I.T. Director - Project Manager - Consultant
- Service, Support, Projects, Development, Operations, Infrastructure with Customer-Centric, Quality-Focused Approach.
- Senior Director of Information Technologies offering twenty years of expertise in defining global technology architecture, developing software solutions, and implementing high-available infrastructure supporting multiple business disciplines and technology strategies. Business-oriented leader progressively gaining extensive knowledge by leveraging both current and emerging technologies in diverse industries of retail, sales, automotive, manufacturing, packaging, electronics, hardware, software, engineering, and security.
I.T. Strategy Execution developed and executed enterprise I.T. strategies, defined I.T. solutions to support corporate objectives, and implemented cost-effective and scalable technology that supported business growth.
Global I.T. Systems Operations architected, deployed, and secured global enterprise I.T. infrastructures and operations. Championed business strategies and I.T. projects while managing culturally diverse local and remote teams.
Vendor Sourcing, Negotiation, Relations fostered strong relationships with vendors and negotiated contracts to reduce costs, improve SLA's and support, and provide adequate services to meet strategic goals.
Leadership Talent Development attracted and mentored top I.T. talent, inspired excellence, increased quality of customer facing support, and motivated cross-functional teams based on performance and innovation.
Areas of Expertise
- I.T. Transformation Improvement Business Strategy Execution Global I.T. Strategy Implementation
- Data Center Operations Support Policies, Governance, Controls Project, Change, Risk Management
- Business Intelligence Analysis Mergers Systems Integration Business Continuity Recovery
- Forecasts, Budgets, Cost Control Vendor Contract Negotiations Leadership Talent Management
Professional Experience and Accomplishments
- Responsible for an international multi-site network infrastructure including the daily operations of network engineering, administration, support, ERP/CRM/MRP systems, and Data Center management. Provide strategic leadership and project management for local, contract, and offshore staff of network admins, programmers, order entry, and support for multiple companies.
- Analyze current systems, future requirements, and develop plans for virtualization, transformation, and migration of outdated systems to a new Data Center and to cloud services. Manage the development of applications, mobile apps, databases, and BI tools in support of sales, manufacturing, and logistics to align with current business objectives and implement best practices.
- Management of network operations for multiple Data Centers, 110 sites, 7000 employees, 5500 workstations, and a local and remote staff of 20 engineers, project managers, and support. Responsible for I.T. strategies, infrastructure transformation, hardware and software support, and technical project management. Accountable for 3.6M operating expense and 10.8M capital budget.
- Responsible for end-to-end technology initiatives, daily operations, support, maintenance, and administration of network infrastructure including Data Centers, LAN, WAN, WLAN, telecommunications, Mobile Device Management, MPLS data circuits, PRI voice circuits, Cisco IP Phone system, public and private cloud applications, and network security.
- Consolidated key vendors and renegotiated contracts for cost, SLA's, and compliance, realizing an on-going annual savings of over 2.3 million Data Center savings of 640k Hardware/software savings of 380k Data Voice circuit redundancy savings of 290k Microsoft Enterprise Agreement savings of 570k Network/IPT savings of 435k. Improvements provided an increased uptime of network infrastructure, required less support, and increased efficiencies, saving millions in lost sales to retail units.
- Championed technology adoption and transformation through continuous process improvements lead organizational and policy changes provided clinical data analytics developed Key Performance Indicators redefined support SLA's advised executive teams and board of directors and guided Program, Project, and Portfolio Management, all through utilizing ITIL and PMBOK best practices.
- Created and implemented best practice policies to comply with PCI DSS standards SOX auditing controls disaster recovery and business continuity e-discovery and data-loss data back-ups and retention and project, change, and risk management. Accountable for vendor relationships, contract negotiations, and due diligence of network infrastructure for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Portfolio and project management migration of multiple email systems to Microsoft Office365 re-architecture of LAN and WAN Data Center consolidation and migration site level network refresh, installation of centralized Cisco IP Phone system, Unified Communications, and corporate and guest wireless enhance ERP, Business Intelligence, and data monetization Mobile Device Management Strategy implemented additional network security best practices to reduce vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for Data Center operations, 17 sites, network engineering, security, and project management staff of 10. Hired to evaluate personnel, review procedures, assess risks, turn around productivity, encourage team-building, and get projects back on track.
- Managed daily operations of network engineering, network administration, and Data Center management operations. Managed multiple technical projects including virtualization of servers SAN upgrade and data migration implementation of Cisco IP phone system new site network design and build.
- Responsible for operations of two Data Centers, 55 sites, 300 servers, 3000 workstations, storage, data/voice networks, security, and managing vendors, outsourced contractors, and a technical staff of 30. Accountable for annual budget of 10.0 million.
- Led day-to-day operations of network engineering, administration, support, and Data Center management operations. Provide I.T. leadership, project management, relationship partnering, budget planning, and strategic and tactical technology direction.
- Developed strategic technical and budgetary project plans to modernize outdated systems and begin the convergence and virtualization of the enterprise network infrastructure, Data Centers, and business systems in alignment with business objectives. Fostered collaboration to build stronger relationships within the I.S. department, with heads of the business units, and end users.
- Managed several hardware and software projects including migration of multiple email systems to Gmail virtualization and consolidation of Data Center systems and applications upgrades to existing Oracle Financial modules and a consolidation of disparate business units' general ledgers and other financial data to facilitate better SOX controls and reporting methods.
- Through the careful evaluation of the client's network and business methodologies, provide consulting and recommendation of proposed requirements, upgrades and enhancement to the client's current business processes and network providing technical solutions for future growth. Developed and managed I.T. projects for the client's network infrastructure by utilizing project management methodologies and including hands-on configuration, maintenance, and implementation as required.
- Technical abilities balanced with strong business acumen and the use of best practice methodologies assured cost effective and realistic solutions planning for business continuity, disaster recovery, procedures and policies, capacity, standardization, security, customer support, and contract negotiations for vendors, SLA's, and outsourced service providers.
- Responsible for a global services department providing custom software development to expand business through functional enhancements and integration. Managed multi-cultural and diverse project teams of 100 personal including customers, analysts, developers, and engineers. Accountable for project sales and delivery of 5.0 million annual revenue.
- Managed projects of various complexity, duration, and cost for ERP, MIS, BPM, PLM, MRP, B2B, and CRM implementation and integration projects consisting of SAP, JDE, Oracle Financials, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, and proprietary systems, enabling interoperability of data and collaboration between the company's core applications and a customer's business systems.
- Adhered to established project methodologies, standards, and procedures while supervising the completion of all milestones, change management, and risk mitigation. Improved efficiency, productivity, and profitability through process improvement and successfully delivering quality projects on-time and on budget while maintaining a profit margin of 20 by creating attainable project objectives.
- Acted as the primary contact between the key stakeholders and the project team, while traveling extensively locally and internationally to customer's sites to initiate and deliver projects, and to the Bangalore Development Center to architect, plan, and monitor resources pertaining to full lifecycle development of new and on-going projects.
- Responsible for managing the network and telecommunications infrastructure, personnel of 25 for I.T., Development, Support, Training, QA, Sales, and Marketing planned daily operations and budgets hired and disciplined employees performed evaluations and enforced policies. Accountable for annual budget of 8.2 million.
- Presented business strategies, budgets, and resource requirements to Advisory Board, partners, and investors to obtain capital. Administered company's intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights, patents, venture capital term sheets, IPO regulations, SOX compliance, and investor/partner agreements.
- Managed technical, marketing, and sales projects including network architecture, security, and storage SQL RDBMS .NET portals, intranet, and website Microsoft SharePoint NetSuite CRM/ERP and several tradeshows a year.
- Experience in documenting RFP's and negotiating service contracts for software licensing, training, internet/telecom provisions, outsourced/unionized labor, and procurement/purchasing/leasing with major vendors. Audited and complied with all licensing, software assurance, and SLA's.
- Responsible for a 24x7 technical staff of 20 members providing network services for the production, inventory, and logistics systems by maintaining network infrastructure, including all network related production equipment and robotic machinery. Accountable for an annual budget of 15.5 million.
- Architected and implemented a plant wide LAN/WAN including 100 servers, 700 workstations that supported 400 employees and 70 production lines. Managed a 10 million enterprise-wide project including defining, developing, testing, training, and successfully implementing a paperless drawing/program delivery/version control/ system making a global impact for five plants in three countries.
- Traveled internationally for training in best practice methodologies, Six Sigma, Kaizen, JIT, ISO, information systems, programming, and production plant layout for expanding operations, production, and facilities, to pass stringent quality assurance audits.
PMP, ITIL, SSBB, MCSE, Microsoft through Windows 8 Server 2012, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, IPsec, FTP, MPLS, PRI, SIP, SCCM, SCOM, Unix, Linux, AS/400, MS Office, Project, Visio, SharePoint, SQL, Crystal Reports, IIS, Apache, Exchange, Office365, Gmail, Lotus Notes, Oracle, Backup, Antivirus, Imaging, Visual Studio, C , C , .NET, SOA, ActiveX, Java, Perl, PHP, SAP, JDE, Oracle E-Business, Dynamics, Sage, NetSuite, PeopleSoft, MS CRM, Salesforce, Act , Cisco IOS, routers, firewalls, switches, HP, Dell, IBM, Data Centers, servers, workstations, laptops, tablets, smartphones, BYOD, MDM, SAN, NAS, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMWare, Hyper-V, WAN, LAN, WLAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, VOIP, UC, PBX, QOS, IDS/IPS, DLP, security, etc.