An innovative and results-driven technical project manager with extensive experience in delivering risk-averse mission-critical financial services solutions. A detail-oriented, analytical control officer who understands the inter-dependencies between technical and business priorities.
- Manage application support/development projects and teams with major strengths in:
- Control & Compliance
- SDLC/ALM Tools/Dashboards
- Re-engineering/Lean/Agile methodology
- Financial analysis/budgeting
- Staff management/global teams
- Software Asset/Vendor management
- Treasury/Cash Management
- MBS Trading Desk/Securitizations
- MS-Graduate school of Technology Management | PMP-certified | CISSP-candidate
Confidential, New York, NY
Technical Project Manager
Project portfolio includes:
- Process/staffing re-engineering initiative using ‘Lean’ (Toyota), Agile/Scrum principles and methodologies/SOP’s; pilot project netted cost savings of 17% or ~$1.5MM.
- Software Asset Management Analysis and cost-savings using industry best practice levers; pilot project netted 15% first-year reduction in costs.
- Incident / Problem / Change Management Tool (ServiceNow) rollout, populate CMDB master data repository; retired several legacy systems with significant cost reduction.
- Enhanced Digital Certificates (Verisign, Entrust) risk management processes.
- Manage global team with responsibility for: Control & Compliance Program, Tools & Metrics Program, Software Asset Management Program, in support of all Development, QC and Production Support teams and applications
- Enhanced/Expanded Control & Compliance Program, through the use of weekly standing meetings, status reports, metrics, and dashboards. Controls tracked include (in part): KRI’s, Terminations/Revocations, Employee security training /awareness, Developer Security Training , Entitlement reviews, Security Access/Segregation of Duties, COB/DR planning, DAP, FID, Trusted B2B exceptions, URL tracking, Vulnerability/Security Assessments (Ethical Hack/IVA/EVA, Deep code-scan, Lite code-scan, Penetration testing, Injection, XSS), Risk Acceptance tracking, EOL/EOVS Software, Corrective Action Plans (CAPs), Separation of Duties, Multi-factor Authentication (MFA), SOX, PII/Data privacy/Data governance, Records Management, AML reporting, KYC/Client due-diligence, Quarterly RCSA/Compliance self-Assessment, SDLC compliance, Third-party IS Assessments (TPISA), Data obfuscation, Database access exceptions, Security incidents, Audit response: OCC Audits (2), MAS (Singapore) Audit, HKMA Audit (Hong Kong), Software Licensing, Authentication Certificate (Verisign,Entrust) administration.
- Enhanced/Expanded ALM Tools and Metrics Progra
- Tools Function – Manage team of engineers to administer Application Lifecyle Management (ALM ) tools, including: Rational Clearcase (source control), Doors (requirements), MS Team Foundation Server (source control), TeamTrack (defect/change tracking), HP Quality Center (test automation), Performance Center (performance testing); Middleware Tools Access – TIBCO, Websphere, and SAP/BO/Crystal.
- Website Projects –
- Design, create, deploy new sector website, ASP.NET, MS Visual Web Dev.
- Metrics Projects – Developed Stats, Dashboards that present server health monitoring, performance statistics, application statistics; capacity measurement and planning, Daily/Weekly/Monthly metrics, HP Performance Agent/Measureware, RTView, AMD, Sharepoint.
- Infrastructure and Asset Optimization Program
- Manage 90 servers amongst 3 distributed computing server labs allocated to R&D, Development, Build Engineering, Tools, and QC functions.
- Asset Optimization Wintel Servers Project – migrate 80 servers/applications to virtual/VM machines, estimated savings over 3 year period– $4MM
- Distributed computing R&D Labs relocation Initiative – estimated savings over 3 year period - $1.2MM; Lab consolidation/111-8 R&D Lab – all unsecured servers, labs, and 2nd desktops migrated into secure 1200 sq ft lab; Decommission 111-6 R&D Lab – all servers/applications migrated to 111-8 Lab shared platforms; Design/Populate 1600 sq ft WBldgD R&D Lab - ~50% of lab infrastructure moved from NYC lab; Design/Populate 600 sq f JC-17 Lab - ~50% of lab infrastructure moved from NYC lab.
- Created/Expanded Software Asset Management Program
- Software Procurement & Vendor Management Function – manage vendor relationships, Procure-To-Pay (P2P), licensing, and maintenance/support contracts.
- Software Asset Management (SAM) Function – manage license/deploy/reuse 20 desktop/developer products, including Rational RAD, RSA, Visual Studio, TFS… more.
- Desktop Software Reuse Project – estimated savings over 3 year period – $1.2MM
- ALM/SDLC (RTC) Reengineering Project – new, projected savings from pilot phase - ~$.9MM.
VP, Application Development Manager (TPM), Deployment, CitiDirect (E-B Portal) (2001 – 2005)
- As Production Release Manager – Managed Team of ten staff (FTE’s and Consultants) with responsibility for Builds, Compliance, Change Control, COB/DR planning, Defect Tracking, Deployment, Environments, R&D Lab Infrastructure, and Release Management.
AVP, Architect – Application Support, CitiDirect
- As Production Support Architect, manage PS technology stack, break-fix, tools, and processes.
- Progressed through increasingly responsible roles from programmer/ analyst to manage team of up to 15, including employees and consultants.
- Manage teams to design, build, deploy and support:
- Trading Desk Systems: Loan Portfolio Analysis, Securitization Packaging, Trade Maker/checker and 3-way reconciliations, Mortgage-backed Securities (MBS) and non-MBS Trading/Hedging systems, ETL/MDM – Mainframe to Oracle with PL/SQL.
- Loan Files (credit, legal) Tracking system, using Barcoding technology, deployed nationally in several records management facilities, ~3 million files, hundreds of system users nationwide.
- OCC / HMDA / AML Reporting Systems.
- Mortgage Loan Decision/Origination Support Systems automating sales support, Mortgage Post-Closing System automating post-closing processes.
- Malcolm Baldridge Team Award Finalists;
- Technology: C, Clipper/Foxbase/dBase, Turbo C++/Borland C++, MS-DOS