A seasoned Development and Delivery Executive who has extensive project, technology development and operational management skill and experience. Has achieved many successes in various vertical industries as a Leader at the Executive level (VP, CTO) and as Project Manager, technology (product) developer and a services operator, (ITE - back-office operations). With many years of operational and P&L management responsibility, a results oriented individual whose core competency is leading IT technology development and IT enabled services/projects at all levels with the highest value being attained in the area of program and departmental leadership. Have led study and implementation teams (as well as served as senior advisor to C-level positions and board-level positions) regarding development of IT governance strategies including software intellectual property, software and overall system performance, and IT infrastructure policies/standards- including data security (ISO 17799) and operational disaster recovery.
Project Management Activities: As a Project Manager and Senior Project Manager have been responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and success of projects for solutions teams, either under a PMO organization or as a solutions team staff member, with a proven track record of guiding teams through full life-cycle ( SDLC/Agile) driven projects using the PMBOK methodologies and other similar processes (Prince2 etc.). Day-to-day and ongoing activities have included conducting internal team meetings to coordinate activities with various departments, review of project specifications and requirements necessary to complete the implementation process. Responsible for preparing and monitoring implementation timeline and ensuring that client questions have been addressed, objectives are aligned, and proper documentation has been created. In addition, many (majority) of the project management roles have involved close, if not direct, supervision of development resources requiring functions and skills that essentially drive (manage) the delivery teams. This includes data and system architecture involvement. Build, configuration and release management involvement-as well as day-to-day technical/code issue resolution. Functions that perform and overlap with classic development management responsibilities. Languages: English (native), Portuguese (fluent).
Senior Project Manager, ADT Security Systems
- Responsibility for new dual redundant data center build-out for ADT’s message queuing and broker system and upgrade to the Oracle HA environment (full 24 LPAR – Unix/Aix build out-SAN build out. Full SAN-SAN replication for DR.
- Provisioning of Frames, servers, head-ends/shelves, new fiber channels etc.
- Managed migration of 30+ applications’ IBM Websphere WMQ / WMB message broker message flows and feathering of these components into the sprints of the core applications. This involved enterprise-wide migration of WebSphere WMQ 7.0 / WMB 6.11 to WMQ 7.5 and WMB 8.0.
- Managed testing of H/W and all software migrations with the QA group. Managed the DR/BC testing with DR architects and operations personnel.
- Responsible for managing the interface to diverse applications groups to enable specification, solution estimation and project management of the required WMB/Q interfaces.
- With technical architects, participated in definition of the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and the definition/documentation of the SOA for the enterprise.
- Worked with the following cloud technologies: Force.com for SFDC interface, Sterling CPQ for order management and document archival and Amazon AWS for data warehouse and analytics.
- Managed budget and resources / timeline with Planview (corporate PMO based tool).
VP of Development and Delivery
Direct Insite provides Invoice presentment and payments services via its iOL (invoices On-Line) SaaS product. This allows processing from the AP departments’ side, the AR side and permits extensive document capture repository and workflow services coupled with discount negotiation and approval. System also provides payment services (Card and ACH, others) via DI’s PCI certified payment gateways. This is a complete multi-tenanted, cloud based SaaS system used by many fortune 500 organizations to front-end their ERP systems.Responsible for the PMO and team of five delivery/technical Project Managers with client facing responsibility. Also responsible for 12 internal developers (3 managers/team leads) and 2 separate out source delivery teams totaling 10 developers. All .NET framework (moving to MVC 4) and SQL-Svr development. Interfaces to SAP via ABAP. Oversaw delivery of 4 major new client startups-and the initiation of a ‘white-label’ resale program for the core AP product to a major, global bank to support their merchant services payments products.Completed 70% of the move to a new architecture in the core product. Implemented an ALM software product to control all PMO functions and all development assignments. It’s a mix of traditional waterfall projects work (mostly client driven) and internal agile work on the core product.
Consultant Positions - Project and Program Management
Senior Project ManagerConfidential is part of Janus Funds and provides investment services for the large institutional investor community. Responsible for 2 project managers and 6 developers enhancing Confidential s INTOUCH portal. Portal serves 80+ internal users ranging from money movement/disbursement workflow and tracking to extensive reporting services that monitor a $40 bil portfolio. Released version 3 of INTOUCH. Moved from Postgres dB to SQL-Server. Enhanced functionality in the areas of Navigation, performance, reporting. Added a complete report center for delivery of scheduled/delayed reports. Started efforts to integrate with parent company s 3rrd party workflow system. Additionally, managed the $750k upgrade of the in-house data-center with all new switches and servers.
Project /Engagement ManagerConfidential is a Boston, MA based US arm of Netherlands based BST-Technologies. Confidential specializes in providing marketing/brand boosting technology/communications systems and services to organizations using its proprietary Enterprise Management System (EMS). Responsible for business analysis, project management engagement management and deployment of the EMS (.NET based system) into clients organizations Also responsible as SME/System Architect for driving further development of the core EMS with the Amsterdam based development team.
Program ManagerHeadquartered in Miami, Florida, RCCL is the world leader cruise line operator with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Azamara, Pullmantur and CBF fleets Program Manager for shipboard and shore side IT Life Cycle infrastructure and software systems development and deployment.. Using Clarity/Open WorkBench and Remedy as controlling tools and responsible for 30+ ship and shore side operational systems including : Biztalk backbone for applications Interactive TV (room-based customer portfolio etc.), all point-of-sale(POS) systems, inventory control systems, satellite data communication systems.
Senior Project Manager, Confidential, Miami, FLProject Manage the conversion of G/L system from standalone application to corporate standard application and move from UK to US hosting center for the international (European) business units Infrastructure design and testing Application Unit and User Acceptance Testing Interface with Senior (C-level) business leaders for this highly critical and visible project. Planning and design for future US GAAP enhancements to all business units operations Requirements gathering, Business Analysis and large-scale project planning for a multi-year development effort spanning Europe, US and LatAm.
Senior Project ManagerProject Manager for launch of jetBlue's new trueBlue (JB rewards program) portal and back-end loyalty redemption system Responsible for verifying/accepting changes (look, feel, branding) of the main jetblue.com portal in addition to the extensive changes in the trueblue portions of the site Manage acceptance/validation of branded content (copy, graphics, wireframes) from third parties and integrate into Manage jb development and all QA / UAT testing (including functional, integration and UAT testing of offshore/third party deliverables Manage development of the outsourced (hosted ASP model) redemption engine, the LMS (Loyalty Management System) (offshore developed) Managing all database migrations to new LMS, all deployment through QA, staging and production/operations Interface with all business users (loyalty marketing, revenue management, booking engine business groups) Responsible for all integrations to third parties (e.g. Hertz, Points.com other rewards/redemption partners / SSOs/redirects etc.) Analyze and define hardware and network infrastructure (QA/Staging/Prod) and integration of whole into project plans Responsible for all project plans, functional requirements, systems requirements documentation, managing Risk/Issues lists Advisory capacity in terms of data and system (code) architecture Responsible for all infrastructure design changes and subsequent deployment, testing (inc. compliance with all security policies etc.)
Snr. Project Manager - Project Management Office
SEP is a renewable energy project consulting company based in Delaware and Germany. Primarily involved in developing solar photo-voltaic energy generation systems (PV farms/plants).
- Developed processes, best practices for US business development including building extensive financial modeling tools
- Developed process, best practice for US project management (General Contractor for PV construction projects).
- Deployed MOSS (Sharepoint) system for above and linked to German partner MOSS data.
- Initiated and closed new US business on three PV systems in South Florida and a large 500kWp PPA (power purchase agreement) PV system in Central Florida.
Director of Application Development
- Responsibility for development and support of multiple web sites (including major travel –i.e. all major US airlines- and hospitality industry partner branded sites) for a major provider of loyalty / frequency based reward programs for the restaurant industry. also, go to all major US carrier web- sites and look for “dining rewards” programs – e.g. American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Airlines, Continental Airlines etc.)
- Migrated to new (ajax driven) websites for all partners.
- Developed new “bonus marketing program” software (web and back-office side) to increase take/revenue from partner merchants – increased revenue by $1.5M per month.
- Developed new “Contract Central”, workflow oriented internal applications system to allow better risk analysis/ROI on dining credits purchase based contracts.
- Full responsibility for a team of 28+ in-house developers and three offshore groups totaling 20+ developers and content management operations personnel.
- Development and content management covering technologies from AS/400 to LOB multi-tier, Java based internal and external (internet web site), and including Informatica data warehouse / BI group.
- Applications areas are: credit card processing, real-time, WEB based member and merchant (restaurant) portals. Databases contain 16+ million members and tens of thousands of merchant details.
- Highly operational (rapid reaction) IT environment with multiple, concurrent development and operational (marketing/finance program driven) projects.
- Offshore groups are highly leveraged to supply "follow-the-sun" development and content provisioning/QA services.
- Technologies used:
- Data Access: Ibatis, Hibernate, JDBC
- Testing Tools: Oracle e-Tester Suite, JUnit, JSwing, Canoo, Borland Silktest, QTP,
- Tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio .Net, Adobe Designer
- OS: Unix (Solaris/AIX/HP-UX/Linux), Windows (NT/2000/XP/Vista)
- Database: SQL 2005 DB2 (AS/400 system based)
- Infrastructure: VMware Terracotta SAN(NetApp)
- Most development in JAVA (J2EE etc.) and some legacy dev in MS.
Vice President, Offshore Development and Operations
Roseland, NJ., Atlanta, GA., Miami, FL.
- Reporting to the Corporate SVP, Global Initiatives, responsible for the rapid growth of Offshore software development and call center/back-office processing and the establishment of global ‘best practice’ operations for an offshore 'captive' organization.
- Responsible for internal 'BusDev' - a sales type activity within all of ADP's various operating entities to act as consulting entity to promote ADP's global capabilities and ROIs. 'Client' development with 'C'-level and GM level senior ADP executives.
- Established an India based PMO with team and developed processes, tools (a proprietary MS SharePoint based portfolio management tool as well as others) and techniques to facilitate effective management across multiple internal customer/stakeholder groups. (Metrics ‘dashboards’ developed, automated and used to ‘drive’ additional efficiencies from each global process).
- Successfully increased development capability, over two years by increasing 50 developers to 300 -achieving a cost savings (future cost avoidance) of over $6M, and increased project delivery success.
- Successfully launched call-center and back-office operations over two years achieving 700+ offshore service associates, a cost-avoidance of $14M. and substantially increased customer/client sat. numbers along with extended time operation.
- Responsible for overseas infrastructure and technology implementation including advanced high capacity data and voice (all VoIP) networks.
- Responsible for US-side (supporting) technology and operations (required system integration of Mainframes / Servers / Terminal Services(‘Citrix’)• Responsible for security (gained ISO security certification)
- Established DR/BC process (including augmenting US-side capability through automated BIA (business impact analysis) process. Established 'warm-seat' BC centers (local in city, remote, alternate city under development).
- Responsible for CMM certification (lvl 5 attained).
- Development project are mix of 50/50 Open Source (including J2EE Ent. Ed.) and MS (.NET) environment
Responsible for internal/external compliance (SarbOx, HIPAA, etc.)
Director of Information Technology
- Successfully designed, managed and delivered major upgrade of core billing system software from Client / Server to .NET environment.
- Managed development of new release of EMS (Energy Management Services) system.
- Re-structured development department and gained efficiencies in development activities by analyzing activities and focusing efforts on development.
- Provided business case justification and detailed project plans (including training plans) to off-load production work to appropriate operations departments.
- Implemented problem tracking and resolution system to enable company operations to improve their workflow.
- Headed up working committee to analyze new business in the de-regulated electricity market in Texas
In conjunction with department head of new business unit, produced detailed project plan including marketing, operations and technology elements.
- Engagements with three clients:
- A national payroll service company (ADP) - Completed an n-tier architecture strategic planning project. Company adopted the plan and moved to the .NET environment.
- A major ATM network and EFT operator (Intercept) - MS-CRM initiative developed project plan and managed implementation and integration with other back-office operations.
- A WEB based IT Product and Service information portal developer/operator – (KnowledgeStorm), Project managed the development and deployment of a Cognos Business Intelligence system to mine their web-site activity and focus their direct on-line marketing efforts more appropriately.
- Full responsibility for Technical Development (had group of developers designing a highly advanced, proprietary content absorption, re-factoring and distribution “studio” system – built with Open Source (Java) components and utilizing satellite Multicast-IP technology, “playable” content was rendered to localized output devices using W+ proprietary player system)
- Full responsibility for Deployment and Operations for an advanced digital cable television channel (store and forward, computer-generated content) and WEB/mobile device information portal for Weather and Traffic information for European countries.
- Deployed the network in Germany, UK and The Netherlands.
- Performed project support with all levels of management, marketing personnel and staff .
- Based in Frankfurt, Germany for all of 2001, managed relationships and contracts with our European partner organizations to co-ordinate channel operation projects, resolve problems, and communicate project status.
- In conjunction with the Chairman of the company, closed several major 'carriage'/distribution partnerships and several co-branding/content relationships with major European brands.
- All JAVA / J2EE development
Director, Energy Data Management Services -
- Managed architecture and development of WEB access components and true ASP (application service provider) services for a Managed Energy Data portal, (de-regulated energy marketers).
- Provided project management support for the company's operation projects for new and enhanced applications and system conversions.
- Ran the day-to-day operation of the development department. Approximately 15 developers.
- Planned and managed the development of data interfaces from an automated meter reading system of over 2 million metering points.
Vice President of R & D -
- Full responsibility for the development and implementation of an advanced financial, sales and marketing line-of-business client-server system for three major Inventory Finance companies.
- Initiated and ran a JAD (joint application development) session involving the three major sponsoring companies. Resultant data models and business processes were used in the subsequent development of the Oracle based high transaction volume system.
- Developed on-line WEB access to a report server (1997), one of the earliest implementations of a true line-of-business WEB front-end for back-office systems.
- Budget of over $6.5M. Responsible to the executive board for all aspects of this large project.
- Provided on-going project/product updates to the executive board and to all levels of the clients' management personnel.
Director, Software Development -
- Responsibility for middleware product definition, product specification, design, implementation, scheduling, tracking and reporting for a joint development effort between Microsoft, and DCA.
- Responsible for development of the software and the deployment strategies for many other DCA products including middleware language parsers, mainframe connectivity components and emulators.
- TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE SUMMARY:
- SOFTWARE TOOLS, LANGUAGES and TECHNOLOGIES:
- Project Management/Presentation Tools: MS Project, ABT Proj. WorkBench 2 years, Primavera 1 year, Symantec TimeLine 2 years, MS Powerpoint 10 years
- Development Language Experience: C - Lang. 16+ years, C++ 8+ years, Basic/VB 8+ years, Assembler(s) 10+ years, JAVA 3+ years, Pascal/PLZ 3+ years
- APIs/OS interfaces: Windows SDK 10+ years, MFC 5+ years, OLE/OLE2 3+ years, OCX/ActiveX 3+ years, CORBA 2+ years, COM/DCOM/DAO/ADO 3+ years
- Development Tools: --Integrated Development Environments: Visual Studio/ 5+ years, VS .NET 1+ years, Borland Jbuilder 2+ years, Sun J2EE Ent. Ed. 4+years, Oracle Developer/2000 2 years --Test/Debug Environments: QA Partner 2+ years
- Code Mgmt Tools: MS Vis. Source Safe 8+ years, PVCS 3+ years
- Databases: MS SQL-Server 10+ years, Oracle 7,8 5+ years