Information Technology Professional with over 20 years of progressive experience in Application Development, Infrastructure Implementation and Project Management, utilizing PMI methodology in all phases of the project life cycle, from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through implementation, documentation, and lessons learned. Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle SDLC . Extensive experience in managing large global teams. An innovative informatics engineer with strong interpersonal skills that enjoys a challenging environment.
Professional Experience: Confidential
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Lead IT Infrastructure Project Manager supporting Wellcare's Mergers and Acquisitions team. Utilizing an Agile methodology, directly managed the integration of Windsor Health Group, Sterling Insurance and EasyChoice Health Plans to the Wellcare corporate IT infrastructure standard.
- Managed a team of IT architects and technicians working to improve response time performance of Wellcare's claims management Oracle database Xcelys.
- Provided project management support to Wellcare's Information Security InfoSec team's initiatives. Managed the upgrade and enhancement of InfoSec tools, IBM Qradar SIEM, Symantec DLP, Rapid7 nexpose. Coordinated the effort between InfoSec, Infrastructure Engineering and the Service Desk to identify potential risks and develop patch management and remediation plans.
Executive Program/Project Manager
- Contracted by IBM Executive Management to provide Executive Project Management expertise to their Global Solutions team. Worked in the capacity of Agile Scrum Master, organizing the development of IBM's global product offerings. The product offerings included Cloud, Network, Storage, Server, Mainframe, Security, Service Desk and Disaster Recovery.
- Tracked weekly project costs and schedule variances, managed critical path activities, monitored resource utilization and project forecasts. Compiled feedback from the engagement teams on the effectiveness of IBM's enablement toolset. Provided an assessment of toolset usage to Executive Management.
- Directed the individual offering teams with the development of their offering's features. Supported the Smart Cloud Enterprise Plus SCE Offering Team in the development of the offering. Organized the training/education of over 400 Technical Solutions Managers and Architects worldwide on the Smart Cloud Enterprise Plus Offering.
- Managed a combined Boston Consulting Group BCG and a global IBM team with the implementation of recommendations made by BCG to improve IBM's Customer Solutioning process.
- Provided global project leadership and subject matter expertise SME to the IBM team developing a strategic Global Cost Modeling tool.
- Managed an IBM Account Team with the implementation of a Data Loss Prevention DLP solution for their client Viewpointe. The design included the deployment of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI , utilizing Citrix XenApp and VMware VCenter servers. Two factor authentication was achieved by integrating RSA appliance, Active Directory AD and Citrix. Cisco Ironport ESA and WSA appliances were deployed for Email security and file transfer monitoring.
Senior Project Manager
Worked with the Dell Transition Management team to establish work and process flows used to manage client's Service Desk migration to Dell standards and onsite support team.
- Contracted by the bank to act as the Chief Information Officer for US operations, reporting directly to the Chief Operation Officer, US.
- Managed all aspects of a 48 member IT department's day-to-day activities, including personnel evaluations. Responsible for the support and operation of the bank's network, computer/server assets, and trading floor support systems.
- Tracked information technology capital expenditures and weekly operational costs. Managed critical path activities, and resource allocation. Created documentation required for capitalization of labor and non-labor costs for risk technology projects.
- Worked with internal audit as well as federal and state banking regulators to guarantee that KBC met all regulations as they pertain to data processing integrity and security.
- Designed and implemented a multi-currency real time general ledger system. Developed the logical and physical data models used to build a data warehouse for back office reporting. This included process and data flow models used to Extract, Transform and Load ETL the data to the warehouse.
- Worked with KBC's senior management to design and implement the Bank's disaster recovery infrastructure.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed a combined Lucent-IBM Project Management team responsible for the largest global deployment of an MS NT Network and MS Exchange/Outlook E-Mail.
- Traveled to various Lucent locations to collect business requirements, managed project plans and worked with the technical team to streamline capacity planning and performed site evaluations.
- Successfully managed the rollout of over 4000 servers supporting the MS NT network and MS Exchange for over 125,000 users. Managed the Transition Teams that migrated Lucent's existing email networks, systems and message formats to the new corporate standard.
Senior Project Manager
- Contracted by NCR to manage a Data Warehouse project for its client BISYS. Managed NCR staff and day-to-day activities. Identified the front office trading systems used to build a proprietary data warehouse for BISYS's clients. Developed the specifications used to ETL the data.
- Worked with NCR's Teradata DBA to build the logical and physical data models.
- Performed testing to ensure the proper normalization of the database in order to enhance performance.
Senior Project Manager
Developed and managed Bellcore's commercialization project plan, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. Created the organization's Commercialization Project Plan Book for Senior Management, Investment Bankers, and the Board of Directors. This document was later used as the foundation for the organization's IPO.
Senior Project Manager
- Evaluated and recommended software tools for AT T Network System's Mega project program. Worked with a senior management team to establish the standards and methodologies required for AT T's project management process for projects in excess of 500 million.
- Developed specifications for loading project actuals from the Oracle Project Accounting System to the Mantix Cascade Project Management System.
Vice President Systems Development
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction for all systems designed to support CIBC's US. Corporate and Investment banking operations. Directly managed a staff of 32 IT Professionals. Performed the evaluation and selection of hardware platforms, software development tools, operating systems, and relational database management systems.
- Worked closely with internal audit to ensure that CIBC met all state and federal banking regulations as they pertain to data processing integrity and security.
- Gained management approval for a Corporate Banking Relationship Management System CRM that provided the end user with contact, call reporting, outstanding position, profitability and credit application information for the bank's customers. Oversaw the development and implementation of a credit application tracking system.
- Worked with members of the Investment Bank trading floor to identify specialized processing requirements for equities, derivatives and fixed income products. Supplied and managed resources to aid in the development of trading room decision support systems.
IT Director Reinsurance Application Architecture
- Interfaced extensively with Executive AIG Management to produce system proposals, project plans and detailed requirements for a distributive processing approach for reinsurance.
- Performed detailed reengineering analysis on AIG's Domestic Brokerage Operations to recommend improvements in work/process flows and the supporting applications.
- Won management approval for the development of a LAN based client server Corporate Reinsurance Information System CRIS . Designed the systems work flow and relational data structures. Supervised Knowledge Engineering staff in the construction and incorporation of a reinsurance rule base for an Expert System.
- Supported all phases of Assumed and Ceded reinsurance processing for both AIG's Domestic Brokerage Operations and the Transatlantic Reinsurance Company.
- Project Management Extensive training in Project Management methodology, SDLC, ITIL. Waterfall Agile development, Mantix Cascade, Oracle Primavera, MS Project.
- Relational Database Systems Extensive training in data and process modeling, relational data base design and administration, ETL process fundamentals. Sybase, MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2.
- Global Knowledge Unix, XML, .Net Fundamentals, VoIP, Telecom Fundamentals. MS Office Suite, Lotus Notes, working knowledge of CASE tools, and Expert Systems.