- 2+ years of complete project experience in professional settings
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and execute formal presentations, individually or within groups.
- Ability to thrive in a fast - paced deadline driven environment.
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work within a small group and are self-motivated to work alone as required.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
General: Drafting, Project Management, Quality Control, High-Aptitude with Building Codes (Fire, Electric, Structural)
Software: Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel, Solidworks, MathCAD, AutoCAD, ANSYS Finite Element Analysis, Revit, Navis, Aurora
Confidential, Pompano Beach, FL
- Worked with other experienced designers, delivered design specifications for customers using AutoCAD for bid and construction documents for residential and commercial sites.
- Managed a team of junior designers and ensured the quality of their training and documents produced are satisfactory.
- Met potential customers and became deeply familiar with drawings, specifications, investigations and technical reports
- Maintained a strong partnership between drafters and our sales team to ensure the best quality of work presented to the customer.
- Performed structural analysis of various building elements and systems comprised of structural steel, masonry, wood, and aluminum for both gravity and lateral loading conditions.
- Orchestrated the design process from schematic design through the completion of construction.
- Performed QA/QC reviews of project work by staff engineers, including but not limited to: drawings, specifications, investigations, and technical reports.
- Helped foster new client contacts and business opportunities and maintained existing client relationships.
- Coordinated with other drafters to produce AutoCAD for bid and construction documents for buildings.
- Worked directly with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project duration.
- Monitored project budgets and tracked change orders on a case-by-case basis
- Organized and utilized large amounts of reference information both in hardcopy and electronic files required; identify, analyze, and solve technical problems required
Confidential, Davie, FL
- Responsible for finalizing drawings and specifications for sprinkler systems and related equipment (pumps, pipes, pressure valves, sprinkler heads) through use of Revit, AutoCad, and Navis for 2D and 3D models.
- Evaluated drawings received from field engineers, working in conjunction with other designers, Miami-Dade and Broward Fire department and also estimators using an extensive procedure to provide accurate plans based on field mark-ups and create construction documents, and ultimately follow a construction until it reaches completion.
- Followed through with General Contractors to ensure receipt of plans and permit packages.
- Occasionally attended job site meetings, practiced measurement techniques, often with a tape measure or if available electronic measure, surveys are conducted and performed along with residual flow tests using precisely calibrated valve instruments as needed to determine project restrictions
- Adhered to NFPA 13 safety codes during design and coordination process.
- Used field instruments to accurately create engineering drawings of fire safety systems inside commercial and residential buildings. Particularly large buildings required calculations.
- Pratt and Whitney Columbus Engine Center, Columbus, GA - Intern
- Experienced the inner workings of a commercial/military contract airplane engine company in an industrial setting.
- Assisted full time employees with the different stages of disassembly, saving more time between engine deliveries.
- Maintained inventory of parts entering and leaving factory, making sure budget is not wasted by ordering duplicate or unneeded parts and made sure all parts were sorted so they could be easily found once requested by technicians.
- Aided head technicians, usually by going to search for tools they made need or helping perform calculations (i.e. determine the weight balance of the turbine compressor blades during assembly).
- Helped technicians perform calibration routines for technicians to be able to test for imperfections in delicate parts.
- Albany State University, Undergraduate Research, Albany, GA - Research Assistant
- Conducted research dealing with signal processing and physics of a cell phone coupling mechanism.
- Orchestrated experiments with Graduate professor using 3D generated AutoCAD model analysis.
- Performed trials on computer simulated interface simulating a cell phone transmission containing a theoretical “meta-material” inside the device.
- Conveyed information gained from research to classmates and department heads through semi-annual formal presentations.
- Dining Commons Receiving Office, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA - Student Assistant, Spring
- Communicated with warehouse employees to ensure quality of supply shipments once they arrive.
- Maintained receiving office and completed tasks given by supervisor, mainly including unloaded shipments of pallets and maintaining the storage areas for food and other materials coming into the dining commons.
- Collaborated with managers to provide supplies for other employees around facility when needed, ensured all storage facilities were clean and the contents were up to dates
- Provided prompt customer service when there was a problem inside the commons
- Trained to work maintenance of dish room machines