Permanent program manager or senior project manager role in a leading financial company in New York City
Highly accomplished technology program manager with over 20 years' experience in managing complex, multi-platform, large-scale and global financial and regulatory projects in all phases of the SDLC. Expert in program/project management, business analysis, and process improvement strategies. Strong ability to bridge the gap between technology and business organizations due to extensive hands-on experience as a software developer, business analyst, project manager and program manager. Proficient in a wide range of financial applications, IT management tools and techniques. Innovative in the use of technology to support business objectives in increasing efficiency, effectiveness, flexibility, and in reducing costs. Holds a MBA with Distinction in Finance and Global Business Management and MS with Honors in Information Systems.
Core Professional Competencies
- Proven ability to successfully manage system development in top-tier world financial companies
- Management of fast paced highly critical system development projects with multiple constraints
- Effective liaison with all levels of management in both the technology and business side
- Very strong relationship building with internal and external clients, service providers and partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and leading Steer Com meetings
- Virtual team leadership of 20 matrixed, geo-diverse on/off shore and cross-functional resources
- Management of parallel multi-year programs/projects with budgets from 250K to 10 million USD
- Proficient in designing system development process standards, methodology and procedures
- Expert in developing project management SDLC tools and techniques and PMO management
- Implementation of process reengineering and optimization and quality improvement strategies
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
MS Project, CA Clarity Open Workbench, NetSuite OpenAir
| || |
MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Outlook
| || |
MS SharePoint, IBM Rational ClearCase, IBM Lotus Notes,
| || |
MS Access, Oracle, MS Sql Server, IBM DB2, Cognos
- Responsible for initiation, planning, execution and delivery of large and complex initiatives in the Loans BOW, and management of Loans SMEs, PMs, BAs and TAs Technical analysts in various parallel workstreams.
- Manage the multi-year program to upgrade DB's Loan IQ 2009 version to the latest version 7.3.1, which will enable DB to implement Straight Through Processing Markit Initiatives of Loans Trade Settlement and Closing, and FATCA, a global banking regulatory requirement of the US Internal Revenue Service.
- Manage the analysis to consolidate 1000 global Loans reports from 3 legacy reporting platforms into 1 strategic platform using the new ORA Global Loans data warehouse and Jasper report development tool.
- Oversee the system merge of 2 separate Loan IQ LIQ instances into 1 database and data model.
- Maintain the global Loans Book of Work from the initial project request to business case development to OpCom/SteerCom review and approval, and through the SDLC and program lifecycle PLC management.
- Manage relationship with regional Loans business partners and regulatory partners in NA, EUR APAC.
- Chair monthly global Loans Steer Com meetings and weekly global Loans Op Com meetings to provide full transparency of Loans IT Regulatory and OpEx programs, as well as Change the Bank projects.
- Manage programs' risks, issues, dependencies, constraints, benefit plan, budget, and resources.
- Developed standards for project ball park effort and cost estimation, RACI Matrix, Test Case template, SDLC artifact naming convention, SDLC project tracking, project/program status reporting dashboard.
- Managed regulatory programs including FATCA, US Basel 3, Fed Reserve Compliance reporting, etc.
- Loan IQ is the leader in global commercial lending which processes more than 1/3 of the world's syndicated loans and more than 1/2 of the world's loan trades. DataNet is its business intelligence component.
- Responsible for project management of large and complex client funded custom enhancements and high profile strategic product enhancements, as well as client relationship management through the full project life cycle, client UAT, Go Live and warranty support.
- Consistently delivered very large and highly complex projects on schedule, within budget and good quality using both waterfall and agile methodology. Executed multiple concurrent projects through initiation, business requirements gathering, functional analysis, technical design, effort estimation, project resourcing, project WBS planning, development, QA, system integration testing, automated regression testing, End to End testing, performance testing, environment set up and configuration, technical documentation, packaging, delivery, UAT, post-delivery support, training, and project closing.
- Completed a high profile 2 year project with partner Microsoft - MS Sql Server Enablement for Loan IQ. Consistently received high commendations from Microsoft management on the execution of the plan that involved the translation of thousands of batch and online modules from ORA to MSS. This project gave Misys a competitive advantage to win new LIQ clients using MS Sql Server from competitors.
- Managed the development and implementation of the 3 year LIQ Effective Interest Rate EIR module program which involved the redesign of the EIR batch and Cashflow engine. This program involved 5 projects, with a total effort of almost 2000 days utilizing over 10 resources. Functional requirements were solicited from several clients and were incorporated in the implementation of the new EIR release.
- Managed the Analysis and Design phase of the critical and strategic Commercial Bank enablement of LIQ. This multi-year program for the next major release involved 19 large projects with a total development effort of over 10,000 days and required half of Misys LIQ resources.
- Responsible for PMO management, portfolio management of client funded custom enhancements, tracking of Professional Services billable projects, SDLC compliance, maintenance of SDLC standards, procedures and SDLC templates, KPI tracking, identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities.
- Core liaison between the LIQ development groups project managers, architects, developers, business analysts, SMEs, QAs, technical writers, and system engineers , business groups sales, professional services, client relationship managers and client support , legal, and product management group.
- Oversaw the client funded custom enhancements portfolio. Steered regular meetings with all the various stakeholders from development and business groups to ensure clear and consistent understanding of the current progress status, priority, issues, risks and action points of the projects for each client.
- Successfully set up the PMO for Loan IQ. This involved the development of a new project tracking online system that replaced 2 disparate project tracking systems used by technology and the business groups.
- Analyzed, designed, presented to Sr management and successfully implemented a new project life cycle workflow for LIQ that became the basis for the global Misys SDLC processes and procedures.
- Developed and rolled out comprehensive SDLC templates in accordance with current IT industry standards for the various LIQ development groups. This includes ERF, BRD, FSD, TDS, RTM, PRC, etc.
- Championed and implemented several significant process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for managing the development and implementation of the Lockbox Management system, and maintenance of the Financial Services IMS Data Warehouse, Profitability and Loss Management System PALMS , Sales Reporting System, and Commercial Finance Specialists Compensation Rules System.
- Coordinated with business users, external vendors, and internal technology groups in gathering business and technical requirements, developing functional and technical design documents and user guides.
- Managed analysis and design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance tasks. Conducted post-mortem discussions, developed lessons learned, and implemented process improvement plans.
- Maintained the integrated program schedule, budgets, risks and issues list, and detailed project plans.
- Supported financial specialists, financial advisors, business administrators and operations group on project initiation and prioritization, requirements solicitation, UAT, enhancement rollouts and training.
- The Hybrid Market HM is a new market paradigm in trading stocks that combines the traditional auction market with electronic trading. The HM is a 4 year enterprise wide program encompassing over 200 software releases, as well as upgrades in hardware, network and communications infrastructure and facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining the HM master program schedule, program scope, milestones, risks and issues logs, actions list, parking lot, and publishing status summary reports and dashboards to Sr management.
- Collaborated with Requirements Engineering, System Development, Architecture, QA, Operations and Network managers to monitor project lifecycle statuses of the multifaceted HM program components.
- Developed program swim lanes, roadmaps, program schedule inter-dependencies and constraints diagrams, program delivery variance analysis, and release schedule change impact diagrams.
- Developed and implemented PMO processes, program management tools, techniques and standards.
- Coordinated test environment builds and configuration, development of test plan, test cases and test scripts. Tracked SIT and ETE execution, results verification, defect analysis, prioritization and resolution.
- The i3 Conversion program encompasses enterprise wide systems redesign to convert credit transaction processing from using First Data to Total Systems TSYS . NAB, a mission critical project for i3, is a real-time application that centralized new account build requests processing. As a robust middleware, additional credit decision engines, products and services can be added without major architecture redesign.
- Responsible for NAB analysis and design, development, testing, implementation and budget tracking
- Successfully led 30 matrixed cross-functional team of system architects, developers, business analysts, DBAs, QAs, SMEs and PMO to develop NAB. Collaborated with 10 internal technology groups.
- Conducted JAD with Marketing, Lending Operations and Credit Policy to identify business requirements.
- Collaborated with Enterprise Technical Services, Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Info Security, QA, Systems Governance, and Service Delivery Management to identify technical requirements.
- Liaised with TSYS to identify testing technical requirements and performance tuning opportunities. Directed consumer and business card data mapping between TSYS and the various internal systems
- GCS is the first global credit decisioning web application in the world. GCS provides 24x7 online automated credit decisions across the US, Canada and EMEA. As a middleware service, additional countries, credit bureaus, rules engines and risk management services can be added without architecture redesign.
- Responsible for performing business analysis, and managing development, testing, implementation, support and database management for GCS. Functioned as SME for credit bureau data and credit scoring rules.
- Led a team of business analysts, developers and DBAs in the US and Europe in global B2B projects.
- Developed a business strategy and spearheaded the formulation of credit scoring rules to increase credit decision automation from 30 to 90 within one year, which resulted in 3 FTEs staff reduction.
- Principal liaison with D B, Experian and several European credit bureaus to perform data mapping, design credit scoring algorithm and implement global credit decisioning automation.
- Designed the credit bureau simulator engine to automate credit scoring regression testing, tune the credit decisioning rules and allow credit analysts to test drive new rules prior to implementation.
- Investigated and performed comparative benchmarks on risk management tools to effectively minimize online fraud exposure, maximize decision automation and mitigate automated credit decisioning risks.
- Established structured testing methodology, testing reports and QA procedures. Managed defect analysis, reporting, prioritization, resolution, retesting and closure using TestDirector.
- AIG NY, Project Manager/QA Manager Consultant, Reinsurance Systems
- CITI GROUP NY, VP Project Leader/Sr Systems Analyst, Commercial Cards System
- CHASE MELLON, Project Manager Consultant, Escheatment and Stock Options Systems
- DUN BRADSTREET, Senior Systems Analyst, Accounting and Billing Systems
- PRUDENTIAL INSURANCE, Sr Analyst/Developer Consultant, Reinsurance Systems