Summary of Qualifications
Seasoned, results-producing management professional with over 21 years of Management and Supervisory experience both nationally and globally, earning multiple awards for Leadership and Performance. Skilled strategist in leading, training, mentoring, and motivating cross-functional teams to meet and exceed operational goals. Adept experience steering and directing all aspects of operations, administration, and budgeting. Successful in orchestrating multiple projects with competing priorities involving program development, safety initiatives, and quality control.
Corporate ExperienceMerrill Lynch, Jacksonville, FL 2008 – Present
- Led breakthrough quality management, leadership, and statistical tools through qualitative and quantitative analysis of data from collection of information among teams
- Prepared detailed project assessments during all phases of the project reporting status to senior management
- Mentored peers and management in the formulation of process improvement projects, as well as coach other employees and team members through one-on-one and team support
- Identified additional Business opportunities through partnership with other business units across the Bank
- Challenged status quo, conventional wisdom, and provided new ways of doing business by providing and stimulating Champion thinking
- Maintained strong relationships with aligned business areas to implement process improvement projects throughout each division
- Identified and implemented innovative business solutions through "Voice of the Client" analysis and fact-based decision making
Asset Transition Services Team Manager
Responsible for the timely and seamless transfer of client assets between financial institutions while providing a high level of quality service, support, and responsiveness to clients of Merrill Lynch, internal business partners, and outside financial firms.
- Supervise cross-functional finance teams in multiple international locations in the processing of delivers, receives, and exposure reporting for SEC reporting
- Utilizing numerous querying systems to include COGNOS, Excel, Access, SQL, and Bi-query to data mine critical data while providing consulting expertise to line managers on productivity issues, analyzing markets and operational impact in the business brought about by the project parameters
Military ExperienceConfidential 1987 - 2008
Provided direct supervision to 153 members in seven cross-functional teams, managed $3 million in operational assets, and provided support/counseling to personnel, including assistance in mission-critical incidents. Supervised and executed all training requirements in preparation for training and operational assignments worldwide.
- Recruited to lead and train personnel on maintenance, operations and change management, service quality, process improvement, performance measurement, team solutions, and leadership development
- Document findings of studies and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes through implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Provide ongoing operational process analysis, communicate project status, and identify and resolve operational issues and constraints
- Managed project resources as well as monitored the progress and completion of timeframes while exceeding key operational performance targets
Designed and presented training programs for the entire east coast S-3B Viking community, ranging from first-line supervisors to senior management teams to facilitate understanding of weapons systems and safety procedures.
- Lead eight project teams in improving business processes, ensuring optimum performance, and safety in all operations
- Managed, scheduled, and assigned training events for students and instructors
- Created, implemented, and supervised OJT training for maintenance personnel performing electrical and mechanical preventive and repair of defective components including management and scheduling of training resources
Ordnance Branch Supervisor
Quality Assurance Representative
Elevator Master Technician
EducationDoctorate of Philosophy, Organization and Management
Masters, Business Administration
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems