PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY:
- Proven record of accomplishment as an IT business development and system delivery leader. A professional and community organization leader. Mr. Stone is a successful senior level business and technical, concurrent, multi project and functional leader. Provides operational leadership to complex mission critical programs from $10M to $100M/yr. of culturally diverse teams with numerous business and technical disciplines.
- Business domains: Full life cycle project management of IT services and products &ndash mission critical mainframe and Web based applications systems and database development. Network management products and systems.
- Team staff size led: from 35 to 300 over 15 to 40 concurrent projects. Professional organization size 75 to 1,000
- Business financial management and analysis &ndash accountable for project revenue, costs, gross margin, profitable growth and client satisfaction goals. Exhibit 300 requirements development.
- Federal civilian clients supported 19 years DHS: CBP / OIT / PSPO / BEMS Treasury: US Customs, FDIC, FinCEN. Federal DOD clients supported 8 years : Navy, Air Force and Army.
- Contract and subcontractor management: As the prime contractors&rsquo site program manager, plans and directs the corporate contract implementation support organization: Contracts, HR, Finance subcontractor organization management: SAIC, CSC, EDS, IBM, Oracle, Northrop Grumman, Unisys, Agilex, Dell Perot Systems, EY, BO.
- Designs, implements organizational governance: organization design, policy, procedures, staffing plans, process improvement / re engineering
- Client satisfaction: Represents the corporate face to client management at executive and director levels. Possesses a demonstrated record of client and corporate satisfaction in managing IT product, systems development, deployment and support.
- New business development: discovery, win, deliver organic and strategic. RFP and Task Order management: proposal response, financial analysis, staffing plans, recruiting, hiring and workforce leadership. Proposal and orals management and development. Contract negotiation.
- Leadership proven business, technical, professional and community organization team builder and leader: Initiates, leads change, and drives results. Provided leadership as past President of the nearly 1000 member Washington DC Project Management Institute PMI chapter, the largest in the world, for three years and as its Vice President for two years. He provided leadership as Chairman of the Board, President and Vice President of the Greater Reston, Virginia Jaycee&rsquo s. Serves as condo assoc. President, three years Vice President, Treasurer Director.
- Patent: United States Co Patent number 4,346,453 for Industrial Computer Control System
- Software, hardware, and manufacturing technical background: include planning and controlling the full project life cycle: from end user functional requirements elicitation and verification, technical design specifications, IT security, development, testing, production, deployment, operations and maintenance support for both mainframe and client server Web application, database and network management systems. Provides full life cycle management of electronic, software based, stand alone packaged products and rack mounted control, test and communications systems.
- Technical discipline management: requirements, systems design, security, software development waterfall, Agile Scrum , electronics, packaging, risk management, configuration management, quality management, testing, technical writing, deployment, training, field service support. Agile Scrum software development oversight of product feature definition backlog, release planning, sprint definition. Agile estimating measurement using story point / user stories, hours, t shirt sizes progress measurement primarily utilizing daily scrum meetings and working software, burn down, burn up and velocity tracking.
Confidential, LSI Washington, DC
Federal Office: Treasury Department / Bureau of the Fiscal Service / Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation
Technical Domain: Transformation Shared Services ITILv3 Service Operation: Application, IT, Operations Management, Technical Management, Service Desk. Prime contractor&rsquo s on site program manager leading contractor and sub contractor team to support the development of the Financial Management Line of Business PMO and the Federal Financial Management Shared Services Governance Structure. Community made up of four federal agency financial service providers and twenty three agency customers.
Senior Program Manage
Federal Office: DHS / FNR
Technical Domain: Cyber Security Systems Development and Deployment, Dashboards
Engaged as the proposed on site program manager for the DHS Continuous Diagnostic and Mitigation CDM program, to provide business and technical leadership for a direct and three organization sub contractor multi disciplined team. Task order proposal and orals development and delivery to create an IT cyber security real time dashboard in an Agile software development environment. User: Federal, department and agency levels for proactive IT cyber security threat management. Provided PMP training to staff. Not awarded contract.
Confdiential, Alexandria, VA
Senior Program Manager:
Federal Office: DHS / CBP / OIT / CSPO
Technical Domain: Applications and Systems Development and Deployment, Mainframe and Client Server
Engaged as the proposed on site program manager to provide business and technical leadership for a DHS CBP / OIT / CSPO PMO direct and subcontractor organization multi disciplined team. Proposal development and review boards. Proposed, initiated and developed the B3 organization project management methodology across all business sectors and practice areas. Proposed, initiated and introduced the PRINCE2 project management methodology. Contract not awarded / sequester hold
Confidential, McLean, VA
Principal Consultant Senior Program Manager PM Advisor
Federal Office: HHS / NIH / NIAID / OCICB
Contract: Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology
Technical Domain: Data Center Design, Development and Deployment &ndash Servers, Storage, Networks Supported the following federal OCICB branches: Program Management Software Engineering and Operations Engineering. Provided program management leadership to a Dell Perot and multiple subcontractor organization team over the NIH Enterprise Project Life Cycle EPLC . Team size: approximately thirty five across three government braches. Project moves the NIH NIAID data center to a new secure location. Relocation project consisted of integrated planning and directing four major components: facilities, networking, storage and servers. Provided advice and support to government branches in all areas of information Technology Management and Capital Planning and Investment Control CPIC . Provided consultation, education and PMI PMP training to include related methodologies, procedures, tools, templates, techniques, standards and industry good practices.
Program Manager Director Enterprise Project Management
Federal Office: DHS / CBP / OIT / PSPO / BEMS Contract: TECS and TECS Modernization
Technical Domain: Applications and Systems Development and Deployment, Mainframe and Client Server
PMO: As the Director of the Enterprise Project Management Office EPMO Mr. Stone is responsible for the staffing, planning, development and implementation of an integrated management system, processes and procedures to drive efficiencies across the enterprise project organizations DHS, DoC, DoD through the attainment of an OMB compliant EVMS, CMMI DEV and Services at L3, ITIL and business improvement models.
PM: As the prime contractor&rsquo s on site program manager for both the DHS CBP Passenger Systems Program Office PSPO and the Border Enforcement Management Systems BEMS government executive program offices, Mr. Stone
provided business and technical leadership to multiple concurrent projects for new software applications, systems development and O& M over the DHS/CBP Systems Engineering Life Cycle SELC . Objective: mainframe migration COBOL / CICS / Websphere / Datacom environment to a distributed client server Agile Java / interactive Web / EA / ETL / Oracle environment .
Based on high client satisfaction scores, he managed the contract growth from 75 to 300+ staff. He was managed the oversight of a $100M/Yr program, concurrent task order management of 40+ projects and a staff of 300 professionals through multiple Team Leads / PMs.
Mr. Stone is accountable for staff recruiting, selection, hiring, direction contract and sub contract management and business improvement initiatives to include CMMI L2 and L3 DEV. assessments and ITIL. He directed sub contract management of over 50 vendors / subcontractors including large national IT services organizations IBM, SAIC, CSC, Unisys, BO.. He supported two federal program government executive division directors, ten branch directors and numerous team leads providing programmatic support to achieve client solutions delivery and corporate businessbjectives. Initiated the implementation, stand up and government approval of an ANSI EIA 748 compliant EVMS attained a CMMI L2 assessment and oversight of a L3 assessment.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Federal Systems Division Director Sr. Program Manager Technical Manager. International IT Products and Services
Federal Offices: Treasury Department / US Customs Service / Office of Information & Technology / National Data Center/ Infrastructure Services Division / Database Branch FinCEN FDIC. Contract: Database and IT Security.
Technical Domain: Database Management Systems, Mainframe and Client Server
PM: As the prime contractor&rsquo s on site program manager for the Customs and Border Protection, National Data Center NDC Infrastructure Services Division ISD / EDME , Mr. Stone provided business and technical oversight to multiple concurrent projects for the company&rsquo s $40M, $8M/year, 75+ person Database contract. He instituted project management process improvement managed the DBA mainframe: Datacom and DB2 and client server: Oracle Database Management software, Systems, Data Administration and Security functions to meet client requirements. Based on high client satisfaction performance scores he managed contract growth from 40 to 75 staff. Recruited, selected, hired and developed the staff of a high performing team. He managed several large vendor/subcontractor organizations. He supported the division director and nine federal government branch chiefs. Primary branch chief: Database. He was awarded Contractor of the Month recognition twice.
Visiting Professor, Senior Faculty Member. A National Graduate School of Management
Mr. Stone designs, develops and delivers graduate level project management and business management courses in the MBA and MPM degree programs for three regional campuses and online degree programs. He develops and provides instruction in the PMP and CAPM certifications programs. Keller Center Deans report that Mr. Stone is highly respected by his students. He is regularly formally recognized at yearly graduation ceremonies by his students for his contributions to their careers.