More than twenty years of demonstrated success in the management and delivery of large technology programs in the public and private sector.
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Schedule Management
- Risk Management
- Program and Project Delivery
- Team Management
- MS Project
- Budget / Cost Management
- Directed and managed a project engineering team for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission; effort included multiple information technology tasks associated with a data center buildout and planning required to move 1200 personnel into the new facility.
- Managed all planning to relocate multiple data centers, remote services and users into a single data center, in the newly constructed 14 story building; plan included the transition of existing hardware, and the replacement of outdated hardware in the new data center, in a manner to coincide with the overall organizational move plan.
- Managed a team of remote system architects, who researched individual solutions and prepared recommendations. Delivered the associated schedule and recommendations in the areas of network design, security, email, virtualization, SAN, printing and network management tools. Recommendations and planning was documented, briefed to the customer in an iterative manner; once approved, acquisition decisions based on these recommendations were completed and executed.
- The proposed network solution was adopted and is being executed; remaining solutions were not completed as the transition into this building has been placed on hold as a result of Government funding issues.
- Managed, reviewed, submitted and approved a SOW, proposal, and associated planning for a new - business touchdown workstation area for employees moving into the new facility; a $200k contract was awarded to my organization. Managed the efforts of a supporting PM, who completed many of these tasks.
- Completed a separate project to finalize the implementation of an automated call director, replacing a similar outdated system, which was never successfully implemented by the predecessor team. Qualified and managed the daily efforts of a subcontractor working with assigned DSFG personnel to complete this effort. The final tool enhanced the collection of data, supporting help desk performance against contract service level requirements.
- Managed the project schedule to ensure project tasks are completed in a timely manner; established and maintained a healthy customer relationship by completing tasks on time and within budget. This included requirements collection, schedule creation and management, status reporting and issue resolution.
- Managed the creation and review of project goals, deliverables, milestones, and status reports (internal and customer focused); coordinated delivery or presentation of same with the customer. Personally created multiple project charters, schedules, project management plans, and status reports for the efforts within my span of control.
Public Sector Project Manager
- Managed the implementation of Confidential products at strategic customer sites. Planned, designed and led migration efforts, interfacing with client project management, and designing customer solutions while working closely with our customers.
- Designed and architected the product deployment approach and the best practice process based on client requirements.
- Planned and designed the schedule, activities and resource requirements of engagement(s), impacting client’s business; focuses on engagement delivery, status and issue resolution, providing results to the client.
- Managed multiple simultaneous efforts, special integration projects, and ad-hoc projects with requirements outside of the standard product functionality.
- Provide technical knowledge transfer to Quest management teams and high level client executives.
Transition Management Specialist
- Provided program management support to the US Navy and their Federal counterparts, planning the transition of a $1.7B Department of the Navy Acquisition Category (ACAT) I-A pre-Major Automated Information System (MAIS) program;
- Monitored scope, time, communications and documentation of a $54M portion of this effort, focused on the early transition activities of this program.
- Compiled and distributed reports to depict financial, schedule and programmatic planning and execution; assist in gathering data and preparing Congressional responses. Prepare programmatic status reporting.
- Created and coordinated a program wide RACI chart, indicating programmatic coordination requirements across approximately twenty NGEN organizations.
Operations Manager (Technical Delivery Team Manager)
- Managed a technical team of approximately twenty five personnel to include network administrators, system administrators and database analysts, supporting two U.S. Army mission critical personnel systems located in Herndon, VA, St. Louis MO, The Pentagon, and Kuwait.
Operations Manager (Technical Delivery Team Manager) (continued)
- Successfully managed the cost, performance, schedule, scope and delivery of the Operations Team for more than four years. Effort included negotiating and managing the coordination of resources, cost accounting, technical issue resolution, as well as personnel and financial management.
- Managed the account acquisition process to support both systems, totaling approximately $3.1M annually. Effort included the acquisition of new systems, as well as hardware and software maintenance. Created and managed budgetary documentation to support these efforts. Collected and compiled cost information from vendors, to support acquisitions and budgetary expenditures.
- Manage personnel actions for employees and subcontractors, to include organizational design, hiring, salary, bonus and increase actions, discipline and dismissal. Effort also extends in a similar manner to subcontractors, as well as the negotiation and documentation of effort. Team is composed of EDS and subcontractor personnel, with average salary exceeding $100K annually.
- Completed multiple major refreshes of hardware in the US Army Kuwait Theater of Operations. Effort included the management of the design, acquisition, shipment and remote installation in Kuwait. Prepared financial justification for the hardware and software acquisitions, totaling approximately $200K each. Negotiated and managed the schedules for these projects, providing recurring status to the customer, as well as management. Completed system acquisitions to enable the installation in Kuwait by personnel travelling to the area. Effort has been operating successfully since May 2008.
- Completed the proposal, design, acquisition and installation of a training solution for the US Army Soldier Support Institute, to resolve long standing technical issues. Managed the design of the solution and the associated cost and schedule for this effort. Successfully briefed proposed technical solution, cost and schedule to decision makers. Initial acquisition totaled more than $750K. Obtained funding for two additional permanent, full time personnel positions to manage the system, long term. Managed the preparation for annual Army security audits to ensure receipt or renewal of the Authority To Operate on the Army’s NIPRNet or SIPRNet.
- Provide regular status reporting on all actions to the client and internal management. Effort includes written and oral status briefing, as well as conducting multiple weekly recurring meetings or briefings
Project Manager, eSCORE
- Managed the implementation of eSCORE, a configuration management application, across multiple Confidential organizations and internal software developers.
Project Manager, Site Data Collection / Validations
- Created, staffed and managed NMCI validation teams, totaling approximately 100 EDS and subcontractor personnel. Manage multiple home based and remote teams, through subordinate project managers, completing the validation of legacy Navy and Marine Corps local area networks. Effort included collection of user, network server and printer data; provided assistance to multiple sites preparing to transition to NMCI to include providing bridge activities between site validation and cutover.
- Managed associated budgetary, personnel and process actions to support this effort; this included preparation of a budget totaling approximately $10 million, hiring, salary negotiation, disciplinary and dismissal actions, subcontractor management to include task identification, performance, pricing discussions and dismissal.
- Completed a realignment of subcontractor support, reducing both the quantity and cost of subcontractor support. Effort included extensive coordination with NMCI site management, subcontracting management and selected vendors.
Project Manager, Server Validation Team
- Designed, staffed and managed a 60-person network validation organization, creating multiple teams to collect file server information; ensured availability of personnel to complete the validations, on schedule and within budget.
- Created the schedule, policies and procedures by which these teams validated existing networks and began the planning for the migration to NMCI. Track and report progress toward cutover readiness.
- Managed associated budgetary, personnel and process actions to support effort; this includes preparation of a multimillion dollar budget, personnel hiring, salary negotiation, disciplinary and dismissal actions. Effort also included subcontractor management