To secure a position where I can utilize over 10 years of technical and managerial experience including analysis, design, development, coding, testing and maintenance of legacy and new online and batch systems.
HARDWARE/SOFTWARE: IBM 43XX, 33XX, ES9000, ETL, SSIS, SQL, COBOL, COBOLII, OS/MVS JCL, CULPRIT, IDMS, ADS/Online Programming, IDD, OLM, OLQ, ADSA, ADSG, DML/O, ACCESS, EXCEL, INTERNET, LOTUS NOTES, VISIO, CLIST, TSO/ISPF, OS/MVS UTILITIES, PROJECT WORKBENCH, ENDEVOR, SAS, TIQ, VSAM, CA-7
- Worked on various short-term contracts using IDMS Development tools OLM, IDD, ADSG, ADSA , SAS, OS/JCL, CA-7, Easytrieve, COBOL, OS/JCL, MVS Utilities to modify and maintain legacy systems.
- Used VISIO to create flowcharts and update documentation.
- Created test data and scenario for Disaster Recovery.
CAREGIVER/HOME HEALTH AIDE
- This consisted of maintaining his daily hygiene, giving his daily medication, fixing meals, ordering medications,
- working with Capitol Hospice staff, and scheduling appointments with doctors.
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- While working for Compuware Corporation, I worked as a Sr. Programmer Analyst for EDS and Giant Food. I
- worked at both sites in a TSO/ISPF environment on Y2K analysis, coding and testing of IDMS and ADS/Online components.
- At INS/EDS I worked on the Central Index System CIS an IDMS, COBOL and ADS/Online. I developed Y2K
- test plans for batch and online applications to support the Y2K upgrade of CIS.
- I created SAS programs to define and modify programs and files affected by the Y2K upgrade. Programs
- required date logic modification and OS/MVS JCL modification.
- Used OLM, IDD, ADSA, ADSG, ADS/Online Programming, OS/JCL, and CLIST to modify and update existing software to be Y2K compliant.
- Used VISIO to develop program/jobstream flow diagrams and to update hardcopy documentation.
- While working at Giant Food, I was responsible for Y2K analysis and program modifications of batch/online
- applications. Analysis involved defining IDMS batch and online programs which were Y2K compliant and noncompliant, defining database changes to ADS/O dialog components and developing test plans. Modifications
- were performed using COBOL, SAS, OLM, OLQ, IDD, ADSA, ADSG and ADS/Online Programming.
- Worked at The Washington Post managing Circulation Team members assigning customer service requests
- in order to facilitate the billing of distributors, day-to-day processing, and the timely distribution of newspapers.
- Used structured programming techniques, IDMS development tools, and system life cycle procedures to create
- and maintain software in the Billing and Distribution Systems of the Circulation Department.
- Worked with team members to develop, modify, test and maintain batch/online applications using SAS,
- OS/JCL, COBOL, COBOLII, CULPRIT, ADS/Online, TSO/ISPF, OS/MVS Utilities and the following IDMS
- development tools: ADSA, OLQ, IDD, OLM, ADSG, and DML/O.
- Provided management and users monthly status of current, upcoming and outstanding projects and problems.
- Reviewed and tested all fixes and enhancements providing technical assistance and user-interface with team
- members when necessary.
- Analyzed functional requirements for the Auto Rental Rate System. The IDMS system allowed car rental
- vendors to update car rental rate information via on-line or batch, which was transmitted to car reservation
- systems on a daily basis.
- Developed, maintained and tested batch and online applications in a TSO/ISPF environment using IDMS development tools ADS/Online Programming, IDD, OLM, ADSA, ADSG, DML/O, Culprit as well as SAS,
- COBOL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, OS/MVS JCL, and IBM Utilities.
- Worked with Systems, users and the SDG to define and modify CA-7 schedules based on production schedules
- and enhancements to the Auto Rate system.
- Responded to user inquiries and requests regarding system problems, functionality, and future enhancements,
- Supervised, evaluated, and assigned tasks to the Auto Rate programming group. Prepared weekly status
- reports using Project Workbench.
- Provided data and test scenarios for Disaster Recovery Procedures.
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Maintained CAS Purchasing System and other CAS applications Accounts Payable and Inventory which interacted with Purchasing.
- Updated online and batch applications using: TSO/ISPF, OS/JCL and OS/MVS Utilities, OLM, IDD, ADSG, ADSA, ADS/Online Programming, COBOL, Culprit, OLQ and SAS.
- Applied CAS patches during updates and modifications based on CA requirements and requests from the Database Administrator.
- Defined test data needed to allow users to test in the QA environment, and served as a respondent to user
- inquiries for technical information and Purchasing System functionality.
- Designed and implemented the Online Numismatic Sales and Inventory System. Database accessing,
- modifying, and updating were accomplished using OLM, ADSA, IDD, ADSG, ADS/Online programming, COBOL/IDMS programs, and OS/MVS JCL in a TSO/ISPF environment.
- Converted the Inventory Control System from a manual system to an online database system using IDMS
- development tools, ADS/Online, COBOL, and OS/JCL.
- Designed and implemented an IDMS based Cash Management System for the Budget and Accounting
- Divisions located in Washington, DC and San Francisco, CA.