- Technical background in software design and development with extensive knowledge of product management and project management.Summary
- Wide range of experience driving deployments of new technology in VOIP, UC, WiFi, HFC/optical internet spaces.
- Excellent program leadership and applied business analytics, budgeting, and cost control skills.
- Proven ability to streamline the rollout of new technology for IP product suppliers and service providers.
- Excels at organizing and motivating a broad-based delivery team.
- Extremely proficient at listening to internal and external customer needs and articulating the value of proposed solutions in a logical and persuasive manner and executing a delivery plan to their satisfaction.
- Equally comfortable with one-on-one discussions as well as large audience and C-level executive presentations.
- Environments: Windows 7 XP, Linux/Unix, Solaris, Cisco, Google Apps, SharePoint
- Applications: MS Project, Visio, Access MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lync Smartsheet, Pentaho
- Solutions/Integrations: UC, UCaaS, Cisco HCS/UCS HUCS, Broadsoft, VOIP, SIP/RTP, MGCP, SNMP, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, SS7, SMS, MMS, SQL, WiFi 802.11a/g/n , IPv4, IPv6, DOCSIS 3.0, SONET
Sr. Project Manager
- Project management of multiple projects with 2M budgets each, and 5 year revenues of 25-50M with investment in new product launches of Hospitality Wifi, small cell, IP Centrex, and associated HFC and optical fiber technologies.
- Provided weekly direction and leadership to core team members in Cox Business and Technology Portfolio departments: Product Development, Management, and Operations Requirements, Design, and Development.
- Reporting on multiple projects to senior management, including issues, risk assessment, project budget and cost tracking, business case impacts, and dashboard preparation for C-Level executives,
- Responsible for leading and coordinating SDLC-based project phases from ideation to concept, formulating requirements, design, vendor coordination, and delivery, including quality assurance, user acceptance and proof of concept testing segments, customer market trials, and GA launch.
- Assessment of IPv6 readiness/conversions in existing network infrastructure and candidate hardware and software/firmware components for existing and new product introductions dual stack, IPv6 tunneling, encapsulation .
- Achieved a continuing track record of driving projects to readiness for delivery to dissimilar markets. Used beta efforts and customer feedback to finalize product content. Four projects in sixteen months are ramping to quick revenue wins.
- Managed provisioning software configuration and site deployments for UC Voice and multiple UC Applications
- Personally achieved the successful delivery of the first VOSS provisioning projects in North America, with UC components of voice/unified messaging, presence, attendant/IVR, and billing integrations. Overall project execution was achieved by use of MS Project, and Network Implementation Plans NIP , and risk/issue resolution teams.
- Led customer handover meetings to the support/maintenance team at project closures, to assure service continuity.
- Recruited and led Unified Communications UC project delivery teams responsible for 15M in new customer rollouts in North and South America in call manager, voice messaging, presence, and mobility application environments.
- Managed multiple UC/UCaaS projects in parallel, including: AT T, State Farm, Qwest/Centurylink, Northrop Grumman, KMD Denmark, Regus, British Telecom, and Wal-Mart.
- Utilizing SDLC, drove the systems requirements definition, design, and development of non-productized features and services specialty projects , such as offshore EMEA implementations of VOSS Reporting using DW/ETL , and new products a Site Survey Tool for AT T. Provided demo's of both non-productized and productized capabilities.
- Re-engineered the data warehousing and reporting system for corporate and customer-facing monitoring application, using data integration and business analytics tools Pentaho, SQL, Report Builder .
- Revised the company professional services contracts, including both introducing new processes, and rewriting contracts for partner and enterprise engagements. Negotiated 6M in strategic wins in a two year period, growing business three times original annual revenue with 60-75 margins.
- Provided program management for joint development efforts with Cisco, including requirements, feature definition, scheduling, design validation, and implementation. Managed other third-party vendor relationships such as Movius for unified messaging, ISI for billing and Netsurant and the 1901 Group for Day 2 provisioning services.
- As the point of contact for the America's, consolidated and prioritized customer enhancement requests and provided technical thought leadership to VOSS product management to fast-track solutions for new/existing customers.
Opened new markets at Sprint and BellSouth for installation and integration services and managed resources and scheduling for new projects east of the Mississippi.
- Developed and expanded key accounts, growing 3 major accounts by 30 year on year, including BellSouth, SBC, and TWC. Also, Earthlink, University of Minnesota, and Walmart, as well as smaller carrier and enterprise accounts.
- Successful in sales of complex network UC solutions, involving multiple departments / shifting goals.
- Cultivated strong business relationships with staff and executive level customers.
- Understood and championed customer requirements internally with Product Management to normalize the pipeline.
- Created processes, documentation and templates to facilitate cross-functional organization and communications between Sales and other teams.
- Interpreted unclear directives and ambiguous contracts, and lead the effort of developing and executing project delivery plans in harmony with internal product lifecycle processes.
- Turned around Bellsouth by balancing project product quality and convincing the customer that both could be achieved, by the delivery of new software in weeks rather than months.
- Experienced in leading the on-time, on-budget, delivery of products from design development teams to internal or external production teams, and implementation / installation teams.
- Held weekly multi-departmental solution sessions to review account progress and changing expectations, identifying risks and planning corrective action. As a result, Walmart was saved by a company commitment to develop a specific release train in response to their feature requirements.
- Managed numerous projects concurrently, negotiating resolutions to conflicts with customer supply chain managers.
- Developed IP communications systems implementation plans with embedded software, firmware, and hardware.
- Utilized project management experience and a skill set inclusive of the following areas - scope management, schedule development and administration, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change control, communication, cost and quality.
- Worked with and directed project resources not under immediate control both external and internal .
Sr. Account Manager
- Organized and motivated a cross-functional team to exceed customer requirements Cingular for pre-sales, sales, project management, and implementation support.
- Achieved 100-150 of quota 3 years running.
- Spearheaded strategic contractual negotiations in major accounts, continuing to maintain high margins and quality customer care.
- Produced consistent revenue every year. Contributed 10 of company revenue.
- Successfully crafted solutions via unsolicited proposals to win 4M of new business.
- Drove responses to multiple RFI's and RFP's Cingular BellSouth for advanced messaging applications and infrastructure, from team formation to finalizing the content.
- Maintained a record of accurate sales forecasting and achievement of goals.
- Sold wide-ranging portfolio: Messaging G.711, MP3 , SMS/MMS, SIP/H.323, SS7, CALEA, networking products Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, SOAP/XML, VOIP integration .
- Customized and presented sales material to prospects including marketing, technical, operations, and executives.
- Melded multiple applications into integrated solutions according to specific customer needs/requests.
- Researched key technical issues and market trends pertaining to voice/data network evolution.
- Directed certification projects with key accounts / distributors to validate new software releases and applications.
- Provided configuration and quotations for all products to account managers and margin analysis to sales directors for hundreds of projects each year.
- Developed a unique quoting tool that allowed presentation of ROI analysis to the prospective customer.
- Organized and lead sales engineering team projects including education, cross-functional and cross-territorial brainstorming sessions, and skills equalization initiatives.
- Provided technical support to 5 account managers, including 2 strategic accounts Sprint and Siemens . Prepared account strategy, and forecast/planning information to help drive 12 million in FY99 business 375 of quota .
- Managed product evolution for a switching product, including feature content determination, business plans, competitive analysis, marketing product requirements, engineering reviews, product catalog publication, planning information preparation, and collateral brochure layout and technical content.
- Managed the product introduction strategy of an OEM unified messaging system into both company switch and call manager products, including requirements definition, vendor selection and qualification, price and contract terms negotiation, and sales education.
- Developed product marketing requirements for an ISDN offering tailored to the rural/suburban market, including competitive analysis, conducting customer focus groups and surveys, negotiating/prioritizing product capabilities with engineering personnel, pricing, and preparation of presentations and collateral information.
- Surveyed Sales and customers to develop marketing requirements and create new product plans.
- Prepared release notes for new software releases, describing features, hardware upgrades, and business benefits.
- Prepared and presented seminars to telephone company personnel describing product features and equipment.
- Prepared a business development study for the development of a new broadband ISDN product line, including ATM and SONET, which resulted in the formation of an entirely new business unit.