Dedicated IT professional with extensive managerial experience in the manufacturing, healthcare, and distribution industries. Managed and developed teams within the functional areas of application development and configuration management. Has a history of accepting challenging leadership roles and is a highly motivated change agent with a passion for improving IT processes that support critical business functions.
IT Project Management Consultant and Scrum Master Contract Assignment
- Responsible for defining the project's timeline and scope.
- Manages issues, risk, and action-item log.
- Develops weekly status reports to upper management.
- Manages the daily activities of a twelve-member cross-functional team that consists of one user-experience web designer, three system/business analysts, six Java and .Net developers, and two QA-test analysts.
- Enforces Scrum principles within the team.
- Facilitates Scrum ceremonies daily stand-ups, iteration commitment, and retrospective
- Plans project roadmap and future iterations' work plans and manages the work backlog.
MANAGER, ERP SYSTEMS Manufacturing Supply Chain
- Managed a cross-platform application development team of five responsible for the stability of 58 applications consisting of iSeries RPG legacy ERP systems JBA and PKMS, Windows based .Net web and SaaS applications, as well as interfaces between the various systems.
- Managed company-wide EDI systems and responsible for the data-integration relationships between Bob Evans and their trading partners customers, vendors, and third-party logistics 3PL provider . Facilitated process improvements efforts with these trading partners that resulted in the stability of the order flow and inventory management systems. EDI Documents supported: 850/875, 810/880, 846, 855, 856, 940, 945, 943, 944, and 947.
- Led various projects using a formal SDLC methodology that resulted in management of Scope, Timelines, and Budgets while delivering high-quality business solutions to the manufacturing and supply chain areas. Project accomplishments were: 1 Improved inventory accuracy through radio frequency RF technology, 2 Inventory cost stability by defining item standard cost at the manufactured plant level and 3 Enforcement of terms-of-sales policies and pricing compliance for sales order management. In addition, implemented the Kronos timekeeping system at two Bob Evans facilities which improved data collection accuracy, automated timekeeping process, and consolidated timekeeping systems.
- Integrated system support of an acquired company into Bob Evans' application support model with no additional headcount and assumed full responsibility for the stability of iSeries, and .Net applications, Windows based EDI software and RF technologies.
- Negotiated hardware vendor support contracts and reduced risk and maintenance cost for equipment requiring repair. In addition, renegotiated application software licenses with vendors that reestablished license compliance and eliminated future hardware upgrade cost that would be associated with these software systems.
- Established a cross-training program with second-level support in order to reduce single points of failure and improve support service levels.
- Developed IT-Sox Audit processes within areas of responsibility which delivered high quality, unquestionable and documented results for the Bob Evans' external SOX Auditor.
- Guided master data and system interface mapping efforts from the existing legacy systems to Oracle EBS R.12 Forecast-to-delivery modules .
MANAGER, CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT
- Provided strategic direction to the project team with best-of-practice knowledge in the software delivery process. Improved processes in the areas of Release and Change Management.
- Organizational Improvements:
- Directed a cross-leveraged team of configuration management analysts that supported the deployments of Windows and UNIX based applications.
- Coordinated and executed Release and Change Management functions within the software delivery process.
- Oversaw activities for the IBM Rational Tools software change management system.
- Mentored project members in Configuration Management and software delivery practices.
- Identified gaps in existing software deployment process and implemented improvements which provided increased stability in the software delivery process.