Innovative IT leader, focused in envisioning, defining, and implementing top-notch technology strategies, aimed at realizing business visions while executing on a rationalized IT function.
- l Expert in fulfilling C-Level stakeholders' visions using IT as a competitive advantage.
- l Superior expertise on defining and executing enterprise IT architecture, including: Middleware, ESB, SOA, BPM, Web Services, Web application development, Rich Internet Application RIA , Cloud computing, mobile applications, search engines, master data management MDM, advanced analytics and big data, infrastructure and connectivity.
- l Possess more than 28 years of experience on technology development, within complex integrated environments, including: financial, banking, hospitality and retail corporations.
- l Vast experience in hiring, developing, and managing geographically distributed high-performing technology teams in near shore, offshore, and onshore models, following an agile approach.
IT Strategy development Enterprise Architecture Event Driven Architecture EDA Enterprise Service Bus ESB Cloud Computing Web Services Big Data - Analytics Master Data Management MDM Mainframe Portfolio Management Scrum Master Lean Software development UML BPM Object Oriented Analysis Design OOAD Model Driven Development No-SQL Complex Event Processing CEP Decision Engines
- Effectively delivered business visions and innovative new value propositions, employing more than 50M over a period of three years, significantly contributing to sustained revenue increased, while executing on a rationalized IT strategy.
- Actively worked with different C-level executives defining, monitoring and executing technology outcomes.
- Delivered company's flag ship application with more than 1 million lines of code in 5 months, managing a team of 35 developers across 4 countries.
- Consulted and assisted GE Capital technology teams in UK, and Australia.
Technologies: Mobile, Web - RIA, Mainframe, Cobol, Cloud Computing, REST/SOAP WS, ESB, EDA, B2B Gateway, OLTP/OLAP, No-SQL, Master Data Management, Analytics, Model driven development, BPM, LDAP, Cloud Computing, UML, OOAD, and B2B integrations.
Team: Responsible for 45 team members including employees and contractors distributed offshore, near shore and multiple US locations.
Sr. Product Manager at Confidential
Role: Function as a senior technology product leader, responsible for the definition and execution of new digital products.
- Worked on technologically integrating a 160M M A's.
- Delivered 4 new digital brands for Best Buy fully integrated with the retail platforms including: BBY.com, BBY mobile, BBY API, and Retail stores.
- Lead steering committees with multiple VPs and directors defining and monitoring business outcomes.
Technologies: Mobile, Web - RIA, ESB, No-SQL, Master Data Management, Analytics, POS.
Team: Worked with more than 50 team members and 20 product managers, producing the technology required to fulfill the business outcomes.
eDiscovery Program Manager at Confidential
Role: Primary leader responsible for the definition and execution of technology projects aimed at fulfilling Chief Legal Counsel's e-Discovery vision for GMAC ResCap.
l Assisted the GMAC ResCap Chief Legal Counsel in defining a program that provided 14M in savings in 2009, in an environment where financial resources were scarce and highly scrutinized. l Turned around a 1.5M technology budget with no clear scope or business requirements/expectations, into a successful program, delivering e-Discovery operations in late 2007 that provided 16M in savings to GMAC ResCap. l Honed the eDiscovery solution architecture, and implemented Agile practices to achieve primary objectives. Team: 20 technical team members including software developers, architects, C-level stakeholders, and Sr. managers. Responsible for 7 direct resources forming the Agile product team. Technologies: WCF, C , SQL, Web Services, Forensic tools, eDiscovery tools, ETLs, ADS, Windows Servers 2003, Lean software development, Microsoft Project Plan.
Project Manager 4 at Confidential
Role: Sr. Technology project manager, responsible for the full execution of enterprise IT solutions for Wells Fargo.
Major achievements as Project Manager 4 2005-2007 :
l Delivered 11 major technology projects in 3 years, with average budgets of 1.5M, advancing Wells Fargo Home Mortgage closing processes digitally, reducing time to close, and accelerating the creation of new value propositions. l Assisted Directors and Sr. managers on the definition of a technology integration roadmap. l Followed Wells Fargo project management methodologies and delivered fulfilling all compliance and regulatory requirements.
Major achievements as Project Manager 4 2004-2005 :
l Implemented a formal OOAD process following RUP which increased the quality of the solution, and shortened the original project scope from 16 month to 1 year. l Produced full solutions including use case, sequence, component, conceptual, and deployment diagrams. l Worked with software developers to ensure development, integration, performance and user acceptance testing of the multiple solutions. l Worked with Chief architect, business, and IT Program managers to ensure solution alignment to overall Wells Fargo Home Mortgage technology roadmap. l Reversed engineered Wells Fargo Home Mortgage pricing engine from Cobol into Blaze rules engine. Technologies: WebLogic, J2EE, SOA, Web Services, RMI, Mainframe, Cobol, SQL, MQ, Middleware frameworks, IBM Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Soda, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Blaze rules engine.
Managing Director - Confidential
Role: Primary leader on this innovative IT company providing advanced and functional solutions for retail and hospitality industries.
- Created a POS solution to compete against IBM, Siemens Nixdorf, and NCR POS solutions, and gained a significant local market of 15 retail chains in Venezuela.
- Developed a computer retail model that allowed growing the company from startup to more than 30 employees in 5 years, in a highly competitive market.
- Developed ERP solution focused on hospitality and retail markets.
Technologies: .Net, Visual Basic, Windows SQL, Windows Server 2003
Lead Software Engineer at Confidential
Role: Led key enterprise software development solutions.
- Established a team of 6 software engineers dedicated to the creation of several enterprise wide solutions.
- Successfully designed and developed a home grown ERP solution.
- Successfully designed and developed solutions to facilitate the operations and control of multiple engineering projects.
Technologies: Informix 4GL/SQL, Clipper, Novell Netware
Programmer Analyst at Confidential
Role: Designed, tested, developed and implemented financial solutions in Cobol II.
l Coached junior developers l Designed, developed and implemented fix assets application l Participated on the design, development and implementation of Human Resource solution, budgeting, and accounting enterprise applications.
Technologies: MPE 4, HP mini computers, Cobol II, hierarchical databases