- I am a PMI certified Project Management Professional PMP 2005, 2009 with more than 10 years of professional experience within information technology IT , managing infrastructure and software development projects.
- I began as a network engineer, designing, installing, configuring, and managing large complex networks with 2000 to 100,000 users progressing into project/program management, where I planned and managed infrastructure and software development projects with budgets from 500K to 4.5M.
- I am also currently in development of my first PMO book, which Illustrates, instructs, and guides organizations towards creating and customizing a PMO roadmap to success. Its visual representation of processes and procedures, logical structure, workflow, mapping, tools, techniques, document and data management, infrastructure and security, etc. allow for phase implementation and scalability. A PMO process should have meaning and purpose to both the organization and project manager.
- I currently manage the leading edge project for which all IT Projects at Northern Trust worldwide. I designed and developed an interactive SharePoint environment to allow transparency and the management of more than 120 separate implementations projects including all local resources, scheduling, estimates, purchasing, delivery, documentation, installation, testing, support turn-over, signoff, etc. .
- My industry experiences include healthcare, banking, finance, telecommunications, transportation, and education.
- These full life cycle SDLC projects included:
- Global WAN Optimization and VOIP Qos
- Network infrastructure design, build-out, and maintenance
- Network Application migrations and rollouts
- Windows AD Network/Desktop migration, rollout administration
- Client/server and web-based software development waterfall and agile
- Engineered software as embedded operating system for hardware
- Data center design, build, manage, consolidation, and decommissioning
- Database Design and Development
- Wireless product development device engineering, testing, prototyping of GPS/GSM hardware
- My experience includes but not limited to the following PM activities:
- Identify, evaluate, and track the progress of risks, issues, dependencies, and key decisions
- Define work breakdown structures, estimate work effort, time resource load
- Create reports to track cost, schedule, resources, performance, PO, equipment, etc.
- Created SharePoint sites for collaboration and management of global projects.
- Facilitate discussions to identify and resolve complicated cross-team issues
- Track progress on team activities, project changes, and direct corrective action to keep tasks on schedule
- Develop indicators, measure progress, and report results to senior management
- Prepares the project plans, scope, goals, objectives, timelines, schedules, deliverables, milestones, budgets, required tasks, activities, work packages, definitions, and resources to meet project goals and objectives
- Responsible for RFIs, RFPs, SLAs, vendor selection, contracts, procurement, negotiations, etc.
- Schedules and facilitates status meetings for senior management and technical team
- Develops processes for measuring and analyzing project progress
- Prepares environment for team collaboration as well as provides mentoring and training
- In summary, my ability to coalesce my acute business acumen with my extensive understanding of complex technical processes, allows me to formulate a clear strategy for leading a team towards success.
- Thank you
- Jay Williams PMP 270965 708.672.7232 home 219.670.2235 cell jwilliamspmp gmail.com
- 10 years progressing from network engineering to managing projects
- Established Project Management Office PMO at hospital client of SIEMENS Medical Solutions SMS .
- Managed 21 concurrent variably-sized projects for SIEMENS, valued from 500k to 4.5M.
- Administrator of Change Management Review Committees CMRC
- Lead team of Cisco engineers and Datacenter SMEs to expand bandwidth capacity and connectivity at 2 Northern Trust datacenters Cisco Nexus 10Gig connectivity with FEX technology . 500K
- Develop strategy, project plan, lead team, interface with Northern Trust executives to deploy Riverbed WAN Optimization technology at 120 site Europe, India, Japan, China, Australia, Canada USA 4M
- Data Center Design, engineering, build-out DoD specs , and management for vendor of NASA
- Lead R D team engineering of GPS-based wireless hardware/software product for global tracking.
- Lead pilot program with State Farm Ins. for remote wireless reporting of logged data throughout the US.
- Secured and structured private funding to develop new technologies in the wireless space.
- Manage concurrent projects for ITTE Labs 7 teams, 46 members, in 4 countries .
- Document the complete SPRINT wireless Multi-Mode Distribution System MMDS in North America.
- Among first engineers in USA to build a complete End-to-End all Fiber Gigabit network to the desktop .
- Manage a portfolio of projects for HR and Associates with values greater than 5M
Programming Languages: SQL, HTML, DHTML, XML, C , Visual Basic, Pascal
- Visio 2007 MS Project CA Clarity Primavera Workbench Excel PowerPoint
- Access 2007 Word 2007 MS SQL InfoPath Oracle Mind Manager Novell
- Allegra GroupWise Windows7 Active Dir Cisco Citrix Remedy
- GEMS Systoc PeopleSoft TDS Filenet Vista XP Exchange
- Acronis SharePoint Outlook 2k7 Office 2003 Server 2k3/8 TeraData Photoshop
- Lotus Notes Team Room Office 2007 IBM Rational ClearQuest CVS Acrobat
- LiveMeeting System Cntr Visual Studio
- Operating Systems: MAC, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Win7, Server:2000/2003/2008, HyperV, VMware, UNIX, Linux
- Hardware: Riverbed, HP, Compaq, IBM, Dell, OmniCell, Pyxis, PACs, NAS, SAN, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, VPN, Cisco, TDS, Switches, Routers, Mainframe, AS400, GPS, Wavecom, Sierra, Advantra, Palm, RIM, Sony Ericsson, Motorola
- Internet IPV4/IPv6 VPN Email Dialup Token Ring Ethernet
- WAN LAN ATM Frame Relay DSL TCP/IP PPTP
- IPX/SPX OSPF EIGRP SNA RIP ISDN SMSC
- SMPP WCTP WAP VLAN VTP
- Wireless: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 , SMS/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS, CDMA, TDMA, IDEN, Reflex 25/50, Bluetooth, 802.11x
- Methodologies: Change Management, PMI, Project Management, PMBOK, Risk Management, Earned Value Management SDLC, CMMI, SDM
- Mapping: GIS, NAVTEQ, MS MAPPOINT, Google, ESRI, ArchInfo, TIGER, Geocode, Rasterized Maps, TerraData Maps, et
Sr. Project Manager
- Designed and administer SharePoint collaborative environment for managing WAN Acceleration and Optimization.
- Create, populate, and update SharePoint Web Parts, list, libraries, discussion boards, RSS, policy, security, etc.
- Develop SharePoint for collaboration and interaction between project teams, and collection of project documents from 120 sites globally including Europe, India, Japan, China, Australia, Canada, and the United States.
- Developed and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on Project performance PV,EV,SPI , monthly weekly Cost Management CPI, ETC EAC ,weekly IPLC documents, weekly Resource utilization
- Utilize MS Project to developed Master project plan for deployment to more than 120 sites around the world
- Lead Riverbed Steelhead SMEs and Cisco network engineers to develop deployment strategy, installation/testing/and back-out procedures, application testing tracking, verification, signoff, and turnover of 120 sites worldwide.
- Lead team of Cisco Engineers to deploy Qos for global VOIP rollout within the Northern Trust network 120 location - Europe, India, Japan, China, Australia, Canada, and the United States
- Lead team of NT and 3rd party Datacenter SME to upgrade 2 Northern Trust Datacenter with latest Cisco Nexus 5596 2248 Pods design to add 10G access for newly acquired banks and Oracle transactional databases, and NetApp storage.
- PMO document rigor, selection, development, updating, revision, approval, and management on all Northern Trust Infrastructure Project Development Lifecycle documents IPLC .
- Create, develop, and managed the project plans, risks, benefits, ROI, schedule, budget, cost, purchase order, equipment delivery, global resources, site surveys, questionnaires, communications, change management, vendors, etc.
- Manage project workbook risk log, issue log, action items, dependencies, etc.
- Develop BOM build of materials , internal approval, vendor invoicing, BOM procurement, reconciliation, etc.
- Vendor resource contract development, negotiations, approval process execution, etc.
Technologies:, Lotus Notes 8.5, Sametime, Acrobat creator, MS Project 2003 2007, SharePoint Server 3.0, 2010, Harmonie, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, Visio Professional, Remedy, Windows XP, Cisco, Riverbed Steelhead, Sentry Console Managers,
- Develop MS SQL database for handling transaction and initiating auto responses.
- Implemented PMO platform for multiple clients Primavera, CA Clarity, Project Server, SharePoint, Portfolio Server,
- Managed team Agile to the develop application to manage a prototype high-tech agriculture production center.
- Lead a team to design, plan, implement a global WAN project provision, image, install, secure, net mgmt, etc. .
- Team Lead to design, planning, implement of mini-data center, network, DB build, web, etc. for Agriculture project
- Lead developers, programmers, DBAs, BAs vendor resources to customize an intra-bank application.
- Create and manage: dashboard, project status, risk log, issue log, cost/schedule, technical and stakeholder meetings
- Develop business requirements, charter, plan, scope, schedules, estimates, resources, risks, communication, M A, etc
- Chair Project Management Steering Committee and a member of Directors Advisory Board
- Project Leader responsible to develop project plans, manage resources and meetings, budgets and vendors, procure equipment, communicate with clients, provide reports, manage change/issues log, and resolve issues.
- Comply with HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, NIST, regulatory standard TPM/TCG, FDE, VDE, EFS, IPSec, SSL, 2-factor auth
Technologies: Java, C , Ajax Microsoft Server 2003 2008 R2, MS SQL 2008, MS Project 2003 2007, SharePoint Server 3.0, MS Project Portfolio Server, MS Search Server Express Windows XP/Vista Windows 7, Active Directory, WDS, HyperV, Virtual PC 2007, VMWare ESX 3.5, Cisco 2900/3900 Switches and WPA2 Wireless, VLAN/VTP over ISL, VPN/IPSec, SSL, Direct Access, Ethernet cabling, Fiber ST/SC cabling, Seagate NAS w/FDE, , Oracle 10g, Ubuntu, , RAID 0/1/5/10, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Dell, HP, Equuscs, RAS, US Biometrics, Workbench, , UltraBac , DR/BC.
- Completed a 3-month contract to migrate JPMC 5 largest high-profile clients, to a new web-based application 25,000 user accounts with market value greater than 20 Billion .
- Perform business and process analysis of current and future client services
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure and resource management plan for migration to new web portal.
- Client facing role managing JPMC banking clients at the President and Sr. executive level.
- Client facing role managing client senior level security and governance executives
- Create and develop training documents for client executives to transition to new payable web services platform.
- Develop transition roadmap, migration plans, instructions, schematics, risk plan, back out strategy, and escalation.
- Executed pre- go-live client readiness process to ensure client go-live meets business requirements.
- Chair and manage executive level meetings, conferences, communications, and resolutions.
- TOOLS: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word, Lotus Notes, Visio, TeraData SQL, MS SQL, ACCESS, PWS, RPP
Manager - Project Manager
- Selected by SIEMENS to take an in-flight high profile customer project, reporting directly to CIO.
- Lead Change Management Review Committee CMRC and Information Technology Operations Committee ITOC .
- Lead 22 IT members including DBAs, programmers, engineers, and technicians, to meet strategic business objectives.
- Deployed more than 2,500 workstations Include: images, configuration, testing, security, printing, internet, AD, etc.
- 122 Servers consolidated or decommissioned within Data Center Analyze HW/SW, ownership, products, security, etc.
- Lead team of programmers to re-design asset and help desk management application.
- Network infrastructure build-out Cat5e, Fiber, MDF, routers, switches, power, and management at hospital 5-site campus.
- Cisco Opti-Man campus network availability using IBM Tivoli
- Migrate from Novel NDS structure and MS Active Directory
- Create Tactical assets charter, scope, risk, work plan, issues risk log, reports, test plans, change mgmt, go-live plan, etc
- Created project schedules, WBS, budget, activities, resource, critical path, EVM, PERT, GANTT, CPI, SPI,
- Managed all HR resources via PeopleSoft vacation, conflicts, employment, harassment, sick, personal, training, etc.
Technologies: Internet, intranet, VPN, email, Visio, MS Project Professional, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access, MindManager, Novell w/GroupWise, Active Directory, Cisco switches and routers , Nortel, HP, IBM, Dell, OmniCell, Pyxis, PACs, SOARIAN, SYSTOC, Allegra, TDS, Remedy, GEMS, PeopleSoft, Token-Ring, Ethernet, Fiber,
Sr. Project Manager Consultant
Sr. Project Manager / Sr. Network Engineer
Project Management responsibilities included:
Developing, initiating and closeout of projects, business requirements, integration plan, scope management plan, communication plan, HR, quality control, procurement plan, cost management, risk management, policy and procedures.
Network engineering responsibilities included:
Providing 3rd level support, architecture, layout, security, topology, translation, racks, power, site installation, IP addressing, floor plan, configuration, integration, testing, implementation and rollout plan, switches, routers, WiLAN, servers, storage, backup, communication, email, security, remote access, HVAC, premise security, power, fire protection and Disaster Recovery and continuity plan. Manage vendors, create RFP/RFQ, SOW, negotiate contracts and SLAs.
Data Analyst/Project Lead
- SDLC functions via EXPRESS PM software. Member of the WINDS winning in data services effort.
- Develop a strategy for the Provisioning and Mgmt of all SBC data services ATM, Frame Relay, DSL, etc. in 13 states.
- Lead a multi-state development team of DBAs, Modelers, Programmers and Data Analyst to develop/test new system.
- Business requirements, Technical Requirements, high-level detailed design, interface agreement, etc.
- Quality Assurance, Meta-Data Definitions, Data-Modeling, Test Data, UA Testing, etc.
Technologies: Quality Assurance, Meta-Data Definitions, Data-Modeling, Test Data, UA Testing, SDLC, Project Management, PANAGON, Filenet, eVista, Artemis, TIRKs, Primavera, TeraData, SQL, ATM, Frame Relay, DSL
ITTE Labs Inc.
IT Project Manager Interim Director of Wireless Operations
- Managed a diverse international team of developers to develop embedded OS voice, data, remote reporting control
- Led US team to develop client/server and web-based application combining wireless, GPS, and messaging
- Lead software engineering team to develop embedded operating system and APIs for proprietary hardware.
- Lead hardware engineering team to design, prototype, and manufacture proprietary multi-wireless GPS tracking device.
- GSM/GPS Lead in the global design, communication, and implementation of the back office network infrastructure
- Developed the business requirements and lead US-based hardware engineers to develop mobile hardware and firmware
- Lead in creating PMO and business operations sales, marketing, finance, sponsors, users, vendors, stakeholders budgets
- Negotiated SLA contracts with Top cellular, satellite, and paging carriers for wholesale voice/data and SIMs.
- Deliverable included: GSM 3G product 850/900/1800/1900 , CDMA, IDEN, Reflex 25/50, Satellite, and Bluetooth.
- Technologies: php, Java, C, SQL, Oracle9i, XML, WAP, XML, WCTP, CSD, GPRS, SMS MO, MT , EDGE, UMTX, WiFi,
- CDMA 1xRTT 2000, GSM, Reflex 25/50, Satellite, GPS, GIS, SMSC-Gateway, SMPP, Exchange, and Bluetooth, MS Project, Mindjet Mind Manager, WBS Express, VIP, Visio, NetInfo, SmartDraw, Win 2003 Enterprise, Active Directory, Sharepoint Portal Server 2003, Exchange 2003 Enterprise, OWA Outlook via RPC or HTTP , MS Office, MS SQL, Cisco, Fluke Net Inspector, VPN, IPSec, SSL, L2TP, EFS, WebDAV, and CA domain servers.
Sr. Project Manager
- Provided research and analysis of the sprint MMDS network throughout the continental United States.
- Develop comprehensive report that included: route cost/benefit analysis, market demographics, technology life-cycle studies, asset management, and emerging technology impact studies.
Technologies: Visio, HP Openview, SNMPc, Cisco View, MS Project, Smart Draw
- Sr. Project Manager
- Project. scope, time, cost, HR, quality, risk, procurement, communication, asset mgmt, and training for leads and managers
- Site and network planning and design, construction management and physical gigabit-to-desktop build-out of the data center bPower systems, fiber cabling systems, rack systems, HVAC, security, backup, etc
- Custom-build in-flight data gathering computers and storage system for helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft-based .
- Procurement and management of data center, corporate LAN and WAN, including hardware and software, routers, switches, desktops, servers email, web, database, image, etc. , tape backup devices, VPN devices, SAN, NAS, printers, plotters, security appliances, pioneered custom disk-2-disk tier 2 online storage systems, etc.
Technologies: Cisco, Alteon, Fiber Switches, 3COM, HP Netserver, Storage Rack, Kyak, 4-Terabyte Tape Library system, APC, Network Management System, Data Management Systems, Data/Network Security Systems, Disaster Recovery Systems, Online Storage, Archive Systems, RAS, VPN, L2TP, Redundant Power, Visio, MS Project, SmartDraw, HP OpenView NM , TNG, ArcServe Tape Library , Veritas, Ghost, HP NetRaid, AutoCAD, CAD Overlay for ACAD, QuickSurf, ER Mapper, ArcView, MicroStation, Exchange 5.5/2003, MS Outlook 2003, IIS, MS Office suite 97/2003, Photoshop, and Nortel.
- LAN site-design for distance learning network: include transport mediums, protocols, hardware specifications, videoconferencing specifications, software specifications, ISDN dial-up specification.
- WAN Design: Multi-site broadband communication, hardware specifications, Videoconferencing specifications, management software, Visio designs, IP addressing, Carrier Procurement and solicitations.
Technologies: LAN, ISDN, WAN, Visio
Project Manager Avl / Sr. Network Engineer Consultant
- Provide and manage build-out design includes: site designs and layouts: power, cabling, fire, emergency power
- Design network architecture Topology, IP address scheme, multi-protocol layout, load balancing, network equipment, CPU systems, connectivity and capacity, backup layout, asset management, and security layout.
- Designs secure LAN/WAN with converged voice/data design connecting 6 municipalities with autonomous systems.
- Design Automatic Vehicle Location system for vehicle and route management.
- Control center layout including: dispatcher, PBX integration, communication, and TMS integration
- Create Disaster Recovery plan, continuity plan, and training for both technical and end users.
- Business case, requirements, scheduling, cost management, benefit/cost ratio, cost and risk management and procurement
Technologies: Visio, MS Project, Active Directory, Win 2000, MS Exchange, MS Outlook 2000, VPN, IPSec, EFS, Cisco Works, IP, LAN, WAN, Disaster Recovery, Risk Management, PBX
- Re-design, install, and configure high-availability routing via multiple ISPs with fail-over and congestion relief migrating supporting 100,000 users HSRP, VLAN, ISL, VTP, BGPv4, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP from RADIUS to a core Cisco.
- Incorporate security measures to protect network core IDS, PIX, VPN, IPSec, L2TP, PPTP, PPP .
- Node and asset management via CiscoView, HP Openview NM, and SNMPc:Cisco 4700M Catalyst 5000/5500, ,
- Create RFPs, conduct solicitation, evaluate proposals, select vendor, negotiate contracts and service level agreements, provide training, evaluate and select vendors. Carriers include MCI, Digex and AT T.
Technologies: HSRP, VLAN, ISL, VTP, BGPv4, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, Cisco, IDS, PIX, VPN, IPSec, L2TP, PPTP, PPP
Local Area Network/Wide Area Network Integrator
- Provision, design, install, maintain, support and monitor ISDN, Pri-ISDN, 56k/64k, T1, Channelized T1, via Cisco 2500, 4700 and 7000 series routers to 29 locations via TCP/IP, PPTP, IPX/SPX, OSPF, EIGRP, SNA and RIP.
- Architect new IP Addressing scheme to provide support, management and security policies for Novell, Windows and Unix Servers, for 2000 users in the Illinois clinics. Worked in concert with AT T, Ameritech and MCI WorldCom
Technologies: ISDN, Cisco 2500/4700/7000, TCP/IP, PPTP, IPX/SPX, OSPF, EIGRP, SNA, RIP, Novell, Windows, UNIX Servers, Visio, SNMPC, HP Openview
- Enterprise Systems Engineer
- Create specifications, design and cost estimate for hardware, software and labor.
- Create budgets, schedule and implementation plan for complex and high availability networks for perspective clients.
- Implement multi-platform optical storage, archiving systems, ISDN, Pri-ISDN, T1, Channelized T1, 56k, 64k, Frame Relay, FDDI to Ethernet switching, PPP, PPTP, Chap, HP and SNMPc Network Management and Monitoring tools over TCP/IP, IPX/SPX OSPF, EIGRP and RIP. 3rd level network support Novell, NT, AppleTalk, Cisco . Client training
Technologies: ISDN, Pri-ISDN, T1, Channelized T1, 56k, 64k, Frame Relay, FDDI, Ethernet switching, PPP, PPTP, Chap, HP, SNMPc Network Management, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, Novell, Windows NT, AppleTalk, Cisco
- Migrate from Token Ring and ARCNET to 10base-T. Plan, design, implement, and maintain Raptor firewall product
- Lanalyzer for Protocol analysis, traffic monitoring, baselining, alerts, troubleshoot, reports , SNMP v4, HP Openview over TCP/IP, IPX/SPX OSPF, EIGRP, SNA, NetBIOS and RIP. Conduct Novell SNA integration w/Novell MPR Novell, UNIX, NT, Mainframe . Install and configure Cisco 2500/3000 routers.
- Support 4000 users on Novell 3.x/4.x, and Windows NT 3.51 w/SQL servers.