Program Manager, Brand/Revenue Manager, Vehicle Engineering Manager, Chief Engineer
Program/Project/Portfolio Management: Program and Technical Project Management of all National Health Care Reform Project Phases from Planning through Project Control, as well as post-project evaluation with the key customers to assure satisfaction and identify process improvements. IT Technical Background: Strong technical background in both Oracle mainframe applications, Oracle Hyperion suite of COTS applications and client/server reporting tools with knowledge based on hands on experience in database design, scheduling tools, quality assurance, requirements gathering, solution design and architecture. Managed and participated in numerous application development projects, and application support. BCN Vehicle/Automotive Experience: Full Vehicle Program Management managing the Mountaineer and Sable Vehicle lines including 2 feature vehicle launches generating 120 million in incremental profit. Program Manager representing an Interior Supplier to Ford, Technical Program Planning, Project Resource Approval, Strategic Planning, High Level Decision Making Global Engineering Resource Management and Budget Forecasting with Graphical Interface, Department of Energy Loan Audits, Multiple IT Application Development Projects . Capability Profile: A strong leadership track record of ensuring that project plans, scope establishment, requirements gathering, risk management, stakeholder and change management, communication, team building, and progress reporting are completed to the highest standards. Other Attributes: Dedicated to stakeholder satisfaction, achieving high productivity and delivering the highest quality products. Received praise from all employers and colleagues for thoroughness, dedication, analytical ability, customer service, and fostering teamwork Executive Excellence Award winner . Sponsored for the Kellogg Executive Masters Program at Northwestern University by Ford Motor Company.
Key Skills Proficiencies
- Project Mgt Professional Cert PMP by March, 2014 Numerous SharePoint Sites Developed
- Outstanding leadership of cross functional teams Experienced with identifying customer requirements
- Experienced managing vendors suppliers including Senior Management information needs
- Expert with Microsoft Office including MS Project to facilitate business decisions
- Classic Solution Delivery Methodology SDM Extensive Data Analysis Experience including
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning Experience Financial, Quality, Marketing Testing
- Extensive use of Clarity Project/Resource Mgt Extremely successful budget management
- Extensive use of WebQuote eSourcing to Ford Ford WERS 20yrs OEM Supplier Experience
- Confidential Project Manager National Health Care Reform Develop and Lead Pharmacy Operations Workplan to implement National Health Care Reform NHCR at Blue Care Network with a 11,000,000 budget. Implement Resource Management, Vendor Management and Internal IT Timing Workplans to support aggressive launch timing October 1, 2013 Open Enrollment and January 1, 2014 Go Live date. Interface with BCN Program Management Office PMO and to support overall BCN NHCR Master Workplan IT Specific UAT Testing Workplan with aggressive timing, testing complete November, 2013 with a January 1, 2014 Go Live date.
- Managed a 100,000 annual cost savings through negotiating a rate decrease on the per member per month vendor costs for prescription processing.
- Confidential Project Manager Global Financial Shared Services
- Develop and implement project plan to launch General Motor One Card Global Corporate Credit Card in 12 additional countries in the 4 global regions, North America, South America, Europe/Africa and Asia/Pacific.
- Develop and obtain consensus on a Global Corporate policy governing Fleet, Acquisition and Travel and Entertainment Expenses.
- Manage global project budget and cost control including resource requirements for deployment as well as ongoing administration to optimize cost savings as a result of card globalization.
- Development of Global Expense Reporting process flow plans using Visio.
- Confidential Program Manager Vehicle Interior Systems
- Manage all new program development for Ford Motor Company including the next generation Escape and Focus BEV. This includes fulfilling customer requirements, providing quotes, sample testing and launch support.
- Manage all current and past programs including F-Series, Mustang and Edge for current production support and running change implementation.
- Fostering collaborative working relationships to the benefit of the customer as well as S Group.
- Reports to the Managing Director of S Group Automotive.
- Extensive use of WebQuote including eSourcing and particularly NAPTOOL for supplier tooling payment from Ford Motor Company.
- Confidential Technical Program Manager Global Software Upgrades
- Lead for a global team to complete the upgrade of all 450,000 desktops to Internet Explorer 7 and then Internet Explorer 8. This requires confirmation that all web facing applications are compliant for the upgrade.
- Defined scope and developed project compliance requirements and deliverables.
Managed all financial budgets vs. actuals monitoring and comparisons for the entire project using Clarity.
Developed process flow plans using Visio.
- Scheduled transition to lead next project of upgrades to Windows 7.
- Management of global 500,000 annual budget for the project including monthly presentations to stakeholder comparing budget to actual expenditures.
Portfolio Manager Global Resource Management
- Led a cross-functional team to architect and develop the Global Business Operating Plan System Gbops application.
- Gbops consists of a Data Center summarizing monthly Ford Motor Company's Product Development manpower distribution globally and a graphical interface reporting tool.
Developed complete Global Resource Management process flow plan using Visio.
The Data Center update process consists of a nightly Extract, Translate Load from the eWHMS Oracle database to a Sql server. This ETL process and the reporting tool are written in Adobe ColdFusion. Training was provided to 500 users. Reporting was also established using Oracle Hyperion Essbase.
This tool has full profit and loss reporting capability tying back to the Ford Motor Company General Ledger as well as the comparison to the projected forecasts/budgets.
- Consolidated Ford Product Development manpower data globally for 16,000 users into a single Gbops Database and led the migration and training of 3,000 new users in Mexico, Australia, China, India, South Africa, Philippines, Taiwan, Japan and Vietnam.
- Acted as primary point of contact for all Government Grant and Department of Energy loan audits.
- Implemented a financial application for estimation of the 1 billion annual Product Development manpower budget and its allocation to all engineering activities.
. Result Highlights:
- Automated all manpower reporting and tracking administrative functions and management reporting tools for 500 global users resulted in a manpower savings of: 1,145,000.
- Structured reporting of manpower and expenditures enabled Ford to pass eight necessary financial audits, including Price Waterhouse, and Federal reviews.
- R D credits, Department of Energy loans and Government grants supported by documentation provided by the reporting tools improved Ford's cash flow position by: 26 million.
- Improvement of manpower tracking system participation to 99.7 .
- Confidential President Real Estate Development Project Manager
- Managed multi-million dollar real estate holdings with the following objectives: developing residual income, improving property values and revitalizing neighborhoods.
- Purchased, refurbished and sold 20 houses, maintaining an ongoing portfolio of 1,100,000 in real estate holdings.
- Managed all financials including house rehabilitation expenditures, accounts payable and complete general ledger responsibility. This resulted in profits of over 100,000 annually.
Mercury Chief Engineer Feature Vehicle Program Manager
- Developed project plans and budgets while leading the 2002 Mountaineer, Sable and Cougar cross-functional teams through production launch.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive product differentiation strategy for the Mercury Brand, defining the scope of new models.
- Full profit and loss responsibility for all Mercury derivative products. This included cost reduction analysis and prioritization as well as responsibility for the feature vehicle profit analysis including presentation to director level stakeholders for approval.
Implementation of Mercury brand strategy and compelling new vehicle lines increased sales among target buyers youth and female by more than 25 .
Increased profitability by 5 through more profitable feature mix and increased volume.
Expedition Brand Manager
Led a team that developed two Expedition feature vehicles. Also worked on application development with the customer website Xpedition.com to analyze customer data for incorporation into future products.
Launched Expedition feature vehicle in a record 6 months after concept inception, resulting in 11,000 incremental sales and 120 million additional profit.
Sport Utility Vehicle Revenue Manager
Developed and implemented a pricing strategy for all Ford SUVs. This included application development of the financial mix of feature options to project optimized profitability.
2000 Model Year pricing strategy for Escape, Explorer, Expedition Excursion improved Ford truck profits by 120 million over planned budget.
Vehicle Engineering, Program Management Automotive Strategy Positions
- Championed the development of the 1999 Windstar vehicle design specifications which translated Minivan customer wants into engineering requirements.
- Designed and released cooling and exhaust for forward model truck programs.
- Led the team that authored Impact of Computer Aided Engineering on Ford Motor Company Light Truck Cooling Design and Development Processes SAE paper analyzing the use of extensive CAE data in comparison to actual test data for validation of the CAE models. Included in this is the development of the application to analyze the Computation Fluid Dynamics data for use in validating the cooling system performance.
- Design and Release engineering using the WERS system for part change and part release on over 100 different parts on various Ford Truck programs.
Completely designed an all new engine cooling system within extraordinary package and timing constraints for the 1996 5.0L Explorer/Mountaineer.