- CORE COMPETENCIES IT Program/Project Management. Forecasting and Budget Planning, Process Development, Improvement and Control, IV V Process Audit, QA Audit, Software Quality Assurance, ERP/SAP/Oracle EBS Test Management, Building and Managing Test Center of Excellence TCoE . Building and Managing Quality Management Office QMO , Technology Development, Change Management, Program and Portfolio Management, Staff Development, Strategic Business Planning, Road Map creation for new product development and implementation, Off-Shore Development and Off-Shore/On-shore Team Management. Quality Assurance, Testing, Data Quality, Data Migration/Conversion, Data Validation and Process Engineering with responsibilities for the analysis, design, development, and direction of total quality management, process improvement, manual, automation and performance testing functions
- Senior IT Program Manager, Senior Project Manager, QA Manager, ERP/SAP Test Manager, Oracle R12 Project Manager, QA Director, Oracle EBS Test Manager,
- Ensured consistency in adapting best methodologies, elevating project management for several organizations managing Projects/Programs from 1M to 30M
- Energized project/program management teams as a partner and bridged gaps between diversified branches, advancing PM Standards, curtailing project derailments meeting stakeholder, client and business expectations
- Strategic problem-solver who envisions smart solutions and executes with urgency across all levels of the organization.
- Hands-on leader with an extensive background in Project Management complimented by diverse talents in Technology, Quality Assurance and Leadership.
- Over 18 years of extensive hands on experience with Program and Portfolio Management, Operational Management, Project Life Cycle management, ERP Test Management, Documentation, Methodologies Off Shore Project Management, off shore and client side QA testing coordination, QA Audit and implementation of CMM for software quality.
- Proven experience QA Audits, ICD-10 Compliance Audit, IV V Audits, Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Defect Management, Technical Architecture, Design, Development and Delivery experience.
- Hands on experience in all types of testing such as Black Box, White Box, Sand Box, Regression, Integration, Load, Stress, Performance and User Acceptance testing, Model creation, Use case development, and Business Case Validation. Developing Test plans, Test Templates and Test cases.
- Experience in Data Conversion/Migration, Data Quality, Data Analysis, Data Validation and Testing activities.
- Expert knowledge in Development Methodologies Agile, Waterfall, RUP, RAD, SDP21, OO, Fusion, SDM, V-Model, CMM, CMMI, ASAP
- Extensive business domain knowledge and experience in Package Implementations, ERP Project Management, ERP QA and Test Management, SAP Business Modules, Oracle Applications, Automotive Manufacturing, Banking, Pharmaceutical, P C Insurance, Healthcare, Chemical and Engineering industries, Web/Internet based businesses, EDI/back-end integration, ERP and O/E procurement, Client/Server architecture design, Internet and ERP application architecture design, application development, testing and delivery experience
- Recognized for creativity and innovation in the resolution of difficult and complex situations. Ability to think outside traditional parameters to devise low cost solutions to those situations. Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills, a creative problem solver and enjoy complex, difficult challenges.
E-Commerce: IIS, MS Site Server Commerce Edition, MTS, SQL Server, T-SQL, VB Script, ASP, COM, DCOM, SAP E-Commerce, IBM E-Business, B2B E-Procurement, B2C Online Sales
ERP Modules Programming: ECC 6 - SAP ABAP/4, SAP BW certification, Certification in SAP Script, SAP Solution Manager, EDI, SAP IT Industrial Transportation , ASAP, SAP Automotive Training. SAP EDI Assistant, SD, MDM, MTI, OTC, STP and RTR. Oracle EBS Oracle Applications R12 - Inventory, EAM Asset, Fixed Asset, HR, PA, AGIS, EB Tax and Financials
Data Migration: Legacy System Migration Workbench LSMW , Back Office Associates BOA
Quality Assurance Software Quality: MS Visual Test, SQA/IBM/Rational Suite, HP/Mercury Interactive Testing Tools including ALM, Segue Testing Tools, Compuware QA Tools
Bug Tracking and Version Control: Clear Quest, Test Director/Quality Center/ALM QC 4.0 through 11.0 , PVCS Tracker, Visual Source Safe, Track Record, QA Director
MS Windows Application Development Tools: Visual Basic 3.0/4.0/5.0, MS Access 2.0/7.0/2000, Developer 2000, Visual C .
Databases: Oracle 7.0/8.0/9i/10i, SQL Server 2000, MS Access 2.0/7.0
Document Management: Open Text Livelink, Documentum
Software Packages: MS Office, Clarity PPM, Word Perfect, MS Project, Visio
Operating Systems: MS DOS, UNIX, Windows 3.1, Windows NT, Windows 95, XP Pro, Vista
Network: Windows NT, UNIX, Lotus Notes, Novel, Rumba, SQL Net
Languages: Pascal, C, Shell Scripting, MS Word Basic, VB, 4GLs, ABAP/4, JAVA, Java Script, ASP, VB Script, ASP.NET, VB.NET, COM
Methodologies: CMM, CMMI, RUP, RAD, Agile, SDP 21, SDM, Waterfall, V-Model, Fusion, ASAP
Role: Program Manager, QMO
Environment: MVC, .Net, iSuite, ICD10, Windows 7, Quality Center 10.0, Clear Quest 8.0, QTP 10.0, SharePoint, MS Project, Oracle DB
- Build and Manage Quality Program Management Office QMO for a 10 M program for Testing/QA efforts across multiple inter-related work streams implementing ICD10 Remediation, Healthcare Case Management, Disease Management, Utilization Management and Utilization Review functional areas
- Developed proposals for QMO set up and other specific testing needs for Aetna/AHH. Presented solution approach and proposals to Aetna/AHH leadership
- Developed reusable and standardized test asset library such as testing standards, test plans, test cases, test development approach, Test Automation Strategy, defect management process and guidelines and templates
- Developed Test Data Repository to be used across multiple applications and for repeatability
- Developed and successfully implemented IT and Quality Assurance Road Map
- Optimized use of Aetna standard tools such as HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest
- Achieved improved alignment between IT Application Development, Business, Clinical staff and PMO which helped increase QA efficiency and do more with existing QA budgets, tools, environments and people using shared services QMO model.
- Developed and Managed ICD10 Implementation Program from Analysis, ICD9 to ICD10 Business and Systems impact, budget and resource allocations, Implementation Plan and Vendor management.
- Created Test Strategy, Test Plan and Project Plan for ICD10 Remediation
- Developed client/ vendor integration strategy for ICD10 Remediation and End to End test scenario creation
- Managed off-shore and on-shore QA Teams for successful delivery of projects using 24/7 testing model
Role: Senior Project Manager
Environment: Guidewire 7.0 PC, BC and CC , Oracle, Java, JE22, Rally Enterprise Edition , ALM QC 11.0, QTP 10.0, Performance Center 9.0 LoadRunner , Agile Development, P C Insurance, Continuous Integration, Stabilization, Cognos Reporting, MS Project, Windows 7
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
- Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Lead Testing Center of Excellence TCoE establishment effort including QA roadmap development, tools/environment selection, methodology/process/template development, training development and rolling out the TCoE
- Developed Test and QA processes for TCoE and implemented across the organization.
- Developed Test Center of Excellence framework comprising of strategic assets such as People, processes, tools and technology to govern how TCoE based testing organization engages and delivers highly efficient testing services across the enterprise.
- Played active role in project planning activities in an Agile Development Environment.
- Coordinated with Policy Center and Billing Center teams in integration activities
- Developed an effort estimation and staffing plan for stabilization test phase
- Built the team from ground-up by interviewing and hiring experienced Guidewire QA Analysts for the Guidewire suite
- Developed Modular Test Design Framework for End to End Test case designing and development
- Conducted daily defect triage meetings with all the three Guidewire Centers implementation teams for timely resolution of defects and retesting
- Collected test metrics and reported to PMO Stake Holders
- Developed trend analysis to identify problem areas and mitigation process.
Role: Sr. Oracle R12 Implementation and Test Manager
Environment: Oracle Applications R12, Oracle EBS ERP E-Business Suite - FI SLA, GL , FA, EB Tax, AGIS, CM, Purchasing, AP, AR and PA , HP QC 10.0, QTP 10.0, Ariba, Windows 7, MSS Maestro Scheduler , Business Objects XI, PVCS, MS Office Tools MS Project and Visio , Legacy and Lawson ERP
- Manage and coordinate Atlas Project Implementation across McGraw-Hill Global Entities across Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, US and Canada.
- Plan, Strategize, Coordinate and Execute System Integration Testing, End to End Testing, and User Acceptance testing activities between TCS, Wipro and McGraw-Hill end users. Developed a test framework based on E2E Test Scenarios that cover McGraw-Hill business processes
- Oversee data migration activities, data validation and release management
- Created Business Objects Reports test strategy, Plan and included in the test schedule.
- Lead and develop impact analysis for the McGraw-Hill Education Spilt project
- Plan for Mock Cutover activities
- Plan for Go-Live activities
- 3600 End users for Atlas after go live
- 297 End users participating globally in UAT under my supervision
- Developed Test Readiness checklist, reviewed with all stake holders prior to UAT Kick-off and confirmed readiness of all dependencies, environments, resources, test data and Interfaces.
- Coordinated On-Site, Off-Shore and McGraw-Hill, TCS and Wipro resources and Managed testing, defect management and reporting activities
- Managed test metrics creation and management reporting activities
Role: Sr. Oracle EBS Test Manager - QA, ERP Testing and IV V Audit Compliance
Environment: Oracle Applications R12, Oracle EBS ERP E-Business Suite, Inventory, EAM Asset, Fixed Asset, HR and Financials , ETL, Data Loader, HP Quality Center 9.5, QTP 9.5, IBM Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, Windows XP Professional, UNIX, Business Objects XI.
- Developed an integrated test solution based on Business Process Model Testing
- Developed Test Case Design around Oracle EBS Modules that match the AF Business Processes
- Developed Data Validation Strategy and Validation Plan based on IV V Process Methodology
- Developed Test Plan and Test Strategy for Data Specific Testing DST
- Developed Data Testing Plan and Schedule
- Developed and executed data validation test cases during data conversion.
- Developed test scenarios to test Business Objects reports
- Managed defect Management and Retesting using Quality Center.
- Responsible for Quality Center Administration and Rational tools integration with QC as a backup
- Acted as a liaison between Test team, Solution Development, Data Quality, Data Life Cycle Management DLM and Air Force SME Teams for defect resolution.
- Managed pre-data conversion activities such as, Data Quality Analysis workshops, Data Mapping workshops to develop CV40/50/60 Documentation and DRR Data Readiness Recommendations Documentation
- Responsible for developing E2E Functional Test Scenarios for A
- Management Status Reporting related data loads, data fall out, Asset Management, and Vehicle Maintenance functional areas.
Role: Program Manager, Quality Assurance
Environment: 3L Core ERP, CITRIX, MILES 33, Oracle 10i, SQL Server, IIS, EDW, .NET, C , BugTracker, Cumulus, Knowledge Lake, SalesForce.com, Legacy, MS Office, MS Project AND Windows XP Professional.
- Responsible for building and managing the entire QA Program for the project
- Built Test Center of Excellence for the organization to focus on processes, tools and industry best practices.
- Developed plan for utilizing shared resources, common processes and best practices based on TCoE model.
- Developed QA/Testing processes and implemented throughout the organization.
- Developed work assessment and staffing plan
- Defined a strategic direction and QA roadmap for the new product testing and implementation.
- Defined the QA Program requirements and infrastructure requirements for the organization based on the business need.
- Built the QA Team from ground up based on the program requirements and staffing plan.
- Developed customized test framework and strategy to fit the Agile application development. Based on the volume of business requirements and available time to market, a Test Framework that fits into the project schedule has been developed. The goal of the test frame work is to reduce test development and execution time by more than 50 . A combination of two test models is used to develop the test framework.
- Reverse Engineering based test development
- Business Process Model BPM driven test design
- Helped in successful Pre and Post Implementation Processes and Sanity Testing
- Successfully trained, mentored and managed 12 member team
- Coordinated with 3L Core development team in defect tracking and resolution
Role: Senior Manager
Environment: Quality Center 9.0, PVCS, VSN, Caliber, ASP.NET, Oracle 10x, DB2, SDP 21 QA Audit, J2EE, Windows XP, UNIX, SOX Compliance
- Lead GMAC through SDP QA Audit and SOX Compliance processes on the SmartAuction Project as preparation activities for IV V Audits.
- Based on IV V findings, guided project managers in identifying problems on an ongoing basis
- Conducted and in-depth review of foundational project documents such as Project Charter, Scope Statement, Business Case Justification and Selection Criteria.
- Reviewed Project Status Documents and Meeting Minutes
- Reviewed various project planning documents such as Project Plan, Risk Management Plan, Configuration Plan, Communication Plan, Regulatory Compliance Plan, Test Plan, Performance Test Plan and UAT Plan
- Interviewed various key team members such as Project Sponsor, Project Stake Holders, Project Managers and other key team members.
- Helped build the Off-Shore Infosys Test team and trained them on GMAC processes and documentation based on SDP 21 m thodologies and to b complaint with IV V Processes.
- Participated in SOX Compliance audit and developed audit readiness documents on several processes to the satisfaction of GMAC.
Role: Sr. SAP Test Manager
Environment: Windows XP Professional, Legacy, ECC6, MDM MM , MTI MM , OTC FICO , STP SD and RTR CRM , Back Office System , SolMan, MS Team Site, HP Quality Center 9.0, BPT for SAP Automation, Off-shore test management
- As Test Manager, I am responsible for managing 4 Master Data and Process test teams for the Material, Vendor, Product and Customer domains for Release R1B, R1C, R2A and R4B that include Dairy products, Meat Products, Coffee and Groceries and Beaver Dam, Marathon, Springfield, Bentonville, Davenport, Coshocton, Walton, Woodstock, Campbell and Lowville plants
- Created test strategy and test plans for each release and plant data loads
- Test Design mainly focused around SD Module and Source To Pay STP functions integrating with other areas such as OTC, MTI and RTR
- Coordinated release/build roll-out to multiple plants in each release.
- Created test automation strategy using BPT for SAP and worked with IBM India off-shore team for automation implementation
- Created Quality Center user guidelines for best practices and efficient use of QC across the organization
- Reviewed test cases written by process and test teams for compliance, requirements coverage and optimized test process.
- Trained several teams on Quality Center usage and defect management process
- Developed lessons learned documentation for each roll out and identifying problem areas for improvements in the next release
- Implemented an efficient Defect Management process using lessons learned and developed root cause analysis
- Created data quality plan to efficiently manage data migration activities and to prevent data load issues.
- Managed off-shore manual testing team during the regression testing process for different plant data loads and successfully implemented Regression test activities.
- Conducted hands on test script execution on Web Portal and SAP Modules to help the team meet delivery deadlines.
Qualified and got acceptance by HP Software for their HP SW Universe for a presentation on Tips and Tricks for successful implementation of BPT for SAP to be held at Las Vegas, NV in July '08
Role: Project Manager ICD-10 Initiative
Environment: Windows XP Professional, Java, ASP, MS Access 7, Medical Billing and Claims system Simplicity, UNIX, Mainframe Legacy, Test Director 8.0
- Provided consultancy for Continuum Management Services leading a team of business analysts, systems architect and developers for the ICD-10 Implementation initiative.
- Developed a conversion planning checklist for all the Continuum Clients and Vendors that breaks practice tasks to greater detail
- Conducted an audit to evaluate organizations readiness for ICD-10 Implementation
- Developed ICD-9 to ICD-10 conversion mapping
- Identified workflows that need to be changed at Continuum such as Clinical Documentation, Encounter Forms, Super Bills, Public Health Reporting Forms etc.
- Conducted a review and analysis on common diagnosis codes on claims by specialty and how they are changing in ICD-10
- Developed a transition plan and schedule for migration of the project
- Developed test plan and test strategy for the implementation
- Worked with vendors to develop a vendor readiness plan
- Assessed training needs for clinical and billing staff
- Managed project team and provided regular status updates to upper management
Role: Sr. Program Manager
Environment: Windows NT, Windows 2000 Professional, XP, ASP, COM, ASP.NET, VB Script, VB, Java, Java Script, HTML, XML, C, Shell Scripts, UNIX, SQL Server 2000, DB2, IIS, Clarity PPM, Quick Test Professional 8.2/9.0/9.1, Test Director 8.0, Quality Center 8.2/9.0, BPT 8.2/9.0, LoadRunner 8.0/8.1
Automation and Functional Testing:
- Completely reorganized automation department. Defined, created and implemented an automation frame work covering different LOBs, POS and PMS systems. Adopted data driver architecture.
- Rebuilt the team to fit the defined business needs and framework developed.
- Improved script development, delivery and maintenance efficiencies. Conducted automation value analysis. Designed cost benefit analysis and implemented for each new project.
- Authored Test Director User Guidelines , got SEPG approvals, released and implemented through out the organization in order to implement and use Test Director as one test management tool.
- Helped create standardization of test management processes across all projects. Defined, created and implemented root cause analysis.
- Lead a team to create test metrics, documented and implemented across all projects. Defined new test cases writing approaches and implemented to reduce test points and testing budgets by improving test design.
- Adopted functional decomposition methodology and creation of common function libraries and helped optimization of test case writing activities. Improved testing efficiencies, reduced test budgets/resources by introducing test architecture, test design strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining virtual teams from multiple locations such as Worcester-MA, Howell-MI, Chicago-IL and Off-shore-India.
- Developed and introduced Release Based Regression Testing concept, got acceptance and approvals from top management and SEPG groups and successfully lead the implementation for each release.
Performance and Load Testing:
- Conducted an audit related to Hanover Performance testing requirements and existing processes
- Developed a performance test analysis, conducted feasibility study, conducted cost benefit analysis and submitted a report to the management for approval.
- Established performance test requirements and initiated performance and load testing activities by interacting with all stake holders
- Created a Performance Test Framework for POS Point of Sale System
- Hired and built the performance test team, mentored and trained test group, BA group and developers for a better understanding of performance test activities and processes
- Identified different tests needed to be conducted under performance testing such as..
- Multi-user Capability Test
- Stress Test
- Volume Test
- Endurance Test
- Identified different monitoring systems needed and established monitors for root cause analysis and capacity planning, such as
- BMC Patrol
- Business Bridge
- Site Scope and
- Established performance test lab by identifying test environment and working with SCM Group for LoadRunner script execution during each release cycle
- Received exceeds expectations award and incentive compensation based on performance straight two years. Represented QA Practice Center in several meetings with higher-ups and presented QA Achievements, strategy and progress.
- Represented Hanover at Mercury World 2005 and 2006 Implemented BPT, QTP 9.0/9.1 and QC 9.0, LoadRunner 8.1 upgrades. Actively participated in employee development plans, CSTE certification initiatives and Gartner Test Strategy implementation initiatives.
- Responsible for defining QA Architecture, hiring test architects, cost estimations, budgeting, resource identification and allocation activities.