Accomplished Program, Portfolio Project Executive
- An agile and resourceful client-facing leader, who has built a successful IT career in heavily regulated industries, launched off a solid engineering background. Experienced at developing global strategies for complex, medium to large enterprise-wide ERP projects with multi-dependences in cross-functional organizations to support the business goals and develop high performance organizations. Excels at expertly defining project scope SOW , collaborating with senior management and stakeholders, managing resources to exceed expectations while working under pressure, bringing clarity to processes and understanding technologies to drive solutions forward.
- Stanford University Masters Certificate in Advanced Project Management
- Project Management Professional Certification PMP / PMBOK
- Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- Eckerd College Leadership Development Program
- National Technology University M.S., Management of Technology
- Northern Arizona University B.S., Computer Information Systems
SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER Confidential
Reporting directly to the Project Management Office and Vice President of Business Services. Responsible for multimillion-dollar IT projects with major dependencies on various business and technical processes, as well as other infrastructure and applications projects. Develop, track and implemented successfully various infrastructure, mainframe, server-based and networked based systems using Agile techniques. Projects include ecommerce, mainframe billing, MS web security applications, and technical IT proof of concept methodologies.
SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER Confidential
Responsible for delivery of International Designed Nuclear Plant Infrastructure Control Systems and the commissioning of the Nuclear Uranium Enrichment Operating System. Accountable for entire SDLC management of mission-critical custom coded operational software development. The Primavera-driven project is integrated with the SAP system to manage resources and materials. Develop, track and manage milestones, communicate project success criteria to stakeholders on an ongoing basis, manage constantly changing project scope and associated costs, identify potential crises, devise contingency plans and present to senior management and the customer. Supervise computer technical staff, engineering team, construction contractors, and vendors across four countries, mentoring team project managers to bring a software/infrastructure system into operation in a highly regulated environment to meet the customer's deadline. Held a Q clearance.
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER/EXECUTIVE Confidential
Program Manager/Site Executive for an annual 10 million program that produces sensors to monitor, search, track and identify space objects. Oversight/Approval of both SDLC of the optical software system and infrastructure, including concept. Develop Requests for Proposals RFP , author white papers, prepare quarterly and annual reports, and develop and deliver a training program for both internal and external customers world-wide. Responsible for program execution, customer interface, contractual performance requirements, strategy and business planning, answer audits, as well as technical aspects of literally every activity in the program. Manage delivery of outsourced services including the infrastructure certification compliance with security protocol of classified information before go live to allow access to classified networks. Establish Earned Value Management System EVMS to mitigate risk and assess performance. Utilize Agile and Scrum methodology to shorten delivery time and increase the quality of custom software program and better integrate with hardware. Program managed using Microsoft Project. Supervise over 50 technical employees project managers, project controls staff, mechanical and optics engineers, field technicians . Held a TS/SCI clearance.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER Confidential
- Manage a 80 million annual IT program that produces nuclear weapons components. Each year, programs saw a 10 increase in quality and a 5 reduction in operating costs. Coordinate IT projects over 26 Divisions and over 1,100 internal and external world-wide customers as a major dependency. Navy retrofit project timeline. Established a Project Management Office PMO into a large research organization that had a tradition of working freelance. This was the first time project management methodology was used in nuclear weapons projects. Developed standards, policies, guidelines and over saw all projects to ensure they are being followed. Examples of projects:
- Manufacturing Project - Responsible for complex IT projects with multiple customers DOD, Department of Energy, New Mexico State, others . Develop and maintain fully-resourced plans that includes budgets, schedules, milestones, etc., reducing manufacturing cycle time by 45 and establish metrics for continuous improvement. Develop Request for Proposal RFP and obtain funding. Also responsible for operations, facilities, safety and security of 22 square mile site: high hazard facilities, ten high explosive firing sites, open areas that are contaminated.
- Business Process Improvement Project Identify deficiencies on an annual 2M Chemical Evaporator project, saving 3Billion of construction and operational costs. Establish quality operational processes to drive down cost while increasing performance by 75 . Use Six Sigma tools to make improvements. Software and Infrastructure Project Responsible for representing the interests of IT organization in a construction project. Facilitate change management and issue resolution with vendors, procedures, manufacturers, on-site programmers, project engineers and construction workers. Hands-on project manager that walked the hard-hat areas on average of three times every week to ensure communication at all levels of project plan.
- Database Development Project - Manage hazardous waste tracking. Streamline tracking operations of waste movement from 3 weeks to 4 hours using SDLC to develop an Oracle and SQL based automated tool to provide controls to complete transportation process. Project completed 6 months ahead of schedule and under budget by 2 .
- Over the time here led a team to develop and maintain over 5 major software business systems and 2 software engineering systems and placed programs into operation with zero defects and reduced operational down time by 80 . Supervise 70 employees and contractors, both union and non-union. Held a Q Clearance.