Dedicated IT professional with well - versed experience, ranging from Delivery Manager, Technical Program Manager, Implementation Manager and Development Manager. Adept at managing many facets of IT Systems and Software Development, enabling a unique and well-rounded skillset that will bring value to any enterprise. Proud Veteran of the United States Navy, experienced in delivering complex projects on-time and within budget.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Agile Methodology | Scrum Master | Project Management | IT Management | Database Management Software Development | Risk Mitigation | Systems Evaluation | Regulatory Compliance | Process Improvement Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) | Vendor Management | Communication | Systems Management
Scrum, Kanban, JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2016 and Microsoft BI Stack (SSAS / SSIS / SSRS)
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Senior Technical Program Manager / Scrum Master
- Scrum Mastered and managed multiple project work streams for the importation of complex data for analysis and reporting that involved multiple stakeholders, developers, external customers, and IT resources utilizing Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Increased data project delivery for banking data, by 80% as Scrum Master, managed multiple project work streams for the importation of complex data for analysis and reporting that involved multiple stakeholders, developers, external customers, and IT resources utilizing Agile, Scrum and Kanban
- Saved 1M+ in project cost savings by managing collaboration with sponsors, executives, management, project leads and stakeholders to analyze and plan projects, manage scope, expectations, mitigate risks and setting KPI’s, and create project plans, schedules, and milestones by managing the project, anticipating and removing blockers, and holding parties accountable for deadlines
- Created program that realized a 50% increase in user acceptance by creating UAT program that includes internal and external stakeholders, which allows them to be part of the process, to ensure project execution accuracy which aligns with the Agile manifesto
- Strong background in scrum, client management, experience of working across different cultures and a deep interest in applying research and analytics-based problem solving
- Collaborated with Sponsors, Management, Stakeholders to analyze and plan projects, manage scope, expectations, mitigate risks and setting KPI’s, and create project plans, schedules, and milestones.
- Managed program and scrum team workstream intake request project for data warehouse development team using Confluence and JIRA that improved prioritization, collaboration, and visibility.
- Scrum Mastered cross-divisional teams, improving collaboration and requirements gathering, and defining definition of done.
- Very strong experience with JIRA and Confluence to track tasks and gather requirements.
- Scrum Master and Program Manager for program integrated the Enterprise OpenSpan system from Pega.
- Technical Program Manager for Sr. Database Architects on devising a solution for NPI data obfuscation for GLBA compliance.
- Led a program to facilitate and coordinate the procurement and implementation of technology projects and internal company initiatives.
- Managed expectations and priorities across cross functional teams to better strategize schedules, timelines, work efforts, tasks, and resource allocation.
- Created project plans, allocated resources, established and monitored milestones, identified and mitigated risks and issues, and managed performance of resources.
Data Integration Development Manager / Release Manager
- Managed and hired a development team of over 10 developers and engineers.
- Promoted to manager in charge of a database development team.
- Exhibited in-depth knowledge of software development and deployment processes.
- Provided process guidance on software requirements, design, programming, training, testing and implementation.
- Provided developer guidance during complex ETL solutions to minimize development blockers and reduce “roll over” into the next Sprint.
- Interviewed and hired new full time and contract staff.
- Key part of implementation of TFS and Agile/Scrum methodologies, policies, and procedures to improve developer productivity and reduce production deployment errors.
- Performed performance reviews and HR processes.
- Created custom time tracking system allowing upper management to analyze hourly time spent on projects.
- Worked as Database Architect on new solutions, enhancements to existing data warehouse.
BI Architect & ETL Implementation Lead
- Architected SQL solution to extract, normalize, and store large quantities of Commercial Credit Systems loan processing data.
- Pivotal in working with Infrastructure department migrating the 8+ TB database to new servers during hardware and software upgrades.
- Engaged external stakeholders to review feasibility and cost analysis for an external DMO (Data Management Office) solution.
- Researched and implemented BI Best Practices for the department.
- Collaborated with Enterprise IT department on implementation and architecture of new bank wide integrated platform (Finacle by Infosys).
Senior SQL / SSIS / ETL / ELT Developer
- Created code generation scripts and automated data mapping procedures.
- Created SSIS packages for ETL projects to load complex data from various data sources including Oracle, Excel, and flat files along with T-SQL code optimizations.
- Created supporting T-SQL stored procedures and functions to support our ETL process, transforming and loading data into our Type 2 dimensions.