- Over 30 years experience as an IT professional in the roles of Business Analyst, Project Manager, QA Analyst/Manager, Requirements Engineer, Programmer/Developer, and System/User Acceptance Test Manager.
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders internal and external , Subject Matter Experts and IT development to revie system design and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance.
- Managed software applications for NYC and NYS Corporation Taxes from concept to fully operational status utilizing Project Management and Six Sigma tools following DMAIC process.
- Provided Project Management for applications at IBM, Bank of America and NYS experience with PMBOK and NYS PM Guidebook.
- Goal-oriented with strong leadership and team building capabilities.
- Superior analytical and root cause problem resolution skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Executives, Managers, Stakeholders and Peers.
- Quickly recognized as a Subject Matter Expert SME by team members and senior management on assigned projects.
Project Coordination and User Acceptance Test
- Over 18 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Continuous Process Improvements and User Acceptance Test with emphasis on all phases of the SDLC.
- Conducted business analysis and documented existing processes, practices and policies, via use cases, to create a baseline for legacy systems to assist in the requirements gathering and SDLC of proposed applications.
- Recommended and implemented process improvements, to eliminate non value add steps in NYC business tax application resulted in a savings in excess of 650,000 annually.
- Developed Service Level Agreements with IT departments to minimize overtime by 50 and increase revenue by 75,000.
- Developed Business Case with Justification and received Budget Office approval for additional funding and resources for NYC and NYS applications.
- Successfully planned, tested and implemented ne web based applications for NYC Department of Finance and NYS Agency Workers Compensation Board.
- Developed and maintained a traceability matrix BRD for requirements to design specification to test cases to insure all requirements were incorporated in design, met user's requirements and were successfully tested created design specs and appropriate test plans.
- Approver on Change Management Committee for software updates before allowing migration to production.
- Conducted post implementation project assessments to document best practices, implemented lessons learned and identify areas for process improvements.
- Directed hiring, career development and retention of staff full time and contractors/consultants.
- Trained, coached and evaluated staff. Cross trained associates to provide redundancy and career growth.
- Participated with staff and senior management to define and develop career goals.
- Coached Six Sigma Process for process improvement.
- Business Continuity Coordinator for Kingston site performed yearly reviews between Kingston and Menands.
- Successfully managed and implemented ne projects for IRS, NYS and NYC, on time and within budget
- PC skills including use of Internet and Microsoft Office Suite Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, NetMeeting and MS Project. Cisco's WebEx.
- Project Management Tools - PMBOK and NYS PM Guidebook
- Image Scanners IBML, Kodak and HP
- Merant PVCS Suite for Configuration Management Version Manager, Configuration Builder and Tracker
- Databases SQL queries, PowerBuilder, Informix, Versant, Oracle
- Application software Java, VB.Net and Oracle
- Reports RPG, Crystal and ePortfolio
- Operating Systems Windows, UNIX, MVS, ANYUK
- SDLC, Use Cases, JAD, DMAIC and Software Testing Techniques
- Segue Automated Testing Suite
Professional Employment History
Senior Project Manager
- Project Manager of the business process re-engineering team responsible for performing the analysis of the unemployment insurance UI system's policies, procedures and processes to recommend improvements to reduce improper overpayments related to separation issues.
- Defined the Mission, Objectives and Goals, and Project Plan to establish boundaries and schedules to meet US DOL requirements for completion of this Project.
- Scheduled required meetings with Subject Matter Experts SME's to understand the UI process, documented the meetings and had the information reviewed by the SME's for accuracy and completeness.
- Delegated assignments as appropriate and monitored progress to insure project remained on schedule.
- Managed scope and issues for adherence to defined objectives and goals to control project creep.
- Reported weekly status defining tasks completed, tasks being worked on and issues needing to be addressed and resolved so Project can move forward.
- Created white paper defining the methodology used for this project so it could be used for future DOL projects.
- Created Project Report as required by US DOL which documented analysis of UI, recommendations proposed and quantitative analysis for each recommendation.
- System Implementation Analyst assigned to 14 NYS Agencies to assist with implementation requirements, application testing and documenting Action Items required to meet cutover of Financial System.
- Developed the support plan and estimate required for NYS SFS Operations Support. Presented the document to Managers of Operations Support and received approval to move forward with Plan.
- Member of Operations Support Team developing policies and procedures required to support Agencies using SFS including requirements for a web based application to be used by NYS Agencies and vendors.
- Provided System Implementation support for Operations to create accounts and access levels for members of all NYS Agencies migrating to SFS.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Assigned to implementation of Medical Treatment Guidelines.
- Developed the Project Plan, using MS Project, and coordinated all tasks required for External Communication to Providers and Carriers.
- Utilized PowerBuilder to create specific data files for preparing and distribution of information to Health Care Providers for MTG.
- Gathered requirements, using brainstorming and interviewing tools, for updates to WCB website for MTG prepared and monitored Project Plan for development and implementation. Volunteered for testing of changes to insure requirements were implemented as defined using Business Requirements Document.
- Using IC-2, and OFT eLearning databases to create files for electronic communications with Board stakeholders.
- Defined data elements to be added to IC-2 to collect additional information required from carriers.
- Analyzed CIS, IC-2 and FMIS for commonality of data among all systems to assist in creating an Enterprise database.
- Worked with Help Desk to allo group email accounts be shared among SOE and PIO for communications to required stakeholders.
- Coordinated updating of PCs for both departments and documenting procedure to be used for processing.
- Coordinated meetings with WCB and State Insurance to allo CE credits to be given to Insurance Agents and Brokers for Board training.
- Prepared course description for approval by Insurance department.
- Documented requirements for Insurance Carriers to become licensed to write Workers' Comp and Disability Benefits Insurance in NYS. Create design spec for programmer to update WCB website.
- Analyzed business flows for Carriers using WCB website to identify and documented changes to system requirements to incorporate best practices and eliminate non value-added steps.
- Preformed unit and regression testing
Project Manager/Business Analyst for assigned districts.
- Developed the Project Plans and coordinated all tasks required to implement the electronic Time and Attendance application.
- Held bi-weekly status meetings to monitor progress against plans and communicate status to Central Office Project Manager, CO User Group and Information Management Solutions.
- Led a Core Implementation Team of 6 members representing SME's from Human Resources, Payroll, IS, Staff Development, Direct Care and Training.
- Analyzed business flows for each District to identify and documented changes to system requirements to incorporate best practices and eliminate non value-added steps. Presented to Site Director for approval before implementing.
- Coordinated and participated in testing required for changes due to reported problems, performance/load testing and system upgrade testing.
- Developed Use Cases for ne procedures and processes, incorporating best practices for TIMES and PayServ.
- Coordinated and facilitated the training and implementation of the ne procedures.
- Coordinated and participated in pilot training sessions with Central Office trainers to modify class curriculum to benefit the Districts, incorporate lessons learned and best practices.
- Coordinated development of Quick Reference Guides, Step-by-step Documentation and Computer Based Training for Train- the-Trainer TTT .
- Coordinated the training schedule for each District, with Lead Trainer, to insure training was completed within schedule allotted.
User Acceptance Test Analyst and Manager
- Business Analyst responsible for the NYC Business Tax application, web based and background processing. Recommended, developed and documented process strategies for legacy applications and enhanced or replacement application as required by law.
- Defined and documented user requirements and implementation plans for NYC/NYS applications with participants from NYC DOF, NYS DTF, internal and external software developers, internal Operations and UAT.
- Developed Comprehensive Test Plans CTP and traceability matrix to verify customer requirements were met before applications were moved to the Production environment.
- Analyzed business flows with end users to identify and documented changes to system requirements to incorporate best practices and eliminate non value-added steps. Presented to Site Director for approval before implementing.
- Recommended, documented and implemented process improvement changes for NYC/NYS applications resulting in savings in excess of 650,000.
- Developed and documented software Release Plan with Configuration Management for all NYC and NYS applications.
- Site Director responsible for User Testing, System Testing and Implementation of IRS application at a ne facility in Windsor, CT.
- Developed, documented and pilot tested user procedures and site policies, incorporating best practices, for this ne site in Windsor, CT.
- Responsible for testing of Annual Tax updates resulting from Legislative Changes.