- Result oriented professional with 16 years of versatile experience across diverse organizational domains.
- Proficient in analyzing information system needs, evaluating end-user requirements, custom designing solutions, troubleshooting for complex issues.
- Demonstrated leadership, teaming, organizational and people-management skills with consistent performance levels in excess of job requirements.
- Well versed in Oracle Applications database administration, Core Oracle database administration, Application Server administration, Basic Unix Administration, Shell Scripting/ Automation Tools, DBA Training.
- Skilled in supporting Oracle Applications 12.1.3, 126.96.36.199, 11.5.9, 11.5.6, 11.5.5, 11.5.4, 11.5.3, 11.5.1, 11.0.3, 10.7 on Solaris, Linux, HP UX AIX
- Knowledge of international work culture by virtue of overseas exposure in the US.
POSITION: Project Manager
Projects Undertaken and Responsibilities
Oracle E-Business Suite12.1.3, Oracle RDBMS 188.8.131.52, AIX 5.3
- Played an active role in efforts towards stabilization of Jacobs applications
- Migration of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 from AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1
- Upgrade of Oracle database from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- Upgrade of JDK to Java 6 SR 14
- Migrate the tablespaces to OATM model
POSITION: Applications Architect 4
Oracle E-Business Suite18.104.22.168, Oracle RDBMS 11.1.0.x, 10.2.0.x, Oracle Fusion Middleware 22.214.171.124, Oracle Weblogic Server 10.3.4, Oracle Collaboration Suite 10.1.2, Oracle Discoverer 11.1.1, 10.1.2.2, Oracle Enterprise Manager 10.2.0.4, Solaris 10, Redhat Linux 5.6
- Received the Above Beyond bronze reward in Feb 2013
- Received the Above Beyond bronze reward in Nov 2012
- Manage and lead a team of 12 DBAs
- Technical lead for the datacenter migration project
- Planned and lead the transition of DBA services from existing vendor to new offshore vendor
- Monitor /delegate and manage the offshore DBA services
- Actively involved in integration activities upon acquisition of Dresser by GE
- Migration of document repository from Oracle Collaboration Suite to in-house libraries
- Identify process gaps and implement process improvements
- Identify resource and training gaps and address them
- Actively involved in re-architecture of existing database footprint
- Monitor production databases for optimal performance
- Support functional and technical teams with DBA requests
- Basic unix and solaris zone administration
- Plan and execute disaster recovery exercises
- Shared application technology stack implementation for Oracle Applications 126.96.36.199
- Load balancing of forms/web nodes using F5 BIG IP
- Load balancing of Mobile Servers using Dispatcher
- Implementation of centralized Discoverer 10g application server and integration with Oracle Applications 188.8.131.52
- Upgrade of Discoverer from 4 to 10.1.2.2
- Configuration of Oracle Applications Tablespace Model OATM
- Performance tuning of Apache Jserv for Oracle Applications 184.108.40.206
- Upgrade of Oracle Applications from 11.5.9 to 220.127.116.11
- Reorg of Oracle Applications Queue Tables
- Oracle collaboration suite administration
- Workflow mailer configuration and troubleshooting
POSITION : Senior Consultant
Oracle Applications 11.5.6, 11.5.5, 11.0.3 , Sun Solaris 8, 2.6 , Oracle RDBMS 8.1.x, 8.0.6
- Responsible for monitoring our offshore delivery model, tracking/validating the quality of work and suggesting process improvements.
- Piloted the fast track initiative, which involved step-by-step documentation of basic dba procedures to help transition these tasks to level 2 and offshore resources.
- Fast track Change Manager for Oracle Applications related changes.
- SME for Oracle Applications database administration.
- Identify bottlenecks with our existing proactive monitoring. Develop monitoring scripts as required to fill the gaps.
- Rearchitect solutions for our customers for improving performance. Identify bottlenecks in the current architecture. Perform Schema Reorgs, IO Subsystem reconfiguration.
- Provide application support dba services to our customers. These include oracle applications patching, cloning, dot upgrades, end user trouble ticket resolution, assistance to functional/technical teams.
POSITION: Senior Consultant II
Oracle Applications 11.5.6, 11.5.5, 11.5.4, 11.5.3, 11.5.1, 11.0.3 , Oracle RDBMS 8.1.x, 8.0.6, 7.3.4 , Solaris 8, 2.6 , HP UX 11.0
- Responsible for standardizing the support procedures, processes used for several of our clients.
- Responsible for developing Run Books and documentation templates.
- Responsible for standardizing and developing proactive monitoring procedures and scripts.
- Responsible for architecting the standard operating environment for new clients.
Installation/Upgrade of Oracle Applications
- Installed Oracle Applications 11.5.5, 11.5.3, 11.5.1, 11.0.3
- Upgrade of Oracle Applications from 11.5.3 to 11.5.6
- Upgrade of Oracle Applications from 11.5.3 to 11.5.4
Upgrade and Patch Management
- Manage the cycle of application patches to resolve bugs, problems and functionality issues.
- Define and implement the patch application process
- Perform database upgrades
- Perform Developer 2000/6i upgrades
- Perform JInitiator and JDK upgrades
- Monitor system disk space
- Monitor table spaces
- Monitor swap space
- Monitor free space
- Monitor extents
- Monitoring fragmentation
- Monitoring disk I/O
- Monitoring CPU Utilization
- Monitoring user activity
- Monitoring active and runaway sessions
- Lock Management
- Rollback segment contention
Critical Process Management
- Monitoring Oracle Applications to track
- Concurrent managers
- Interface managers
- User sessions
- Database availability
- Listener status
- Print queues
- Network availability
- User Level Security
- Applications Security
- Database Security
POSITION Programmer Analyst
Oracle Applications 11.0.3, Oracle RDBMS 8.0.5, Sun Solaris 2.6, Sun Enterprise 3500/450/250
- Installation of Oracle Applications 11.0.3, Oracle RDBMS 8.0.5 on Sun Solaris 2.6
- Installation of Oracle Application Server 3.0.2
- Configuration of Self Service Web Applications.
- Installation of Self Service HR.
- Implementation of hardware RAID 0 1 using Raid Manager.
- Volume, file system creation using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Physical/Logical database design.
- Concurrent Manager Configuration, tuning.
- Printer server setup and configuration.
- Configuration of Standard Register Print Server for check printing.
- Application of patches
- Formulated the disaster recovery strategy.
- Implementation/automation of backups.
- SQLNET configuration.
- Deployment of monitoring scripts.
- Migration of customized code.
- Installation of ADI on end user desktops
- Load balancing forms servers.
- Design of security policy.
- Installation of Cobol complier
- Integration of Vertex with Oracle Payroll
Oracle Applications 11.0.3, Oracle RDBMS 8.0.5, Sun Solaris 2.6, Sun Enterprise 450/250
- Installation of R2I Oracle Applications 11.0.3, Oracle RDBMS 8.0.5 on Sun Solaris 2.6
- Configured the database server and two application servers.
- Designing the disk layout and volume layout for optimal performance. Implemented RAID 0 1 using Veritas Volume Manager
- Designing backup strategy.
- Formulated disaster recovery strategy.
- Created and automated backup scripts.
- Tablespace Sizing based on business requirements.
- Tuning of SGA
- Training the in house DBA.
- Systems Administration. Setting Profile Options, Creating Users, Customizing Responsibilities and Menu's, Registering Printers.
- DBA support throughout the project
- Patch application.
- Installation of NOETIX views.
- Integrating noetix views with Oracle Discoverer.
Oracle Applications 10.7 SC, 9.4 , Oracle RDBMS 7.3.3, HP UX 10.20, HP 9000/899
- DBA of the Financial Applications upgrade team 9.4 to 10.7SC .
- Transition dba, including dba support during transition/conversion phase.
- Performed extensive SQL tuning to customized code.
- DBA support during conversion. Include space monitoring, rollback segment monitoring, load monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Applications systems administrator. Creating user, responsibilities, request groups, request sets. Setting profile options. Registering printers.
- Registering concurrent programs and executables.
- Installation of smart client on end user workstations.
- Responsible for patch application Client/Server . Was responsible for creating NT scripts for automating the migration of forms upon application of a patch to a shared location.
Oracle Applications 10.7 NCA, Oracle RDBMS 8.0.5, 7.3.4 , AIX 4.3.1, IBM RS 6000
- Installation of Oracle Applications 10.7NCA Prod 16.1. Modules installed AP, AR, PO, GL, FA, HR, GMS, PSB, LD . Database Server and Forms server installed on RS 6000 AIX 4.3 .
- Installation of Oracle Applications Release 11.0 Vision Demonstration Database .
- Migration of Oracle 7.3.4 database to Oracle 8.0.5.
- Migration of forms server from Windows NT to AIX.
- Implementation of partitioned server for Oracle Applications 10.7 to reside on Oracle 8.0.5 database.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Application Web Server 3.0.1.
- Upgrade of Forms 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- Installation of Enterprise Data Management System EDMS .
- Printer setup and configuration in Oracle Applications.
- Configuration of SQL NET.
- Configuration of Report review agent/web review agent.
- Automation shell scripts of various database activities.
- Training of in-house DBA'S.
Oracle Application 10.7 Character , Oracle RDBMS 126.96.36.199, HP UX 10.20, HP 9000/899
- Designed, Implemented and tested Backup and recovery procedures. Used Patrol recovery manager to take hot backup of our production system and used SAM for taking the cold backup of our standby system.
- Refreshing test databases. Created shell scripts to automate the daily refresh of a report instance from our standby database for reporting purposes.
- Created and scheduled scripts for automating the application of archive logs from our production system to standby system. Monitored the application of archive logs to the standby system.
- Maintain and support 800 plus users in 14 different countries Corporation wide.
- Configured SQL Net and listeners.
- Maintained development and production databases. Monitored the production database for deadlocks due to MRP Snapshot worker A bug with Oracle Apps .
- Monitoring Tablespace and other objects using DB Artisan. Added datafiles to tablespaces.
- Creating a new controlfile and transmitting the changes to the standby system when a non-logged operation is performed on the production database like adding datafiles to a tablespace.
- Performance tuning Production Database. Exporting and importing of tablespaces for defragmentation.
- Applying patches to production and development databases. Opening and dealing with TAR's with Oracle Corporation.
- Created and scheduled daily maintenance scripts. The scripts included clean up scripts provided by Oracle.
- Monitoring APPL TOP and disk space monitoring. Created scripts to clear the log/out directories under each application top older than a specified date.
- Scheduled the daily backup of system files and APPL TOP using SAM.
- Installing printers using JETADMIN. Registering printers in Oracle Applications.
- Customized default printer drivers provided by Oracle. Redefined printer styles based on customization and output needed.
- Created and customized menus.
- Created responsibilities and report groups. Setting default profile options for new responsibilities created. Setting inventory org access for new responsibilities created to limit access to just the desired inventory organizations.
- Scheduling concurrent programs.
- Creating new users at UNIX and Applications level. Registering employees in HR. Setting custom profile for new users.
- Created scripts for starting and shutting down concurrent managers.