- Over 20 years of Information Technology experience, including expertise with Project Management, Business Analysis, Systems Engineering, along with coding roots.
- PMP-certified Project Manager, Certified Scrum Master, with expertise in Agile/Scrum, and direct experience of full SDLC Waterfall , RUP/UML and PMBOK fundamentals.
- Adept at managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience with both line and matrixed resource management, including offshore/multiple offices.
- Broad technical experience including eCommerce/B2B/B2C, client/server and legacy applications.
- Varied industry experience: eCommerce, electronics, healthcare, automotive, with ability to step into new environments and quickly adapt and add value.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Confidential
- PM for a leading online email marketing solutions provider.
- Responsible for major application releases and patch releases: managed release planning, timelines and communication for 50 members of Dev/Operations/Client Services/Release/QA departments.
- In charge of Project Governance: defined, implemented and trained Agile/Scrum processes across the organization automated project standards processes for the online collaboration tools Jira, Confluence .
- Managed multiple contractual relationships with software service consulting firms like Oracle, Dell: drafted the SOWs, negotiated terms and pricing, managed the budget, timelines, communication and deliverables.
- Managed hardware vendor contracts and deliverables, then managed the systems and engineering teams to deploy and setup the environments with the new hardware.
- Responsible for all classroom training C and SQL for technical teams across the globe.
- Sr Proj Mgr, Scrum Master for multiple Scrum teams on/off site and off shore that delivered new features. Lead PM for a high visibility 3M project that revamped the entire email marketing application UI and functionality 1 year project : 40 Product/Development/QA/Operations/Release team members in LA, NY and internationally.
Project Manager Consultant Specialist
- Lead all phases from concept to deployment, including disaster recovery of a complex MS SharePoint CRM/BI knowledge management project which was part of a large 400M , multi-year technology implementation for Kaiser Call Centers.
- Managed business, consulting, development Agile/SCRUM technology and testing resources.
- Interfaced with key stakeholders from multiple departments and regions to determine solutions.
- Conducted business impact and cost/benefit analysis evaluations, and presented to senior management the recommended course of action.
- Managed the IT project plan, resource tasks and objectives, key milestones, risks, dependencies and timeline.
Senior Project Manager, Operations 2 years
- Lead PM. Managed all phases of development of the Sales Force Automation SFA database, web MS SharePoint , CRM/BI infrastructure and process improvement projects for the sales compensation payroll department. Team consisted of 6 developers, 3 support specialists, 1PM. Used MS SQL 2005, MS SharePoint, MS Access, MS Project, Visio, UML, MS SQL Server.
- Multiple responsibilities included: Product Manager in charge of defining business objectives, Project Manager for leading a development team and implementing the objectives, Quality Manager responsible for test plans and testing, Business Analyst for evaluating and then proposing new processes and improvements, Training Manager responsible for training the business and sales support teams.
- Used PMP standards for all phases of the projects: Project Charter, Risk Management plan, Communications plan, WBS, and MS Project for managing timelines and deliverables.
- Data warehousing experience: SQL server was used for storing and extracting information for payment. SQL server used for data dumping from other servers like Finance before performing calculations and payments. Wrote all specifications with regard to extracting and data dumping. Wrote specifications for database design.
Senior Project Manager 6 mo contract
Main PM. Managed activities for the launch of MonsterTRAK.com college portal for Monster.com Software: Ruby, Ajax. . Reported to the VP of Technology.
- Responsible for the Release planning activities and interfaced with the Product, Development, QA and Release teams to ensure a quality delivery.
- Tracked and reported on the project status and progress, and provided data analysis impacting sales to the VP.
eBusiness Senior Project Manager 8 mo contract
- Managed the development of web projects JSP, Java , for a 3B medical company.
- Managed the complete SDLC for a CRM/BI web project which captured client information and had corporate wide impact on sales
- Had multiple consultant responsibilities: Project Manager to manage the timelines, progress and deliverables with the development team of 7 programmers, graphic designers and QA Product Manager to define the business requirements, business and functional design QA manager to write test plans and validate deliverables. Used UML, documented in FRD, MS Project, and Visio.
Project Manager and Hands on Software Developer
- Managed the development of 9 Microsoft Windows applications that were used to:
- create embedded software for remotes
- access SQL databases Data Warehousing: storing and retrieving data from SQL Server
- create data files for internet applications
- Defined requirements using UML, Agile for fast delivery. Used Scrum methods.
- Consulted to management regarding direction, performance, and opportunities proposed enhancements.
- Data warehousing experience 5 years : SQL server was used for storing and extracting information. Wrote specifications for database design. Hands on experience coding in MySQL.
Project Manager and Consultant, Hands on Developer
- Consulted to startup businesses, one a video images company and the other a Yahoo Store website that sold consumer electronics. The website reached 1 selling status on Yahoo Store search within 3 months of operation.
- Created the project plans BRD, risk management plan and managed the projects from concept to implementation.
- Acted as Business Analyst and defined the CRM strategies: marketing, customer policies, operating procedures, website maintenance and updates, cost/operating margins, revenue stream, competitive pricing strategies, promotional campaigns, SEO.
- Set up the financial infrastructure: lines of credit, bank accounts and credit card processing for eCommerce.
Project Manager and Hands on Software Engineer
- Managed software projects for an industrial machinery manufacturer.
- Performed software development C, C , Device Drivers, Microsoft Windows , testing and implementation for a Real Time Embedded System micro-controller chips .
- Acted as a Business Analyst to define the functionality and operational specifications for the machinery. Used SDLC to develop business and technical design documents.
- Acted as Product Owner: met with customers to install and evaluate machine performance reported to management feedback and proposed enhancements for future releases.