- Extensive experience as a Senior Business Analyst and Project Management in the Financial industry, with a solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, PMO/Governance, Translating Requirements into Specifications and Application Design.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients, prospects, and business partners.
- Experience in the areas of Brokerage, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Capital Markets, Mortgage Business, Mutual Funds, Private Banking, Asset Management, and Financial Trading.
- Business Analyst/ Project manager with 8 years of industry experience & solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Assesses presenting problems with appropriate project scope and decomposes problems to identify root causes.
- Manages client expectations and project scope actively with an approach designed to engender project success and extend goodwill.
- Identifies the implications of proposed solutions on people, processes, technology, strategy, and structure.
- Expert in building an TEMPeffective business case for proposed solutions.
- Expertise in Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flow, Client Interaction and Business Process Modeling and working in complex, cross - functional and geographically dispersed team environments
- Experience in developing detailed functional specifications through JAD sessions, interviews, on-site meetings with business users and development team
- Excellent problem-solving skills with solid Capital Markets knowledge to provide business knowledge and support for developers identifying data and functional requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specifications (URS), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Use Case Document and User Stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Proficient in coordinating review, revisions, changes, enhancements, testing, documentation, and member notification of product enhancements and/or business opportunities
- Confident in working with Stakeholders during UAT to ensure reports meet requirements and deliveries are signed-off
- Experienced in leading and collaborating on the conduction of Scrum ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Daily Stand-Up Meeting, and Retrospective Meetings
SDLC: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
BA/PM Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint, HP ALM
Languages and Technology: SQL, Linux, Python, Java, XML, FIX Protocol, Swift.
Tools: and Databases: MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Access, Oracle, MS SQL, VeriFix, Balsamiq
Confidential, New York, NY
- Owned and directed both the strategy and tactics around the PMO delivering strong value to the business by managing scope, budget and time across all projects
- Facilitated Project Review Board meetings dat drive the organization in making decisions on project priority, approval, denial, suspension, and removal
- Conducted meetings and interviews with Subject Matter Experts (SME) database administrators to apprehend the business process, business rules, and data requirements
- Lead the establishment, maintenance, tracking and communication of project-level key success metrics in the areas of revenue, cost savings and member experience
- Lead the organization in an ongoing agile transformation blending both waterfall and agile toolsets and methodologies as measured in quantified value delivered
- Responsible for Adequately managing the scrum process throughout projects to ensure all teams are on track with deadlines and requirements
- Accumulated customer requirements from various stakeholders through JAD sessions, brainstorming, personal and group interviews to develop an architectural solution dat an application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requirements
- Responsible for Organization-level Governance, Control, Procedures of the whole project life cycle
- Liaised between product and technical teams to the purpose of ensuring technical teams have sufficient information to complete designing, coding, testing, and implementation phases of the project life cycle
- Communicated client’s business requirements by constructing easy-to-understand data and process models
- Worked with the front office to develop and execute UAT plan including assistance with complete documentation and result archiving
- Translated stakeholder requirements into over 10 different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, user cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams
- Advised on Finance domains with exposure to Capital Markets, Securities, Credit Risk, and Trading: Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives, and Foreign Exchanges
- Conducted Knowledge Transfer for end-users to understand processing needs and interfaces with development teams to design and deliver systems enhancements to improve the workflow systems efficiency and TEMPeffectiveness
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables of a project
Confidential, Jersey city, NJ
Senior Business Analyst /Project manager
- Conducted JAD sessions with various stakeholders to develop application design and architecture based on the business requirements, discuss and resolve open issues, discuss change requests and document them in an orderly fashion
- Documented business specifications from the clients, users, developers, designers and SME’s for a complete understanding of the business process and application to transform them into meaningful technical specifications and functional specification for the software development
- Wrote Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specifications (URS), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS)
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential Business Processes, Business Rules, and Information needs dat ensures any Critical Requirements are not missed
- Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows, and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the Business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Followed the UML based methods using Microsoft Visio to create: Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Presented Weekly/Monthly Project Status reports describing the status quo to date, the impact of issues and changes in requirements necessary to the clients and getting sign off from them for the same
- Created internal/external client presentations to all levels of the business line from staff to VPs outlining key takeaways and recommended action
- Worked closely with PM to prepare project estimates by running cost-benefit analysis, identifying time, personnel, and equipment costs; establishing timelines and milestones
- Participated in Validation, Verification and Acceptance testing with customers in the UAT environment
- Served as a liaison between application systems department, Business Users and Customers in defining business systems requirements, procedures and practices to implement changes to increase the efficiency of the business unit
- Used the guidelines of Waterfall to strategize the Implementation of Waterfall methodology.
- Providing daily status updates to the client and module leads.
- Worked on Payment applications to update the application with the tool named direct payment integrator.
- Worked as an Interface between the Users and the different teams involved in the application development for a better understanding of the Business and IT Processes.
- Also conducted the User Acceptance Testing by presenting analyses and test results.
- Responsible for providing analytical support in the Design, Development, and Implementation of projects.
Confidential, Orlando Fl
Senior Business Analyst
- Wrote Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specifications (URS)
- Conducted JAD sessions with various stakeholders to discuss and resolve open issues, discuss change requests and document them in an orderly fashion
- Interacted with the fixed income investment broker officers and understood their need in fixed income trading on behalf of the clients.
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing Business and system functional requirements and for understanding and translating these needs into Business Requirement Specification (BRS) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) documents.
- Prepared the UML Use Cases using Rational Rose.
- Interacted with the Users by interviewing them, preparing questionnaires and getting feedback.
- Supported IT unit creating functional specification documents for the design, development, and implementation of projects.
- Supported the assigned project manager with creating detailed project plans and assisted in developing, scheduling, and tracking project timelines.
- Supported project governance and provided regular project communications to the project manager and business areas.
- Performed data analysis using SQL to generate portfolio summary reports; the system used this information to generate reports analyzing returns on equity and fixed income portfolios
- Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational rose to easily convey the project's process and requirements to developers and other stakeholders.