Project Manager Resume
Downers Grove, IL
- Solution - focused and PMP Certified IT consultant with a consistent record of reliability and a reputation as an industry Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the fields of IT Governance, application design/development/support, business/data analysis, project/process management.
- Over 10 years of combined and progressive experience in Project Management (PMP)/ Business Analysis, and 10 years in System Analysis and Programming.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional teams to deliver strategic business initiatives with multiple work streams in a matrix environment and implemented changes using change management process
- Managed/Coordinated Development/Migration/Maintenance projects in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) from concept through completion and delivery hand-over.
- Over five years exclusively worked on data migration projects in mainframe environment.
- Well-versed in developing project delivery plans and strategies to deliver maximum business value toward fulfillment of business objectives.
- Experienced in Global environment & Acquisition projects, coordinated, negotiated and motivatedinternal managers, outside vendors and offshore resources in support of time line and IT project deliverables.
- Worked in both structured and non-structured PM/PMO environments. Experienced in Implementing technically driven software development projects and handled number of projects at one time.
- Adept at IT requirements elicitation and skilled in turning requirements into tangible solutions.
- Excellent in Requirements Definition, Analysis, Design, Development, System Integration and testing the software applications using RUP and Waterfall methodologies.
- Pro-actively involved in project management control which included project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking.
- Skilled in client service, leadership, organization and technical ability into improved customer satisfaction, growth and profitability.
- Good exposure with ERP modules SAP FICO and BI/BW. Also, knowledgeable in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Content Management System.
- General & Technical Management
- Business Analysis
- Project Leadership
- Resource Planning
- Managing Multiple projects
- Performance Measurement
- Process Improvement
- Risk Management
- Data mining
- Business Process Reengineering
- Functional/Technical Design
- Offshore Project Management
- Quality Management
- Ecommerce Product Development
- Vendor Relationship Management
Software/Tools: COBOL, JCL, CICS, TSO, QMF, SPUFI, File-Aid, Test Director, Quality Center, WinRunner, Telon, CA7, Documentum, BEx Analyzer, ASP.NET, JAVA, JOOMLA, Rational Rose UML, Visio, Erwin, Informatica, MS Office PRO, HP QC, SpiraTeam, ServiceNow, Salesforce, Primavera, MS Project, Clarity PPM
HW/OS: IBM ES/9000, 3090, SUN 4, IBM PCs, MVS/ESA, TSO/ISPF, Windows/NT, UNIX, SUN OS
Databases: DB2, IMS, Datacom/DB, Oracle, MS Access, VSAM
ERP: SAP-R/3(SD, MM, FI & CO), SAP BW 3.5/7.0
Confidential, Downers Grove, IL
- Responsible for planning & tracking of Confidential Technology projects according to deadlines and budget.
- Coordinating the efforts of project with onsite and offshore teams include Product, Development, QA, and Operations.
- Facilitating the daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Providing visibility to team impediments/risks and helps eliminate them.
- Supporting the Product Owner with various activities including communicating updates and impediments as well as assisting with release plan maintenance.
- Managing the SDLC for the projects, ensuring that key documents are drafted, vetted and signed.
- Defining the project’s objectives, verifying compliance through the iterative lifecycle, and monitoring work performance information using EVM techniques and change control process. .
- Working closely with project sponsors, senior management, PMO, and others in project management team to guide efforts achieving intended business results.
- Managing multiple custom web application development projects using JAVA, Web services, Oracle technologies from planning to deployment.
- Communicating to management with project time frames, identification and resolution of project issues and risks and staffing requirements per the project phases.
- Working with the management team and Finance to manage the budget using CapEx process includes forecasting.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Responsible for all aspects of project management initiatives from proposal, inception, and work effort estimation stages through delivery.
- Worked closely with project sponsors, senior management, steering committees and others in project management team to guide efforts achieving intended business results.
- Managed the process, including getting appropriate sign-offs, for deploying new application releases to production and manages technical change requests.
- Managed an end-to-end custom web application development project using JAVA, Oracle technologies from planning to deployment.
- Coordinated the daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review and spring retrospective. Also, provided visibility to team impediments/risks and helps eliminate them.
- Communicated to management with project time frames, solution approaches and staffing requirements per the project phases.
- Lead projects with wide customer base and Project Management activities for medium to large software application development initiatives using waterfall and agile software development methodologies, utilized ServiceNow, MS project tools for operation/change management process.
- Worked with 3rd party vendors, manage the development process for all new releases and bug fixes.
- Responsible for the timely identification and resolution of project issues and risks.
Project Management Consultant
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Serving as a subject matter expert (SME) for PM course development, authoring course materials and customized training periodically.
- Providing training in Project Management & Information Technology systems.
- Prepared course documentation, issue/risk tracking, and meeting coordination.
- Configuring process improvement to the management, fine-tuning existing process, and duties as assigned
- Built and maintained external vendor relationships. Providing IT leadership in assessing vendor technologies, applications and services in E-learning/CBT field.
- Working with Program Chair and other appropriate groups on retention activities, provide mentoring to new faculty, program evaluation and planning web technology work.
Confidential, Naperville, IL
- Prepared project planning documents, obtains approval to proceed, manages project teams at offshore addressing their issues constantly and controls their work activities in the areas of web design and development. Develops one of the projects on agile principles in frequent-delivery environment working closely with all parts of the business, including marketing and operations.
- Drove all efforts to develop and implement efficient and effective estimating and scheduling processes for client website implementations.
- Assisted with Project Management team on project scope meetings, and requirements gathering/review sessions.
- Gathers status information, resolves issues, provides solution and ensures that deliverables are completed timely and accurately.
- Worked with IT upper management on formulating and defining business strategy and objectives and reviews blueprint of client business processes.
- Built and maintained external vendor relationships. Participates in and/or provides IT leadership in assessing vendor technologies, applications and services. Consults with corporate-wide leaders in identifying their business/vendor needs.
- Provided process improvement recommendations to the management, fine-tunes the existing process, and completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Responsible for delivering the high quality projects in a timely manner.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
Confidential, Downers Grove, IL
- Responsible for end-to-end development, coordination and execution of e-commerce projects, including health care web portal with onsite/offshore (Hybrid) delivery model using ASP NET, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL, Flash, Photoshop, Corel Draw, and MS SQL server database technologies.
- Prepared RFPs (creation, evaluation, vendor selection) and performed typical pre-project activities including initial investigation, economic feasibility analysis, and creation of a project charter.
- Worked on market research to find innovative and cost effective managed care products and programs to determine benefits and to evaluate the value those products and programs would bring to the company.
- Provided project leadership for website production, including budget control, production timetable, status reporting, client/project team coordination and quality assurance.
- Facilitated requirements gathering workshops such as JRP and JAD, conducted team meetings, developed tasks, assigned roles and responsibilities, and tracked and managed project related issues.
- Adopted agile methodology to grow application software incrementally, where each iteration produced a new version of the software with more features.
- Created detailed project work plans, assigned tasks to team members and managed resource allocation.
- Developed use cases, workflows, and screen mock-ups, and prepared business process models. Used Visio to create use case diagrams.
- Directed and supervised design work from local contract UI/visual designers and outsourced graphic designers in India. Integrated usability testing and methods into build cycle.
- Established standardized controls to keep project on track.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for user acceptance testing (UAT) using HP-QC.
- Worked with management to establish metrics for each development and testing area to provide quantitative information for process improvement and lessons learned activities.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Coordinated efforts with the onsite project managers, clients and Technical team members to identify areas of opportunity and improved project performance.
- Analyzed the requirements from various clients and provided technical consultants to the projects.
- Worked directly with clients at all levels within the organization and with outside parties to identify operational business requirements.
- Conducted analysis of client business processes and functional requirements including use case creation and prepared documentation to client.
- Interviewed resources onsite and offshore and engaged them on the project.
- Maintained all project management activities, including plans, logs, and weekly calls.
- Responsible for successfully tracking various statuses within the project teams ALS COM and TouchPoint.
- Worked with management to develop and document project and work plans. Collected, analyzed and maintained measurement data.
- Worked with Harris Bank (Chicago, IL) which was one such client of Confidential . Provided leadership and participated in enhancement of the project. It was a mainframe project called IMPACS (Integrated Monetary Processing and Control System), related to deposits and loans for Harris Bank using COBOL and CICS. Primary responsibilities for this project included:
- Defined the scope of the project and performed gap analysis for change management process;
- Prepared functional specifications for the enhancement requirements; and
- Supervised resources to develop and implement the code for enhancements.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
- Managed client engagement services, maintained the customer’s existing revenue and brought in new clients.
- Experienced with client applications and resolved their day-to-day operation issues.
- Focused on IT business development, capacity and strategic planning, resource planning, and project scheduling and monitoring.
- Established effective methods for project control, and collation of information and communication.
- Controlled projects in the areas of cost, schedule, resourcing, and scheduling. Standard reporting. System was developed to show the status of project which included the type of information such as work done/estimate work to complete, deliverables delivered/projected dates for remaining deliverables, milestones achieved/new projected dates for future milestones, spend against budget, and value earned analysis report.
- Prepared RFPs and presented to Opportunity Review Board meeting with VP, PMO and other project executives.
- Worked with HR, and accounting/senior executives to approve Master Service Agreement (MSA) contracts to bring in new vendors for the organization and reviewed actual and forecast figures per project.
- Responsible for individual team member’s annual performance report, and training program for their skills upgrade.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Worked in a key leadership role in a multi-million dollar data-warehousing onsite/offshore projects. Took total responsibility of resource management including identifying internal and external resources, interviewing them, and facilitating hiring processes for entire project team.
- Obtained experience with Offshore Program Office that included managing business relationship with offshore vendors and Client Company.
- Managed monthly resource invoicing and generated reports to the VP and other project executives.
- Provided leadership and support for the development and implementation of quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Managed QA team, including the management of defects, and documentation and change control.
- Prepared project plans, analyzed functional requirements and documented functional and non-functional requirements.
- Also, managed Documentum ECM onsite/offshore project, worked with the project sponsors and technical managers to put together project plans, work breakdown structures (WBS) and deliverables for analysis tasks.
Project Leader/Business Analyst
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Led Payroll/HR/Global Data Warehouse Migration-Modernization project converting back end Legacy system into front end VB/Oracle-based system.
- Responsible for data conversion and implementation of Human Resource Information System (HRIS) associated with Payroll components in VB/Oracle-based system.
- Involved in various phases of migration include, planning, Analysis, Design, Build, Testing and Implementation.
- Gathered requirements from Visteon Payroll Functional Specialists and over 25 vendors and analyzed the requirements of various interfaces including warranty lifecycle systems such as warranty claims, service contract and supplier recovery.
- Analyzed HR components such as Recruitments and Selection, Compensation and Benefits, Training and Development, and performance management. Recommended process improvements, innovative solutions, and policy changes.
- Developed and executed a standard project plan, utilizing vendor approved tools and methodology.
- Evaluated existing application and developed recommendations using COBOL, DB2, VSAM, TSO, and SQL.
- Inspected migration activities include data profiling, data cleansing, data exception mitigation and validating that the application side to make sure it works with the converted data.
- Extracted data from the source, transforming the data and loading it to the target system based on a set of requirements
- Worked with QA Management team developing policies, procedures and execution plans.
- Worked as a key architect and participated in developing Web-based online products to support interfaces between Visteon and Fidelity and Visteon companies in different countries.
- Assisted design process using web personalization techniques and developed using Java, and COM.
Production Manager/Project Leader
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- Gathered business requirements using UML, process flows and use cases, and modeling / mapping of business processes, both as-is and to-be.
- Coded and tested impacted programs using CICS, COBOL and DB2.
- Facilitated user acceptance test (UAT) with the stakeholders.
- Responsible for operating, scheduling and monitoring the production application systems (ISETS).
- Developed procedures to be followed by Production team and monitored to ensure compliance.
- Participated in Triage team and practiced risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitored project activities, advised staff of issues, and resolved any conflicts.
- Worked with clients and assisted moving their organization from SEI CMM level 2 or higher.
Engagement Manager/Business Analyst
Confidential, Merrillville, IN
- Responsible for a utility client site management of 15 consultants and worked individually as an analyst on customizing CIS (Customer Information System) application by analyzing the Legacy system.
- Increased account revenue over 200 percent by adding more consultants, securing new projects, and consulting engagements and by delivering new projects. Implemented changes to the existing system using change management.
- Streamlined the project control and reporting process with upper management and client partner.
- Worked as a BMS with IBM’s Center of Competency group. Participated in analyzing customer’s Legacy systems and customizing CIS (Customer Information System) in various modules such as Meter Reading, Billing, Electrical and Gas Customer Accounts per their requirements in IBM mainframe environment using CICS/COBOL/DB2.
- MICHCON - Primarily worked on IVR System, designed and developed part of this new system, which consisted of extract modules for marketing survey for Electrical and Gas utility customers.
- YANKEE - Worked on areas such as Deposit, and Billing, and also participated in design and development of new reports to improve the business activities.
- APS - Worked on areas such as Financial, and Billing. Responsibilities also included design and development of new reports to improve the business activities.
Confidential, South Bend, IN
- Worked as a mainframe analyst and designed and developed new tax subsystem using CICS, COBOL and VSAM.
- Also worked with Maintenance team and fixed day-to-day application problems and issues using IBM Mainframe COBOL, VSAM, TSO and JCL.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Designed and developed modules in Confidential -Child Support & Welfare System.
Confidential, Freeport, ME
- Prepared requirements documents, logical & Physical data design and development of Retail system
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Worked on Financial Reporting System and Conversion project for Confidential ’s.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes