- A talented, forward thinking IT Software development and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Project Management Professional with a solid background in formulating cost effective solutions for technology investment, development, migration and implementation.
- Visionary leader in defining technology directives and design in order to meet challenging business needs.
- Proven ability to build, direct, and mentor collaborative software development teams in offshore and onshore environments
- Strategic planner with strong Project Management technical qualifications in building and improving software development processes involving agile (Scrum) and waterfall methodologies
- Proficient in application design, RDBMS concepts, application integration, content management and directing product launches
- Highly focused in end - to-end software development (SDLC), project management lifecycle (PMLC) methodologies and practices from proof of concept, requirements gathering and coding, to final programmer and user testing and implementation.
- ITIL Foundation v3 certified
Technology Needs Assessment
Strong Project Management CSM
Supply Chain & Logistics
Building Software and BI Frameworks
Strong Business Acumen
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Cross Functional Management
Business Analysis/Requirements Gathering
Risk Assessment & Management
ITIL Processes and Procedures Driven
Software Development Life Cycle
Project Management Life Cycle, SDLC, Agile (Scrum), EDI, Jira, Confluence, Oracle, Subversion, Oracle Portal CMS, Liferay Portal, Alfresco, Visio, Excel, MS Project. PowerPoint, SugarCRM Marketing Tool, (product), Concursive CRM Marketing Tool (development), LDAP, basic network security and infrastructure, Windows 7, 8, MAC OS Leopard, Mavericks and Yosemite, UNIX, Linux, Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, RS/6000
- Excelled in managing projects within budgets that delivered Return on Investments (ROI) based on company ROI studies.
- Successfully enabled multiple platform changes on the company’s legacy systems including migration of a SaaS solution for a Logistics platform and enhance, grow and automate product returns and expand vendor cross docking capabilities for multiple distribution centers.
- These systems were implemented to improve front and back end efficiencies, customer and vendor service and satisfaction leading to increased profitability.
- Managed projects using, Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall methodologies while practicing within PMI guidelines.
- Executed the project kickoff, planning, assessment, and risk mitigation of all projects
- Provided leadership while mentoring the assigned teams, assisting them in accomplishing their goals, policies, objectives and procedures
- Developed complex project plans, worked with users to understand problems and risks; focused on resolution and escalated if necessary to meet timelines and/or budget constraints
- Innovated and produced project dashboards, project metrics and status reports to Sponsors and Stakeholders using Confluence and Jira collaborative software
- Created, authored and approved all Business and Functional Requirements
- Managed and coordinated daily standup Scrum meetings
- Created, authored, approved and coordinated all User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Quality Assurance tasks and product release plans including post implementation testing
- Documented a thorough assessment of the project management practices and innovated improved and published customized hybrid project management methodologies to accommodate agile and waterfall paths. Worked within a Center Of Excellence Committee to execute new project management standards and practices
Project Manager/Scrum Master
Confidential, Santa Barbara, California
- Successfully executed the planning and development of a 220k Web-based Strategic
- Collaborative platform using open source software for a major Supply Chain Management company using Liferay Enterprise Edition, Java, and a MySQL back end. Acted as a single point of contact on all development efforts using Agile (Scrum) Software Development Methodologies.
- Managed a group of talented offshore and on-shore team members in the architecture and development of this platform.
- Monitored Projects statistics, created status reports, provided presentations to senior staff, performed accurate financial and resource forecasting, and monitored project budget. Engaged in planning, assessment, and risk mitigation
- Created and Managed product backlogs, performed consistent product grooming
- Created burn down charts to increase project efficiency timelines and track resources by task
- Worked with users to understand problems and risks; focused on resolution and escalated if necessary to meet timelines
Project Manager/Scrum Master
Confidential, Reading, Pennsylvania
- Scoped, Managed and executed the development of a 500k Web-based Strategic
- Collaborative platform using open source software for a major Truck Leasing and Logistics company using Liferay Enterprise Edition 6.1, Alfresco 4.0, Java, and a Oracle 11i back end.
- Managed a group of talented offshore and onshore team members in the architecture and development of this platform.
- Completed business and systems analysis documentation as related to project scope
- Performed risk mitigation, created traceability matrix, and provided project visibility to senior level management through status reports, presentations, project metrics, financial analysis and budget forecasting
- Provided post migration support, and expertise to the assigned team
Confidential, Mt Laurel, New Jersey
Manager, Application Development/Scrum Master
- Managed 30 Software Engineers and 1 Contractor.
- Partnered with external contractors and offshore Developers to facilitate development of the systems and upgrades.
- Provided leadership and direction to upgrade and launch the company’s system while improving software development processes and best practices.
- The system manages over 3 million s and was built on an Oracle 11i database platform using a Struts framework
- Directed the development of the company portal system using Scrum methodology in collaboration with the Solutions Architects to design, build and implement portal technology within the organization.
- Developed a strategy to design custom-built portlet dashboards using Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for executive management.
- The site was built on the Liferay platform
Confidential, Horsham, PA
Manager, Application Services
- Provide leadership for the company’s web, and business intelligence platforms with a focus on project management and product implementations in an open source environment.
- Foster growth, mentorship and direction for an internationally distributed development team in Ontario and Pennsylvania.
- Created a comprehensive assessment of the company’s application services and provided recommendations regarding the improvement of its web and business intelligence platforms.
- Successful in multiple process development initiatives and 3 project implementations within the first 100 days.
- Executed the strategy, planning and implementation of an additional 3 mid-scale application development projects including CRM, web, and business intelligence using open source PHP, cakePHP framework, and Pentaho business intelligence automation platform.
- Managed project end-to-end delivery of a 750k in-house 100 user CRM system
- Directed and implemented the re-engineering and re-skinning of the PHP based external corporate web site, with focus on next generation development and design (Web 2.0). The site was built on the Drupal CMS platform
- Partnered with external contractors in Toronto to build an enterprise data warehouse on PostgreSQL platform.
Confidential, Fort Washington, PA
Manager, Software Development
- Provided leadership, direction, and mentorship for an elite team of professional software and database developers resulting in the delivery of high quality custom software products using Zend framework for PHP and Java platform, J2EE (1.4).
- Provided leadership in designing and delivering product solutions that met changing business needs and delivered transparency back to the business
- Spearheaded development of key software development best practices by implementing effective processes for code standardization, delivery and change management
- Developed external vendor relationships, partnering multiple solutions to enhance application performance and functionality
- Improved the software development lifecycle practicing waterfall and agile methodologies
- Directed and launched the functional re-design and re-skin of the Corporate Intranet and Extranet using Oracle Portal.
- Increased Broker network leads by 20% to strengthen marketing strategy
- Championed the selection and implementation of a customer relationship management system (SugarCRM) for 700 users supporting Interbay’s Marketing campaigns
- Supported project lifecycle while allocating resources for development and
- Managed the company’s business intelligence efforts by directing the development of key database applications.
- Increased overall efficiency in expanding the volume and accuracy of email/fax blasting, trend analysis, segmentation analysis, campaign management and other CRM Reporting initiatives through automation by 90%
Confidential, Miami, FL
Senior Software Developer/Product Manager
- Served as Lead Architect and Senior Software Developer designing and building back office solutions.
- Significantly decreased processing times for a loan closing documents application.
- As Product Manager, worked with external vendors to partner solutions with in-house applications.
- Developed and enhanced a mission critical loan closing package application thereby reducing each transaction by 75% over its original processing time
- Developed a highly successful testing and implementation strategy for several financial applications.