- A Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) with strong Technical, Management and Leadership skills with over 14 years of Experience in Software Industry.
- Experience in Developing and implementing a common release management process across multiple business applications and environments, i.e., development, test, staging, and production.
- Experience working as Automation Test Lead, Environment Manager, Testing team lead with ability to lead technical integration discussions and mentor technical resources in best practices for configuring and testing.
- Successfully coached and mentored Product Owners and Development team members on Agile practices, techniques, and frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Developed and implemented proven Testing Center of Excellence principals including Automation Best Practices and Manual Testing across multiple business lines.
- Solid experience designing and implementing QA Automation & Performance Architecture/Framework.
- Good Knowledge of version control tools like SVN, GIT and build deployment tools like Jenkins, Anthill Pro & Udeploy.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery process including setting up Jenkins Pipeline and automation framework using Java.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Suites like Teams for collaboration and Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio.
- Proactively identifies and recommends release process and other improvements, including tools and services to help IT management and project teams to continuously building, deploying and updating software solutions into production.
- Experience with coding complex SQL Queries (Teradata, Oracle).
Coding Languages: C, C++, SQABasic, Visual Basic (VB) Scripting, SQL Coding, Java script
Project Management: Waterfall Methodology; Agile/Scrum Methodology; Stakeholder Management; Scope Management; Program Management ; Procurement Management ; Test Strategy/Management ; Continuous Improvement ; Test Data Management ; Resource Planning ; Continuous Delivery ; Cost Management ; Risk Management.
Databases: Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2
SQL Tools: TOAD, MS Query, Oracle SQL Developer, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Server Management Studio and DB Visualizer
SQL Server Services: SSIS, SSRS
Automation Tools: Selenium Testing Systems; Quick Test Professional, Rational Robot, Rational Functional tester (RFT), HP Quality Center, SVN, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Udeploy, Anthill Pro, Oracle EBS 12.1.
Performance Testing: Open STA, IBM Rational Robot Performance Testing and HP Load Runner
Domain Knowledge: Retail, Healthcare, Telecommunication
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OS, Linux
Configuration Tools: Visual Source Safe, Borland Start Team
Office Tools: Microsoft Office 2000/XP, MS Project 2003
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Release Management Analyst/Scrum Master/ Sr Project Manager
- Experienced managing the Confidential Financial Applications EBS Oracle E - Business Suite release management process which includes Software, Hardware and Security Patches from start to finish including the management and traceability through the build process, testing environments and deployment to production for multiple applications across the portfolio.
- Successfully managed and delivered the application development and enhancement efforts using the scrum/Kanban agile methodology.
- Experienced managing Production changes aggressively by facilitating effective discussion with business, development, BA’s, quality assurance and IFS teams and by regularly sharing communication regarding the same to Team, IT Management and Business partners.
- Facilitated all Infrastructure Release Reviews & Audits. Execute the ongoing evaluation & reporting of IT Release Management activities through relationships with and perspectives of dedicated IT Managers within the organization.
- Successfully drove execution of project timelines and deliverables; forecast for change and take proactive or corrective action when needed to maintain Production stability.
- Managed and published release boards, release plans and notifications to ensure stakeholders are engaged and expectations are effectively established and managed on upcoming task, change details, ongoing task, risks, release scope, schedule, business impacts and quality etc.
- Successfully managed scheduling and communication of deployment activities with Developers, BA’s, Quality Engineers, Business partners, DevOps groups, IFS and change management.
- Conducted release readiness reviews and success criteria based on business requirements, GoNo-Go reviews and lead and coordinate the go-live activities including the development, management and execution of the deployment run book and checklists.
- Facilitated Scrum Meetings and agile ceremonies as needed.
- Managed the Post Deployment notification with Business impacts and Deployment Instructions document/PPT and Traceability of all function released to production.
- Managed the Confidential Financial Applications Deployment portfolio deployment calendar taking into consideration Batch jobs run time and completion time, File Transfer/Processing times, Financial close weeks, Quarter closing, Store hours, enterprise Avoid change windows etc. so that we can have successful production deployments without impacting Business.
- Actively managed the risks and issues that may affect EBS Oracle E-Business Suite release scope and schedule. Understand technical risk profile to proactively identify potential risks to Production releases and impact post deployment.
- Carefully managed emergency production deployments to minimize further incidents and make sure the change is controlled and takes place securely. Verifies that emergency changes are appropriately assessed and authorized after the change.
- Actively partnered with project teams from IFS, supporting team leaders through the initiation, implementation and close out processes of the change/release process used to deliver multiple parallel efforts.
- Collaborated with change management team to ensure that each software and database changes follows the complete procedure to ensure minimum disruption to IT services.
- Coordinated with various supporting teams DevOps, Compute and Operations teams (DBA team, Network Teams, Compliance team etc.) through regular communication emails/meetings and deployment calendar that keep track of Change management/Service now details for each releases.
- Actively worked with development team to understand the impacts of branches and code merges.
- Highly Proficient in using Project Management/ Incident Tracking Tools such as Confluence and Jira to define process and organize work.
- Successfully maintained a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Experienced in researching and implementing new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs.
- Successfully collaborated with Database team and validate the test & production environment readiness. Oversees the test & production environments to ensure there is a clear path and process for testing and deploying software, hardware, security updates to the Oracle E-Business Suite platform.
- Proactively identified and mitigated risks and remove obstacles to release and also guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Experienced in performing environment planning, provisioning, and management required to support the releases. Evaluated Technical risk and Business risk. Escalation of risk and issues
- Experience working with development, Quality assurance, business, IT Management and infrastructure teams to ensure that all production deployment plans have contingencies and back out plans in place.
- Ensured that release packages can be tracked, installed, verified and/or uninstalled or backed out if necessary. Acted as primary role in triage of any build, deployment and testing errors or failures.
- Ensured that all production changes and bugs are logged, prioritized, categorized, assessed, authorized, planned, and scheduled, and are introduced in a controlled and coordinated manner.
- Experienced breaking down the issue or complex deployments based on the various areas of the application and Triage it to respective team such as Security, Database, Application, network team etc.
- Successfully communicated the issue to the team and business with business continuity impact and forecast the system Stability.
- Evaluated all requests for change to determine the impact on business processes and IT services, and to assess whether change will adversely affect the operational environment and introduce unacceptable risk.
- Successfully Maintained the release schedule for all core services managed project interdependencies to ensure feature readiness and ensured alignment across all application needs.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Successfully managed QA automation and manual efforts for a highly visible DCM Teradata project. Includes: coordinating testing activities with multiple vendors, test estimation, delivery of test strategy, test plan, test status, results, risk, traceability, defect management, test coverage, UAT, SIT etc.
- Served as a coach and mentor for Test Automation. Experience in coding in various technical languages using automation and performance testing tools like Selenium, Quick Test Professional (UFT/QTP), Open STA and IBM Rational Robot (Functional and Performance) and HP Load Runner.
- Successfully managed testing activities at the Program level with different projects within the program
- Provided solutions to optimize testing efforts such as testing best practices, solutions to optimize test timing and organize the testing efforts to improve efficiency.
- Communicated with all Stakeholders to ensure project/program goals, targets, activities and schedules are understood.
- Responsible for delivering and communicating daily and weekly Testing status reports for multiple projects including risk identification
- Recommends automation process methods to management to provide operational efficiencies.
- Implemented a Test Automation framework that reduced the time of DCM Core Regression testing from 60-man hours (8 days) to 20 machine hours (1 day).
- FST DCM experienced Performance issue in production after the release went live for Release 4.5. So recommended Performance Automation testing and implemented it in the future releases (Release 4.7) and detected key performance issues before we went live using Automation. (Automation Tool: HP Load Runner)
- Recognize and manage testing dependencies by performing business and systems analysis for systems that cross multiple components and systems.
- Absorbing complex technical and conceptual information, identifying key issues and details and presenting understandable alternatives to both technical and nontechnical individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Conform and comply with all PMO and Test Practice documentation, policies, and best practices. Responsible for maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix for the team.
- Conducts QA reviews and inspections to find potential defects and recommend corrective action, often assisting team identify defects in more challenging situations.
- Developed & maintenance of test scripts. Review broken scripts for suites and resolve/fix them.
- Participated in the automation tools feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
- Recommends process improvements to management to provide operational efficiencies.
- Proposed the acquisition of new testing tools to management. Estimating project testing budget and resources needs.
- Participated in the full SDLC, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Expertise in the technical and business functional area of the Teradata DCM application, which includes DCM technical knowledge, data validation, and production deployment.
- Experience supporting system integration of DCM application with enterprise systems through data sourced into Teradata staging tables
- Supported the project with strong diagnostic and trouble shooting skills, specifically in application performance specific to advanced SQL languages such as Macros, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions.
- Hands on experience coding in complex SQL query tools TeradataSQL Assistant, SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata DCM reports and Db Visualizer.
- Involved in System Testing, Integration Testing and End to End Testing in Teradata DCM and Product & Order Management Systems.
- Successfully used JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM for Test Planning, Execution, and Defect Management.
- Actively Participated in Integration Testing, Coordinating testing efforts across multiple teams.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Actively Participated in creating Automation scripts for both System and regression testing using Selenium & QTP
- Successfully developed User defined functions, Generic functions with QTP using VB Scripting/Coding.
- Successfully worked in a test automation component-based architecture leveraging HP BPT technology
- Descriptive programming in coding/scripting automation framework, dynamic objects and reusable actions in defining scenario flows in Quick Test Professional.
- Actively participated in peer review of QTP automation test scripts developed by other team members
- Actively participated in System Requirements Review and provided immediate and very detailed comments on the requirement documents
- Successfully imported and executed the Automation Scripts in HP ALM (Quality Centre).
- Developed and executed Test Cases based on design requirements and functional specifications.
- Involved in the preparation of test cases, communicating with software developers on quality issues following it with bug reports, developing, running and maintaining test Scripts.
- Coordinate day-to-day tasking and activities of test efforts in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including Test plan creation and execution.
Environment: & Release Manager
- Performed the role of an Environment & Release Manager preparing Environment road maps and Release road maps for upcoming releases by coordinating with various teams belonging to various vendors and driving results.
- Multi tasked between Onsite Lead and Environment & Release Manager.
- Participate in meetings between Test Team, Development Team and Stake Holders for release analysis.
- Conducted Regular Meetings to facilitate the flow of communication among team members and to identify and escalate project risks to management
- Acted as a single point of contact for any escalation of environment issues and provide clear and appropriate communications on progress of issue resolution.
- Work with the delivery leads, define and maintain the Environment Strategy.
- Review the Delivery Roadmap to ensure the environments can meet demand and highlight any risks to Senior Management Team
- Maintain scheduling accuracy with the ability to adapt to a constantly evolving project schedule and new priorities
- Maintain focus on quality through the environment delivery process
- Work with senior management to manage environment budget to ensure funding is available to maintain the environment management service
- Provide clear communications to all environment users and team members on the direction and strategies used to manage the environments
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders of the environment management service to understand any risks or issues
- Perform ad-hoc audits on the process to ensure it remains fit for purpose and is being followed correctly
- Drive the improvement of environment management governance, tools and processes across the service (including DevOps)
- Drive reusability, scalability and maintainability into the environment management framework
- Work with the IT Delivery Leads and other stakeholders to expand the breadth of environment services and the scope of environments supported.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
- Developed, executed and maintained automated regression tests utilizing both automated and manual test cases
- Successfully developed User defined functions, Generic functions with IBM Rational Robot.
- Coding in SQA Basic Language in IBM Rational Robot.
- Coded Automation call in functions and shell scripts.
- Automated 200 regression scripts and reduced testing time from 2 weeks (multiple resource) to 12 hours (concurrent machines)
- Formulated the Automation Coding best practices.
- Client interaction and presentation of Automation scripts
- Successfully lead the automation offshore team.
- Performed Performance testing with Ration Robot as well for this application.
- Actively participated in Design Walkthroughs and Daily Status Meetings.
- Support the clients for maintaining the scripts when enhancements are made in the Application.
- Helped in Preparation of Project Process activities, Test Metrics, Reports and Test Status report
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Preparation of Automation Test Plan and Automation Test Cases in Quality Center.
- Involved in coding (Data driven programming/coding using VB Scripting) and execution of Automation Test scripts and defect reporting
- Performed the role as Configuration Team Leader delivering and maintaining quality scripts.
- Successfully conducted training for HP ALM within the FOB.
- Successfully developed Bug/Defect Reports in HP ALM.
- Facilitated Defect Reviews and other associated Testing Meetings.
- Preparation of Project Process activities and Documentation.
- Experience defining Test Scope, Test Schedules, Communicating Issues and Status to upper Management.
- Modification requests issues and defects in the application.