Passionate Project Manager in Community Development with strong leadership experience in housing, program management and project management. Efficiently and creatively manages staff, volunteers, events, government agencies and funding partners.
- Led the charge in opening, setting-up operation standards and hiring-training staff for Eden's 8th Permanent Supportive Housing project, Buckeye Square.
- Simultaneously managed two Permanent Supportive Housing projects occupied by adults and teens with disabilities.
- Lead and foster cooperation between Eden team members and supportive services staff to ensure uniform adherence to policies and procedures.
- Oversee compliance with Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program LIHTC , Housing Urban Development HUD , Ohio Housing Finance Agency OHFA and various community funders.
- Coaching staff as a member of the Leadership Development team by evaluating and revising the agency job descriptions, implementing a Performance Management program and establishing and upholding the agency goals.
- Spearheading the Supervisor Team as a bridge between staff and upper management to advocate for improving overall day-to-day operations, increasing overall moral within the agency, and developing hands on training to foster an environment of continuous learning.
- Recruit, manage, coach, develop and train a staff of 10 employees.
- Consistently maintain 95 occupancy and 95 rent collection.
- Enhance community awareness and organize educational outreach programs with the police department, community development organizations and government officials.
- Manage and maintain units In Cuyahoga County for various owners which includes but not limited to rent collection, creating and delivering notices in a timely manner, securing yearly inspections to maintain city codes and regulations and maintaining the property in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Create and implement marketing strategies that has tripled business profits in 2 years.
- Supervise and ensure renovation and repairs are completed with EPA Certified Lead Safe regulations standards.
- Manage lead abatement renovations for various landlords, real estate companies and home owners.
- Conduct lead inspections/risk assessments to determine the presence of lead in a residence.
- Researched and analyzed the environmental market and re-focused business in response to market changes making sure the firm is always remaining competitive with industry prices, certifications offered and any changes to current environmental laws.
- Manage and prequalify subcontractors and consultants.
- Analyze to identify any deficiencies within the business and to strategize efforts to improve overall operations, customer service and to maximize profit.
- Coordinate on-site job trainings and supervision to develop work ethic, behavioral and social skills for teenagers diagnosed with learning and developmental disorders.
- Facilitate job assessments and evaluations to determine skill level and to identify any areas that require improvement.
- Collaborate with employers to develop a job task schedule and training agenda to establish self-sufficiency at work.
- Facilitate computer, resume building and interview skill trainings.
- Monitor progress of the consumer and document their daily hours to ensure Ohio Medicaid compliance.
- Ensure consumer and employer are compliant with all safety and labor laws.
- Managed day to day operations including customer relations, office-related financial decisions and human resources.
- Provided overall project management services including but not limited to services and support, plans, schedules, budget preparation, cost and ordering of materials.
- Awarded business to, managed and prequalified subcontractors and consultants.
- Ensured successful project execution by means of progress meetings and constant communication with clients.
- Improved profitability by 23 , revising and renegotiating vendor contracts.
- Submitted over 200 bids and secured 75 of them.
- Secured necessary bonds, licenses, permits, certifications and documentation to remain OSHA compliant.
- Created marketing and promotional events and participated in various home trade shows to increase sales by 17 .
- Designed and implemented educational and community engagement programs for a 475 unit-property consisting of single parent families.
- Created and revised policies to improve customer relations and overall moral of the property.
- Partnered with numerous community agencies to provide services to the residents.
- Recruited, managed, coach, developed and trained upwards 23 employees and various volunteers.
- Program Manager for Job readiness, nutrition services, Adult GED, summer camps, leadership development programs and computer classes.
- Created and implemented social services programs which focused on financial education, age specific activities, domestic violence, basic needs, life skills and community engagement.
- Ensured compliance with Housing Urban Development HUD rules and regulations.
- Facilitated life skills classes dealing with household management.
- Managed the budget and researched the effectiveness of programs for monthly fiscal reports.
- Ensured all programs were compliant with 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant program for the Rainbow Terrace Learning Center.
- MS Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Gold Wave
- Adobe Audition
- StaionCaster Podcast
- Social Media Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Project Manager