- I have a 20 year track record of IT Project Management experience, with specific expertise in Agile methods to align diverse stakeholder interests and delivery resources to meet business goals.
- I ve successfully Scrumed complex projects, Confidential by establishing strong working relationships with colleagues and vendors to enable nimble response to changing priorities.
- My recent experiences standing up new scrum teams for Confidential Digital Customer Program and Digital Messaging Program.
- I am currently applying Lean Process improvement practices and Kanban metrics to improve scrum team workflow for my teams, including Vertical Story Slicing, ATDD. Technical initiatives include DevOps introduction, full stack teams, migration to AWS including Docker, Lambda, Elastic Search.
- I have managed multiple vendors, including disengaging vendors from an outsourcing deals while maintaining good relationships when the due diligence did not support the business case.
- I ve recovered projects by fixing broken relationships and integrated vendor processes by collaborating with business, legal and technical leaders.
- I have experience successfully leading projects that cross technology platforms (from core legacy systems to new mobile & omni - channel) using management styles appropriate to each group. Succeeding with mobile requires specific creative, design, development and testing practices.
- Succeeding with Regulatory requires different focus; I have experience with Scrumming end-to-end new development projects as well as recovering regulatory projects.
SKILLS / TOOLS / Applications: PMO, IT Portfolio Management, Application Management, SDLC, PMLC, Mainframe, Distributed, Web, Internet, Waterfall, SCRUM, Kanban, RUP, Scaled Agile Framework, SAF, Agile, Iterative, Business Transformation, Change Management (including HR impacts, Training, Communications). Onshore / Offshore outsourcing ( Confidential, Confidential, Cognizant, Sapient, iGate, Xerox), Vendor Management, Marketing, Sales, Multiple Vendor Projects, Offshore Development, Offshore QA, Pega, CRM, AWS, Java, Oracle, DB2, ETL, Websphere, .NET, SQL Server, BizTalk, Microsoft, Middleware, Enterprise, Application Architecture, Business Architecture, SOA, Regulatory, AML, CCAR, Fed, MDM, Master Data Management, Commercial, Credit, Lending Systems, Financial Services, Commercial Financial Services, Credit Collateral, P&C Insurance, Life Insurance, Policy Admin, Producer Admin, Underwriting, Claims, Payments Processing, Banking Applications, Mainframe, Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse, CRM, Call Centre, Front Office, Back Office, Requirements, Development, Integration, Testing, Implementation, Pilot, Transition, PMI, PMBOK, ITIL, MIKE, Visio, MS Project, Excel, Word, Rally, Clarity, Rational Tools, Version One, Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MSF for Agile, CMMI, PM, Governance, HP Quality Centre, SAP, Baan FASAT, Ingenium, LifeSuite, D+H CreditPath, ExactBid RIMMS, Rockall STOC.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Agile Coach/Scrum Master
- As scrum master guided agile ceremonies, ensured compliance with program norms and Confidential standards.
- As scrum master, stood up new scrum team for Digital Messaging release train, later migrated team from Confidential to Jira.
- Plano scope included ATDD, frameworks to assist AWS migration, Lambda, Elastic Search, team owned performance testing and Dockerization.
- As scrum master, introduced anonymized retro methods, vertical story slicing, improved grooming cadence, migrated to Jira and began lean process improvements with an existing team.
- As scrum master, updated another Plano, TX API consulting/onboarding team to full Kanban, including migration to Jira.
- As scrum master for two teams in Commercial Credit, transitioned teams to two week sprints, and to Jira.
- Technical scope included migration to Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (release when ready strategies).
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Scrum Master and Agile Coach
- Launched new development projects for Claims and Product Development using Agile methods in a large multi-site insurance company.
- Projects included migration to shared services, new vendor relationships and executing with inexperienced IT resources.
- Agile coach for new teams, Scrum Master for key project to accelerate delivery and reduce risk. TFS plus Confidential .
- Multiple teams, distributed locations, with senior executive engagement.
Confidential, Dearborn, Michigan
Scrum Master and Agile Coach
- Replaced waterfall PM to accelerate Global Data/BI project by using Confidential ’s Agile Framework to adapt standard systems to new markets.
- Rapidly integrated with local country dealer systems using mix of local and offshore teams to execute Agile/SCRUM within large company governance processes.
- Introduced Test Driven Development.
- Coached multiple teams, including offshore PMs and infrastructure PMs, with senior executive engagement.
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
Scrum Master and Project Manager
- Lending Transformation Initiatives to reengineer commercial lending business processes from application to loan booking and implement new software (D+H Credit Path for Loan Origination, Microsoft Dynamics for CRM).
- Introduced Agile/SCRUM approaches into Waterfall environment to enable faster delivery of Regulatory CCAR, AML & Master Data Management while building teams across organizational silos for projects for Business Banking and Commercial Credit / Collateral (using Java, Oracle integrated with core banking on mainframe and mobile banking).
- Recovered Commercial Real Estate Appraisal Project by changing direction from custom build to cloud/ASP vendor system as Scrum Master.
- Multiple teams, including offshore PMs and infrastructure PMs.
Scrum Master and Project Manager
- Project included expansion of Illustrations to smartphones and tablets.
- Recovered Canada Life Division regulatory project delivering under budget.
- Recovered Confidential project delivering early and under budget.
- Projects executed in an onshore/offshore outsourced model ( Confidential ) with mixed vendors, with multiple PMs, using mix of web, mobile and legacy Policy Admin/New Business technologies. Introduced Agile/SCRUM methods to increase delivery speed and reduce cost.
- Managed business case and due diligence phase of outsourcing to Xerox of all enterprise document management (mail room to Documaker print).
- Business Project Manager for planning pilot, training, rollout to call centre / backoffice and HR impacts of New Business Transformation. TFS including Team Build.
Project Manager, Applications Development
- Managed Wealth and Business Banking front office technical projects in an onshore/offshore vendor model using Microsoft CRM and Adobe Flex.
- Projects included Confidential Online Banking and Lending.
- Managed relationship with external creative agency for Confidential Brand Marketing for Web/Mobile.
Project/Program Manager, Applications Development
- Managed various cross line of business technical projects for online banking channels (including web identity & access management, call center, backoffice, consent capture) in a onshore/offshore multi-vendor model with multiple PMs, on Pega / Oracle / Java / Websphere/ Mainframe.
- Project included DataWarehouse integration using Pega BiX to extract Pega Workflow data for Business Activity Monitoring of customer behaviors for improved call centre hand-off/follow-up. Agile/SCRUM methods used where appropriate within Confidential SDLC/PMLC.
- Omni-channel included Mobile (iOS and Android).
Project/Program Manager, Property & Casualty Applications Development
- Managed recovery of troubled Java development project.
- Application developed using Web 2.0 frameworks (JSF, Facelets) on Java / Websphere / Oracle in SOA (PEGA, MQ, other services).
- Development environment used RUP, Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest. Recovery required deep technical engagement of development resources using pragmatic ‘real world’ PM principals, combined with executive stakeholder relationship building (VP, SVP levels).
- Business Project Manager for new commercial system implementation to all locations, including training, stakeholder communication, rollout strategy to multiple offices / call centres, day two support and ongoing enhancements.
Portfolio Manager, Property & Casualty
- Extended Agile/SCRUM methods introduced for Regulatory Portfolio to Rating & Rules engine/CRM/Underwriting/Policy Admin, Claims Enhancements to capture cost savings from the 30% delivery cycle time reduction.
- Introduced ‘focused rigor’ for Maintenance portfolio management to lay groundwork for adding offshore (iGate) workstream.
- Collaborated with Business Sponsor on approaches to increase project responsiveness to change (regulatory and product).
- Assigned by Senior IT executive for Insurance to share agile methods with enterprise process team for in corporation into new fast path update to existing CMMI processes.
- Extended Confidential Insurance applications into Confidential mobile platform.
- Developed new processes to rapidly build models and validate efficiently with time-constrained functional area senior management (across acquisitions)
- Balanced quick start (using hired consultants) with a long term strategy of transition to a core team of permanent staff.
- Selected and hired four core Business Process Modelers (newly defined role).
- Quickly restructured deliverables and schedules to adapt to executive request to leverage new processes for post-acquisition Business Readiness Project.
- Managed procurement and vendor relationship with Confidential for WBM (Websphere Business Modeler) tool.
- Managed relationships with Business Areas for integration with Online for Lending and Personal Banking.
- Developed and executed new workproducts to fill gaps in existing SDLC process (to take advantage of SOA in the development life cycle).
- Increased speed and reduced training time by introducing a Service Engagement Model and Service Contract template to enable earlier definition of interfaces and more rigorous project management control
- Planned integration of Life Insurance Illustration with new systems.
- Accelerated the introduction of new SOA technologies into areas less familiar with SOA by isolating application teams from the ‘new’ technologies/methods by using a ‘contract’ to define how the middleware team engages with each application team.
- Transitioned new artefacts to corporate COE and newly formed steady-state team.
- Managed relationships with technical teams integrating with Online Banking.
- Segmented project application portfolio by business need (time-to-market vs. high volume vs. security) and formalized appropriate Project Management methods for each practice area: Rapid Development used Notes and VB, high-volume used three-tier web (Java, J2EE, Websphere, DB2, Mainframe) and static information used secure portals.
- Successfully transformed department of 20-60 IT specialists and Project Managers in an ‘application portfolio management’ organization with global clients.
- Developed new Project Managers by combining PMI training, personal coaching and managed delegation of projects from program portfolio of 30-90 projects .
- Leveraged technical architecture frameworks (Design Patterns, Java, J2EE, RDBMS) to accelerate delivery of web applications (9month cycles reduced to 90day cycles)
- Reduced application maintenance costs by 50% by standardizing and sharing services, releasing funding for new initiatives.
- Introduced Project Management elements of Agile Methodologies for rapid development (tailored from SCRUM, ASD-Adaptive Software Development, DSDM - Dynamic System Development Model, eXtreme Programming)
- Standardized processes for better management for mission critical applications (SEI/CMM, UML, RUP)
- Contributed reusable Project Management templates and workproducts to Confidential PM process repositories to enable entire development organization to execute rapid, overlapping, multi-phase development.
- Integrated SEI/CMM level 2&3 requirements into rapid development processes.
- Portfolio included GPS MobiText, GPRS Mobile applications.
- Consulted on business change from paper workflow to electronic/imaging workflow solutions for CTAL.
- Managed Year 2000 services and Unix to NT migration for LCBO. Project included implementation of 14,000+ point of sale devices, 600+ NT servers at 600+ locations. Challenges included UNIX vs. NT infrastructure incompatibilities, legacy code migration from ActiveX and WAN issues.
- Recovered a Java based Personal Banking project based on AIT, NT, Websphere, DB2 for CIBC.
- Led team of 24 IT professionals, introducing accelerated development techniques and a newly developed Java architecture framework to shorten timelines.
- Managed Online Personal Banking and self-service IVR project for BMO mBanx. Project spanned three years, using OS/2 clients, AIX servers with C++ based customer middleware and MVS host systems.
- Involved in selection of appropriate technologies for automation of bank call centre processes. Drove innovative use of remote system management (>500 workstations, three call centre) to increase call centre agent productivity.