ADVERTISING/PRODUCTION, PROJECT MANGEMENT PRO
Top performing Advertising/Production and Project Management professional with over 30 years of Graphic Arts and Printing Production experience, well-developed leadership, organizational and analytical skills seeking a challenging growth opportunity. Accomplished solution provider with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategies to reach a wider audience in a fast-paced and extremely competitive market. Supervises creative, directs and develops final visual image that communicates objectives to the costumer. Presents creative work to team with rationale that demonstrates understanding of marketing and promotional objectives, brand positioning and strategy. Contributes to the development of tactical ideas with customer as well as team.
- Production Management
- Operations and Procedures
- Vendor Sourcing
- Planning and Budgeting
- Account Management
- Creative Direction
- Client Relations
- Brand Management
- Researched and Identified new vendors that resulted in substantial savings.
- Designed and produced patient education kit in time and under budget.
- Increased accuracy and turn around time of proofing projects by automating the process.
- Reduced labor costs through cross training staff.
Account Executive/Consulting work 2006 - 12/ 2011 Confidential, Union, NJ
- Managed Display Advertising for a network of ten local weeklies throughout Union and Essex counties.
Art/Production Director, Continuing Medical Education Division Confidential, Little Falls, NJ 2000 - 2005
- Reduced cost by 50% as result of negotiating new vendor relations.
- Increased the number of on time/budget projects by implementing and enforcing procedures.
- Captured new business through analysis of existing market and competitive offering.
- Identified new projects and opportunities to fulfill client’s requirements through single sourcing.
- Increased return of investment and savings by administering financial and recordkeeping procedures.
- Developed and executed strategies ensuring brand adherence and continuity throughout deliverables.
Art /Production Director, Youth Marketing/Promotions Division Confidential, Cranbury, NJ 1997 - 2000
- Led cross-functional project teams from multiple departments in idea generation, concept design and production of marketing and promotional services deliverables.
- Analyzed requirements for conferences and tradeshows to determine the most efficient and cost-effective plan for design and production to maximize budget.
- Designed conference and tradeshow space locations by developing themes, and ensuring all promotional materials supported a single brand focus.
- Organized development of materials with in house sales, promotional and creative departments as well as outside advertising agencies.
Marketing/Account Executive Confidential, Union, NJ 1995 - 1997
- Identified and solicited new business opportunities utilizing cold calls and networking techniques.
- Conducted effective presentations featuring service advantages, and product knowledge to acquire new clients.
- Managed day-to-day activities of accounts to ensure projects were adhering to schedule and on budget.
- Monitored and coordinated production process by leading team of desktop publishers, printers and other production service providers in developing high-quality product.
- Provided comprehensive customer support by applying in-depth industry knowledge, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and deliver the level of service required.
Art Director/Promotions Manager Confidential, South Plainfield, NJ 1993 - 1994
- Managed the evolution of all client services including idea generation, design, customer review and production.
- Conducted lead generation campaigns, developed promotional materials and acquired new business.
- Analyzed potential equipment purchases, negotiated pricing for optimal cost savings and managed overall operations.
- Addressed and expedited support requests to provide exemplary customer service and increase opportunities for future business development.
Art Director/Production Manager Confidential, Livingston, NJ 1980 - 1993
Senior Layout/Production Supervisor Confidential, Union, NJ 1976 - 1980
Layout Artist Confidential, Elizabeth, NJ 1974 - 1976
Education and Proficiencies:
Commercial Arts Design Diplomate BA, Advertising Design Continuing Education, Marketing Desktop Publishing Certification Graphic Print Professional Certification
Mac OSX (v.10.4), QuarkXpress (v.7.01), Adobe CS3 Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (v. X) Fluent in Portuguese and Spanish