- Business minded leader with several years IT Industry experience and an extensive background holding several key leaderhip positions throughout career.
- Recent years of work experience includes: Managing large scale highly integrated Programs, establishing PMO procedures/processes and delivery methodologies, coaching/mentoring/training best practices, leading medium to large size onshore and offshore teams in matrix structured environments; managing complex enterprise wide software and infrastructure initiatives in industries such as Utilities, Finance, Telecommunications, Manufacturing.
- Recent programs include SAP, Siebel, Data Warehouse, and web based applications.
SKILL: SPMI PMP certified, Portfolio and Program Management, Agile/Scrum; Release Management, thrive in matrix organizational structures
TOOLS: MS Project, MS Office Suite, HP Testing Tools, Service Manager, Lotus Notes, Clarity/Workbench, PRISM (Enterprise Portfolio/Project Management Tool), SharePoint, Documentum, eRoom, and various Intranet/Internet based business applications and tools
- supporting the SAP Portfolio/Program in a rapidly changing environment. Member of the PMO Resources and Planning Management team under the Business Technology Systems Strategy and Governance organization. Projects include data migration, interfacing applications, web based applications.
- Technical components includes JAVA, .Net, ABAP, SQL server, Collaborating with BTS and business executive leadership, project managers, business relationship managers, solution development/maintenance managers, and team leaders to determine demand and ensure synergy across the integrated master plan.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, and changes impacting program. Engage and manage vendors for successful delivery of critical high profile programs. Mentor/coach project managers and team leaders on best practices.
- Held a leadership role as a Sr. Project/Program Manager in the Network and Broadband organization. Worked with the Portfolio Administration, Program Management Office and IT Governance on strategically aligned programs initiated to generate revenue and save costs. Initiatives include Enterprise Data Warehouse, Broadband networks, and Government Mandates.
- The IT initiatives involved large scale complex integrated systems. Technical components were SQL, JAVA, mid - frame and legacy systems. Managed onsite and offshore project managers and team leads to ensure the successful delivery of individual projects within program and implementation of overall program.
- Used standard PM methodologies to plan, identify interdependencies across projects within programs, communications plan, risk identification/mitigation plan, human resource, and procurement management. Executed and delivered high quality projects/programs on time and within budget.
- Conducted cost/benefit analysis, ROI, and used other methods to determine and recommend feasible projects to pursue. Successfully acted as the agent of change during corporate mergers of Confidential & Confidential and Confidential .
- Managed challenging initiatives which were in-flight during a transition of application teams from one major preferred vendor to another.
Senior Project Manager
- Introduced Project Management best practices to one of Confidential ’s strategic vendor partners. Developed and implemented delivery solution methodology to the program management office which was used to manage a project for release of mission critical application systems developed by vendor partner used to aid in the manufacture of Confidential 787 aircraft.
- Web based applications developed using JAVA and .Net technology. Managed cross functional projects and led project teams through development, testing and implementation process. Communication spanned across organization which included, high level leadership, managers, analyst, developers, testers and implementers and offshore development/QA team.
- Developed tools and used Microsoft Project to develop and manage detailed plans, generated status reports, risk identification/mitigation, scope management, change control, project tracking, defect tracking to resolution, and managed resource usage.
Senior Project Manager
- Worked on Finance Systems related SAP and non-SAP web based projects. Worked with highly technical integrated systems involving SAP and eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange Solutions.
- Led project teams in: developing project plans; developing risk mitigation plans and logs; managing cost/schedule/resource variances; participating in quality control; managing the project's change control procedures; coordinating and facilitating project team meetings; creating, maintaining various other project management deliverables as directed by the IT governance process.
- Included in the responsibilities were the accurate and timely updates for project and resource plan, risk and issues log, change control log, and weekly and monthly project reports.
- Tools used include: TestDirector, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite.
Consultant - Project Manager
- Provided leadership on large world wide SAP implementation and other web based projects. Ensured the successful delivery of high performance quality functionality across SAP modules which included Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Human Resources, Account Management, and Master Data.
- Used a common engineering process SDLC to manage business users, in-house and offshore developers, and quality assurance resources. Worked with Deloitte and IBM SAP consultants during this development and implementation phase to learn and transition knowledge to CCE internal resources.
- Also managed other non-SAP projects - Sales Force Automation (which included a Data Warehousing component), Automate Regression Testing, and Tracking and Traceability. Facilitated RFP and vendor selection process.
- Engaged and worked with vendors, Duties also included: reengineered, implemented and managed QA review process, revamped the project management process and served as a mentor to peers and team members, planning, tracking, project/peer reviews, status reporting, defect review meetings, change management, issue determination and resolution, risk identification and management, and facilitation.
Consultant - Quality Assurance Lead
- Worked in a leadership capacity ensuring the delivery of a quality data warehouse and integrated reporting system.
- Managed multiple projects, responsible for the overall master and level test planning (unit, integration, system, and user acceptance), scheduling, and testing efforts for the enterprise wide data warehouse system using ETL tools, Teradata for storage and management and Microstrategy for reporting.
- Applications are distributed in the mainframe source and host systems. Extracted and stored data is used in client server and web-based applications.
- Determined and design test cases/scripts, conduct defect detection and tracking. Test analysts and testers were direct reports. Interfaced with other team members including Application Delivery Managers, PMs, PLs, developers, offshore developers, and production support.
- Used the STEP QA testing process and Mercury testing tools.
- Project Manager on the Evergreen Finance project. Project was a reengineering/redesign of the company wide financial data gathering and reporting process and a major conversion from a legacy finance system to an Internet/Web-based application.
- Responsible for ensuring project remained on schedule and within budget, resource planning/management, assessed and managed risk, contingency planning, and achieved each milestone and delivery due date using Six Sigma project management methodology.
- Created and maintained the project plan, and all other documented artifacts for the project. Other duties included: working with users, led and documented “as is” and “to be” process flow mapping, activity flow charts, task analysis, data mapping/modeling, business/functional requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation.
- Served as Project Manager/Business Analyst Consultant for the PMO on the Customer Markets Siebel (Sales Force Automation) integration project. The Siebel system was integrated with multiple existing Confidential Telecommunications Billing and Reporting Systems.
- The application interfaced with several business applications (SAP and other ERP systems) and extracted and sent data to the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Ensured projects remained on schedule and within budget. Responsible for resource planning/management and contingency planning.
- Assessed and managed risk, and achieved each milestone and delivery due date using ITEP, a structured project management methodology. Using ABT Workbench, managed and coordinated the Master, PMO project plans, and all project track plans.
- Trained new hires on the PMO and SDLC methodologies. Planned, conducted, and facilitated system knowledge transfer process from Siebel Production Team to Accenture Support Team. Used Visio to document procedures and processes and create activity flow charts and diagrams.
- Other duties included SDLC process improvement, creation and maintenance of Service Level Agreements and Disaster Recovery Plans for new eBusiness applications, and budget planning/tracking. Budgets: up to $30Mil, Team Size: 100+, Project Duration: 6 to 12 months
- Served as a Project Manager/Business Analyst on a worldwide eCommerce/Data Warehouse/CRM (Siebel) project. Introduced and trained project management best practices to the eCommerce program office.
- Using MS project, developed and maintained master project plan throughout the SDLC for multiple multi-million dollar Internet-based projects for end-to-end consumer direct and kiosk eCommerce applications and architecture and SAP 3.2 to 4.6c upgrade.
- The OO application was developed using Java, C++, UNIX, MS ASP, and XML communications protocols, EDI, as well as n-tiered architecture. Provided leadership and support to end users of the WWCIW Sales/Shipping and CRO Financial Decision Support Reporting Systems.
- This reporting system used Data Warehousing and consisted of an Oracle database warehouse of eCommerce transactions and a GUI interface that allows end users to query the database and extract reports using either ASP or BRIO technology.
- The development team consisted of up to 25 Analysts, Developers, and Testers. nthsBudgets: up to $10Mil, Team Size: 50+, Project Duration: 6 to 18 mo
- Release/Project Manager on the Local Number Portability telecom/telephony and interfacing systems and Data Warehouse. Worked with a group of five Release and Project Managers to establish and document the Release Management and Change Control processes and procedures.
- Managed several multi-million dollar projects for a product with a major portion of the Client/Server systems composed of UNIX, Java, C/C++ (Object Oriented) with an Oracle database and a Web based front-end application for order processing. Oversaw the solicitation, gathering, compiling, and reviewing of requirements.
- The requirements team consisted of ten senior analysts. Requested and reviewed vendor cost and time estimates for software development to ensure they were within the project’s budget and schedule. Guided projects through required development phases in a manner that ensures quality, reliability, and cost-efficiency.
- Oversaw and tracked progress and status of the development team throughout the development life cycle. The development team consisted of up to 15 Developers, Analysts, and QA Testers. Served as a Liaison and Coordinator between senior management, Project Managers, Requirements Analyst, Developers, Testers, and operations. Planned and scheduled activities and deliverables throughout the release process using Project Management and Change Control methodologies. Budgets: up to $5Mil, Team Size: 30+, Project Duration: 6 to 12 months .
- Provided consulting services to call center telecoms client to ensure EDS meets or exceeds customer requirements for service and the CMIS Customer Care and Billing System. The CMIS Customer Care and Billing System was written in COBOL and resided on a DEC Alpha platform.
- Working on the Price Communications Call Center site, functioned as liaison between client organization and EDS by analyzing and documenting the call center business needs and recommending solutions, participating in design sessions with customer and development teams, and assisting with gathering and documenting requirements for budgeting purposes.
- Developed and executed overall testing strategy, plans, test cases for QA and UAT testing phases. Performed project management duties which included serving as the primary contact for any call center client requests/questions and coordinating all requests for bug fixes and enhancements with client and EDS teams to ensure timely resolution.
- Responsible for following up and tracking issues, maintaining LAN-based issue tracking system, compiling and assembling statistics to measure EDS performance and report to client, facilitating case meetings, and planning and scheduling releases. Maintained communication between call center client and EDS on-site and off-site team members, and facilitated any meetings deemed appropriate.
Programmer Analyst/Team Lead
- Worked on both the development and implementation teams, responsible for the planning, scheduling, development, and implementation of Cellular Customer Care Billing Systems. Major projects included major data warehouse, data conversion and migration from a index flat files structured system to an SQL database structure and bank interface subsystem for processing automatic payments. Both applications processed miles of cellular customer records.
- In a Team Leader role, responsible for the implementation of project plans and allocation of resources utilizing ABT Project Workbench. Had up to six Programmers/Analysts as direct reports. Conducted technical training on the Cellular Customer Care Billing System and the SDLC methodology for new hires.
- In a hands-on technical Team Lead role, supervised an Analyst and COBOL, C/C++ Object Oriented, and SQL Software Developers to ensure that project deliverables, objectives, and timelines were on schedule. Responsible for reviewing documentation beginning with the analysis through testing phases to ensure the accuracy of each phase of the development process. These applications were developed in COBOL and C/C++ on the DEC Alpha system.
- Held a full-time position in the Information Systems department, primarily responsible for the system support and management of 26 user offices. Analyzed, developed, and maintained sub system components of the on-line student information system.
- This system was written in C, SQL, and COBOL and operated on a DEC Alpha platform.
- Project management duties included planning and documenting the timeframe for the full completion and delivery of enhancement and maintenance code, scheduling and coordinating meetings between the users and the developers, tracking and following up on issues, and reporting statuses throughout the development life cycle.