Seasoned and results-oriented senior program/project manager with over 15 years of proven experience leading and delivering complex systems on time and within budget in both the commercial and federal sectors seeking new position in the Charlotte NC metro area. Solid experience managing multi-million dollar time and materials T M and firm fixed price FFP contracts and geographically dispersed cross-functional project teams. Collaborative team player and active learner with the ability to solve problems at both micro and macro levels. Broad skill set includes technical and interpersonal communication skills and a robust analytical ability. Significant experience implementing agile/scrum methodologies with both existing and newly formed project teams. Well-versed in agile/scrum and traditional waterfall development methodologies, PMBOK, CMMI, and managing stakeholder expectations, including C-level executives. Specialties include project management, business process reengineering BPR , business process management BPM , COTS implementation and integration, ERP, SDLC, requirements analysis and management, risk and issue assessment and management, application and system integration, and quality assurance testing.
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Customer Support and Success
- Instituted formal project management processes and procedures for requirements gathering, analysis, and management, quality assurance testing, release deployment, and product backlog.
- Spearheaded turn-around of 2 at-risk projects and delivered both systems within a 6 month period.
- Developed and implemented a formalized support structure for support for systems implemented.
- System Implementation
- Utilized Agile/Scrum techniques to lead the full lifecycle development of an enterprise-wide CRM system with a fully integrated inventory management system and web-based ecommerce site based upon Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Delivered multiple web-based enterprise Business Process Management BPM systems that automated key business processes across a DoD organization. New systems resulted in elimination of manual and labor-intensive processes, improved workload planning capabilities, significant reduction in processing time, improved accountability, real-time reporting and analytical capabilities, and transparency to senior leadership.
- Staff Development
- Built software development team of junior, mid-level, and senior developers from the ground up. Insured junior developers received appropriate training and mentoring.
- Mentored new PMPs with implementing PMBOK guidelines and best practices.
- Manage a portfolio of software development projects supporting the Department of Education ED and the Department of Defense DoD .
- Initiated consolidation of all project schedules into one integrated master schedule IMS to gain better insight into resource allocations and dependencies.
- Revamped all risk management and reporting activities resulting in improved internal and external communications and better value to the end customer.
- Serve as scrum master for all software releases.
- Routinely present project status and financial status reports to executive management.
- Insure software development teams follow Dovel and customer software development methodologies and contribute artifacts and templates to the Dovel project management methodology.
- Responsible for managing quality across all projects.
- Ran the daily operations the IT department including teams of application developers, system architects, database administrators, and network and security staff.
- Responsible for the planning, design, and testing of complex system applications and functions developed in SharePoint, MS Dynamics CRM, C , asp.net, vb.net, java, and other leading technologies ensuring systems and code were properly tested, documented, and delivered on time and within budget.
- Instituted formal project management processes and procedures for requirements gathering, analysis, and management, testing, release deployment, and issue and enhancement management.
- Managed user story generation, story mapping, use case generation, and product backlog.
- Developed and managed project management, training, testing, and risk management plans.
- Lead and managed client and stakeholder interactions and expectations.
- Assessed, monitored and controlled project risks for all IT department projects.
- Liaison between IT department and all other internal departments.
- Built the BPM software development team responsible for creating CRM solutions for the Martinsville Call and Operations Center.
- Employed agile techniques to manage the technical development and deployment of two CRM solutions within a six month period. These solutions automated previously manual processes and provided sophisticated real-time reporting capability including management dashboards.
- Architected system design and functionality.
- Performed quality assurance testing and oversaw user acceptance testing UAT .
- Conducted user training, product demonstrations, and managed the product backlog.
- Developed and managed the BPM team roadmap, change management methodology, support structure, and training activities.
- Program Manager overseeing a multi-million dollar effort to enhance the management, operations, and execution of Washington Headquarters Services' WHS revolving funds and to improve WHS' internal control over financial reporting.
- Served as Deputy Program Manager for the TeraThink WHS program comprised of three inter-related projects and approximately 30 employees and subcontractors.
- Managed the project plan and timeline across multiple projects ensuring appropriate priority is applied to critical path and at risk items.
- Provided PMO support for COTS ERP implementation.
- Conducted weekly program and project status meetings with the customer and key stakeholders.
- Performed risk and issue assessment, management, and mitigation across the program.
- Ensured the appropriate level of integration, coordination, and communication among the individual projects comprising the TeraThink WHS Program.
- Student Information System Integration Manager
- Supported DAU's effort to migrate an existing legacy student registration systems to a commercial-off-the-shelf COTS Student Information System SIS ERP solution in an agile environment.
- Interfaced and worked with DAU senior leadership, contractors, vendors, and DoD Components.
- Developed BPR and Quality Management strategies.
- Supported the standup of SIS PMO.
- Served as a member of the CFO's Technology Council.
- Delivered 5 web-based enterprise Business Process Management BPM systems to the CFO's office that automated key business processes across the organization. Managed each from initiation to system implementation following SDLC and utilizing an iterative approach.
- Conducted weekly customer status meetings and managed customer expectations, issues, and risks.
- Developed and implemented a formalized support structure for support the DAU Business Center.
- Managed and delivered training to functional users and subject matter experts SMEs .
- Managed a 3rd-party independent study analyzing the feasibility of implementing a COTS ERP solution within the DoD environment. Provided oversight of vendor budget.
- Led and facilitated requirements gathering and definition across DAU functional areas and the DoD Components.
- Managed all aspects of Application Integration Group projects, including development estimates LOEs , task assignments, WBS, project plans and scope, risk mitigation plans, quality assurance and system integration testing, and technical support for supported interfaces.
- Routinely briefed, collaborated, and interfaced with Deltek's senior executives.
- Developed testing strategy, use cases, and test plans.
- Created and maintained end-user technical documentation and provided internal training.
- Generated over 500K in License Expansion Revenue and identified new software sales opportunities in a sales territory of 200 Deltek Costpoint and GCS Premier Clients.
- Collaborated with Managing Directors, Client Sales Executives, Product Management, Support Staff, and other departments as necessary to insure customer satisfaction and develop new opportunities.
- Consultant to General Motors GM and Micro Software Services MSS
- GM: Implemented and provided follow-on support for new EDI translation system utilizing Websphere MQ, which included both ANSI and EDIFACT standards.
- GM: Facilitated requirements gathering, analysis, and business process reengineering activities.
- MSS: Worked directly with CEO, CTO, and technical staff from project initiation through implementation to develop custom EDI application to send and receive U.S. Customs data utilizing Websphere MQ and Visual Basic VB6 .