To obtain a full time position in as an PMO Director
- Certified Prince2 Project Manager, Certified ITIL, CMMI, and formal training in PMI and AGILE/SCRUM. 10 years IT enterprise solution project implementations in the Federal, State, and Civilian sectors. 10 year's third party integration experience with enterprise commercial off the shelf products. Strong Customer Service skills. 10 years in leading cross-functional project teams.
- Strong project management background to including leading project teams, facilitating governance, stakeholders, and status meetings. Managing integrated project team through design, develop, and implementing an enterprise-wide, integrated, and on premise information system. Strong leadership and managing skills in all phases on an IT enterprise wide projects including various phases design, development build , configuration, and implementation of multiple vendor systems at various integration phases of the enterprise system. Integrated enterprise shared services with commercial off-the shelf products.
- I am a focused and highly motivated project manager, with 20 years IT related experience, and 8 years demonstrating the four competencies of project management Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving.
Sr. Program Manager
- Review, approve, manage program approach, structure, and charter through the establishment of project requirements and planning. Lead global project teams UK, Latin America, Canada, and Singapore in relation to standards, methodologies, and processes to ensure efficient development and implementation of hosting systems, data center consolidations, customer migration strategies, product end of life strategies. Provide review, oversight approval and management of program and project tasks and dependencies. Influence and negotiate with Senior Management and Vendors to ensure support for the project plan and resources. Track program against its schedule, budget and against phase review objectives and report status to management. Organize and manage internal and external resources required to support and execute the project. Facilitate Governance, Steering Committee, and Program meetings providing status updates to the program stakeholders and executive team.
- Partner in designing PMO structure that manage on strategic initiatives
- Prioritize and assess initiatives risk, impact to the business, cost, and make recommendations to the executive team
- Define sub-projects of all programs and assign project managers and business analyst to the sub-projects
Sr. Program Manager
Work closely with customers and project teams to implement solutions. Managed many large enterprise projects at a time and perform management of activities for multiple mid-size projects concurrently. Communicated and work with diverse business units, to complete projects on-time and within budget. Apply best project management practices based on BMC methodologies and industry standards. Managed end-to-end management of project execution including project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, and procurement. Performed due diligence and discovery during presales/post sales process. Scope and size opportunities by working with customers in defining preliminary business solution requirements process and product. Participated in competitive bid teams and RFP responses. Support pre-sales efforts in regards to coordination and planning. Define business solution package including but not limited to solution pricing, cost, and resources and deliverables for the project. Complete necessary quality reviews for contract delivery i.e., QA process checks. Deliver SOW's, RFP's and Solution Proposals to the customer after obtaining appropriate approvals. Defined required roles and assist in project team creation utilizing BMC resources and partners as required by project deliver aligning resource availability and skills. Assisted in negotiating and closing Professional Services contracts that met revenue and profit margin requirements and appropriate guides. Commence project start-up process upon execution on contracts including: project set-up in professional services application secure resources establish project plans and schedule kick-off meetings. Performed initial risk assessment and document risk mitigation plans and contingency procedures with the project team and maintain throughout life of the project. Published and executed communication plans to all project constituents including customer executive sponsor, customer project team, BMC account team and BMC management. Reported project status to stakeholders on a weekly basis both verbally and written. Validated hours worked, expenses incurred and dollars invoiced to ensure compliance with contract teams and BMC policies. Validated proper invoicing techniques and ensure customer invoicing accuracy for work performed. Ensured timely entries of time and expenses reporting by project consultants. Utilized effective change control practices to manage scope, customer expectations, timelines and budgets. Enforced and manage all change orders.
- As Sr. Project/Program Manager, I managed the defects from the first release of the IT Service Management implementation which included Analysis, Design, Build, Validation and Deployment services for Service Catalogue, Configuration Item CIs Load, Configuration Management Database CMDB , Localization, Interface Integrations, and Analytics. This provided the customer with a defect free environment, providing a path forward to implement new functionality in Release 2.x.
- Managed Release 2.x capabilities which included services for Change Management, CMDB, Localization for Service Request Management SRM , and other e.g., error messages , Wizards, and Analytics for SRM and R2x updates for Change Management, CMDB, Service Level Management, Legacy Data Migration, and integrations. Completion of this project provided the customer with a new Change Management system with accurate reporting and a multi-language interface English and French and the ability to accurately report on companywide assets, contracts, and service desk tickets.
Sr. Program Manager
Directed BMC ITSM Suite enterprise upgrade in multiple environments. Led 15-member project team in execution of implementation strategy including systems integrations. Monitored/controlled project, stakeholders, and governance status meetings and report, minimized consequences of adverse events, maximizing results of positive events. Managed project from project charter and budget allocated for implementation and training. Directed 3M budget.
Sr. Program Manager
Managed project charters and schedules for multiple enterprise application development, software development, systems integrations, system migrations and implementation for this IT Contract at the US Department of Transportation DOT and Federal Aviation Administration FAA . Led project team of 12 on premise engineers which included architect, system engineers, integration engineers, trainers, and business analyst. Implemented BMC ITSM Enterprise Suite ITSM commercial off-the shelf product. Managed the data migration while supporting multiple Business Service Management BSM initiatives. Consolidated 6 enterprise wide help desk systems between the FAA and DOT. Managed the implementation of the new Service Desk Data Centers, and Disaster Recovery implementation including leading the process and design efforts. Best Practices SOX, ISO, HIPPA, ITIL, and CMMI compliance.
- As Sr. Project/Program Manager, responsibilities included the analysis, design, build develop , integration, test, migration, training, and deployment implement of a state of the art enterprise-wide information system ITSM at the FAA which included 1 integrations from the DOT Finance Department PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial System Tier 2 Help Desk, and 5 FAA Help Desk centers including Mercury Kintana Change Management Enterprise System. Training included over 550 system users and 34,000 end user external customers. Internal users had to complete the ITIL training, developed by my project trainer as a pre-requisite for Tier 1, 2, and 3 Service Desk system users. The training was instructor lead and video recorded for the users who were not able to attend and future system users. This project lead to a reduction of Help Desk Systems across the FAA and DOT to 1 Service Desk system managed by the FAA. The project included multiple vendor systems integration end points i.e., PeopleSoft Financials , Lotus Notes Email , Mercury Kintana Change Management , MS Access Infrastructure Assets , and CVS files Contracts Information. The integrations are all a part of the enterprise shared services that integrated with the Configuration Management Database CMDB, the data was reconciled and validated by the CMDB approval engine before the data was made available within the ITSM Suite. We eliminated redundancy and built a world class Disaster Recovery System.
- Developed project plans and schedules for each Call Center at the FAA and DOT
- Developed cost estimates for products and service requirements including Earned Value Management EVM
- Managed execution of all phases of the project to include the PMP principles of monitors and controls for the IT project
- Managed and maintained relevant IT and acquisition training and certifications for reviews of proposals and recommendations from the FAA and DOT stakeholders
- Facilitated technical review panels and governance panel for the project proposals
- Created and managed project documents and submitted to the FAA and DOT project managers for review and feedback
- Managed the collection and the analysis of data for complex IT implementation issues
- Managed the evidence-based recommendation from SME from the BMC vendor and third party Subject Matter Experts SME
- Created written reports of recommendations and presented to the project team for discussions and validation in an on premise session with video conferencing
- Facilitated cross-cutting collaborative meetings, committees, and workgroups to achieve mission objectives with the FAA and DOT. Meetings were scheduled weekly, these meetings included oral reports to communicate and obtain collaborative buy-in and support for the project objective
- Facilitated stakeholder consensus for achieving project goals
- Initiated and managed IT project strategic plan performance
- Created peer-reviewed publications on an quarterly basis
- Created and delivered white papers and conference presentations
- Configuration of BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option DSO with ATO instance integration end point from the DOT Remedy System to the FAA ITSM System
- Implementation of BMC ITSM, Business Analytics Business Objects Reporting Systems integrated within the BMC ITSM System , flashboards, and dashboards. These systems were on premise based on the FAA and DOT integrated architecture which delivered high performance and availability under the FAA and DOT Enterprise Performance Life Cycle framework.
- Created maintenance plan and schedule for the ITSM Enterprise Resource Planning ERP module
- Managed ERP using Systems Applications Products SAP e.g., Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, and Product Lifecycle Management
- Lotus Notes interface Open service desk tickets through email
- Implementation of BMC Service Request Management Web portal for different department usage
- Email interface Lotus Notes
- Mercury Kintana Change Management interface integration into the BMC Change Management Tool
- I managed the project budget cost which included Earned Value Management EVM and provided weekly and quarterly reporting to the FAA Stakeholders and COTR. Reports included Budget at Completion, Earned Value, Actual Cost, Planned Value, Cost Variance, Schedule Variance, Cost Performance Index, Schedule Performance Index, Estimate To Completion, Estimate At Completion, and Variance at Completion
- The FAA/DOT Service Desk implementation has improved the overall atmosphere between the FAA and DOT call centers.
- My competencies Attention to Details I managed this project based on the terms of the Statement of Work SOW Customer Service I managed the project by being an customer advocate to meet their business needs, including being in constant communication with the department stakeholders, vendors, and decision makers, making sure their voices are being heard and their concerns were being addressed Oral Communication I managed with an open dialog with my project team and customers to include presentations, understanding the business requirements, discussing pain points with the customer and being able to communicate effectively to the project sponsors and stakeholders and Problem Solving I managed the project issues by conducting root cause analysis and being able to think quickly on my feet, in addition, I would refer back to my risk mitigation plan for a possible solution if available.