PROJECT MANAGEMENT PRINT PRODUCTION Branding Advertising Publishing
Dynamic project/account/production/creative services manager with over 15 years of experience orchestrating all phases of production and design for product packaging, editorial, promotional, direct mail, and point-of-sale materials. Proven record of successfully implementing workflows that improve quality and efficiency while significantly reducing costs.Demonstrated expertise in sourcing and introducing new technologies and software that decrease overtime costs and enhance productivity.History of creating and overseeing production of historical top-selling covers for numerous high-profile magazines.
Print Production Management: Packaging, Direct Mail, Magazine Distribution Management Shipping Scheduling & Fulfillment Project Management Workflow Streamlining Negotiations Vendor Sourcing & Management Traffic Management Digital Media Image Quality Control Cost Reduction Technology & Software Upgrades Client Relations
Confidential February 2011-Present Project Production Manager Project management and print production from inception to completion for all sports and entertainment products for TOPPS licensing brands, including Disney,UFC, NFL, and MLB.
- Schedule and supervise the implementation of the entire product process including content,packaging, web media, in-store display and advertising media.
- Supervise for all shipping and production schedules for all product and packaging materials in compliance with multiple deadlines.
- Cooperated with Brand and Product managers to establish efficient workflows and assure timely completion on 30 to 40 novelty products at one time.
- Accountable for delivering quality finished goods that meet specifications and release schedules.
- Maintain product vision and strategy, product specifications, internal product development process, and manufacturing process.
- Develop all project and production schedules and keep updates as critical changes occur during developmental process.
- Ensure schedules meet outside vendor delivery dates.
- Troubleshoot potential problems and devise solutions to ensure a fluid workflow.
- Develop and implement process for improvements for the the product development process.
- Lead team members through any improvement changes.
Self-Employed March 2009-February 2011
Confidential Freelance Production /Traffic Manager for Martha Stewart, and Macy's Private Label Print Packaging Divisions.
Confidential Freelance Production/Sourcing and Project Consultant for Clinique Advertising and Promotional Projects including Quicktime Makeup and Redness Relief Skincare.
Confidential March 2007-February 2009 Project and Print Specialist Martha Stewart Licensing Partnerships include, Macy's, Bernhardt Furniture,Costco,1-800-Flowers, Crafts, Kmart, Wine and the publishing division include Martha Stewart Living, Everyday Food, Body and Blueprint
- Oversaw print production for all Martha Stewart licensing partnerships including Macy's, Kmart, Costco, 1-800-Flowers, and publishing division spanning Martha Stewart Living, Everyday Food, and Blueprint. Planned and supervised implementation of 4-color separations for packaging, catalogues, brochures, web media, in-store advertising displays, and co-op advertising for all Martha Stewart licensed brands.
- Coordinated movement of 4-color packaging materials through in-house pre-press department and outside facilities;oversaw shipping schedules for all packaging print materials in compliance with multiple deadlines.
- Partnered with Brand Managers, Product Managers and Art Directors to coordinate and facilitate all photography,sourcing,and packaging production for Martha Stewart partnerships.
- Cooperated with Brand and Product managers to establish efficient workflows and assure timely completion.
- Orchestrated establishment of branding department from ground up; served as project manager for all key partnerships, product management and art direction.
- Constructed collaborative workflow, instituting dramatic improvements in communication, print quality, and time management.
- Overhauled retouching department, dramatically boosting productivity.
- Forged partnerships with MSLO Print Buyer to negotiate beneficial costs for fulfillment and distribution of MSLO marketing media.
Confidential May 2004-February 2007 Print Production Director - CosmoGIRL One of largest diversified media companies nationwide, with interests in magazine, newspaper publishing, cable networks, TV and radio broadcasting, Internet businesses, and real estate.
- Coordinated all phases of print production, 4-color retouching, and shipping of over 100 editorial pages per month, as well as web media, promotional materials, and advertising supplements. Oversaw CosmoGirl cover press trips. Negotiated and assured fulfillment costs for publication, promotional inserts, direct mail materials, and regional test covers.
- Organized and facilitated all cover photography for the magazine
- Spearheaded transition of 4-color editorial color separation process from outsourced pre-press providers to in-house operations.
- Established new workflow assuring heightened productivity and quality while eliminating outside 4-color pre-press expenses.
- Reduced outsourcing and overtime expenses by introducing InDesign and K4 software, overseeing staff training and coordinated transition of paper trafficking system to K4.
- Directed press production of all CosmoGIRL covers, producing numerous top-selling magazine covers in magazine's history.
Confidential March 1999- May 2003 Art Print and Production Manager (House & Garden) Production Director (Vogue) Top publisher of high-end magazines including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Allure, and The New Yorker.
- Oversaw yearly shipping schedules spanning in-house editorial, manufacturing,photography, advertising operations as well as outside color separation and printing vendors.
- Directed photography, retouching and orchestrated execution of editorial pages.
- Cooperated with advertising department to produce special promotional collateral.
- Assured beneficial terms in negotiating fulfillment for publications, promotional items, inserts, and regional test covers. Oversaw domestic and international press runs.
- Boosted circulation and improved overall look by producing 6 re-designs of editorial content. Improved quality of all 4-color printed material and workflow productivity by choosing and directing transition to new color separator.
- Coordinated shift to centralized pre-press house, providing hands-on troubleshooting and project direction to assure smooth transition and dramatically reducing costs.
- Reduced monthly 4-color pre-press expenses by 30%.
Confidential February 1996- July 1998 One of largest diversified media companies nationwide, with interests in magazine, newspaper publishing, cable networks, TV and radio broadcasting, Internet businesses, and real estate. Production Director (Good Housekeeping)
- Oversaw press runs for domestic and international circulations of 1-3 million monthly.
- Led production, photography and retouching of all editorial pages and advertising book; coordinated shipping, scheduling for all editorial, manufacturing, and advertising departments as well as outside color separation and print vendors.
- Negotiated fulfillment costs in partnership with manufacturing department.
- Constructed production department from ground up, overseeing staffing and acquisition of printers and software and establishing highly organized workflow.
- Eliminated employee and pre-press overtime costs by overseeing modernization of all editorial desktop software and printing equipment.
EARLY CAREER EXPERIENCE (PRIOR TO 1996)
Confidential, Editorial Production Manager - Self Magazine,1993-1996 Confidential, Advertising Director, Modern Bride 1990-1992 Confidential, Advertising Director, 1988-1990
EDUCATION B.A. in Art History Associates in Advertising
SKILLS Proficient in all Macintosh and PC programs including Quark Xpress, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, QPS, Microsoft Outlook, K4, Excel and In Design, 4c Retouching, Press Management. Fulfillment Management.