- Results oriented professional with extensive experience in IT program and project management. Certified PMP with a Masters Certificate in project management and a Master of Arts in Teaching. Proven track record of executing complex development and infrastructure projects and programs with global scope. Effective leader, known for stepping up to challenging projects and motivating matrix teams to succeed.
- Bachelor of Science in software engineering, Masters Certificate in project management, PMP certification from PMI, IBM Senior Project Manager certification, and Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics.
- Experience in software development, application ownership, business processes and operations.
- Fifteen years of project and program management providing full life cycle management for IT projects in several industries such as financial, education, retail, insurance, outsourcing.
- Successful track record of applying best practice PM methodologies and standards including requirements analysis, stakeholder management, risk and issue management, change management, budgeting, and scheduling in order to initiate, plan, track and close projects.
- Managed projects for billing, fulfillment, process improvements, compliance, software development, infrastructure, and deployment. Experienced in PMBOK, SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, SEI-CMM and WWPMM.
- Managed 5 to 150 resources ranging from small internal projects to strategic, client facing programs in global and matrixed environments. Able to lead, communicate and report status effectively with all stakeholders.
- Expertise in business controls, audit compliance, and business process analysis.
- Experienced mentor, trainer and teacher.
| || || |
| || || |
Software and Systems
| || || |
Project and Program Management Consulting
- Engaged to save a troubled project to move the Office Depot Rewards website into the Office Depot website, converting all members and enabling single sign-on. The project had made no progress in six months. Implemented Scope and Stakeholder management and PMO governance and turned the project from red to green in four weeks.
- Managed a merger program to convert the first Office Max store to Office Depot toolsets and back-end systems. Implemented a governance structure to manage thirteen project managers in fifteen key IT areas, 132 resources and a budget of 4.2M to deliver a pilot rollout in six months. Reported to the Integrated Management Office lead by the CIO and IBM.
- Lead PM for strategic program to create a consolidated data system CDS to support client and financial analyst facing applications. Responsible for platform transition from SQL/Windows to Oracle/JBoss, as well as planning of the architecture, design, code, test and deployment of the data system using an iterative waterfall agile approach. Interfaced with PMs and business owners for source and target applications as well as the middleware Enterprise Service Bus ESB development team. Led a team of 18 resources with a 5.4M budget.
- Managed the on-boarding of the New England College's first online set of under-graduate degrees, hosted at Bisk. Interfaced with the college's dean, registrar, faculty and IT department, and managed Bisk's IT team to build the infrastructure. Managed a team of 25 resources, responsible for all deliverables from sales and marketing to class start. Created re-usable templates for project schedules, technical integration requirements and customer presentations.
- Transition Manager for GSMRT reports during client transitions from the eESM problem and change management tool to the newer strategic ISM Maximo tool.
Kelly IT Consulting Confidential
- Worked in the PMO to deploy new products for health benefits and enhancements for COBRA. Interfaced with product owners, IT and functional business units to ensure completion of operational deliverables.
- Collaborated with commercial product innovation team to create standard project management processes, templates and tollgate definitions to establish project management rigor in support of both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum based SDLC methodologies to integrate across all lines of business.
Ajilon Consulting Confidential
- Managed strategic program to update audio signal encoding methodologies for TV ratings. Followed the Better Products Quicker PM processes and reported status to the executive governance board
- Managed the end to end planning for the overseas procurement, software upgrade and deployment of 4000 television station encoding devices.
- Managed the planning for software upgrade development and deployment to 120,000 customer in-home ratings meters to capture the new broadcast audio signal.
- Managed 20 resources, including offshore and on-site TCS vendor employees, suppliers, electrical engineers, and software developers. Responsible for a budget of 3M of the 8M overall program.
Project Manager Confidential
- Managed the audit certification ASCA of a shared client instance of Tivoli Maximo ISM, a problem, change and asset management application instance located in Brazil. This allowed its data to be used for client billing.
- Delivered the project under budget and schedule due to the use of lessons learned from similar projects.
- Eliminated several manual procedures, tightened security and implemented business controls.
- Created re-usable deliverables, templates and education package. This will streamline future installations saving an estimated 50k and three months duration per instance.
Project Manager Confidential
- Automated the billing and financial charge-back processes for a new 10M per month client contract
- Managed requirements, development, deployment and testing for the asset management, reporting and CPU utilization tools CMI, GSMRT, SRM and TUAM, enabling billing for 2000 midrange x and p series servers. These were billed stand-alone or as virtualized AIX LPARS and Windows VMWare guests.
- Managed technical teams to develop Tivoli Inventory scanning to report midrange server middleware, such as WebSphere, DB2, SQL, MQSeries and Oracle, increasing revenue by 150k /month.
- Drove the implementation of processes across several organizations to improve data quality, reducing the number of client billing issues to zero.