system enhancements
- Environment: IBM OS/390, SQL, JCL, IMS, SPUFI, COBOL, Xpediter
Commendations and Testing
- Letter of Excellence from EDS Corporation
- Letter of Excellence from Department of Defense, US Government
- Scored top 10 on Prove-IT DB2 DBA test, 02/2001