PgM & PM: PMI / PMP Certified Project Manager
Infrastructure: ITIL Foundation Certified
Application Development: PMI / ACP - Agile Certified Practitioner & Certified Scrum Master
Quality & Process: Six Sigma Black Belt Certified (Yellow Belt & Green Belt as well), Past VP of Finance for the Fort Worth Chapter of the Project Management Institute -PMI.
- Proven Leader with outstanding deliverables focused performance. Ability to bridge the Executive, User, and Technician “Communication Gaps” with extraordinary skills. Achieving expectation in a variety of strategy, management consulting, project management, and business analyst positions.
- My domestic and international experiences provide broad based industry knowledge of functions and disciplines that produce results.
- Able in large or small enterprises to bring pertinent solutions to new and challenging business issues. Highly adaptable to industry roles and corporate environments with exceptional ability to see the "big picture" quickly. Successful in roles as company lead, manager, project manager, team leader, international instructor, recruiter, international facilitator, coach and mentor. Extensive experience with people of diverse international backgrounds.
- A communicating catalyst toward team of significant projects. Articulate in presenting targeted process improvement solutions from sound practical strategies that are rich with common sense. Innovative natural leader in all aspects of the application development life cycle including substantive client interaction at all “C” levels. Experiences in both the mainframe and client server environments. Comfortable with any intuitively logical structured methodology that can be customized.
- Facilitator of value added changes and firm believer in empowerment. In both corporate and community instructing, enjoy seeing people improve their abilities and comprehension. A successful, conscientious professional committed to the pursuit of excellence, which is continuous improvement.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Senior Program Manager
- Transitioning 475 HUB sites (including some 672 Circuits) Coordinating 65 Masergy Resources and many HUB resources. Representing and first line escalation point for all Masergy "Pillars" in the weekly Reporting and biweekly Action Item Reviews. Pillars included: Network Transition, Voice/SIP Transition, Network Architecture, Integration with Service Now, M&A, Steady State, Governance/Reporting and 3rd party Vendors.
- Installing: MIBs, Switches, Routers, Gateways, patch panels, cables, WAPs, UPSs, Phones, etc… all over the USA and Canada. Phone porting of over 30k DIDs. Tracking and reporting PgM Plan details to Management. Primary POC for 2 Vendors: Carousel & Vital.
- Worked with LedCor and Pivitol for “hands and feet” local to each site. The Program also included working the Mergers & Acquisitions, Moves and Closings…of a rolling 70 projects / sites at any given point in time. Inventory and financial analysis were also my responsibilities.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
- Application Development using Agile’s Scrum methodology. Agile Certified Practitioner - ACP from PMI and Certified Scrum Master - CSM from the Scrum Alliance. Managed the Development of an Agile (SDLC) Application (ultimately to serve Members in 42 International Countries); Primary user of TFS - Team Foundation Server - Tool for Story organization and reporting.
- Application architecture Hosted by Azure, offsite; User behavior and customer experience analytics, Cloud enablement and deployment (App. and DB), Mobile product extension; DevOps refactoring for Azure and Azure DB as a service; Leveraged cutting edge technologies: Cloud implementations, Reporting tools, Database-MS SQL Server 2012; Extensive work on executing Product development initiatives using, Scrum; Experience with hosted & on premise applications, real time requirements capture and rapid development via agile.
- Product Development scrums: Setup scrum teams for implementation of the scalable agile model; Managed DTO - Data Transfer Objects; Schema changes to DataBase; Data Conversion ETL - from old Data to New Data Format; Velocity tracking / estimating; SQL Refactoring Data Base; .NET (dot net); MVC; Ajax, bootstrap, Kendo, Teleric, Angular; Single Sign-on; Credit Card processing. Coordinated the Planning Meeting per Sprint / Iteration to set out assigned Stories and subsequent Tasks per Story; Lead the RetroSpective Meeting at the end each Sprint/Iteration.
- Other Activities included Grooming Stories, participating in the Story Pointing, and Grouping / subDividing Stories into Epic / Feature / Story categories. The application dealt with Horse Ownership,, Affiliates, GrassRoots, NCHA PRODUCED Events/Shows/Classes, Secretaries, Judges, Monitors, Trainers, and Riders.
Fujitsu, USA, Tx
Senior Transition Program Manager
- Confidential North Carolina - Contact Center Transition. Transition of: Staff/HR, third party contracts, Contact Center operations, Service operations (KT-knowledge transfer of RunBooks and SOP-Standard operating procedures) and Production Support.
Senior Program Manager
Confidential North Carolina
- Coordinated DBA Lead’s in installation and upgrading 139-DB2, 188-Oracle, and 112-SQL databases.
Senior Transition & Transformation Program Manager
- Transformation Program Manager. Coordinated PM’s in their functional roles on the Transition/Transformation team.
Confidential, USA, Tx
Transition & Transformation Program Manager
- CEMEX Transformation Program Manager. XM for USA focus with Global responsibilities. Coordinated 8 PM’s in their functional roles on the Transition/Transformation.
- VF Corp Transformation Program Manager. XM coordinating 6 PM’s in their functional roles on the Transition/Transformation.
- Coordinated a Financial assessment of 12 Transformation Projects with consolidated results reported back to the Confidential managers of the “Distribution / Communications Transition and Transformation group”.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
Senior Project Manager
- GTM Project: Installation of 4 F5-Global Traffic Managers and host file migration to DNS.
- Akamai Project: Website performance improvement through load balancing, throttling and content replication at the “edge of the cloud”.
- WSRR Siteminder Change Order: Installation of HIS/Siteminder with related firewall, monitoring and documentation updates.
- UK Surcharge Project: Enable payment fee for UK credit cards with related tables and data base implications.
- AWAS DR Hardware Removal: Un-rack Hardware - 87 Servers and put on pallets transporting to two other sites.
Engagement Manager & Project Manager
- Business Travel Solutions” Product Implementation Team.
- Participated as an Alliance partner by handling the implementation of their software. Took on 4 client roles in the process: Business Coordinator, Technical Sales Consultant, Trainer, and Agency support. "Customer facing" interface for 29 different high profile SABRE customers. Contributed value-added recommendations to the process of implementation. Coordinator of travel policy re-engineering.
- Infrastructure advisor for firewall screening, Frame Relay, LAN, server, and router options. Installed both full and thin client software with their corresponding application server software. Attended BTSU in Travel Planner, Decision Manager, Expense Connection, Policy Manager, System Architecture, Implementation, and Installation. Received an OTACE rating of 5.0 on my team.
- Cap Gemini Champion for the Confidential ’s “Business Travel Solutions” Re-engineering of their web platform. Sold an Internet solution with the Directors to other Executives on the SABRE team. Led the re-evaluation of their Business organizational structure.
- Created a list of strategic business recommendations for the Director of Customer Service. Coordinated the off-site facilitated session opportunities. Gave Virtual SWAT Team presentation multiple times.
- Coopers & Lybrand Project Manager for Confidential .
- Proposed alternate solution/platform for the Service Measurement Product Phase II $4.9M project. Scheduled tasks and assignments, chaired weekly status meetings with 3 Cargo managers both national and international, initiated weekly action item procedures and meeting minutes, became the customer interface for requirements definition, wrote revisions to the Requirement and Design documents, and prepared for an SDP compliance audit receiving a rating of "Outstanding". Project used PL/1 batch processing for report generation under an IMS environment.
- Coopers & Lybrand Senior Systems Programmer/Analyst for SABRE Decision Technology. An IEF Development/Re-engineering Project for the Cargo Commercial Systems. Evaluated the business rules and current systems to create the ERD and AHD as part of the FastPACE Methodology. Coded on-line and batch procedures and performed unit testing.
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
Senior Project Manager
- Confidential WebSphere Commerce v6x Engagements, managing an experienced team of consultants that include: Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Developers and 3rd Party resources. Project Planning, Project Finance, Change Processing, 3rd Party management, and Bug Tracking. All project activities from Requirements gathering through site Launch.
- Major Sports Retailer: B2C Large Confidential WebSphere Commerce engagement.
- Major Pool Supply Wholesaler: B2B Large Confidential WebSphere Commerce engagement.
- Other Companies worked with: Aerospace Company, National Collectables Company, Pitney Bowes, Colibri, Smith & Wesson, and Corcraft Products.
Environment: As/400, Confidential MAINFRAME, Confidential Websphere Commerce v6x Engagements
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
Consulting group’s Project Manager
Business Consultant in the Consolidated Service Center, Fort Worth, TX
- Project Manager for the relocation planning from Fort Worth Confidential to San Diego and Colorado Confidential ’s. Diagramed the 56 - “AsIs” Fort Worth Distributed Business and Operations Applications, Server Architectures in preparation for the relocation. Documentation was created for all paper, electronic and check processing input processes. Many interviews were held to gain an understanding of how Medicare, eligibility and premium files were being processed.
- Diagrams were also generated for the on-site and Iron Mountain storage processes. Made “ToBe” recommendations for the receiving sites Architecture. Completed the Network Analysis documentation for the migration. Managed the Server and Application inventory documents. Produced a Process and Application flow diagram for the entire facility. Captured 12 SBAR’s (summary, background, assessment, recommendation) process improvement recommendations and delivered them to the business.
- Analyst for the Sungard MACESS EXP to v2 Report comparison.
Environment: Confidential Mainframes
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Transition Leader - Program/Project Manager Senior Specialist
- Transition Leader - for Force Protection Inc., Managed the transition for Service/Help Desk, Service Management, Desk Side support, and Data Center Migration-DCM. Level 4 project: Migrating all applications, data and interfaces from the existing 77 INTEL platform servers in South Carolina to system located in Plano, TX. Seeded Hardware for a Data Center Migration-DCM to Plano Technical Center-PTC. Perot, with this government supplier, was ITAR (International Transport in Arms Regulations) compliant with sensitive client data. $888,000 Transition resource budget.
- Transition Leader - Program/Project Manager Senior Specialist for Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Stanford University Medical Center. Mainframe Data Center Migration-DCM. Level 3 project: Migrate all applications, data and interfaces from the Confidential 9672-RB6 Stanford Healthcare System in Palo Alto, CA to an Confidential 2096-S07 System located in Plano, TX. Seeded Mainframe Hardware for a Data Center Migration-DCM to Plano Technical Center-PTC.
- Confidential, a third party Vendor is doing an EMC to Confidential -Shark data copy in California before PPRC transmission to Texas. There are 4 SUN Servers Clustered for a SNA Gateway conversion. Install a Supervision Server providing LPAR Console monitoring. Installation of a DEC channel server for data conversion. Z/OS upgrade on new Mainframe. $1.9M budget.
- Program/Project Manager Senior Specialist for Ochsner Health System. Migration of the McKesson Horizon Patient Folder-HPF Application. Level 3 project: Seeded Hardware Data Center Migration-DCM to Plano Technical Center-PTC. Ochsner Health System purchased three Tenet hospitals in New Orleans: 1) Memorial Medical Center; 2) Kenner Regional Medical Center; 3) Meadow Crest Hospital.
- The overall scope of this initiative is the migration off of Tenet equipment onto newly purchased equipment to be hosted at the Perot PTC. There are 29 servers associated with this project, 22 of which are Confidential blades to host the application three of which will provide user interface (Citrix) to the HPF application. The remaining seven servers provide various services to include imaging, fax, and printing. $264,000 budget
- Transition Leader - Program/Project Manager Senior Specialist for US Government Department of Veterans Affairs Engagement. Level 3 Engagement incorporating 2 projects: First a Facilities Assessment “Gap” to Tier-2 / Tier-3 capability as outlined by the Uptime Institute, and second a Data Center Migration Project Plan for co-locating 3 VA Hospital sites. Veterans Health Administration-VHA involved planning the move of approximately 300 servers with corresponding Applications, both “seeded” and Forklift. Scope involves the coordination of 104 resources from 3 Texas Network 17 - VA Hospitals and Confidential to plan the move of 4 sites of (VMS clusters, and Windows) necessary to support critical patient care and business applications. Functional groups involved: VMS open Systems, Imaging, WAN Analysis, Systems, VA Applications, Network, Data Compliance, Intel, Application Architects, Storage, Logistics, Sending Site, Receiving Site, and Account Management. $130,000
- Program/Project Manager Senior Specialist for Wolters Kluwer Data Center Migration Projects. Level 5 project. >$5M labor budget managing IT resources. Managing 14 overlapping Data Center Migration (DCM) projects for 4 Wolters Kluwer Business Units with Executive Sponsor from the ITO out of North America. Involved moving 345 servers with corresponding Applications, both “seeded” and Forklift.
- Scope involves the coordination of 180 resources from Wolters Kluwer and Confidential to move 5 sites of distributed environments (SUN, Windows, and AIX) necessary to support critical business function moving from 3 different states. Each DCM move package is separated into 2 major projects - the ReIP project and the physical move of all the servers’ project. Each of the 28 ReIP and DCM events are managed through an “hour by hour” plan outlining the specific actions owned by each resource for both client and Confidential .
- Functional groups involved: WAN Analysis, Systems and Applications Testing, Network, TSM, UNIX, Intel, Firewall, Application Architects, Storage, Logistics, Sending Site, Receiving Site, and Account Management. New network “Landing Zones” architecture requiring detailed changes to Firewalls and VIPs for load balancing. $10,500,000
Environment: Mainframes, TSM, UNIX, Intel, Firewall
Confidential San Antonio, Texas
- Project Manager for High Availability Server Infrastructure Project. $750K labor budget managing Business & IT resources. 2005 Corporate Strategic Objective BOD project. Executive VP Sponsor. Scope to: 1) Implement the distributed environments (SUN, Linux, Windows, and AIX) and SAN storage (SAN Fabric & Frames using SRDF replication and some streaming) necessary to support critical business function that will be in the new High Availability (HA) Data Center.
- Design and implement the capability to execute any Business Critical Production distributed application in the second production data center with sufficient reserve capacity to process all Business Critical applications in either Home Office data center. Design, develop and validate the fail-over processes for the distributed processing and storage environment that will be utilized between the two production data centers.
- Confirm Disaster Recovery (DR) and Rapid Recovery (RR) storage implications were managed. Managed the Procurement RFP Vendor evaluation of Vertical Server Clustering with SRDF replication. Project interdependencies included building “clean” Power, HA LAB delivery, a Network design using Level 2 & 3 redundancy, multiple content switches, and VIP routing. Mirrored all necessary Systems Management Software capability needed in the second Data site.
- Managed the testing of Vertical Cluster Software and Horizontal/Load Balanced Servers behind new content switch architecture. Unique HA procedures were added to the current operating procedures. Installed Production Hardware and Software through existing Change Management and service request processes targeting capacity and SLA’s at or better TEMPthan current production. Non-Labor costs: Hardware $15M, Software $1.2M, Concurrent License delta $700K, and SAN DMX Frames $2M each. $21,500,000
- Project Manager for DB2 v8.1 Compatibility Mode Upgrade. $650K labor budget BOD project to upgrade the system critical DB2 Mainframe subsystems in Test and Production with corresponding Catalog upgrades. Executive VP Sponsor. Managed a Link List process change toward the use of standardized Procedures. Developed a ReBind strategy behind an RR exercise to limit production impact to reserve word changes in the last DB2 versions.
- Led Issue tracking with Confidential for DB2 coding problems and BMC for utilities upgrade compatibility problems. Enhancements include 64-bit architecture, redesigned virtual storage and thread expansion. The project prepared the DB2 environment for the 1 way migration to New Function Mode. $2,500,000
- Project Manager for Collaborative WEB Browsing “CoBrowse” Research Project. Project to research the marketplace for current capabilities of Collaborative WEB Browsing. RFI’s sent to vendors PageShare, Proficient, Live Person, and Kana. Multiple on-site web-cast demonstrations. Multiple Vendors on-site for product demonstrations and SW loading and configuring. Evaluated multiple architectural designs with performance, security and usability implications.
- Project Manager for High Availability Strategy Project. Business Drivers: 1) Reduce the likelihood that the business will declare a disaster due to the loss of a data center. 2) Protect “the brand” against significant damage to reputation that could occur from the inability to perform computer processing in such an event. 3) Maintain critical business functionality to members and member service representatives to mitigate the risk of catastrophic data center loss. Strategy Objectives: 1) Validate and enhance the High Availability leading edge conceptual architectural design while moving toward the logical design. 2) Define the high level design/topology of a sustainable fail-over infrastructure.
Project Manager for Catastrophe Appraisal Streamline Research Project.
- Project to evaluate external and internal IT capabilities using Geographic Positioning System (GPS) & Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology. Recommended Catastrophe (CAT) Appraisal Team options to speed up the pre-CAT event communication and on-the-ground support of members experiencing a CAT.
- Project Manager for High Speed DataBase Replication & Q-Replication Research Project. Project to evaluate the performance of Confidential ’s High speed DB replication and Q-replication products with distance and capacity considerations. Same-Site and Remote-Site Software latency performance evaluations.
- Project Manager for Auto Research for Members Research Project. $100K labor budget project to create an Auto Web presence that would enable members to have an End-to-End Auto Research to Purchase experience. Improving the ratio of members that originate auto loans and auto insurance policies. $200,000
- Project Manager for Blade PC Research Project. $300K labor budget project to evaluate the use of Blade PC technology as it relates to: performance, architecture, application feasibility, physical constraints, break/fix scenarios, remote access implications, and maintenance uniqueness. Final deliverable draft recommendation for usage implications in the current environment. Coordinated Vendor site visits to CCI (Consolidated Client Infrastructure) and HP Clearcube for the Executive Sponsor and Desktop support Technicians. $300,000
Environment: Db2, Confidential mainframe, UNIX, Linux, sun, Intel, EMC storage
Confidential, Irving, Texas
- Wintel Management Strategy Phase 2 Projects. $1M Marimba remote administration software implementation for UNIX and Wintel platforms. Used PMI and Confidential SDM Project Management methodologies to direct the project. Managed 3rd party professional consulting services (on-site scheduling and activities), F-5 Load Balancing architecture, Ghost Imaging strategy, software deployment process development, test lab design and coordination, Patch Management strategy, managing Active Directory and Marimba classes for the team, and the purchase of 40 Hardware Servers to meet the architecture design requirements for tuners and repeaters.
- Managed the creation of the Charter, Scope statement, Assumptions, Constraints, Risks, Requirements document, Project Plan, WBS, process exception documents, Responsibility Matrix and Communication Plan.
- Communicated bi-weekly status to Directors and Vice President. Chaired weekly Vendor Enterprise Account Manager ticket tracking meetings. Led design decisions for WMI, Wake-on-LAN, and bandwidth. Coordinated configuration management versioning decisions for routers, switches, UNIX AIX v5.3, Oracle DB v9.1, patches, and software distribution packets. Custom designed the plan around POS (Point of Sale) endpoint critical high volume dates. $991,617
- Project Manager for the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) activities within the Cobit (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology) process framework as outlined by the IT Governance Institute. Confirmed first year SOX 404 Financial Applications list in preparation for the current years 302 quarterly and annual 404 assertions. Outlined the current year plan for internal audit, remediation process, and external audit attestation of management’s assertions. Specific focus on previous years low priority remediation list of non RACF security concerns in the UNIX & Windows distributed environments.
Environment: Wintel platforms, UNIXMBNA, Addison, Texas
Project Manager for Card Production Application Area.
- Managed up to 7 concurrent Projects for the Card Production System (CPS) Area. Managed the CPS resources and finances for each project. Complete SDLC activity in a COBOL, JCL, and DB2 environment with occasional overlap coordination with the On-Line and Distributed application areas. Participated in the development of Business Requirements. Estimated Requirements impact and cost for CPS budgeting. Coordinated Unit Testing, Systems Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Delivered CPS parameters to build the appropriate combined project Release environment. Planned the milestone dates for each project. Led compliance to PMO (Program Management Office) process and governance standards as a participant in the releases.
- Release Planning and Coordination Manager $16M software release. Planned and coordinated Unit Testing, Systems Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing for 7 projects on 2 continents. Coordinated the parameters to build the appropriate combined environment. Planned the milestone dates for each project to be included in the release. Led project managers in compliance to PMO process and governance standards as part of the release.
- Project Manager for DAWN (Disclosure and Welcome Notification) Phase 2 Projects. Managed a team of 7 technical Project Managers and their teams in the Analysis phase. The sub-teams included Distributed Systems, Mainframe, On-Line and Warehouse environments. Developed the dynamic allocation of marketing messages on Card Carrier documentation. Outlined and led the Architect and DBA virtual resources through the Conceptual, Logical, and Physical design of the system. Lead in the 3rd party purchase of HNC’s Blaze Rules engine ($750k) as part of a Web based front-end. Developed rules for use in the Blaze software and existing DLS/CompuSet software from Document Science Corp. Legal Archival requirements for exact replication of collateral, including Fonts and Logo’s, were met using Confidential ’s OnDemand software. Primary customer interface and designer of the Knowledge Management Intranet site and supporting repository. $6,769,236
Environment: Confidential Mainframe, db2, Intel
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Two-year expatriate assignment with Confidential & Confidential at the corporate headquarters in Paris, France as Principal Consultant for the Transnational Sales & Delivery team.
- Project Manager and Sales process Lead on the $2M Applied Knowledge Management engagement for Cap Gemini’s Global organization. Sold my Knowledge Management vision to internal Directors, the CKO, and a board member. Directly managed an international team of 15, and indirectly managed several hundred participants and contributors. Responsible for budget, resources, project plan, and responsibility matrixes. Accountable for project deliverables including the Business Case, Process & IT Visions, and a Transformation Design Plan.
- Facilitated four multi-national work teams. Updated and re-designed processes in the methodologies for Program Management, Estimating, and two Sales methodologies. Coordinated the collection of global Business and Systems Transformation “Best Practice” granules for knowledge re-use in a new on-line Intranet Web application. Demonstrated ability to motivate quality results from indirect reports in “e-process” migration.
- Facilitated the international team creation of IT Vision Architecture components as part of a process re-design. New modules created were diagnostic tools, role description, presentations, transformation design cost model, and accountability matrix.
- Project Manager and Advanced Sales Process team creator of the “Best Practice” Archive. Completed a worldwide quest visiting every Global Market Unit to gather pertinent international documents and sales best practices. Gathered and assembled examples of how Cap Gemini sells, Business Cases, Process & IT Visions, Transformation Designs, final presentations of projects and many other sub-deliverables used in the Consultative selling methodology. Motivated and worked with numerous participants in 7 countries with no direct line authority. Project completed significantly under time and under assigned budget. Over 650 PowerPoint, Excel and Word files totaling 214MB are in the archive. Negotiated the CD creation. Coordinated the distribution of over 2000 CDs to consultants in 17 countries. A first for Cap Gemini Group Knowledge Management team.
- International Instructor for worldwide Vice President and Director Newcomers courses in Behoust, France 7 times including modules on Knowledge Management, Sales process, Cap Gemini overview, Knowledge Editing Distribution, and Delivery offerings. International Instructor for 13 three-day Sales Method courses: 11 in Behoust, France, 1 in Oslo, Norway, and 1 in Barcelona, Spain. Class attendees represented 17 countries.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Project Lead - Systems Analyst/Tester
- Howard Systems International Consultant / Facilitator for the Software Business Organizational Re-design. Presented virtual teaming concepts to TISB program and product managers. Chaired the sub-team that identified virtual teams as the strategic organization solution.
- This new business structure was piloted in the subsequent software cycle. Implementation included transition of management to facilitation/coaching roles and empowering first line employees for involvement in multiple virtual teams on multiple products concurrently. This presentation was given earlier to the Quality Assurance group to confirm its viability with the SEI level 3 - 4 standards. Delivered presentations on “Effective Confrontations” and “Communication between Dominant & Minority Cultures”.
- Composer 4 Toolset before release of new versions. Used client/server, OS/2, UNIX, Windows, NT, and mainframe testing environments. Made many process improvement changes to the teaming environment including a Word template for test plans and documentation for current practices on the LAN and Web. Participant in creation of an employee handbook for new hires.