PROFILE: Motivated, personable business professional with over 20 years of Healthcare experience and a successful track record of being a healthcare consultant. I am currently certified by Epic in Procedure Orders.
Partner/Project Leader Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Built Order sets and SmartGroups with Best Practice Advisory records to Suggest/Restrict for various specialty departments. Content was driven by Zynx and users. Configured Procedure Orders and Procedure Categories EDP with default requirements overriding System Definitions or at Procedure level. While configuring Orders, had to build Questions LQL and Order Composer Configuration records OCC attached to Procedures, and SmartText for Process Instructions. Built Order Composer records with Display Items, Summary Items, and Item Control forcing clinicians to provide information about the order. Created Tasks to display on various users worklists. Modified/Created Text Reports and Print Groups using Epic's print group encyclopedia. Added/Updated preference/facility lists. Participated in integrated testing, as well as user acceptance testing and made various updates which doctors requested.
Provided 24/7 Level 1 Support and Maintenance for:
- ADT, Patient Accounting, Collections, Medical Records, SMS
- Ancillary Charge interfaces including: Cerner Rad, RadPlus, Carenet, Surginet, Pharmnet, Philips XIM, XIRIS, Lantis Radiation Oncology, Soft Lab, Radiology, Lumedx Apollo
- Collection Interfaces including: BYL Collections,Varo, Revenue Collect, IC System, West
- Billing, Pre-billing Edits, Demand Bills, APC's, Contractuals, ePremis interface
- Daily Cash Posting, Falcon Interface, Remittance interface
- General Ledger reporting and Interface
- CPT4, ICD9/ICD10 Updates
- New Providers N/S
- Additional responsibilities included: Printer definitions, Annual rate increases, System Upgrades, State of Delaware quarterly reporting, Account Archive/Purge, Data Warehouse extracts, HDX Interface, Onbase Interface, Patient Satisfaction Surveys, MSP
Highlights of Consulting projects
Worked on HL/7 interfaces between McKesson mainframe product and a Foreign ADT system. Also worked on a clinical interface between McKesson and Cerner. Maintained on-line Hospital Information Systems using IMS COBOL and PCS/ADS in an on-line CICS environment. Completed projects to date: Modified on-line Pharmacy MAR Reports, Transfer Reports, and Lab Requisitions. Responsible for designing and developing both on-line and batch systems mainly in the area of patient accounting. Wrote and modified programs for the health care industry including doing work for ADS clients. Also did work in CICS accessing VSAM files. Wrote and updated appropriate documentation for the above work.
Directly responsible for managing designing and implementing a generic mainframe based Fax Interface, a Dental Registration system, Managed Care Statistical Reporting system, an Insurance Master data base, a generic Charge capturing routine, and an automated system to send Tumor Registry statistical information to the New York State Department of Health. Responsibilities also include staff training, maintenance of all Online and Batch ADT systems, Tumor Registry system, interfaces for Billing, Lab, Medical records, and Radiology.
- Successfully designed, managed, and coded a two way advanced peer to peer interface between a mainframe based Clinical system and a Unix based Clinical system over an IBM Token Ring Network, on time and under budget.
- Designed an independent version of a Clinical Information System that has the ability to easily interface to any ADT system.
- Successfully designed, managed, and implemented, a seamless interface between a mainframe Clinical system and a mainframe Pharmacy system.
- Involved in support and maintenance for various hospital applications, systems include Clinical order entry, Patient Accounting , Pharmacy, Nursing Charting, Med Charting, Nursing Care Plan, Discharge Planning, Medical Records, ADT.
- Directly responsible for the development of an online Nursing Charting system. Development of various departments for a Clinical Information system. Development of a solution to handle future clinical events such as discontinuing orders or placing them on hold.
- Successfully designed, coded and demonstrated a graphical workstation system using Easel for OS/2, that would graph a patients clinical vital signs against given medications.
- Supported multiple hospitals though system go lives and conversions.
- Represented the organization at IBM's Tier one SAA Vendor meetings.
Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining both on-line and batch systems mainly in the area of patient accounting. Heavy interface with users from various departments to discuss their needs and recommend solutions.