Accomplished IT professional with demonstrated success in implementing strategic IT initiatives that improves business functionality and positively impact the bottom line. A leader with the ability to motivate teams to maximize productivity. A technology-savvy self-starter, adept at moving into new environments and extrapolatinge from existing experience to adapt quickly and fluently to new technologies. Possesses first-rate communications and collaboration skills to lead and work with diverse groups effectively in a high stress and high stakes enviroment.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Leadership and guidance to the New York IT department and datacenter.
- Project manager for work contracted by facilities, confirming statement of work as well
- as quality of service, everything documented for any future audits.
- SCCM Suite, maintain, configure and troubleshoot VMware in a 4000 end
- user environment.
- Manage and maintain a vSphere 5.5 production environment of 411servers.
- Configure, test and document VMware SRM Site Recovery Manager as a disaster
- recovery solution.
- Build and configure VMware View VDI, ThinApp, XenDesktop, XenApp solutions
- to support internal and remote user access.
- Datacenter infrastructure technology management, proactively address potentially
- impacting server issues as well as daily backups and restores.
- Support and maintain a multi-site, multi-domain active directory, DNS structure.
- Work extensively with Windows Server 2008R2/2012 maintaining policies,
- Anti Virus configuration, and participate in critical security patch deployments
- Maintain high-availability and operational stability of current platforms.
- Actively participate in technology refresh projects, design and build new systems.
- Manage Dell EMC storage, Cisco ASA, Blade servers, disk arrays, LUN configurations
- and maintenance.
- On call 24/7
Project Manager, Network Engineer
- Provided consulting and project management: systems upgrades, RFI's, project implementation, vendor selection and QoS.
- Hired initially as a Project Manager for relocation of Sears NYC Design office.
- Served as liaison between 3rd party vendors and corporate engineering in all phases of project plan.
- Managed and maintained a VMware vSphere Citrix XenServer environment of 1000 users.
- Implemented service call system for immediate technical assistance and the tracking of all calls to determine common faults for analysis.
- Maintained telecom switches Nortel Meridian Option 11 - all internally configured and maintained: office moves, cable runs, frame wiring, firmware and hardware install.
- Managed internal installations and configurations reducing costs by at least 50 .
- Created and customized training manuals, PowerShell scripts and learning guides.
Desktop/Network/Trade Floor Support
- Responsible for diagnosis and resolution of trade floor client issues and escalation of problems to the appropriate development teams, using the standard problem management tools Teamforge and EMS .
- Provided front-line support for all desktop, network issues as well as in-house applications.
- Maintained market data systems: Bloomberg, Reuters.
- Worked with traders and salespeople to field requests, troubleshoot issues, and set up new users.
- Active Directory 2003, DHCP, DNS and group policies.
- Maintained Altiris PC Management suite for PC imaging, asset inventory and large rollouts.
- Maintained and supported Avaya phone switch, daily moves, adds and changes.
Trade Floor Support Team Lead
- Led day to day technical support of the Fixed Income pricing / offering and execution
- system applications for European and Tokyo based trade floor users.
- Ensured that incident and problem management, change management and request fulfillment
- on behalf of customers were executed at highest quality levels.
- Worked trade floor daily in very stressful conditions assuring a good end user experience.
- Maintained all desktop and networking issues.
- Ran trade floor rollouts, turret installs, moves.
- Configured and maintained Cisco catalysts switches.
- Supported daily basis market data: Bloomberg, Reuters, ILX.
- Supervised migrations of all NT users to Windows XP/2000.
- Provided customer support in new environment as well as created documentation for
- smooth transition.
Level III Trade Floor, Network Support Team Lead
- Responsible for departmental data security, ensuring the administration met current policy/procedures and best practices.
- Performed early morning health checks prior to start of trading day timely identification, diagnosis and remediation of all problems identified either directly or through other technical departments
- Managed multiple development projects while interfacing with numerous corporate areas.
- Managed Active Directory 2000, DHCP, DNS and WINS Servers.
- Planned, developed, and implemented procedures in 1200 NT workstation and laptop rollout.
- Increased turn around time 75 by managing help desk.
- Provided daily trade floor support: Bloomberg, ILX and Reuters.
- Configured and installed Cisco/Bay network switches and routers. Setup router redundancy as a contingency plan.
- Migrated all token-ring switches, servers and workstations to Ethernet.
- Analyzed and designed new servers and storage systems for optimal performance.