Senior IT Mainframe Professional with SDLC Mainframe expertise dedicated to customer and client satisfaction. Technical Skills include but not limited to coding, unit testing and post implementation using COBOL, DB2/SQL queries, IMS, VSAM, CICS, DB2 Stored procedures, MQ series, with related tools and utilities. Evaluated and resolved coding and testing issues of interface with Web developers' groups and back end mainframe/ DB2 environment. Interfaced domestic and global systems and business groups to resolve issues and defects on projects before and during integrative testing.
Languages and Software: DB2 QMF SQL SPUFI z/OS TSO ISPF COBOL2 COBOL3 BMS VSAM CICS IMS DB/ DC Explain MVS JCL Microsoft SQLserver Connect:Direct NDM FTP Tools and Utilities: Expediter Trace Master Intertest Boole and Babbage Platinum for DB2 Syncsort Insync File-Aid StarTool ICEMAN ICETOOL Changeman Lbrarian Endevor MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook MS Visio DYL280 Eztrieve
A Business Technology Services Company
- Mainframe Developer Consultant / Senior Programmer Analyst for client ADT security systems
- Thoroughly coded and unit/UAT tested COBOL programs to produce desired information accurately and with optimum performance and successful implementation. Created approaches, estimated time, designed, analyzed, wrote, tested, documented, and implemented program development / enhancements to meet business and system project goals and specifications. Consulted with client, users, management, technical staff and other programmers for desired outcome.
- Coded and tested DB2, IMS Batch and CICS inquiry and update programs for systems project to modify 3 character field from numeric to alphanumeric to increase the number of service profile codes allowed.
- Wrote, tested through CA7, and installed the Triple Pay Billing addition affecting invoices, reports, online screens for orders and contracts. The changes included modifications accessing DB2, IMS databases and VSAM files.
- Reporting of new Sales Product Remote Interactive Services Pulse to allow broadband and mobile access to traditional monitored security systems, estimated at revenue of 10-20 M in year one.
- Created new DB2 table, coded and performance tested new programs to query and update DB2 table for customers who used invoice billing at any time after a specified date.
- Coded and tested with Web front end Batch w/DB2, VSAM, modification of a Sales Rep code issue giving invalid return error messages through the MQ.
- Created, coded and tested, with later modifications, a set of programs using DB2, IMS, VSAM for monthly Sales reports of dollars and counts of prior month beginning, new business split by customer type, resales, acquisitions, discontinued business, and transfers of business between regions.
- Coded and tested set of Batch programs with DB2/SQL using algorithms to create a contact list for a legal issue.
- For client to stay competitive and avoid unnecessary downtime and costs, managed and UAT tested upgrades to DB2, IMS, z/OS, Cobol compiler, and Vertex Sales Tax.
- Developed, wrote and tested to create ad hoc reports/files for internal auditing requests regarding installation costs, sales and order and invoice data.
- Utilized DB2 Image Copy, VSAMASST, DB2 Load/Unload
- Skills utilized at Casey Group: COBOL2, DB2, SQL, QMF, VSAM, CICS, IMS, OS/JCL, DB2 EXPLAIN, MQ Series, LIBRARIAN, SYNCSORT, ICETOOL, STARTOOL, INSYNC, COMPAREX, MS OFFICE Excel, Word, Outlook , MS Visio, EZtrieve, FTP, Data Analysis, Microsoft SQLserver
Global Wealth Management and Business Banking
- Developed, coded, tested and performance tuned DB2 Stored Procedures and CICS Trade Router programs, accessing and returning data for Mutual Funds and inserting to Online Trades DB2 tables. This project was Online Web ISTOOL SET Portfolio Execution Tools Project for Rebalance of Funds and Equities Portfolios.
- Modifications including JCL, proc changes for test DB2 database and VSAM region QA testing, project of modifications to CICS screens accessing the DB2 SQL tables, including using the StarTool CICS debugging tool.
- Analyzed, wrote, and installed Compliance Data Feed for numerous investment clients for Regulatory Client Reporting Technology group. Interface included accessing DB2 databases, testing with SPUFI and utilizing StarTool File Data Manager and DYL280 file reporting. Initiative involved reporting of all client employee UBS accounts, positions and transactions to client on a daily basis.
- Skills utilized at UBS: COBOL2, DB2, SQL, QMF, VSAM, CICS, OS/JCL, DB2 EXPLAIN, MULTI REGION DB2/CICS, DB2 STORED PROCEDURES, MQ Series, CHANGEMAN, EXPEDITER, SYNCSORT, ICEMAN, STARTOOL, FILEAID, COMPAREX, MS OFFICE Excel, Word, Outlook , DYL280
- Designed, wrote and tested with performance analysis highly utilized online web interface program between AMPS and the new Global Billing Fees system GBLS to ACH, Checks, Fed Funds Wire, Journals and ACAT using COBOL, MQ series processing, CICS and DB2 with SQL. Wrote test scripts, system entries for CICS. Wrote technical specifications for these modifications for the Checks system.
- Analyzed business and technical decisions on design and implementation of Retirement Distributions System for the transfer of mutual funds, stocks and cash, formerly a partially manual system. Attended and brain stormed in discussions on Front End web prototypes thru back end CICS and DB2 table data design.
- Evaluated and enhanced Batch programs and jobs for the NSCC Account Transfer Receives system from other brokerages. Wrote Batch tax module for foreign tax reporting.
- Interfaced domestic and global systems and business groups to resolve issues and defects on all projects before and during integrative testing for this brokerage firm.
- Skills utilized at PERSHING: COBOL2, DB2, SQL, QMF, VSAM, CICS, OS/JCL, DB2 EXPLAIN, MULTI REGION DB2/CICS, MQ Series, ENDEVOR, EXPEDITER, TRACE MASTER, SYNCSORT, FILEAID, MS OFFICE Excel, Word
Metavante Corporation, now FISERV, is a leading provider of software and information management solutions for global financial institutions.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Implemented complex mainframe systems projects using COBOL for financial institutions as an internal consultant and liaison. Analyzed, estimated time and costs, documented systems, wrote and executed test scripts, debugged, coded, tested, scheduled and installed applications. Utilized DB2, SQL, IMS, VSAM databases, CICS including Expediter, File-Aid, and other utilities for troubleshooting.
- Analyzed, wrote and debugged programs for major bank state deconversion of VSAM database systems including participation in Dress Rehearsal and Deconversion directly with client. Utilized Expediter, Insync, and NDM'd files as part of conversion. Team generated 1 million Revenue and project acclaimed for flawless implementation.
- Project was to merge banking systems. As a developer wrote and tested programs for Relationship Profitability project for two-year period for client's DB2 Online and batch platforms. Learned five systems as technical lead for conversion, and participated in conversion onsite in Virginia. Analyzed, wrote technical specifications, wrote documentation and flowcharts and created time estimates. Set up proper scheduling on CA-7, especially checking for elimination and addition of jobs, and testing all systems before merge to new CPU production environment.
- Transported six systems to Metavante service platform, set up environment for VSAM, CICS and load modules. Utilized Boole and Babbage to check regions. Unusual use of linkset loads from objects packaged to Endevor. Generated 45 million Revenue, saving client bank 15 million each year.
- Skills utilized at METAVANTE: COBOL2, DB2, SQL, QMF, VSAM, IMS, CICS, OS/JCL, DB2 EXPLAIN, MULTI REGION DB2/CICS, ENDEVOR, EXPEDITER, SYNCSORT, FILEAID, MS OFFICE Excel, Word