- Performed Project Management PM functions which includes project plan, execute, control and close out project against defined scope and budget while utilizing Project Management Institute PMI principles and the utilization of Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL and Scrum methodologies. Additionally performs the development, prioritizing of enterprise driven IT objectives, and the documentation Risks, Assumptions, and Issues and Decisions Log RAIL .
- Create and sustain effective relationships when managing direct and Matrix Management of a team while maintaining a Service Level Agreement SLA Matrix of 99.99 level of reliability. Duties include IT budgets management, development and IT standards procedures documentation, vendor management, personnel reviews, training of personnel, and motivational guidance.
- Ensure the proposal, execution, control, deployment, training / hand off, warranty support, and closure while meeting all project / program business partner. Manage and approve timelines and standards while working independently with collaborating effectively with business heads to establish and execute on project requirements.
- Over 24 years' experience managing the designing deployment of Operating System OS upgrade and patch management of VMware ESX Hosts, in a VMware High Availability HA capacity. The management of the design, deployment, OS upgrade and patch management of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 running Exchange, SQL, VDI, Office, ImageRight, Freedom, Omni, faxing solutions, DHCP DNS on physical and virtual servers enabling the ability to deliver applications to the user community.
- Managed the designed and the implementation of a network backup strategies and deployed Disaster Recovery DR and Business Continuity BCP Process. The DR / BCP design utilizes Border Gateway Protocol BGP solutions over Cisco Routers and a HA cluster, running Microsoft servers and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI , on replicating Storage Area Network SAN solutions.
- Technical experience consists of the management of an enterprise data center and of the design, the installation, maintenance, modification, and security of a Microsoft and Novell networks. Utilize LDAP X.500 over a LAN, MAN, WAN Wi-Fi, employing Cisco Routers managed network switches. The installation and management of Replicating and Non Replication Storage Area Networks SAN , as well as the development and deployment of a VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI .
Network Operating Systems:
| || |
Microsoft Windows Desktop 7 8
VMware 3.x, 4.x 5.x
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 2012
| || |
Cisco UCS, IBM HP Server
HP Network printers
Lenovo, HP, ASUS Desktop Laptop
Hardware Spyware Virus protection
Virtual USB devices
| || |
Microsoft Office Suite 2013
Software Spyware Virus protection
Veeam Backup and Replicator
Full Time Work History:
Accountable for all aspect of the project which included budgeting, reporting, documentation, time lines management. Performed PM and functional analysis opportunity for the Virtual Application Stack VAS solution which involves the development, implementation, and support cycle in Optum technology group. Consulted with users to evaluate business requirements, identify operational procedures, evaluate systems solution, and prepare detailed specifications following Software Delivery Life Cycle SDLC utilizing Scrum methodologies from which applications can be on boarded to utilize internal Software as a Solution SaaS cloud based solution. Primary responsibilities included lead requirements gathering, service-oriented modeling, analysis and design activities, develop detailed design specifications documentation, and Data Warehouse analysis for creation of reports. Developed detailed source-to-target data mapping, utilize and create synergy with Optum enterprise service models for delivering of the VAS solution. Act as the liaison between Business units and Optum technology teams and managed stakeholder expectations. Managed inbound and outbound project dependencies, Document RAIL logs. Present and evaluate design solutions, facilitate conflict resolution with a defining communicate design patterns and best practices. Develop strategies to improve service development life cycle and governance processes, plan and manage assignments of varying scope. Serve as a resource to senior leadership by developing pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends.
Performed architecture, managed and supported all IT functions within a mid-size company. Acted as a PM by guiding the direction of a team and using SDLC guidelines for the design, installation and support of VMware ESX Hosts in a HA Cluster presenting an application solution running DHCP, DNS, VDI, Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Office, Omni, ImageRight, on Microsoft Windows servers. Managed the architectural design deployment of a companywide DR and BCP solution in all areas including Core Network, SAN Storage solution, and Backup and Data Retention utilizing BGP network failover utilizing MX Logic solution for spam / virus prevention and e-mail continuity, Network Uninterruptible Power Supply UPS , and logical unit number LUN and server to server SAN based replication. Managed the installation of enterprise applications, and create summery reports for senior management. Design and manage the deployment of a Telephony Infrastructure hosted PBX VOIP and a network based faxing solution. Designed and managed the deployment of VMware VDI Windows Servers and desktop images running Windows Operating System OS on laptops, desktops and zero VDI clients and the integration of Apple I-Pads, I-Phones. The management and guidance of end user issues resolutions. Estimation and planning, risk assessment, contingency planning, tracking, management of progress, issues, budget, risk, resources and reporting. Had direct and matrix management of technical personnel. Performed Status reporting to senior management, procurement of computer equipment, budget and vendor management, and the development and deployment of network strategies allowing further enhancements of existing network.
Provided executive leadership and guidance for the development and growth of a New York State licensed computer training school and computer service consultant agency. Developed coursework based on New York State educational standards. Developed educational solution of various small and mid-size companies and worked with various governmental agencies to provide structured training courses to help retrain displaced employees. Provided self-help courseware to help prepare for taking certification tests. Additionally, managed a team of system engineers and projects utilizing the PMI processes to allow for the tracking, control and reporting of on-going IT initiatives. Offered guidance and demonstrated problem solving skills to enhance, secure, and stabilize the operations and reliability of existing customers networks Developed and tracked the software implementation hardware software life-cycle. Implemented Wi-Fi solutions over a LAN, MAN environment. Designed and deployed virtual services utilizing VMware Hosts in a managed Novell and Microsoft Windows network server environment. Installed new computer network configurations, documentation of existing computer network environments, and procurement management of computer equipment and technical resources. Wrote marketing plans, proposals, negotiated new service level agreements, and investigated new computer strategies and provided documentation and proof of operation for the DR BCP processes for customers. Projects included the deployment of computer services, hardware and software across the US and globally. Additional functions included budget forecasting and personnel management, development of motivational methods to assure peak performance of personnel.
Confidential Network Project Manager
Provided leadership and guidance for the development and support of a multi-heterogeneous network environment. Offered daily direction to a team of system engineers, managed projects, monitored and maintained network operations, software and hardware deployment, DR BCP processes, and network security monitoring. Functional tasks included IT budget allocation, the development, documentation and monitoring of IT standards procedures. Projects included relocation of Data Centers, Operating System upgrades of network servers, and the deployment of new network infrastructure, vender management, and the distribution of workstations. Presented to committees on current status of projects, and the daily and weekly status reporting to senior management. Additional duties included the management and daily monitoring and repair of Novell and Microsoft Windows network server environment for the use of file print services, GroupWise, ZENworks, and SQL services. Managed personnel, planned and implemented a DR plan, and created new backup strategies. Responsible for the procurement of computer equipment and development of new network strategies allowing further stabilization and enhancements of current network configuration.
Confidential Regional Service Project Manager
Coordinated all of the IT activities including production systems support, Business Analysis, and Project Management for the support of the hardware and software of a multi-heterogeneous network environment. Supervised Network Engineers and desktop personnel in two data centers for different network integration projects and end user support issues. Managed Projects for the Y2K efforts, OS upgrades of network servers, Data Center consolidation. Implemented software services across the US, managed vendor relationships, updated workstation Operating Systems and performed hardware upgrades. Duties included monitoring and maintenance of Novell NT servers, to allow for the use of Exchange, ISA, DHCP, DNS, WINS, and software deployment using SMS. Provided effective communications through Project Management and Change Management procedures through implementation of DR / BRP processes. Planned and delivered Windows Active Directory AD , Exchange, Novell 6 network configuration, the planning of a SAN deployment, LAN and WAN conductivity using Cisco Routers and Switches. Coordinated and tracked WAM/MAN circuits, management of IT budget forecasting future IT needs, documentation standards procedures and personnel reviews.
Confidential IT Manager
Developed and managed the company data center, which supported all hardware, software, and company networks. Managed data center consolidation. Developed and govern the IT budget. Managed projects and supervised System Engineers SE for NT 3.51 4.0 and Novell 3.1x 4.x server installation, maintenance, and upgrades. Duties involved management of System Administration, Network Operating Systems, System performance analysis, Virus removal, Enterprise backup, planning and implementation of a DR / BRP, Server hardware upgrades, LAN and WAN conductivity using Cisco Routers and Enterasys hubs, and the management all aspects of the data center, and third level support.