- Project Manager
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Network Engineer
- Technology Instructor
- VMware with Deployment
- Active Directory
- MS Office
- MS Project
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Software Security Deployment
- Patch Management
Custom bid organized jobs from 1 to 500 computers with servers, networks, software infrastructure. In charge of all Small to Medium size business server roll outs and upgrades, including project plan, development, and implementation, coupled with training and post-install support. Netbackup upgrade project, Server 2003 SP2 package rollout, SQL 2005 roll out package, Office 2003/2007 upgrade packages. Spearheaded a project to overhaul and standardize all of the documentation for the Principal IS Information Services group.
- Five years Policy Development Project Planning, IT Project Management, Implementation
- Managed a team of about a dozen for 3 years, did hiring, technical training, sales training, scheduling, developed employee handbook, customized and designed curriculum and training materials.
- Three Years VMWare Management experience, including Migrations, new deployments, reporting and Datastore Management.
- Three Years Altiris Automated Installation Packages with a focus on server patch management and complex software deploys for audit compliance.
- Managed a new CRM implementation project with focus on software rollout, new hires, and training.
- Fifteen years custom computer build, PC repairs, hardware maintenance server repair.
- Four years Messaging experience, Small Business Server 2003, Exchange 2000, 2003 2007
- Four Years IIS Administration with internal and external deploys, IIS5, IIS6, IIS7 experience
- Nine years OS Deployment and Hardware maintenance, HP, IBM, Compaq, Dell, VMware
- Nine years Windows 2003 Server Active Directory Administration, 4 Years Windows Server 2008.
Chronological Summary of Experience
Systems Engineer, Contract
- Developed VBscripts and batch scripts for moving files, performing audit tasks, and restarting services.
- Worked with a local tool called resubmitter which was used to edit and parse XML and SQL queries.
- Performed duties in SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 to query databases on job statuses and make corrections as necessary.
- Managing a SAN addition project to BCP and Production environments.
- Edited .pdf, .pxd, and .xml files for proper submission through the PanX, RF, and Filenet systems.
Systems Analyst II, Contract
- Primary lead on the documentation project, updating SharePoint and Workflow documentation to match new self-created standard for all Intel Server Team documents and game plans.
- Server testing of documentation on Veritas Cluster, Veritas Enterprise Administrator, Symantec Endpoint Protection, VMware Guests and ESX Hosts, and Windows Server 2003 and 2008 patching policies and procedures.
- Performed VMware guest migrations between hosts, and from physical to virtual, as well as adding virtual resources such as disk, memory, and CPU.
- Responsible for datastore monitoring and live migrations in our DRS pool.
- Responsible for Windows patching and security compliance daily audit tasks, including scanning and deployment of Server 2003 and Server 2008 patches, hotfixes, and service packs.
- Performed lead role in all Active Directory patching, hardware break/fix, and service pack deployments.
- Currently on night on-call, which tasks include OS and application troubleshooting, break-fix, hardware maintenance and repair, and performing patching and security compliance work with Symantec Endpoint and WSUS.
- Supervised four overseas workers in Pune, India, managed their workflow, developed training, implemented policies and hands-on training sessions, validate and verify all their primary workload.
Systems Engineer, Contract
- Managed and maintained 2500 servers across multiple datacenter locations for multiple lines of business.
- Key responsibilities included server builds and deployments of Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, P2V Virtualization efforts, and software deployments.
- Primarily responsible for HPSA/Opsware automation remediation scripting, using VBS and batch scripts deployed via HPSA/Opsware automation tool to remediate non-compliant security settings.
- Primary lead on the largest GPO remediation and deployment effort of 2010 involving remediations and deployment of new GPO and security settings to 1800 servers across the test, non-production, and production environments for all of the lending community. Daily tasks included OS patching, software deployment, scripting, and code deployment to servers.
Outsourced Network Engineer Project Manager
- Served as an outsourced independent W-9 contractor to several area small businesses, ranging in size from 3-150 users, from single server to a dozen servers or more in a virtualized environment across Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003 platforms.
- Performed PC and Server break fix, diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Set up and managed a new Exchange 2007 server, and setup WSUS for patch management at several new client sites
- Implemented a new managed care system for preventative maintenance at a large eye clinic.
- Designed and implemented a network rebuild with two existing servers, reassigned IP infrastructure, installed new Sonicwall firewall, created new GPOs, and rolled out CA Corporate Anti-Virus
- Locked down Exchange 2003 server with new outbound smart host. Created and designed a new GPO upgrade strategy for a Server 2000 to Server 2003 Active Directory migration, performed testing of settings migration.
- Created a backup system and offsite backup strategy for a small business using a combination of online and tape backup, xcopy, robocopy, and Backup Exec 11D.
Systems Engineer, Contract
- Managed up to 1700 Servers across multiple locations and multiple lines of business.
- Responsible for server builds and installation of Microsoft Server 2000 Server 2003 Enterprise Edition including base line of support applications such as Symantec Anti-Virus, Veritas Enterprise Storage Foundation, ESM Security 6.5, Real Secure, HP OVO Management Agent, IPSwitch WS-FTP, NDM Secure , Veritas Netbackup, Qlogic SAN manager.
- Remote management and application support on HP, Dell, IBM Blade VMware servers.
- Developed and implemented the game plan Altiris installation package for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2. Created Altiris installation packages, documentation, and installation Game plans for IPSwitch WS FTP, Service pack 2, OVO, Real Secure, Microsoft Office 2003, Office 2007, Microsoft SQL 2005.
- Developed and designed the HP Opsware deployment and tools roll out process as well as implementing the training and documentation policies and procedures for Opsware deployment.
- Responsible for daily break-fix maintenance across business lines, and a daily security audit process which was automated through enhanced scripting tools.
- Personally responsible for game plan, testing, and roll out of our Windows 2000 to 2003 migrations for all VMware HP servers.
Network Engineer Technology Consultant
- Managed, maintained, and performed project work and analysis for over 40 customers simultaneously with regular managed care services.
- Personally developed the company standards for documentation of service requests, as well as standards for Backup Exec processes and procedures, Sonicwall Firewall Security Appliance installation and maintenance, Windows XP Vista roll-out and management, Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007 corporate standards for installation, backup, and maintenance.
- Trained employees on company standards and on new product and project work deployment.
- Developed working standard and became technical lead of the Anti-Spam and content management services. Developed standard and documentation for MS Exchange 2007 roll out and deploy.
- Migrated companies first two deployments of Exchange 2007 with Groupwise Exchange 2003.
- Performed Disaster Recovery and backup systems maintenance for all managed care customers in the Des Moines markets utilizing NAS Symantec Products.
Project Manager Contractor
- This was a short term contract as Project Manager, where I was dedicated to implementing new sales marketing strategies, hiring a sales force, implementing a CRM package, developing a leads management system.
- Trained hired new employees, developed custom web content for online sales system, reviewed and recommended new strategies for inventory control, purchasing, accounts receivable. We were able double service and toner maintenance and delivery within 3 months of project implementation.
- Created marketing materials and performed follow up calls for sales delivery items.
- Performed general PC Server maintenance for 5 user environment with offsite backup.
- Served as technical trainer to medical professionals on a custom software Electronic Medical Record suite. Worked as a trainer teaching and training as few as 5 to as many as 100 users simultaneously on advanced software user features, setup and customization.
- Developed curriculum and customized training solutions for each individual client.
- Trained and performed installation, customization, and setup for a Microsoft SQL-based imaging product.
Computer Technology Instructor
- Responsible for first 30-weeks of instruction, including Microsoft Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems, PC Hardware Concepts, Basic Electronics MS Office Fundamentals. Focus on adult learners provide goal setting, professional development, and hands-on practical training.
- Developed and revised curriculum, created maintained lesson plans, preserved positive, customer-centric learning environment.
- Served as Network Administrator on Windows Server 2003 network with 200 users, including installing new server project and setting up network security policies.
- Managed Group Policy, Backup with Backup Exec, as well as ISA firewall rules and policies.
- Managed a computer retail outlet with 10 employees. In charge of human resources, hiring, scheduling, inventory management and inventory purchasing, project management, policy management policy implementation. In charge of new computer sales and computer repair, sell jobs and new PC's to customers, maintain government and school accounts, as well as handling all web sales.
- Responsible for all Dymin Public Relations, guest speaking, lectures, and new hire training.