- A versatile, experienced healthcare and IT professional with a successful record in project management, process improvement, and relationship management. Strengths include excellent communication skills, building loyal, cross-functional teams, consensus building, and integration of detailed information to apply to large scale plans..
- Skilled and experienced in the following:
- Project Management
- Account Management
- Department/Operation Management
- Software Implementation/Training
- End User Training and Documentation
- PMP Certified Certificate 1233073
- Worked to remediate all in scope applications for ICD-10 to make sure all was in readiness for the 10/1/14 live date since delayed .
- Provided oversight for all legacy applications defined as everything non-Epic, to include 66 instances of multiple applications
- operating in multiple locations for ICD-10 remediation.
- Assisted with the creation of the deployment strategy and provided testing oversight.
- Assigned applications to deployment groups, and led discovery efforts with internal and vendor resources to determine remediation
- timelines and progress.
- Responsible for the Application Inventory compilation of all in scope and out of scope applications and all updates to same. Made
- determinations as to the qualifying criteria for in and out of scope.
- Monitored and coached team leads in the completion of their duties.
- Met with numerous internal resources in groups or one on one to discuss the deployment strategy, obtain approval and ultimate
- remediation sign off.
- Assisted the Project Director with presentation material to various groups of stakeholders, to include the Executive and IT Steering
- Provided overall project oversight with a variety of projects to include Financial Soarian and Clinical Emergency Department Information System applications. Participated in the first phase of the Soarian Implementation Methodology SIM with the only client to go live on time.
- Worked with various application architects to assure tasks were completed and timelines kept current.
- Provided updates to the project plan using Primavera so billing milestones occurred as predicted.
- Worked with Siemens resources to determine how tasks needed to be accomplished and determined when additional assistance was
- Provided customer support for all questions and concerns.
- Performed administrative tasks relevant to the Project Manager position such as status reports, status calls, account reviews, SOX
- Project validation, and time forecasts.
- Worked with Agfa to support a new initiative with the Cleveland Clinic to store all images in an historical repository. Was responsible for the development of a project plan to repeat the methodology, and to troubleshoot all issues and Cleveland Clinic concerns.
- Provided directions to Agfa resources regarding Cleveland Clinic project needs and requests.
- Followed up on all issues regarding hardware, software, general questions and concerns.
- Hosted daily meetings to maintain project momentum and to make sure timelines were met.
- Worked with Cleveland Clinic Imaging resources to assure tasks were completed as required by the project plan.
- Responsible for the product planning and execution of the G3 AIS EHR and Practice Management solution. Position duties included gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals were met. Strong focus on Meaningful Use and Health Information Exchange.
- Employed Agile methodology, specifically Scrum, to develop application feature/function.
- Developed communication paths to other product managers and clients to learn their current needs and requirements.
- Provided input to German leadership regarding project requirements and priorities.
- Reviewed pertinent literature for trends to anticipate market needs.
- Participated as requested for meetings, events, and travel to other CompuGroup office sites.
Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing out large, complex, cross-functional IT projects and business projects with significant IT activity in scope. Provided support to other projects such as facilitation, planning, issues/risk management, mentoring, and other services, as directed. Mentored project managers, project coordinators, business analysts, and other project team members in established guidelines and best practices.
- Represented the Information Services Department in meetings with internal IS customers to receive, review, understand, and log IT
- project requests.
- Applied critical systems thinking and effectively collaborates across IT functional areas to evaluate business objectives, identify
- alternative solutions, consider feasibility, develop business cases, and facilitate prioritization, approval, resource assignment, and initiation of IT projects.
- Facilitated the formulation of project scope, objectives, benefits, constraints, assumptions, risks, and costs.
- Prepared work plans and schedules, including requirements, tasks, work assignments, resources, project milestones, and review
- Performed and managed program control functions, such as integrated scheduling, risk management, communications and change
- management, cost and budget management, and program integration.
- Assisted with development, implementation, and operation of project management office functions as assigned.
- Prepared and managed project financial budgets. Monitored activity reports and financial statements and identified trends.
- Performed other job-related duties as assigned. Confidential
- Participated in a project designed to document the charge capture process for all outpatient service areas. Documented the work flow for the Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and the Psychiatric Care outpatient areas. Visio diagrams were prepared, and recommendations to work flow improvements were made.
- Worked at the Business Analyst for Health Information Management HIM . Current work flow documentation was created, as well as a time line for the resolution of HIM's most critical system's issues. An issues log was also created for HIM to track their Requests for Service.
- Prepared an analysis of the Healthcare Data Exchange HDX application for Patient Access Services PAS . Work flow was observed along with users' HDX interactions. Recommendations for improvements were summarized and submitted to PAS leadership.
- Served as the Project Manager for the charge capture enhancement project in conjunction with the Tatum consulting group.
- Created business case and project scope documentation as required.
- Created project time lines as required.
- Assisted with the Surgical Information Systems SIS optimization.
- Facilitated relationships with medical staff by coordinating communication regarding clinic business initiatives.
- Assisted with budget preparation and financial variance reporting.
- Worked with physicians to develop and implement computerized schedules.
- Managed the use of all clinic support tools such as the phone system, appointment scheduling system, and the charge
- entry system.
- Recommended changes to existing policies and procedures to enhance workflows and promote customer satisfaction.
- Developed training seminars to promote the efficient collection of patient data.
Account Manager/Project Manager
- Managed all aspects of the client relationship for an assigned base of hospital clients. Assisted clients with the identification of their support needs and interfaced with internal resources to provide solutions. Assisted in the development of the Support Desk, and defined all service levels, documentation requirements, escalation rules, as well as internal reporting tools.
- Provided project management to clients installing or modifying the ClearContracts application for the first time.
- Provided user support and training, and prepared end user documentation.
- Successfully worked with multiple physician practices to oversee the installation of the TouchWorks electronic health record EHR application. Responsible to assure all projects stayed within the project scope, cost, and timeframe. Selected by the Area Vice President to work on a new methodology and project plan for the installation of an ASP prescription module.
- Prepared all client project documentation, such as the Statement of Work and project plan.
- Performed monthly executive status reviews, weekly client status meetings, and weekly client updates for the Area vice President.
- Resolved client issues and acted as a client advocate to internal resources.
- Tracked project completion and project budget hours via an enterprise server.
Project Manager/Account Manager
- Led the successful development of the physician office information technology strategy for the state of Ohio in conformance with the goals set forth by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services CMS in their 8th Statement of Work contract. The contract was designed to promote the use of electronic health records in small, medium, and large physician practices
- Created a best practice methodology for the EHR selection and implementation process.
- Developed EHR vendor shows for physicians throughout the state.
- Trained physician office end user staff on population and care management. Established and monitored population/care management workflows to prepare practices for public reporting and pay-for-performance.
- Participated in speaking engagements throughout the state of Ohio as requested by stakeholder groups.
- Developed relationships with information technology vendors to promote CMS quality measures.
- Developed marketing and implementation tools for physician office information technology campaign.
- Hired, supervised, and trained information technology staff. Prioritized workloads and assigned accountabilities.