Objective: Senior Information Technology Management role local to the Atlanta area specializing in managing complex IT activities that include eBusiness Applications, Infrastructure, Transition, Six Sigma Transformations, Data Centers, and Enterprise Program Management. Open to travel. Not open to relocation.
Steven Lee is experienced with complex Engineering and IT design, build, integration, and implementations. He has led global IT organizations for IBM, Xerox, and HP. Steven currently works with several consulting firms in the Atlanta area to provide IT management services.
Summary of Experience:
- IT Strategic Planning and Roadmap Development, IT Governance
- Managed IT Infrastructure Operations for Windows, Linux, UNIX, call centers, data centers, and enterprise applications including ERP, CRM, HRMS, SCM, and SRM.
- Applied Six Sigma processes to accomplish business and IT transformations
- Development of ITIL Support Processes to include change management, performance monitoring, incident management, capacity planning, and security
- Technical Project Management over 6 full cycle enterprise system implementations
- IT legal Compliance planning, auditing, and remediation including SOX, HIPAA, PCI
- Business Intelligence and Reporting initiatives KPIs, dashboards, scorecards, SLAs
- PMO/Project Portfolio Management
- Staff Selection and Development and Management of other project managers with up to 200 total FTE
- IT Outsourcing, Offshoring, and Management of Third-party Services
- IT Enterprise / Service Architecture (SOA, EAI, MITA, DODAF, ERP)
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- Business Relationship Management
- IT Budget, Cost Containment & Reduction for budgets up to $65M USD.
Confidential , Program Manager
- Currently managing five projects that cover financial services for 100K+ customers
- Technologies include Cognos, EMC ATMOS, Oracle, WebSphere, Cloud Computing, VM Environments, SharePoint
- Utilized Clarity PPM and MS Project to manage and track project activities including budgets
Confidential Senior IT Project Manager
- I accomplished the successful the migration of a Supply Chain Management application from a vendor site into the HP private cloud environment. Migration and development of business services and IT Operations were included.
- Facilitated resolution of business and technology issues
- I created the project plan, resource plans, application, infrastructure architecture design, and other project deliverables.
- Project Management activities accomplished in conformance with PMBOK practices
- Performed oversight for SIT, UAT, and other testing activities
- I accomplished the successful MTP planning, management, and implementation.
- I managed offshore teams in China, EMEA, and AP.
- Technologies included Windows Server 2012, Linux Redhat, web services, XML, MS Project, Visio, SDLC, PPM, ALM, PKI, Gigabit Networks, and keygen applications.
- Strong experience with HP tools to include PPM, APATE, ALM, HPSM, SDLCM, CSM, and CMDB.
- Experienced with using SharePoint and SharePoint Designer
- Managed and coordinated vendor (Moduslink) activities
- Managed project from kickoff to closeout.
- Revenue realization : $5B - $7B annual
- Work Location: Atlanta (Alpharetta)
Confidential , Senior IT Program Manager
- I performed the planning, facilitation, transition, and transformation for a client’s large mid-range server environment.
- Transition efforts covered 2500+ mid-range servers included 1000+ VM images.
- I accomplished asset management, EOSL analysis, MS Project Planning, while applying IBM management tools and techniques.
- TCV: $20M FTE: 15
- Work Location: Atlanta
Confidential , Enterprise Program Manager,
- I performed the overall technical and program management activities for the Alaska Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
- I established and managed program management (PMO) processes to successfully accomplish completion of supplication developments across 14 project teams.
- This large complex project was late by 3 years and included multiple issues with requirements, change/release management, and the absence of a structured program management and governance set of processes (Change/Release Management, Requirements management, and traceability).
- Accomplished the technical and management oversight across 14 global project teams (e.g. infrastructure, integration, custom development, reporting, data architecture, security) with more than 200 technical resources..
- The MMIS product delivery relied on a blending of Six Sigma and Agile methods. PM tools included Rational Clearquest, Clearcase, RequisitePro, MS Enterprise Project Server, and SharePoint.
- Data center operations included IBM P7 class servers with multiple instances of WAS, Oracle, ITIM, ITAM, WPS, Java, J2EE, Cognos, Sunguard, Gigabit Networks, and Docfinity.
- Transactional and DW/ OLAP Oracle database technologies were included.
- Large scale data conversion and migration activities were accomplished
- Software development activities addressed 1000+ use cases, 600 reports, 300 letters for 15,000 medical providers with associated members across the state of Alaska.
- Detailed, integrated MS Project plans were developed and managed to conclusion with both daily and weekly status reporting.
Confidential , Senior IT Program Manager,
- Senior IT Project Manager supporting the IBM Software Group, Websphere Lab Services for developing new business with CatalystRx for a pharmacy services business.
- The customer failed to obtain project funding.
- Work Locations: Atlanta and Philadelphia
Confidential , Senior IT Program Manager, Atlanta, GA
- I performed a contracting role to IBM Global Business Consulting, Information Systems Security Group.
- I was responsible for supporting IT infrastructure outsourcing and transition activities for the Georgia Technology Authority (GTA) following GTA's divestiture of data center and IT operations to IBM.
- I facilitated the remediation of Data Center security and infrastructure deficiencies across multiple state agencies to include server security patching for hundreds of UNIX and Linux servers.
- I prepared a business/cost case, including ROI & TCO analyses for a multi-year, multi-million dollar implementation of Tivoli ITIM Vault & Enterprise identity management.
- This work included an implementation of automating server patch management and health checks through use of the Tivoli Endpoint Manager (BigFix) application tools.
Confidential , Senior Managing Consultant, Atlanta,
- I accomplished ten years of Technical and Management delivery services for IBM across Federal, State, DoD, and commercial lines of business.
- I successfully led business and proposal development efforts that included partner companies and multiple lines of business. I was the primary contact point to the customer with responsibilities for ensuring business, technical, and financial compliance to contract terms and conditions.
- I managed and facilitated business transformations through application of the Six Sigma methodology.
- Managed projects which employed diverse technologies and environments,
- Technologies included DOTNET, C#, ASP, J2EE, SOA, HTML/XML, ESB, JMS, SAP, PeopleSoft, MQ, PKI, Unix, Linux, Windows Server, Cloud and Virtualization technologies, mainframe integration, information security, DB2, Oracle, and WebSphere.
- Managed large scale data conversions and migrations across all platforms
I accomplished the following IT Management roles during the ten (10) years with IBM:
Enterprise Program Manager NASCO Blue Cross Blue Shield
- I established and managed program management (PMO) processes to successfully accomplish completion of supplication developments across multiple project teams in US and offshore locations.
- I managed technical activities surrounding deployment of new claims processing applications into the NASCO healthcare mid-range UNIX and Windows data center environment.
- Managed work activities for offshore developers.
- I evaluated multiple PPM software products to include Rational RPM, MS Project Server, and Clarity PPM with conclusion that Rational offered the best enterprise solution for requirements management while MS Project Server provided best overall project tracking and coordination solution.
- Reviewed and approved change requests, supported service requests, performed management/technical facilitation of root cause analysis with addressing corrective actions for application/infrastructure deficiencies. I analyzed, planned, and facilitated client requests for new solutions.
- Infrastructure deployments included support for virtualization and large (Big) data conversions / migrations for other healthcare enterprise environments.
- Technologies included Websphere Application Server, Process Server, Portal Server, WSRR Service Registry Server, DB2, MQ, JMS, Networks, firewalls, J2EE, Java, Data Power/ESB, Tivoli, ITCAM, and Websphere Process Server. Websphere Portal Server). Gigabit Networks, PKI technologies included use of Verisign SSL certificates for public facing servers. Self-signing Certificate Authority (CA) was used for internal servers.
- TCV: $20M FTE: 45
- Work Location: Atlanta
HRMS Program Manager; IBM.
- This was an IBM internal project to consolidate multiple SAP HR instances. I managed Data Migration (DM) testing and cutover activities.
- I performed collaboration between offshore DM, testing, business, and other project teams. ). PKI technologies included use of Verisign SSL certificates for public facing servers.
- Self-signing Certificate Authority (CA) was used for internal servers.
- Utilized MS Project while leveraging the Accelerated SAP Ascendant Methodology (ASAP) (including detailed (W)RICEF tracking sheets.
- I managed offshore technical personnel in the design and implementation of solution architectures to support DB2 UDB, Visual Data Warehouse, Brio Reporting, Gigabit Networks, SAP XI integration, MQSeries, and various programming languages within AIX and Windows NT/2000 environments.
- TCV: $10M FTE: 25
Work Locations: Atlanta, Washington, DC
Confidential NTIA Coupon Distribution Program.
- This project supported a Federal program to provide coupons to consumers for migrating from analog to digital television.
- I traveled to the subcontractor located in Beaverton, OR to resolve technical and operational issues.
- I quickly identified corrective actions and delivered an effective remediation plan. I received a service award based on the successful reduction of production defects by 75%.
- Technologies included MS SQL, Session State Servers, and Windows Servers while addressing improvements in stored procedures (e.g. compile DOTNET code to SSIS package, ROWLOCK optimistic locking).
- TCV: $30M FTE: 25
- Work Locations: Beaverton, Atlanta, Washington, DC
- Managed ongoing data center and call center operations for Global IT Operations affecting 60 countries and 4 service centers.
- Operations included support SAP HR, GERS, e-HR (Siebel) applications, Gigabit Networks, and associated hosting environments and infrastructure.
- I defined and implemented steady-state ITIL V3 operations policies and procedures for change, release, and incident management.
- I facilitated resolution of technical issues while ensuring that appropriate interface, infrastructure, and data controls were deployed and tested.
- I maintained excellent stakeholder relationships throughout the 2 years and multiple roles for this client.
- TCV: $120M FTE: 200
- Work Locations: Raleigh, Costa Rica, Hungary, Atlanta
Senior IT Project Manager; Confidential
- This was a project to outsource the CVS PeopleSoft HR applications to IBM.
- I planned, coordinated, and facilitated a move to production and outsourcing to India for CVS PeopleSoft HR applications while coordinating the activities of 200 IBM and CVS personnel.
- HR Applications included Benefits, EDRM, and Fulfillment for 150,000 employees.
- I facilitated resolution of production issues and provided client briefings, while managing the 24x7 command center operations.
- TCV: $20M FTE: 47
- Work Locations: Atlanta, Woonsocket (RI)
Senior IT Program/Transition Manager, Confidential
- This project covered the divestiture of HRMS operations for the Personal Computer Division employees from IBM to Confidential
- I was the North American Transition Manager with responsibilities for the design, build, test, and deployment phases to deploy new HR operational environments.
- The scope of effort included implementation of Confidential America’s HR applications (e.g., GERS, SAP Payroll, Performance, and T&E).
- I organized and managed the 24x7 command center operations from the Costa Rica Service Center while leveraging the Siebel CRM help desk application.
- In addition to Siebel, alternative CRM applications used to handle incident resolution included Remedy, Clarify, and Managenow.
- I responded to numerous technical and organization issues with a 100% resolution record.
- The Confidential senior leadership recognized me for producing an outstanding transition plan.
- I managed project activities across multiple project teams while relying on a common set of milestones/toll gates to ensure synchronization of schedules.
- I performed the planning for EMEA and AP transitions.
- These activities included travel to Budapest for implementing a new call center.
- I trained and mentored the transition manager that would later lead the EMEA transition activities.
- TCV: $200M FTE: 125
- Work Locations: Raleigh, Costa Rica, Hungary, Atlanta
Enterprise IT Program Manager, Confidential
- Performed overall leadership for delivery of technical services outsource Confidential procurement B2C business and IT operations to IBM.
- I assumed a troubled SAP PTP project, which was over budget and behind schedule.
- I “crashed” the project schedule by quickly reorganizing the team, adding personnel, and improving customer relationships.
- Successfully concluded all testing and move to production on the original schedule while moving overall program status from Red to Green over a five-month period.
- I achieved a high level of customer satisfaction through inclusion of client personnel in delivery activities.
- A revenue bump of $27M was achieved by accelerating completion of project deliverables.
- TCV: $70M FTE: 55
- Work Locations: New York City, Piscataway (NJ), Atlanta.
Technical Program Manager, Confidiential
- I managed delivery of technical services and solution development for a S1 Corporate Banking Solution.
- I deployed a 9-person IBM development team to accomplish integration, data conversion/migration, and testing activities.
- I performed a bottoms-up project sizing analysis, which resulted in an account revenue increase by $2.2M against a 51% GP.
- I identified a two-thirds reduction in the client’s hardware procurement costs.
- Managed a combined IBM and SunTrust team of 85 individuals to complete the design and coding of integration and data components associated with 29 legacy mainframe applications and the subsequent integration with the S1 application.
- Prepared a detailed MS Project schedule, program deliverables, and managed issues, actions, risk, change management, communications plan, facilitated team and client meetings, and produced weekly status reports to the senior client leadership.
- TCV: $2.5M FTE: 22
- Work Locations: Atlanta
Technical Project Manager, & Program Transition Manager,Confidential,
- I managed delivery of technical services for the largest component of a $300M Project to outsource Philips North American product support, manufacturing, and WMS services to IBM.
- I joined the project prior to contract award and established a 45-person team to design, build, test, and deploy a custom Java application for customer’s service contracts.
- I facilitated a business design Methodology Adoption Workshop (MAW) based on Six Sigma methodology to develop use cases, process flows, and business rules, which led to a baselined business design.
- I led the design/build/test actions across technical teams to ensure a quality solution.
- Managed deployment of software change management (CM), incident/defect management with Rational Clearquest, and implemented a software release strategy, which included the introduction of a iterative Functional Demonstrations.
- Early submission of design specifications was accomplished through reuse of related artifacts.
- Performed the Program Transition Manager role for the planning and subsequent execution of a very successful July 4th production cutover across different teams comprised of approximately 200 SMEs.
- TCV: $300M FTE: 125
- Work Locations: Atlanta, Knoxville