EXPERIENCED PROJECT & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL Functional, Operations and Project Management Expertise for the Enterprise
Highly experienced, award winning operations leader with an extensive background in Functional, Operations and Project Management. Record of achieving outstanding results in multiple industries and organization types.
- A natural Team Leader, Motivator and Planner skilled at accomplishing strategic objectives through the effective and methodical management of phased, agile and critical chain projects and initiatives.
- A builder of high performance teams with a history of success delivering projects ranging from software implementations to facility builds and start-ups
Uniquely qualified to translate business drivers and needs to a technical audience and technical concepts to bottom line terminology that demystifies technology and proves it as a valuable business partner.
- Project Management
- Project Rescue & Recovery
- Program Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Statistical Analysis
- Strategic Business Planning
- Workflow Improvement
- Budgeting & Control
- Call Routing Contact Center Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Communication Management
- Human Resource Management
- Metrics Reporting & Analysis
- Operations Management
- Performance Management Procurement
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Queuing Theory
- Risk Management
- Technology Integration
Confidential, Bedford, NH 2009-2012 One of the largest nutritional supplement distributors in the country. Senior Director, Project Management Office October 2010-January 2012 Managed the Emerson Ecologics portfolio of projects. Linked the executive team's strategies to active and planned initiatives. Directly managed on-going special projects and high profile initiatives. Focused the PMO to tangibly improve portfolio performance relative to the organization's strategic objectives. Developed and managed project policies, procedures, templates and other organizational process assets. Provided on-going support, guidance and training on project management guidelines, procedures and tools. Managed shared resources across all projects administered by the PMO. Facilitated centralized communication among project managers, project sponsors, managers and other stakeholders. Monitored compliance with project management standards, policies, procedures and templates via on-going project audits. Emerson Achievements: Launched and matured the project management office at Emerson Ecologics. Effectively worked with senior leadership to balance market and operation centric initiatives in line with organizational objectives. Created the on-going executive review process to field new project requests; scoring and ranking approved projects in a manner that balanced the match to strategic objectives, project resource utilization, on-going scheduling and the management of project dependencies. Rescued various special projects including the MAS 500 ERP Upgrade and the Richmond, VA Distribution Center move.
- Improved project delivery in terms of time and budget by 15%
- Increased new project request screening and prioritization speeds by 11%
- Created the project management training curriculum for new project managers and department leads
- Established the change management process to effectively manage on-going project change
- Created various organizational process assets including templates for new project requests, change requests, meeting minutes, action item logs, open issue logs, feature lists, project skill set matrixes, risk registers, project schedules, lessons learned and status updates
- Developed an audit process to assist department heads and inexperienced project managers in controlling scope, time and costs; ensuring the standardization of project management practices
Senior Director, Confidential February 2009-October 2010 Directed the operation and managed the budget for 2 mid-size, inbound/outbound Contact Centers employing more than 55 personnel. Established and maintained oversight of the Quality team; charged with assessing contact quality and enhancing the level of service provided to patients and practitioners. Created and managed the Resource Planning group; charged with effective resource deployment, the accurate forecasting of workload requirements and the reporting of all contact center metrics. Worked in close collaboration with the President, CEO and CFO to implement projects aimed at enhancing Emerson’s service offering and business capabilities. Closely managed the efforts of 2 quality and training supervisors and 4 front-line managers at 2 separate sites in New Hampshire and California. Managed a team of 4 licensed practitioners who acted as technical support for practitioners in the field. Developed and maintained oversight of the up-selling, cross-selling and Key Account programs aimed at driving incremental revenue through the contact centers. Maintained full P&L authority with a revenue goal of more than $1.4 million and an operating budget of approximately $2.1 million. Emerson Achievements: Established targeted performance metrics, converting a struggling customer service cost center into a profit center. Saved the firm more than $500,000 in annual staffing costs and drove more than $1.7 million in incremental revenue. Developed a dynamic team with a relentless focus on performance and accountability at all levels. Implemented enhanced management techniques aimed at controlling costs, empowering the front-line and exceeding customer expectations.
- Reduced unplanned absenteeism by 38%.
- Reduced attrition by 52%.
- Improved contact quality by more than 25%.
- Improved resource utilization by more than 20%.
- Reduced the Average Speed of Answer (ASA) by 28%.
- Diminished ASA performance volatility by 50%.
- Successfully managed the Clarity Connect unified communication system implementation project.
- Successfully managed the MAS 500 ERP system upgrade project.
Confidential, Merrimack, NH 2006-2008 One of the largest financial services companies in the world. Director, National Console
Directed the tactical and strategic staffing process for a group of large, inbound/outbound Contact Centers responsible for providing sales and service to Fidelity participants. Forecasted workload requirements and scheduled more than 2,500 associates in 5 separate sites to process a monthly workload of more than 1.5 million contacts. Drove improvements in performance and efficiency by working in close collaboration with senior management to implement numerous projects aimed at enhancing the customer and employee experience. Closely managed the efforts of 8 senior analysts and 1 manager at 2 separate sites in New Hampshire and North Carolina. Held accountable for an annual staffing budget of over $80 million. Fidelity Achievements: Saved the firm more than $4 million in annual staffing costs by improving organizational performance in several key areas. Developed and implemented enhanced staffing procedures while employing an aggressive and proactive approach to managing call volumes; enabling emerging trends to be addressed immediately and service integrity maintained.
- Improved ASA performance by more than 25% and reduced ASA performance volatility by 42%.
- Increased the percentage of ½ hours where ASA was within the ideal performance threshold by 32%.
- Improved variable forecasting accuracy by more than 36% and schedule efficiency by more than 32%.
- Raised the percentage of time associates were servicing customers by 28%.
COMCAST, Chelmsford, MA 2002-2006 The largest cable services provider in the country. Senior Resource Planning Manager, Northern Division
Directed the efforts of 10 analysts and 1 supervisor while holding full authority for the strategic and tactical contact center staffing and planning process. Drove the cost effective operation of a large, multi-site, 24x7 operation that employed more than 1,300 agents and processed more than 1.3 million monthly customer contacts. Directed the forecasting of variable movement and the scheduling of all agents while personally managing the leadership ratios and seating capacity for 6 sites spanning the states of New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Connecticut. Held accountable for an annual staffing budget of over $46 million.
Comcast Achievements: Saved the firm more than $1.5 million in annual staffing costs by developing and implementing enhanced forecasting techniques that improved the match of staffing to workload arrival patterns. Promoted greater teamwork by working cross-collaboratively to drive positive contact center variable movement and improve customer sentiment. Improved performance by fully utilizing programs like eWorkforce Management and Avaya CentreVu Supervisor.
- Increased the accuracy of variable forecasting by 12% and improved service level performance by 10%.
- Reduced performance volatility by 15% while raising the time agents were servicing customers by 19%.
- Managed various technology integration projects aimed at driving operational efficiencies.
EARLIER CAREER SUCCESS in a series of increasingly responsible roles including:
- Customer Service & Call Center Traffic Manager – Confidential, Wellesley, MA, 2000-2002
- Staffing Supervisor – Confidential, Cambridge, MA, 1999-2000
- Call Center Forecaster & Scheduler – Confidential, Boston, MA, 1997-1999
- Senior Customer Service Representative & Mentor – Confidential, Hagerstown, MD, 1995-1997
- Outbound Telesales Representative – Confidential, Albany, NY, 1992-1995
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), M.S., Management, Project Management (MSPM), B.A., Economics,
MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, IEX, Informiam Performance Now, eWorkforce Management, Real-Time Adherence, eSchedule Planner, Notification Server, Avaya CentreVu Supervisor, Turbo Tables for MS Excel, Nice Analyzer, Aspect ACD, Avaya ACD, Adobe Dreamweaver, Clarity Connect, Visual Vectors, ADP E-Time, MAS 500 ERP, Meridian Max, Eastman Software Document Management Workstation, KnowledgePoint Performance Now