- Over 17 years combined IT experience in Environment, Security, Project MGMT, Data Warehousing, VMWare, Patch, Build and CM & Release management. Managerial experience in IT operations and security management as Asst Manager with leading IT conglomerates. The positions provided extensive experience in IT operations management, which includes long - term technology strategy, project management, vendor management, SLA management.
- Following industry proven and corporate standards for Security implementation and maintenance of Environments, Build and Patch management solutions.
- Strong team leader covered across the globe. Ability to manage multiple complex projects and has an aptitude for learning will work “hands on”. Good Interpersonal and communication skills, Fast Learner & Enjoy Team Work.
- Strong experience in change/problem/incident management. Participated in CM plan review sessions and providedadministrative support to CAB & CCB meetings.
- Significant experience and knowledge in new computing architectures and implementation of network & Email solutions.
- Managed financial resources / budgetary responsibilities to meet goals and multiple projects, assessing technology strategy, infrastructure/architecture and resources, worked with multiple vendors.
Hardware: HP Super Dome 2, C7000 Chasis, Blades
O/S: HPUX 11.31, RHEL 6, Window Server 2008 R2 (64 bit), Solaris, AIX
Network: Firewall Check Point, Juniper, Fortinet, HP & Cisco (Routers, Switches, LoadBalancers), Tivoli, Cisco (Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Load Balancers, IPS), Nexus 7k/5k/2k, Citrix Netscaler, F5 LTM/GTM, Brocade, HP, Tipping Point, Toplayer, IBM Proventia ISS, Microsoft, Linux, 3 Tier Network architecture, Provided Managed Services via Cloud-like solution
Security: PHI standards
Storage: HP NAS, TB SAN Storage
Virtualization: Citrix, Microsoft. Hardware: HP, IBM
Tools: ESL, Service anywhere, APM, OEM 12c, Symantec BackupExec & Veritas, Net Backup, Tripwire
Email Solutions: Linux, MS-Exchange 4.11
Front End: Delphi 3.0, Developer 2000, Visual FoxPro, VB, MS-Access
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/8i/7.x, SQL Server Borland Interbase 4.2, Sybase 4.1/S10
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Clipper, Java
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Project Manager Data Center & Security Manager
- Hands-on experience leading all stages of system development efforts, including requirements definition, design, architecture, testing, and production support.
- Track record of increasing responsibility in secure network design, systems analysis and development, and full lifecycle project management.
- Outstanding leadership abilities; able to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating, and leading project teams.
- Adept at developing effective security policies and procedures, project documentation and milestones, and technical/business specifications
- Works collaboratively with clients and stakeholders - both external and internal to research, elicit, analyze, validate and document business requirements, and correctly representing all stakeholders.
- Works with team in identifying, developing, and leading innovation initiatives in network and security arena with involvement in technology selection/improvement and deployment, researching new technologies.
- Lead the end to end effort for Patch Management in coordination with Oracle team for Windows and AIX environments. Daily Code Deployments. Coordinated with development and release planning team.
- PM for Information Security for HPUX Technology Migration, VMware from Sun Solaris (HPUX/Tech Refresh Objectives)
- Assist in the oversight, management, and implementation of Information Security initiatives and projects.
- Facilitate project communication and coordination between information security team members, business and project units, and internal and external stakeholders. Assists with the development and maintenance of project plans.
- Track progress and resolve project delays.
- Facilitate meetings, prepare timeline reports on the progress and status of project milestones, and organize the project, its participants, stakeholders, and deliverables.
- Drive projects that have varying level of complexity in nature from conception through completion to include scope, time, and cost.
- Insure cooperation and timely completion of Information Security priorities throughout the organization.
- Developed DB refresh strategy process document in discussion with client (DB Refresh and Data fix activities). Coordinate and Facilitate data refresh on a given, agreed-upon schedule with required resources to this process for example: Stakeholders, Environment Owners, Data Base Architect (DBA), Technical, Infrastructure, Project Management and Test teams determine required, adequate ‘lead time’ for data request and data staging in order to organize effort from requested stakeholders track details of the request and facilitate its fulfillment.
- Brought in improvisations in environment release updates, developed technical templates depicting complete set activities to be completed by individuals. Kick off meeting, coordination with DBA, 12 COTS, CM and RM teams followed by smoke testing, resolve issues before hand over the environments.
- Reporting to the Chief Technologist and managing the implementation and maintenance of pre-production environments across a similar scale global enterprise.
- Have a broad and sufficiently deep understanding of enterprise technologies including Network, Firewall, Client/Server, Database, and Backup/Restore.
- Manage and maintain multiple test environments 24 x 7 and experience with leading trouble-shooting efforts 24 x 7 and IT emergency responses.
- Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to efficiently manage the environment status; using a combination of processes, existing tools and enhancements.
- Attend the Program Release board, working closely with CM and release team, development and testing teams, EY ITS Service Delivery Teams, operations groups and change management for the planning, managing.
- Command skills & Multitasking - Ability to drive and command activities across all levels and multiple teams, clearly and confidently voicing and disseminating information and processes to large groups.
- Communication - Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus with strong verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge, skills and abilities required to manage, and report to senior management, the resolution and business impact of complex IT issues.
- Advanced knowledge of "business impact analysis" process for assessing impact to business or changes or problems in the IT systems supporting the business
- Project Manager for Security Vulnerabilities and World Writable Directories without Sticky Bit security audit.
- Create and maintain information technology project plan that communicates tasks.
- Assist technical team in design and development tasks.
- Identify servers that are affected and directories that are world writeable.
- Define what type of data is in these directories.
- Worked with 12 Application teams and SA’s to complete security tasks. Prior experience and solid knowledge of IT Networking.
- Knowledgeable in areas of VPN, Servers, Firewalls, Access Platforms, Vulnerability and Risk Assessment.
- Good understanding of the Information Management principles; architecture and technologies.
- Implemented Information Security principals, practices, and policies.
- Adopted excellent skills including planning; estimating; execution and reporting to Chief Technologist.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Configuration and Build Lead
- Produce SCM metrics and determine areas for improvement.
- Provide administrative support to CCB Chair CCB meetings.
- Create and maintain CM Plan, Change Management plan, and release management plan
- Continuously audit baselines, Perform milestone readiness reviews.
- Brought in Process improvements for VDD, Release Management, DB Restores, and Patch Management as part of HP EDGE Platform tools.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Implemented Change Management for Operational Tasks & Voluntary Support to Environment Manager Role.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Oracle Patch Management Lead/Java Build & Deployment/AIX Administration
- Lead the Manual Patch Management (Application and Database) (Extraction of Patches from Oracle Support Site, Documentation for defects and Design Doc’s, Analyze, Build, Verify, Test and Install on all 40 environments (DEV, Test and Production)
- Development of batch flow modules in TWS basing on the Visio diagram as designed by respective developers.
- Weekly Release creation, Java Code Deployments, Soft data Migrations and Data Change Requests.
- Attend weekly CAB and Release Management meetings.
Confidential, Frankfort, KY
BO Admin, Build & Oracle Patch Management, Oracle Apps DBA
- Patch Management (Analyze, Build, Verify, install on all Environments and Maintain & update Audit Spreadsheet.
- Implemented BO XI R2, Crystal Reports (Production Environment) on windows 2003 and Integrated with application.
- Perform monitoring, administration & troubleshooting of Oracle databases.
- Respond to trouble tickets and customer requests.
- Monitor and troubleshoot database backups, disk space, and server availability.
- Setup, configuration and management of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Deploy application, database & OS upgrades as required.
ASST MANAGER (IT OPERATIONS)
- Data Center Migration- Design, Estimation, BOM, Vendor finalization of cost effective Networking Architecture for Data Center Infrastructure, Voice, Security system.
- Technical Lead for Core ERP (Oracle/Linux) Team activities included participation in RFP, vendor and technical discussions and derivation of hardware and software. Visited respective ERP
- Successful data center migrations for TPL’s Hardware, both production and disaster recovery,
- Both moves required infrastructure and network builds, assessment, procurement, planning and execution.Responsible for multiple teams including infrastructure, network, Intel, Linux and storage.
- Managed team of up to one hundred resources including contractors, vendors and client employees.
- Provided expertise for requirements definitions for several projects.
- Responsible for providing project documentation on all projects including schedules, issue/action/risk logs, executive presentations, project policies and procedures, organizational charts, communications plans and best practices documents.
- Skilled at resource management, issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Monitored spending for adherence to budget plans developed and recommend variances for oversees budget analysis.
- Formulated Information Security Audit and IT Infrastructure Capacity Assessment policies. (Audited by E &Y)
- Employee Performance appraisal (BSC, PP & SLA), recruitment/hiring, Induction & Training.